• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 31, 2014
Guys this is awesome! could anyone guide me on how i could add those to pokemon black 2?

Thank you!

Years
Guys this is awesome! could anyone guide me on how i could add those to pokemon black 2?

Thank you!

if you want to add x and y pokemon to black 2 you should look at smogons xy sprites, because the sprites on smogon are in b/w 2 style, while here the sprites are in gba style :)

Years
Goodra looks like a psycho killer ;p

You should add Arceus-Fairy too and Latios/Latias mega evos and Volcanion, Hoopa and Diancie. Or will you wait for their official release?

tayub121

Inventor
Years
Here is my Bunnelby Front Sprite. I hope you like it, it is not indexed, but it only uses 13 colors. (including the background color) It could probably use those three extra colors to bring out more depth in the ears and such.
View attachment 72242
Here is my Scatterbug Front Sprite. It uses all 16 colors including the background.
View attachment 72244

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Goodra looks like a psycho killer ;p

You should add Arceus-Fairy too and Latios/Latias mega evos and Volcanion, Hoopa and Diancie. Or will you wait for their official release?

Thanks I guess?

The names have all been added except Arceus-Fairy.

Here is my Bunnelby Front Sprite. I hope you like it, it is not indexed, but it only uses 13 colors. (including the background color) It could probably use those three extra colors to bring out more depth in the ears and such.
Attachment 72242
Here is my Scatterbug Front Sprite. It uses all 16 colors including the background.
Attachment 72244

They both look alright, too based off of the models though.
I think I may except Bunnelby though.

Anyway, here is Avalugg!

iUx1wvc.png

It was a pain to get the shading to look believable.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Nice! Really great work with this, honestly. But I have a suggestion. Maybe take a bit of a break from working on normal Gen 6 pokemon, and do some Mega-Evolutions? Personally, I'd like to see the Kanto starter Mega-Evos!

tayub121

Inventor
Years
Mega Blatoise Front Sprite

Nice! Really great work with this, honestly. But I have a suggestion. Maybe take a bit of a break from working on normal Gen 6 pokemon, and do some Mega-Evolutions? Personally, I'd like to see the Kanto starter Mega-Evos!

View attachment 72257

Here is my Mega Blastoise. The colors will be difficult to get to work with the shiny sprite as well as create the look I wanted, so I just left it like this. (So when someone goes to put a shiny palette in, the browns don't half turn yellow and half turn green in the same area of the sprite) It's a bit sloppy, but it's what I got.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years

My main priority is the Gen 6 Pokemon, so that with Chaos' Gen I to V sprites, we can make a proper
721 patch. I may do Mega Venusaur and Gengar soon though, because I have a front sprite for Gengar, and a back sprite for Venusaur.

Here is my Mega Blastoise. The colors will be difficult to get to work with the shiny sprite as well as create the look I wanted, so I just left it like this. (So when someone goes to put a shiny palette in, the browns don't half turn yellow and half turn green in the same area of the sprite) It's a bit sloppy, but it's what I got.

Don't think I'll be accepting this.

Nor the other one by Castor23

That's not the GBA sprite style... that's just a resized sprite.

I'm not doing the GBA sprite style, I'm doing DS-style.

Anyway I've done all four sizes of Gourgeist!

gVngTDW.png

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
mine are not well off and those who are poor and let you guys get ... after all I do not understand this is a forum where we can not give an opinion?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
mine are not well off and those who are poor and let you guys get ... after all I do not understand this is a forum where we can not give an opinion?
Yes, you can give an opinion on this forum, but as this is MrDollSteak's project, it is ultimately his decision as to what is accepted and what isn't. The most important factor is the art style. It seems that many people making submissions don't seem to understand that - the art style is supposed to match that of what was used in the official Pokémon games that were on the Nintendo DS. To be more specific, the anime-ish high-contrast shading style that was used in the HG/SS and B/W (Gen V mons) sprites. If you submit a sprite that's in a totally different art style, MrDollSteak will not accept it no matter how 'good' it looks. You have to ask yourself this before making a submission - does that sprite look like it came from the same game/artist as the other sprites, or does it look like it came from an entirely different game/artist?

Even though we're all different artists with our own styles, this particular project involves mimicking a specific art style that was done by whoever drew the HG/SS and B/W sprites (I'm 90% positive that Game Freak used the HG/SS sprite artist for the B/W sprites), which involves dark outlines, usually two main shades and a third bright shade used sparingly, and bright, vibrant colors, the overall look mimicking Japanese anime.

Maybe some people don't care about the sprites having a consistent style, and all those people care about are having usable Gen VI sprites in ROM hacks regardless of what style they're in; but the whole point of this project is to create DS-STYLE SPRITES. Why DS? Because someone recently completed a resized sprite resource consisting entirely of DS sprites resized to 64x64 for use in GBA ROM hacks, and this project is an extension of that project. The reason why that person resized sprites from Gens 1-3 even though he didn't have to because of sprites already existing for them, he wanted to make sure that ROM hackers can use resized Gen IV and V sprites without worrying about style-inconsistency.

MrDollSteak

Years

What?

Chaos' response is spot on, please read his comment and I hope that explains why I didn't accept 'your' sprite. (A shoddy resize of Noscium's Blastoise)

In the first Post I posted the Mega Sprites of Charizar. I hope you are accepted now.

If I didn't accept them then, I'm not going to accept them now.

I'm on a bit of a roll, because here's Furfrou!

uVwQYPY.png

Credits to Noscium/Paintseagull/Layell for the front sprite.

Note: I don't plan on doing any of it's 'forms' just yet.
If enough people want them in the future I may do it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
1 - I use google translate (is not easy)
2 - I wanted to show my indignation erase my comment (nothing against non aceitagem sprites)
3rd - I see a lot of quality in this project and did not like my comment was deleted and both with horrible sprites were never deleted
4th - the sprites are not even belong to resize Noscium's (if they want to say who the owner)
5 - I apologize for the spam and wish may then go ...

Keep up the good work, wanted to suggest (I know it is not easy) include Yveltal / Xerneas / Zygarde active form)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
3rd - I see a lot of quality in this project and did not like my comment was deleted and both with horrible sprites were never deleted
Listen, I deleted your post because you didn't actually include any words. You just posted your sprite. On PC, we have a rule that you must post at least four words / 25 characters. I honestly don't know what you're on when it comes to these "horrible sprites" you're talking about.

I'm getting tired of people coming into this project and throwing fits when their Noscium-resized sprites aren't accepted. MrDollSteak works damn hard to keep this thread running and has the decency to share it with everyone here. If you can't be respectful, accepting of criticism, or helpful to this thread; I'm going to start dealing out warnings/infractions.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
sorry but what I posted was not Noscium-resize sprites and thank you for saying what was the reason you've deleted...

Back