• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: G3T - Gen 3 Tools

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 20, 2022
I am busy right now editing all my moves to bring them up to Generation 6 mechanics as per this page:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_modified_moves
In the changes of priority there is everything from +4 to -7. In your move editor the priorities go from +1 to +29. Does that mean it is still relatively unknown what these priority numbers mean?
Thankyou for a great set of tools by the way :)

Years
Is there any way in which we could give someone (i.e a rival) a shiny Pokémon?
Not using my tools. That can be done only via ASM.

I am busy right now editing all my moves to bring them up to Generation 6 mechanics as per this page:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_modified_moves
In the changes of priority there is everything from +4 to -7. In your move editor the priorities go from +1 to +29. Does that mean it is still relatively unknown what these priority numbers mean?
Thankyou for a great set of tools by the way :)
You can have priority between -127 and +127.
Explanations:
Priority = 1 means +1, Priority = 2 means +2, [...], priority = 127 which means +127.
Priority = 255 means -1, Priority = 254 means -2, [...], priority = 128 which means -127.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 20, 2022
Not using my tools. That can be done only via ASM.

You can have priority between -127 and +127.
Explanations:
Priority = 1 means +1, Priority = 2 means +2, [...], priority = 127 which means +127.
Priority = 255 means -1, Priority = 254 means -2, [...], priority = 128 which means -127.

Oh I don't know where I got the number 29 from :/ haha.
But thank you for the reply and the explanation :) that is very easy to remember actually, makes sense.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Awesome job! I tested out the new version and its working absolutely fine, but I'd like to recommend a feature.

Is it possible for you to add a PokéDex Editor. Because that's literally the only thing I need right now.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Awesome job! I tested out the new version and its working absolutely fine, but I'd like to recommend a feature.

Is it possible for you to add a PokéDex Editor. Because that's literally the only thing I need right now.

I agree that this would be nice, but maybe G3RHS already supports it. If not this would be a great feature, for both this and G3RHS!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I agree that this would be nice, but maybe G3RHS already supports it. If not this would be a great feature, for both this and G3RHS!
Thing is, for some reason my ROM won't load on G3HS, because I've edited it a lot and I've lost the ini data. And on the other hand this tool works somehow haha, so I have no way to edit the PokéDex data.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
This data is old but it should help with making a Pokedex editor.

Spoiler:

Years
Thank you Gamer2020 once again.
I'll see if I can make one a Dex Editor, personnally, I need one myself! ^^
Btw, I want you guys to know that, in the next version, Trainers Editor will include a very handy addition: If a Trainer does not have custom moves the tool will display what moves their Pokémon learn at the specified level. :D

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 20, 2022
Hey dude I hope it is ok to make a suggestion for your awesome set of tools. It's great having all our generation 3 hacking tools rolled up into only a few programs these days. But I find there are still many of yesterday's tools cluttering up my workspace. There are so many silly little tools that do so many silly little things it would be nice having them all in one place. Even though most of them are simple hex edits I think it would be cool to have a selection of tweaks. I'm talking about running shoes indoors, starter Pokémon level, rival Pokémon level, starting money, starting pc item, the level that eggs hatch at, the Pokémon that chases Birch and it's level. There are many more of these simple little tweaks scattered around all over the place.

Dragonflye

Author of Pokémon Sovereign of the Skies
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Thank you Gamer2020 once again.
I'll see if I can make one a Dex Editor, personnally, I need one myself! ^^
Btw, I want you guys to know that, in the next version, Trainers Editor will include a very handy addition: If a Trainer does not have custom moves the tool will display what moves their Pokémon learn at the specified level. :D

I have request on you. :P

Please can you check the displaying of Sprites. Because I can't work with disabled Trainer Sprites. And if I activate the "Sprite showing" than freeze the Tool again.

Thanks. ;)

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Hiya~
Just downloaded the version 2.7 and I'm experiencing a problem with Anti-Exploud.
The only pre-made capitalization list that works for me is the very first one - Abilities. Whenever I load up any of the other lists and apply them to the ROM, the progress bar freezes at 0%, but the 'processing....' bar at the top of the window keeps running.

It's all good on my part because I downloaded version 2.5 again and everything works like normal. Not sure if that was just on my ROM's part, but just wanted to point it out in case you might want to look into it~

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I'm sorry if this is similar to old posts i just wanted to thank you because your tool single-handedly helped me make my hack

Also i wanted to ask about the physical special part in the move editor. SO from what i understand i have to apply Doesn't -'s patch then specify the moves as physical or special and they'll work? Please confirm this ._.

ps.Still using G3T 2.5 now all the comments about problems in newer versions scared me off :v

Years
I'm sorry if this is similar to old posts i just wanted to thank you because your tool single-handedly helped me make my hack

Also i wanted to ask about the physical special part in the move editor. SO from what i understand i have to apply Doesn't -'s patch then specify the moves as physical or special and they'll work? Please confirm this ._.

ps.Still using G3T 2.5 now all the comments about problems in newer versions scared me off :v

You're welcome, I'm glad G3T helped you.
Yes, in order to have Gen 4's Physical/Special Split working, you need to apply a patch such as Doesnt's AND you need to specify the moves as physical or special. The order does not matter.
Actually, v2.7 is safer than v2.5. BUT, use v2.5 when using Anti-Exploud.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Great. So my next hack is going to have the physical special split. YAY.

Back