Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old May 30th, 2014, 12:24 AM
E.C.

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
Hi.
Over the years I've spent most of my ROM hacking time inserting tiles and creating ROM bases were one of the main things I enjoyed doing. So here are all of the ones I've made in my time as a ROM hacker. (Note these are all for firered)

AlternativeFRBase: It's basically custom tiles that match the firered style while still giving a custom feel to it.
Map examples: Map1 Map2
Credits:
Spoiler:
Alistair
War8
Zein
Wesley FG
Trevor

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldjhp9y2p3...omplete%29.ips

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ProjectUnamed: My oldest ROM base and the worst one (In my opinion). It's named unamed because I have no originality when it comes to naming things (plus the suggestions I got from others were terrible so..)
Map example:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:
Dante
Kyledove
WesleyFG
Pey!
Xiros
Zein
Femok

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mnuuzs3fm...(Complete).ips

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Project Unamed v2: So about a year and a half of doing nothing I decided to upgrade my old ROM base to some better graphics and well here it is.
Map example: Map
Credits:
Spoiler:
Dante
Seiyouh
Pey!
Shawn Frost
Zein
Zeo

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/swxwt362iq...dROMBaseV2.ips

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spring ROM Base: It's supposed to be one of three ROM bases relating to the seasons, but I never completed the autumn and winter ones.
Credits:
Spoiler:
Kymotonian
Dante
Erma96
Javs
Rhevarhe_duh
Zelix
TB pro
Seiyouh
FM
Zein
Red Ex
Hek El Grande
Ray Maverick and a few more that I can't remember but add to the list soon.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cayy30u7nk...omplete%29.ips

Unfinished stuff
Everything else that I never got around to finishing I'll place here. Right now I'm trying to get more focused on working and getting back to college so I probably won't get to completing these until I have more time. I'll still place the download link if you guys still want to use it and insert everything that is missing.

Unfinished stuff 1: Winter and autumn base
Map examples: Autumn Winter
Credits:
Spoiler:
Red-Ex
Seiyouh
Zein
Wesley FG
Javs
Steven
Erma96
Kyledove
Newtiteuf

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvik6j2up6...nfinished1.ips

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfinished stuff 2: sgasgsfgsdfg
Credits:
Spoiler:
Gigatom
Kyledove
Alistair
CNC
Wesly FG
Newtiteuf
Rata

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7d03u9vpz...nfinished2.ips

If you encounter any glitches in game it will most likely be the behavior bytes since I didn't change them. If you use these for your hack make sure to credit the people listed for the ROM base you use plus myself for spending all this time inserting them for you to use. Anyways that's all I have to offer, I hope you enjoy. :)

Last edited by E.C.; May 31st, 2014 at 12:14 AM.
Old May 30th, 2014, 03:34 AM
Magic

Oh wow Love the v2 ROM Base as well as the Autumn/Winter ones. Thanks for making! :o
Old May 30th, 2014, 06:49 AM
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Nature: Brave
I agree with Magic. The v2 base does in fact look pretty.
You can't never have enough good rom bases
You, the unwashed masses: We, Team Rocket...ARE HERE! You better believe in the Shield of Injustice! Follow the Buzzard...

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:58 AM
CosmicBlazer
Batman

The v2 Project Unamed download is the v1 download. Thought I let you know. I download it as well to make sure and it's the same
Pokemon Cosmic: A New Threat

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.[/sig-reason]
Old May 30th, 2014, 11:45 AM
E.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicBlazer View Post
The v2 Project Unamed download is the v1 download. Thought I let you know. I download it as well to make sure and it's the same
Thank you for pointing that out. I've updated the first post with the correct link.
Old May 30th, 2014, 08:10 PM
CrashmanX
Mechamon

Nature: Relaxed
OK I'm gonna be incredibly newbie to ROM hacking here but, with these ROM bases do they contain entirely new maps or just a handful of them?
And have they been used for any other ROM hacks or are they completely unused concepts?

