Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: Too much Mega Evolutions will impact the metagame negatively.
Yes 12 33.33%
No 12 33.33%
Yes, but it's not a real cause for concern. 12 33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 19th, 2014 (04:16 PM).
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
I didn't see a QQT in the pokemon general section and didn't want to make a new thread just for one question, is there any pokemon that is shiny but also Red, White and Blue? Or maybe any thing that could be relatable to the 4th of July?
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old June 19th, 2014 (04:53 PM).
Yato
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Yato
Quote originally posted by ~RNC~:
I didn't see a QQT in the pokemon general section and didn't want to make a new thread just for one question, is there any pokemon that is shiny but also Red, White and Blue? Or maybe any thing that could be relatable to the 4th of July?
Some notable shinies with red/white/blue (or similar colors) I can think of include Slowking (it's more pink than red + has some tan), the Togepi line (with some tan on Togepi; also, Togetic/Togekiss are more white in their normal color palettes), the entire Ralts line, Zangoose, and Victini (its ears are more orange than red, though). The best relatable Pokemon I can think of are Rufflet and Braviary, as eagles are seen as patriotic symbols. (Braviary's normal and shiny color palettes also have red/white/blue on them, among other colors.)

Hope this helps somewhat o/
3ds fcfriend safarispc
a man for flowers
Old June 19th, 2014 (04:54 PM).
Pepperton

Send a message via Skype™ to Pepperton
Quote originally posted by ~RNC~:

That's the only one I could think of. :c
But I just want you to be sure
That I am yours
Old June 19th, 2014 (05:02 PM).
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Yato:
Some notable shinies with red/white/blue (or similar colors) I can think of include Slowking (it's more pink than red + has some tan), the Togepi line (with some tan on Togepi; also, Togetic/Togekiss are more white in their normal color palettes), the entire Ralts line, Zangoose, and Victini (its ears are more orange than red, though). The best relatable Pokemon I can think of are Rufflet and Braviary, as eagles are seen as patriotic symbols. (Braviary's normal and shiny color palettes also have red/white/blue on them, among other colors.)

Hope this helps somewhat o/
Quote originally posted by Pepperton:

That's the only one I could think of. :c
Thanks to the both of you and I like all of those now only to pick just one lol.
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old June 21st, 2014 (04:17 PM).
teckm

Hello!! I have few questions

How do I get my pokemon from Pokemon Red for Gameboy to my Pokemon Y on my 2DS ?

What games and hardware are required?

What is the procedure step by step?
Old June 21st, 2014 (05:04 PM). Edited June 21st, 2014 by Setzer Gabbiani.
Setzer Gabbiani
Gambler

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Setzer Gabbiani
Are there any losable battles in Pokemon Emerald? Like, how you can lose to your rival in FR/LG, are there any similar to that in R/S/E's coding?
Old June 21st, 2014 (08:14 PM).
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by teckm:
Hello!! I have few questions

How do I get my pokemon from Pokemon Red for Gameboy to my Pokemon Y on my 2DS ?

What games and hardware are required?

What is the procedure step by step?
There's no legit way to transfer a pokémon all the way from the first gen games to the sixth gen ones, because you can't transfer between second and third gens. The oldest pokémon you can transfer are from the third gen games (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen). To do this:

1. Transfer your pokémon from third gen to fourth gen using Pal Park in Diamond, Pearl, Platinum (surf south from Sandgem to get there), HeartGold, or SoulSilver (Fuchsia City). This requires a DS that has a GBA slot, and I think you can only transfer six at a time.

2. Transfer from fourth gen to fifth gen using the Poké Transfer Lab on Route 15 of Black, White, Black 2, or White 2. This requires two DSes, and I think you can only transfer six at a time.

3. Transfer from fifth gen to Pokémon Bank on the 3DS. This requires the Pokémon Transporter software (comes with Pokémon Bank) you can find on the 3DS eShop. I've read that it transfers all pokémon in Box 1 of the fifth gen game you're using. You only need a 3DS for this part.

4. You can move pokémon between X/Y and Pokémon Bank. I think this is done on the menu screen of X/Y, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Quote originally posted by Setzer Gabbiani:
Are there any losable battles in Pokemon Emerald? Like, how you can lose to your rival in FR/LG, are there any similar to that in R/S/E's coding?
You mean a battle you can lose and still continue on with the story? Hmm, not that I can remember.

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old June 21st, 2014 (09:32 PM).
takaaaa

Hello,
So I just downloaded Pokedex 3D pro on my 3DS but I dont know how to import photos or export photos of pokemon. I know you can add pokemon to a photo and save it to your SD and put it on your computer, but I cant figure out how.

