The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 23rd, 2014, 12:50 PM
Bohars

Advertise here
is it possible to get desmume to connect to a wireless network or does it have to be a direct connect? Every where I read for how to get it to connect ive tried but nothing has worked. ive tried virtual box but I guess the windows cd is needed to run it and im not sure where that is. When testing the connection it says unable to obtain ip address please move within range of access point when the router is right in front of me. any ideas or should I just do a direct connection?
Old March 24th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohars View Post
is it possible to get desmume to connect to a wireless network or does it have to be a direct connect? Every where I read for how to get it to connect ive tried but nothing has worked. ive tried virtual box but I guess the windows cd is needed to run it and im not sure where that is. When testing the connection it says unable to obtain ip address please move within range of access point when the router is right in front of me. any ideas or should I just do a direct connection?
You need Ethernet connection.
And you need special 0.9.7 DeSmuME build that supports Wi-Fi.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 29th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Bohars

i connected the Ethernet cable to the laptop and disconnected the wireless connection but my emulator still won't connect. it gives error code 52000 move within range of access point. I am using a desmume .9.7 with wifi capabilities. do I have to change the ip and dns information?
Old April 2nd, 2014, 04:27 AM
TheCount

Im sure this asked all the time, but IS it possibly to trade between say, platinum/pearl or platinum/soulsilver or soulsilver/heartgold, basically gen 4 to 4 using any DS emulator? Im using DeSmuMe atm and realize that you will mostly likly need to use the wifi enabled version, if so, is it possible to trade between yourself using 2 open emulators? If not how would i go about doing this?

I know you can trade between gren 3 to 4 using pal park and Desmume and then from gen 4 on to 5 so if i could figure this 4 to 4 bit out would be absolutely perfect

Any help would be much obliged!!
Old April 3rd, 2014, 03:38 PM
J-

Okay, so I searched for this and couldn't find help. I need to know why this is happening:

I'm reworking the text on my hack using Advance Text and when I do, it will sometimes affect the texts of others. I mean this as in when I make one person say something it may change the text of what another person is saying.

Can someone help me fix it?
Old April 3rd, 2014, 06:38 PM
Bohars

I managed to get my emulator to connect the wifi, but my new issue is I wanted to trade a lvl 15 houndour in pokemon black for a lvl 9 purloin from pokemon white. I put houndour up as an offer and went onto my white version to finalize the trade but I can't seem to search for houndour since the block for GHI is grayed out. I don't need to finish pokemon white and get the national dex to make this trade do I?

Last edited by Bohars; April 3rd, 2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old April 8th, 2014, 03:12 PM
NinjasStoleMyTV

I'm trying to trade with myself using VBALink 1.8.0 and between FireRed/Sapphire but I only succeed 5% of the time, and the other 95% I get the "communication error, please check all connections, then turn the power off and on" screen as soon as I walk into the trade room.

I have:
-pause when inactive window deselected
-wireless adapter deselected because sapphire is not compatible with it
-under link options, single computer selected with a link timeout of 15000 milliseconds, although I get the same error with different link timeouts
-If it makes any difference, the priority set to above normal

Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Old April 16th, 2014, 04:42 AM
finalrayne
High Roller

I want to be able to record my gameplay without lag when the emulator goes below 100% every recording software I've found the sound gets out of sync.

Click on trainer card for my Trade Shop and Umbreon for my Trade Reviews
Old April 18th, 2014, 11:15 AM
hashtag
the man in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalrayne View Post
I want to be able to record my gameplay without lag when the emulator goes below 100% every recording software I've found the sound gets out of sync.
If you're using VBA why not use VBA's built-in video recorder? It's always been a-okay for me!

paired with christos
Old April 18th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinx View Post
If you're using VBA why not use VBA's built-in video recorder? It's always been a-okay for me!
It doesn't always work though, especially if you're using Wine. And since the non-Windows version of VBA lacks video recording (and a significant number of debugging tools) Wine is the only way of getting some of those features on other systems. Not to mention that the built-in video recorder often suffers from audio lag.

Old April 19th, 2014, 02:21 AM
finalrayne
High Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinx View Post
I always get audio lag when using a vbas recorder.

Click on trainer card for my Trade Shop and Umbreon for my Trade Reviews
Old April 24th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Golden_Dragon123

Is it possible to trade pokemon between Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver using DeSmuME emulator ?
Old April 26th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Flower
ワイルドフラワー

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Flower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Dragon123 View Post
Is it possible to trade pokemon between Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver using DeSmuME emulator ?
It is certainly possible.
Old April 26th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Ririchio-san

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladynarmo View Post
I'm really sorry if this has already been answered. It's really hard to find the right answer to my question because of the huge save problem with pokemon fire red.
I'm playing pokemon emerald on the vba emulator. (I'm not too familiar with the specific words for some technical things so I'll just describe it as best as I can).
I save just normally just like you would save on an actual gameboy. And I've had no problem with that. But I've saved a few times using the drop down menu and pressing "save game".
I've never loaded it before. I just saved it a few times and I get paranoid that something might have to the save file just in the game. (I'm paranoid because I used to play fire red on rom...)
And then one day, I pressed F6 by accident while I was trying to lower the volume. And it loaded the save that I saved through "save game". I turned the emulator off, then on, but it was still that F6 file! I can open other save files like F1, F2, etc. But I can't get back to the save file that is just in the game! I tried loading all the save files like F1, F2, etc but none of them had the normal save file saved onto it..
And the latest save file that I have is a few badges ago and what really pisses me off was that I JUST caught the three legendary pokemons and I just went through victory road to go to the pokemon league...
Sorry for the long post but do you know any way to get that save file back?
I tried clicking import and click on the pokemon emerald battery file but it popped up that loading a snapshot file will erase everything. I'm not sure if it IS a snapshot file or... it's just warning me.
Please help me T-T

