Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 6th, 2014 (03:17 AM). Edited June 6th, 2014 by MrDollSteak.
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote originally posted by Castor23:
mine are not well off and those who are poor and let you guys get ... after all I do not understand this is a forum where we can not give an opinion?
What?

Chaos' response is spot on, please read his comment and I hope that explains why I didn't accept 'your' sprite. (A shoddy resize of Noscium's Blastoise)

Quote:

In the first Post I posted the Mega Sprites of Charizar. I hope you are accepted now.
If I didn't accept them then, I'm not going to accept them now.

I'm on a bit of a roll, because here's Furfrou!

Credits to Noscium/Paintseagull/Layell for the front sprite.

Note: I don't plan on doing any of it's 'forms' just yet.
If enough people want them in the future I may do it.
Old June 7th, 2014 (05:48 PM).
Seth1353

Nature: Jolly
Are you adding mega sceptile mega swampert mega diancie and atom Kyogre/Groudon?? btw you're making heaps of progress and good luck with the sprites.
Old June 8th, 2014 (08:17 AM).
Castor23

1 - I use google translate (is not easy)
2 - I wanted to show my indignation erase my comment (nothing against non aceitagem sprites)
3rd - I see a lot of quality in this project and did not like my comment was deleted and both with horrible sprites were never deleted
4th - the sprites are not even belong to resize Noscium's (if they want to say who the owner)
5 - I apologize for the spam and wish may then go ...

Keep up the good work, wanted to suggest (I know it is not easy) include Yveltal / Xerneas / Zygarde active form)
Old June 10th, 2014 (04:41 AM).
Fairy

Quote originally posted by Castor23:
3rd - I see a lot of quality in this project and did not like my comment was deleted and both with horrible sprites were never deleted
Listen, I deleted your post because you didn't actually include any words. You just posted your sprite. On PC, we have a rule that you must post at least four words / 25 characters. I honestly don't know what you're on when it comes to these "horrible sprites" you're talking about.

I'm getting tired of people coming into this project and throwing fits when their Noscium-resized sprites aren't accepted. MrDollSteak works damn hard to keep this thread running and has the decency to share it with everyone here. If you can't be respectful, accepting of criticism, or helpful to this thread; I'm going to start dealing out warnings/infractions.
homestuck clubcredit
Old June 10th, 2014 (01:56 PM).
Castor23

sorry but what I posted was not Noscium-resize sprites and thank you for saying what was the reason you've deleted...
Old June 12th, 2014 (05:04 AM).
Erkin

Not sure if this helps but i re-sized this sprite from the Smogon XY Sprite Project
It's a Tyrantrum sprite originally made by Quanyails/Wyverii (front), aXl
Attached Images
File Type: png Tyrantrum.png‎ (4.1 KB, 68 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old June 13th, 2014 (03:39 PM).
Layell

Nature: Adamant
paintseagull and I did the smogon back. I also did the modified colours for Nosciums. If you are sticking with Noscium's (we did get a new one recently) then don't feel like you need to credit either of ours.
Old June 17th, 2014 (03:55 PM).
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
An Aegislash I've been working on. I've not been spriting much recently so it might seem a bit off, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

It is quite heavily based on the official artwork but I can guarantee you it's not a pixel-over. ^.^
Old June 18th, 2014 (04:22 AM).
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Hmm, I always always go over this thread itching to contribute something with an empty pocket. This thing MrDS is running has much potential, especially since he's making it a point to push in only quality sprites. Just saying.

Clauncher. In an attempt to emulate HGSS style. 11 colours, non-indexed. If not accepted, kindly tell the reasons so I may improve.

Well I may or may not introduce 6th Gen Pokémon for me hack, but I don't have any sprites. I guess I'll just help this project until it's finished.
Old June 18th, 2014 (04:45 AM).
MrDollSteak

Quote originally posted by Erkin:
Not sure if this helps but i re-sized this sprite from the Smogon XY Sprite Project
It's a Tyrantrum sprite originally made by Quanyails/Wyverii (front), aXl
Thanks, but I won't be accepting it. The resizing really doesn't do Tyrantrum justice, I reckon it needs a custom sprite designed for 64x64 to properly convey its dimensions.

Quote:
An Aegislash I've been working on. I've not been spriting much recently so it might seem a bit off, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

It is quite heavily based on the official artwork but I can guarantee you it's not a pixel-over. ^.^
I do like it, but I'm not 100% sure if I'll use it in the end. Mainly because it has two stances, I may have to do them together myself. I'll definitely consider it as a base for now though.

Quote:
Hmm, I always always go over this thread itching to contribute something with an empty pocket. This thing MrDS is running has much potential, especially since he's making it a point to push in only quality sprites. Just saying.