Credit to DragonSoul for the signature
Old May 30th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
Very nice! I really like the v2 map. The winter & autumn based maps look great also.
Nice work~ :)
Old May 30th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Near~
The End is Near...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Near~
Amazing Rom bases. They're all perfect and the maps too
Great job mate!
This signature has been disabled.
Inappropriate content.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 30th, 2014, 11:47 PM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashmanX View Post
OK I'm gonna be incredibly newbie to ROM hacking here but, with these ROM bases do they contain entirely new maps or just a handful of them?
And have they been used for any other ROM hacks or are they completely unused concepts?
Typically, they'll just have one map for display purposes, which should be changed.

ROM bases are all in the public domain, anyone can use them if the author puts them up like this, so you might see them used for other hacks. There's no promise you'll be the only one using a ROM base.
Old May 31st, 2014, 12:11 AM
CrashmanX
Mechamon

Ah. I appreciate the response, I was really hoping they'd have more than one map since they're considered a ROM base. I figured it'd be a basis for a ROM hack or such. Oh well. I like the maps that are shown, I was quite interested in a whole world of such design.

Guess it's back to the drawing board I go!

Old May 31st, 2014, 12:13 AM
Magic

Quote:
Ah. I appreciate the response, I was really hoping they'd have more than one map since they're considered a ROM base. I figured it'd be a basis for a ROM hack or such. Oh well. I like the maps that are shown, I was quite interested in a whole world of such design.

Guess it's back to the drawing board I go!
ROM bases are for the tiles, rather than the maps since finding/inserting matching tiles can be a bit of a pain it's to help people out and give them a starting point.
Old May 31st, 2014, 12:13 AM
E.C.

Quote:
It's not about the maps in the ROM base, it's about all the tiles that were inserted into it. What magic said up above is correct, these ROM bases are basically tiles put together into a ROM for anyone to use right away. They are public for anyone to use and the maps are only to demonstrate how the tiles look/are used. Although the maps are in the ROM base, they haven't been used in any other hack. If you want you can use the maps that are in there already but I would suggest making your own.

anyways thanks for the comments guys, I've now added the links for the last 2 ROM bases that were missing before. hope you guys enjoy.
Old May 31st, 2014, 12:45 AM
CrashmanX
Mechamon

OH! Wow I feel extra dumb now. OK, well I might the Fire Red custom set as I quite like the look of those tiles.

Old May 31st, 2014, 03:42 PM
FaeBladez

So I cant seem to find the Winter tiles lol
Old May 31st, 2014, 03:49 PM
E.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeBladez View Post
So I cant seem to find the Winter tiles lol
It's in Cerulean city's tileset.
Old May 31st, 2014, 04:24 PM
FaeBladez

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.C. View Post
It's in Cerulean city's tileset.
Ah, derp lol I shouldve looked through the maps. Anyways thanks and good inserting work
Old May 31st, 2014, 05:27 PM
XDamaru
Winter Knight

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to XDamaru
The v2 unnamed rom base is very cool! I love the water tiles and the tree. Nice E.C.

I halted my Hack Project for about 6 Months. I wish I could revive it back

Still a XERNEAS fan, and also a LEGENDARY Pokemon Collector.
My safari friends are over 90000 96, I could not add anyone right now.... Sorry

Old May 31st, 2014, 10:15 PM
nasonex
is trying to learn how to hack

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to nasonex Send a message via Yahoo to nasonex
Can I patch all of the rom base in the same Rom?
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeding signature height limit
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 31st, 2014, 10:55 PM
E.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasonex View Post
Can I patch all of the rom base in the same Rom?
If you mean using all the patches on a single ROM, then I don't think you can do that. lol
If you want the tiles from the other patches on a single ROM, then you can do that. There is an option to import/export PAL files/tilesets and you can import the tiles to a secondary tileset, not the main.
Old June 14th, 2014, 02:04 AM
LykO

are very stylish, good job!

Old June 29th, 2014, 09:22 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

Thanks man for the number of rom bases. I won't be using your rom base for my hack but I will use it for my test rom until my new rom with the tiles my team put in is ready.
Thanks for the mean roms they all look great.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here