+I grabbed up the courage to import battery file and it only brought me to that other save that was several badges before.
Im sorry wish i could help , but you have no choice but to play from there and i also have the same problem, im currently playing black and due the autosave feature the whole game started again. Sorry
Old April 27th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Flugmerkur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ririchio-san View Post
Im sorry wish i could help , but you have no choice but to play from there and i also have the same problem, im currently playing black and due the autosave feature the whole game started again. Sorry
Just click file on the vba menu and than click reset. It should load the save that you made in game with the menu.
Old April 27th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Ririchio-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flugmerkur View Post
Just click file on the vba menu and than click reset. It should load the save that you made in game with the menu.
thanks for the advice but i already tried that and it didn't work ( oh by the way , i'm not playing in VBA i'm playing in nds4droid. )
Old April 27th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Flugmerkur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ririchio-san View Post
thanks for the advice but i already tried that and it didn't work ( oh by the way , i'm not playing in VBA i'm playing in nds4droid. )
Oh, sorry then. :/
It works in vba.

Each time you save it makes a save file on your computer. Have you tried deleting the save file you don't want?
Old April 27th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Ririchio-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flugmerkur View Post
Oh, sorry then. :/
It works in vba.

Each time you save it makes a save file on your computer. Have you tried deleting the save file you don't want?
Actually nds4droid is for android and i'm playing black in an android.

nah, it didn't work , i'm able to find my file but i'm not able to open it ( i've tried opening it by nds4droid and by directly clicking on the save file, i failed both the times ).

thanks .

Last edited by Ririchio-san; April 27th, 2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old April 28th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Golden_Dragon123

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.V View Post
It is certainly possible.
It would be very kind if you cam explain the steps in details. I am trying to trade my Haunter in Heart Gold with my Kadabra in Soul Silver. I have DeSmuMe 0.9.7. Is anything else required?
Old April 28th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Dragon123 View Post
It would be very kind if you cam explain the steps in details. I am trying to trade my Haunter in Heart Gold with my Kadabra in Soul Silver. I have DeSmuMe 0.9.7. Is anything else required?
DeSmuME 0.9.6 specific build.
0.9.7 doesn't support wi-fi.
Check YouTube tutorial.

Old May 5th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Kontauri13

Every time I install Drastic emu, it always says "App Not Installed"
I had Drastic before but I already uninstalled it a long time ago.
I already tried downloading every version, for rooted or non-rooted.
I even factory data reset my phone. My phone is capable of running Drastic.
But I don't know the reason why it's always "App Not Installed".

Help! I want to play Pokemon Platinum so badly!! X.x
Old May 6th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Trejox

Hi so i've been playing pretty much every pokemon hack rom on VBA the past years and had a blast, but only because I could toggle the speed with spacebar(which is perfectly smooth at 400%). I tried searching for the same thing to do in a DS emulator such as NO$GBA or DeSmuME but found nothing, just a bunch of 5 year old guides which speed up very little or make the game unplayable by skipping frames via settings.

I need a speed toggle like on VBA, any ideas if this is possible?

Thanks!
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:50 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trejox View Post
Hi so i've been playing pretty much every pokemon hack rom on VBA the past years and had a blast, but only because I could toggle the speed with spacebar(which is perfectly smooth at 400%). I tried searching for the same thing to do in a DS emulator such as NO$GBA or DeSmuME but found nothing, just a bunch of 5 year old guides which speed up very little or make the game unplayable by skipping frames via settings.

I need a speed toggle like on VBA, any ideas if this is possible?

Thanks!
Plus button on No$, Tab button on DeS.
Obviously, you won't get 400% anyhow.
It's a DS emulation, it's much more harder.

Old May 10th, 2014, 08:20 AM
coolnisi98

Hey everyone, I was wondering is there a Nintendo 3DS emulator that I can download and play Pokemon Y in. I tried searching for one but they all ended up to be scams and stupid survey downloads. If there is no Nintendo 3DS emulator, is it possible to play Pokemon Y on a regular DS emulator? I don't really care about all the 3D and everything, I just want to play Pokemon Y.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Old May 10th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnisi98 View Post
Hey everyone, I was wondering is there a Nintendo 3DS emulator that I can download and play Pokemon Y in. I tried searching for one but they all ended up to be scams and stupid survey downloads. If there is no Nintendo 3DS emulator, is it possible to play Pokemon Y on a regular DS emulator? I don't really care about all the 3D and everything, I just want to play Pokemon Y.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Nope there's no up and running 3DS Emulator yet and no you can't play X&Y on a regular DS emulator. Trust me I've tried it didn't work

Sponsored Links

Advertise here