Clauncher. In an attempt to emulate HGSS style. 11 colours, non-indexed. If not accepted, kindly tell the reasons so I may improve.

Well I may or may not introduce 6th Gen Pokémon for me hack, but I don't have any sprites. I guess I'll just help this project until it's finished.
I appreciate your submission! I'll probably end up using this as a basis for the front sprite.

Anyway in unrelated news, I believe someone asked if I would be doing icons, and after initially declining, I have now decided to include icons. The main reason for this being, there are not any decent recoloured Gen VI icons available out there. I initially wanted to learn how to expand the palette table so that the sprites could be included without recolouring. Chaos Rush first started recolouring new icons to those of the Gen III sprites, and seeing how successful they were has prompted me to do the same. I am including custom 2nd frames for their animations as well. Here are the icons that have currently been done. I will prioritise the icons of the sprites that have already been made, so as to give hacks good quality resources!

I have tested them all in G3HS, and I think they look pretty sick.

Chespin

Quilladin

Chesnaught

Froakie

Frogadier

Greninja

Swirlix
Old June 18th, 2014 (05:02 AM).
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser

So I did a handful of icons too, which I'm guessing you know based off which ones you did:

Fennekin:

Braixen:

Delphox:

Fletchling:

Fletchinder:

Talonflame:

I'm not really a fan of Talonflame's animation yet and would rather not see it in the resource with that second frame- it really needs the tail feathers to move back and the head bobbing to be polished more.

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split
Old June 18th, 2014 (01:11 PM).
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I have a thread with every Gen VI icon sprite available + all the mega evolutions: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326404

I don't see much of a difference between the ones that I made and your custom ones, so if you would take a gander that would be appreciated.
Old June 18th, 2014 (02:33 PM).
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser

There are some very significant differences between these icons and yours:

(ignore the names)

Your resource is not cleaned up for gen 3 palettes at all, so the sprites look like a mess when inserted. It might be usable for an Essentials game, where palettes are less of a concern, but for a romhack that's quite lazy. They also don't have second frames.

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split
Old June 18th, 2014 (03:25 PM).
Renegade
Time for real life...

Quote originally posted by DoesntKnowHowToPlay:
There are some very significant differences between these icons and yours:

(ignore the names)

Your resource is not cleaned up for gen 3 palettes at all, so the sprites look like a mess when inserted. It might be usable for an Essentials game, where palettes are less of a concern, but for a romhack that's quite lazy. They also don't have second frames.
Mmm I see. Then I suppose the mega evolutions are the same way.
I think I'll leave them up though (as temporary icons), at least until these updated ones are complete.
Old June 18th, 2014 (04:12 PM).
Thundrake

Funnily enough I've just made a few icons for my own hack, feel free to use them.

Pancham:

Helioptile:

Heliolisk:

Hawlucha:

Carbink:

Bergmite:

Avalugg:

Noibat:

Noivern:
Old June 18th, 2014 (08:38 PM). Edited June 18th, 2014 by MrDollSteak.
MrDollSteak

Quote originally posted by DoesntKnowHowToPlay:
So I did a handful of icons too, which I'm guessing you know based off which ones you did:

I'm not really a fan of Talonflame's animation yet and would rather not see it in the resource with that second frame- it really needs the tail feathers to move back and the head bobbing to be polished more.
That's right Doesnt, I'd seen them in Chaos' post! Glad you posted them here.
I've just polished them slightly.

Also no worries about Talonflame I'd wait until I've done Front and Backsprites anyway!

Quote:
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I have a thread with every Gen VI icon sprite available + all the mega evolutions: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326404

I don't see much of a difference between the ones that I made and your custom ones, so if you would take a gander that would be appreciated.
Doesnt was exactly right, they're not really in the same style.

Quote:
Funnily enough I've just made a few icons for my own hack, feel free to use them.
These are fantastic! I'm definitely using them!

I've touched up and added Pancham, Helioptile, Heliolisk, Carbink and Avalugg for now.

------------------------

Here are the new icons, credits to Doesntknowhowtoplay for the Fennekin and Fletchling lines,
and to Thundrake for Pancham, Helioptile, Heliolisk, Carbink and Avalugg.

Fennekin

Braixen

Delphox

Diggersby

Fletchling

Fletchinder

Pancham

Helioptile

Heliolisk

Carbink

Avalugg

Also I've done Helioptile and Heliolisk

Credits to Wobblebuns for Helioptile's Front Sprite.
Old June 18th, 2014 (10:18 PM).
Syndrome10

You should also add Mega Sableye to Mega Evolutions list...
First level 100 Pokémon on Emerald: http://imgur.com/a/DN6ZL#0

Old June 19th, 2014 (01:36 AM).
Erkin

Alright, i re-sized another sprite from the XY Smogon Sprite Project. This time it's Binacle
Originally made by CoolStoryBrobat
Attached Images
File Type: png Binacle.png‎ (4.8 KB, 68 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old June 19th, 2014 (07:49 AM). Edited June 20th, 2014 by Superjub.
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by MrDollSteak:
Thanks, but I won't be accepting it. The resizing really doesn't do Tyrantrum justice, I reckon it needs a custom sprite designed for 64x64 to properly convey its dimensions.