Please help.
Old June 23rd, 2014 (04:17 PM).
kamolahy

Okay, this is going to blow your minds.

I've never played Pokemon before, but I decided to try it. I'm not sure I get some things about the game. I'm going to ask some basic questions about how people approach these games in an effort to understand it better... pardon the noobery.

Do people try to catch them all? Do you level every Pokemon up? That seems like it might take forever. If not, how do you make a good team if you don't even know what Pokemon are out there? (I know I can look stuff up online, I just try not to as much as possible).

What's with unlearning skills and learning new ones? How do I pick? I feel like so far I've just always taken the new one because the game doesn't really tell me what it does and I'm curious... they force me to decide on the spot.

Is there stuff you do after the main game?
Old June 23rd, 2014 (08:49 PM).
Phosphora
touhou 14.5 hype tho
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Phosphora
Quote originally posted by kamolahy:
Okay, this is going to blow your minds.

I've never played Pokemon before, but I decided to try it. I'm not sure I get some things about the game. I'm going to ask some basic questions about how people approach these games in an effort to understand it better... pardon the noobery.

Do people try to catch them all? Do you level every Pokemon up? That seems like it might take forever. If not, how do you make a good team if you don't even know what Pokemon are out there? (I know I can look stuff up online, I just try not to as much as possible).

What's with unlearning skills and learning new ones? How do I pick? I feel like so far I've just always taken the new one because the game doesn't really tell me what it does and I'm curious... they force me to decide on the spot.

Is there stuff you do after the main game?
Well, while leveling your Pokemon levels up is compulsory so that you never lose a battle, you don't have to catch em' all. You still can, it's just not a must. Really, Pokemon is a game that allows a great amount of flexibility; it's not sandbox freedom, but freedom in a few choices in teams and such. You can pretty much find your own way to play! It all comes down to 2 things though: training your Pokemon and becoming champ. I personally feel exploration does a good job at finding out what Pokemon can be found, though sites like Serebii and Bulbapedia do a good job, too. (not only for Pokemon locations, too!)

Skills come in the form of TMs (Technical Machines) and HMs (Hidden Machines). TMs and HMs are numbered and cover a vast array of moves e.g. TM46 is a Dark type move and is Thief. The differences between TMs and HMs is that there are less HMs than there are TMs, and that while TMs can be replaced for other moves and/or TMs, HMs cannot. You pick according to both your Pokemon's own moveset and your individual tastes. d:

There's a bunch of stuff to do after the games! Extra battles, legendary Pokemon to catch, new areas and more.
Old June 25th, 2014 (10:57 AM).
Bulbmandle

Hey guys I am trying to fulfill my quest of catching them all, but I do not know how to begin. I want to start off slow and just do Gens 1 2 and 3, then once I finish that get the next 3 games. I already have ruby red but my question is which gen 1 game should I get (Fire Red or Leaf Green) and which gen 2 should I get (HG or SS)? Thanks for the help!
Old June 25th, 2014 (10:49 PM).
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

Quote originally posted by Bulbmandle:
Hey guys I am trying to fulfill my quest of catching them all, but I do not know how to begin. I want to start off slow and just do Gens 1 2 and 3, then once I finish that get the next 3 games. I already have ruby red but my question is which gen 1 game should I get (Fire Red or Leaf Green) and which gen 2 should I get (HG or SS)? Thanks for the help!
Each has its own version-exclusives; if you care about them and want to get a hold of certain Pokémon, then you should select your game accordingly (consider looking up on a website like Serebii to gather more info on them). Aside from that, they're all pretty much same in terms of graphics, gameplay, and story-line. If you're not worrying about these kind of things too much, then you could get any version you like. Personally, I got FireRed and SoulSilver. I did get a hold of other two later on, but these are the first that I wound up buying. If you're still unsure about this, then... well, just flip a coin, haha.
Old June 26th, 2014 (01:49 AM).
EeveeArmy

Is there a cheat/hack that gives you the gym badges without actually battling the leaders? I recently purchased Black 2 on Ebay and the previous owner had beat the E4 yet when I was going through the game to grab the legendries I realized that the last 2 gym leaders hadn't been fought...when looking at when the gym badges were obtained, the last 2 say 0/0/2000

My TSVs ~ X 0289 ~ Y 1311 ~ AS 2943 ~ OR 1986
My Oldest Son's TSVs ~ X 2720 ~ Y 0239 ~ AS 2996 ~ OR 1496
My Youngest Son's TSVs ~ X 3349 ~ Y 0293 ~ AS 0182 ~ OR 3577

Current Shiny Eevee Army
Old June 26th, 2014 (02:08 AM).
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

