• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

How to Create New Evolutionary Stones: Step by Step

loldamaru

say lol
Years
Look man, errors like this can range from a simple byte range to entire chunks of your rom being screwed over. I don't have the time to search your rom for the issue. I wish I did, but I just don't.

Is that so? Maybe my rom had screwed up. I waiting for someome help but i will try my best to solve this. Fortunately i have recent backup. If you have free time let me know. Thx karatekid552!

Years
i did exactly what you said in the tut and it doesnt work. Oak just tells me it isnt the time to use it and also if i dont use a save file i get a white screen on my emulator
btw im using mrdollsteaks patch

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 15, 2014
Sorry to disturb you but i dont understand this step:
Step 2) Take the item number, and subtract the item number of a Potion from it, which is D. This is because the table we are going to edit starts and potion.

Years
Hey, could you tell me what exactly is "G3T"?
Yeah G3T first of all stands for "Gen 3 Tools." Now you may noticed I said tools and not tool. This is because G3T is a compilation of five different tools. A move editor, a trainer editor, a Pokemon editor, a item editor, and it can even de-capitalize words in your rom. Here's a link to the tool if you'd like to download it: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
What if I want to be able to use a certain item, say, Metal Coat for Onix, in the same manner as an evolution stone?

Last edited:

BLAx501!

Pokemon Flux
Years
What if I want to be able to use a certain item, say, Metal Coat for Onix, in the same manner as an evolution stone?

Well, as far as I'm conecerned, you can't do that. but you can always create a new Item with the same picture and a different name and follow the tutorial

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Hi, I have a question because I don't understand very much the tutorial because i have a very low english level (I'm venezuelan) and if this tutorial have a video, i be very grateful.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
It didnt work for me... It says It didnt hace any effect and went back to menú in my edited pokemon... Any idea?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 22, 2022
Has someone not made a patch for all the new stones?? If so can someone pm me the link :)

Years
How to create a new Evolutionary Stone

I have seen people asking for this several times, so I decided to write my first full length tutorial on the subject. As of right now, this post will not have images, but if anyone does find need of them, just ask.

Note: Every number in this tut should be in Hex unless otherwise specified.

Requirements:

-An Advance Gen Rom
-A hex editor (HxD works well)
-Item Manager (PGE DOES NOT WORK!)
-Free Space Finder (FSF)
-Some time
-A brain

Step 1) Follow DavidJCobb's Item Creation tutorial and make the new item look completely the same as another evolutionary stone already in existence, only changing its name and description. Please note, that this tutorial can only use the empty item numbers between Potion and Sitrus Berry.

Step 2) Take the item number, and subtract the item number of a Potion from it, which is D. This is because the table we are going to edit starts and potion.

Step 3) Now, multiply the number we got in step 2 by 4.

Step 4) Take this number and add it "OffsetA". (Which is found in a nice table at the top.)

Does "take this number and add it" meant that if I have for example 63 from step 3, I should add A on it and search for 63A within the hex editor? Thanks, sorry i got confused

Years
Hi!! Do you know how to edit the ???? in G3T, I've read your post and saw you were looking for an easier way to make evo stones.. THANKS :)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
I tried making mew two being able to evolve with an item I called the corruption machine, but when I use it on mewtwo it shows a feeding animation and it says - huh?, and goes back to the bag with the unused item and un evolved mewtwo, but I made charmander able to evolve with the same item into charizard and that works, just mewtwo doesn't, btw, I tried making mewtwo evolve into chimencho (which I replaced the sprite and made it corrupt mew two) does it have anything to do with that?
Thx in advance

BLAx501!

Pokemon Flux
Years
I tried making mew two being able to evolve with an item I called the corruption machine, but when I use it on mewtwo it shows a feeding animation and it says - huh?, and goes back to the bag with the unused item and un evolved mewtwo, but I made charmander able to evolve with the same item into charizard and that works, just mewtwo doesn't, btw, I tried making mewtwo evolve into chimencho (which I replaced the sprite and made it corrupt mew two) does it have anything to do with that?
Thx in advance

That's because the evolution you have set for Mewtwo doesn't appear on the Regional Dex (the default one) and the game prevents it from evolving. The quickest fix is to give the NationalDex (activate the flag) and it sholud be done ;)

Does "take this number and add it" meant that if I have for example 63 from step 3, I should add A on it and search for 63A within the hex editor? Thanks, sorry i got confused

You have to add both terms, not concatenate them. The operation will be 0x63 + 0xA = 0x6D

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
That's because the evolution you have set for Mewtwo doesn't appear on the Regional Dex (the default one) and the game prevents it from evolving. The quickest fix is to give the NationalDex (activate the flag) and it sholud be done ;)

You have to add both terms, not concatenate them. The operation will be 0x63 + 0xA = 0x6D

Thank you I'm gonna try it right now ;)

theice

IM GONNA BE THE VERY BEST LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 17, 2017
I dont get Step 7

Back