I do like it, but I'm not 100% sure if I'll use it in the end. Mainly because it has two stances, I may have to do them together myself. I'll definitely consider it as a base for now though.

I appreciate your submission! I'll probably end up using this as a basis for the front sprite.

Anyway in unrelated news, I believe someone asked if I would be doing icons, and after initially declining, I have now decided to include icons. The main reason for this being, there are not any decent recoloured Gen VI icons available out there. I initially wanted to learn how to expand the palette table so that the sprites could be included without recolouring. Chaos Rush first started recolouring new icons to those of the Gen III sprites, and seeing how successful they were has prompted me to do the same. I am including custom 2nd frames for their animations as well. Here are the icons that have currently been done. I will prioritise the icons of the sprites that have already been made, so as to give hacks good quality resources!

I have tested them all in G3HS, and I think they look pretty sick.

Chespin

Quilladin

Chesnaught

Froakie

Frogadier

Greninja

Swirlix
Yeeeeah, that occured to me. xD Glad you like it though, I thought it'd be a bit iffy since I'm personally pretty used to spriting in a 3rd Gen-kind of style (e.g.: less black outlines, different shading style...) ^.^

Edit: I dun did Scatterbug. :3

Edit x 2: And Flabebe. Only problem with Flababe is the palette is already at 16 colours and since it's body and the leaves share the same colour, when doing the shiny it's going to make the leaves a blue-colour. :x

(Also worth noting this is mostly a re-sizing of the official artwork and fixing of pixels job. It still took me aaages though. xD)

Edit x3: Finished Flabebe and it inserts correctly using the Advanced Sprite Editor. Only slight issue is that I had to change the cheek colour for each different flower variation, but eh, it works.

Old June 22nd, 2014 (10:29 PM).
MrDollSteak

Quote originally posted by Superjub:
Yeeeeah, that occured to me. xD Glad you like it though, I thought it'd be a bit iffy since I'm personally pretty used to spriting in a 3rd Gen-kind of style (e.g.: less black outlines, different shading style...) ^.^

Edit: I dun did Scatterbug. :3

Edit x 2: And Flabebe. Only problem with Flababe is the palette is already at 16 colours and since it's body and the leaves share the same colour, when doing the shiny it's going to make the leaves a blue-colour. :x

(Also worth noting this is mostly a re-sizing of the official artwork and fixing of pixels job. It still took me aaages though. xD)

Edit x3: Finished Flabebe and it inserts correctly using the Advanced Sprite Editor. Only slight issue is that I had to change the cheek colour for each different flower variation, but eh, it works.

Don't think I'll be accepting these sorry.

New batch of icons!

Litleo

Skiddo

Gogoat

Pangoro

Furfrou

Espurr

Spritzee

Aromatisse

Slurpuff

Amaura

Bergmite
Old June 23rd, 2014 (03:27 PM). Edited June 23rd, 2014 by quil09.
quil09

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to quil09
I'm just asking, will FURFROU have different hairstyles

Alpha 1 Available
Hack(s) I Support:

Old June 24th, 2014 (02:38 AM).
Shinoya

Quote originally posted by quil09:
See:

Quote originally posted by MrDollSteak:
So it's to assume that there won't be, yet. Besides it's not priority, when there are loads of sprite left to do
Old June 24th, 2014 (02:46 PM).
OYMYO

heavenly, been playing with lil animated pixel gifs myself, need to get on this level
Old June 27th, 2014 (04:07 AM). Edited July 2nd, 2014 by MrDollSteak.
MrDollSteak

Quote originally posted by quil09:
As Shinoya pointed out

I've redone the colours and positioning on Aromatisse and Heliolisk slightly

Also here's Arceus-Fairy, credits to Chaos for the sprites, I just did the new palettes.

And finally some more icons, up to all the 40 sprites I've done the front and backs for!

Inkay

Malamar

Skrelp

Sylveon

Goomy

Sliggoo

Goodra

Phantump

Trevenant

Pumpkaboo

Gourgeist
Old June 30th, 2014 (01:03 AM).
Seth1353

Nature: Jolly
Here is a mega diancie sprite, This was my friends sprite and I just edited it. I know you probably wont accept this but Ill put it here anyway
Attached Images
File Type: png Mega Diancie.png‎ (1.2 KB, 331 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Sponsored Links