Quote originally posted by EeveeArmy:
Is there a cheat/hack that gives you the gym badges without actually battling the leaders? I recently purchased Black 2 on Ebay and the previous owner had beat the E4 yet when I was going through the game to grab the legendries I realized that the last 2 gym leaders hadn't been fought...when looking at when the gym badges were obtained, the last 2 say 0/0/2000
Cheats for these kind of things are available for other Pokémon games, so I'm sure same could be said for fifth generation ones; the person who you've bought it from must have used an Action Replay to get through those Elite Four, sadly.
Old June 27th, 2014 (08:20 PM).
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Quote originally posted by takaaaa:
Hello,
So I just downloaded Pokedex 3D pro on my 3DS but I dont know how to import photos or export photos of pokemon. I know you can add pokemon to a photo and save it to your SD and put it on your computer, but I cant figure out how.

Please help.
You'll need to find AR markers for the pokémon you want to snap a photo of. You can find them here. Just print them out (or you can even scan it through your monitor) and when you aim your camera on it, the pokémon should appear and you can take a picture. The link should have some instructions on doing this.

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old July 2nd, 2014 (06:30 PM).
galacticpeanut

I recently bought a cartridge of FR on eBay. (>o<) Of course, knowing that there are many fakes out there, I did my research. I was pretty confident that it was a legit copy. I received it today and compared it to my copy of LG.
The LG cartridge is 100% REAL since I bought at the store when it came out.

I took some picture that you can see down below~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Any ideas if the FireRed cartridge could be fake?
Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _MG_1737.JPG‎ (314.7 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg _MG_1733.JPG‎ (647.4 KB, 7 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old July 2nd, 2014 (07:13 PM).
Alli
kong

So far, you're looking good. I can't tell from the picture if that label is shiny though. If it is, I'd say you're in the clear. You can also check this post to find out more information.
paired to diddy

Old July 5th, 2014 (10:23 AM).
PokéPlayer

I see an wild pokémon in pokémon tower and i can't attack her, i said wow and trow a ball but don't it don't work. It say "Go... Go..." and i run. After that i run away from the tower.

What was that??
Old July 5th, 2014 (10:32 AM).
Jacrad

Uh...
You can find out in one of two ways. The first is to get the Silph Scope from Silph Co. in Saffron City which should be under the attack of Team Rocket. Or you can read the spoiler tag below.
Spoiler:

That would be the ghost Marowak. Team Rocket killed her while she was protecting her child.
You can sequence break the game by using a PokeDoll on her.
Old July 5th, 2014 (11:18 AM).
PokéPlayer

What is pokédoll? Where whe can get her?
Old July 7th, 2014 (01:15 AM).
Sven
Pure Power

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by PokéPlayer:
What is pokédoll? Where whe can get her?
Go to Saffron city and get the Silph Scope, ignore the PokeDoll.

"The future you see is the future you get."
Old July 7th, 2014 (07:25 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote originally posted by cyanosis:
Uh...
You can find out in one of two ways. The first is to get the Silph Scope from Silph Co. in Saffron City which should be under the attack of Team Rocket. Or you can read the spoiler tag below.
Spoiler:

That would be the ghost Marowak. Team Rocket killed her while she was protecting her child.
You can sequence break the game by using a PokeDoll on her.
You mean the Rocket Hideout in the Celadon Game Corner. That's the place to go to get the Silph Scope, but you have to beat the rocket boss, Giovanni, to get it. The prize for taking down Team Rocket at Silph Co. in Saffron City is a Master Ball from the president of Silph Co.
Old July 7th, 2014 (09:19 PM).
Jacrad

Quote originally posted by donavannj:
You mean the Rocket Hideout in the Celadon Game Corner. That's the place to go to get the Silph Scope, but you have to beat the rocket boss, Giovanni, to get it. The prize for taking down Team Rocket at Silph Co. in Saffron City is a Master Ball from the president of Silph Co.
Ah yes! You're right.
I guess I thought Silph Co. because of 'Silph' Scope xD.
Old July 13th, 2014 (11:45 AM).
.Missingno
Viridian City Gym Leader

Nature: Relaxed
Okay guys so I have been debating for a while, Having not purchased a 3DS (sticking to playing Rom Hacks lately) Do you think that I should get one so I will be able to play Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire as well as Pokemon X & Y? Thoughts please!

This is my Volt White 2 Team Ill Update after each Badge!
Old July 13th, 2014 (11:50 AM).
Polygon-Z

Nature: Modest
It depends on if you want to or not. Generally, the 3DS is getting pretty cheap, so in US dollars, you can easily pick one up for, say, 130 dollars. I'd say yes, but then again, it's up to you.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links