The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old June 9th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Ah it's fine bro to be honest SAO DID have some kind of...dark parts...cough Alfheim cough

BUT still doesn't change how sadly, it turned into romance after very few episodes. And it turned into a HUGE ECCHI.(romance) ;_;

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

I am gone bye
Old June 9th, 2014, 12:02 PM
derozio
my ghost is whispering to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Signup
Username: derozio
Favorite anime(s): Gintama, FMAB, Nodame Cantabile, Kaiji, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

~ How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga?
- Everyday. There are days when I watch for hours on end. Remember watching 30ish episodes of One Piece in one day sometime. Then there are days when I watch at most 3-4 episodes. It really varies a lot. As for manga - once a week. Or whenever I feel like it, really.

~What's your favorite genre of Anime or Manga?
- I like everything as long it is well done. But since Gintama is my #1, I guess I should put "Comedy" over here? :p

~Who is your overall most favorite character in anime/manga?
- Tough one. But I think this one goes to Sakata Gintoki from Gintama. I have other characters who I like a lot - Kiryuin Satsuki from Kill la Kill, Spike from Bebop, Nodame from Nodame Cantabile, Johan from Monster, Shinobu from Honey and Clover. So many more. But no one will ever be as likeable or as amazing as Gintoki in my eyes. He's the perfect character - he's calm and badass when he should be and is a very loveable goof the rest of the times. He behaves like a stupid ass sometimes (obviously intentionally) but he's never really been stupid like most shounen heroes usually are. He's not afraid to show his friends the reality of a situation even if it might actually cause some pain to them - and that's because, in the end, letting them know the truth will prevent them from actual harm later on. He understands that and protects his friends. Honestly, there are so many things Sorachi did right with this character that I can seriously write paragraphs on him and not get tired of it. I love this guy, simply put.

As for SAO - well yeah. first few episodes were entertaining. i dislike alfheim. and the tentacle stuff at the end and the villain. ugh.
Old June 9th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I honestly find it weird that they didn't just keep going how they were in the first few episodes. I mean, a dark SAO is better than an Ecchi SAO. Plus I thought they really touched on the repercussions of death in the game quite well.

In that respect, Log Horizon and SAO are kind of opposites. Whereas SAO starts off with great potential and eventually devolves into... Alfheim, Log Horizon starts out kind of typical-ish and evolves into something much greater later on.
Old June 9th, 2014, 04:03 PM
derozio
my ghost is whispering to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
They had to adapt the source LN, though. And I believe it followed its LN perfectly. Any LN fans here to shed some light? :p

And yes, I do agree. I prefer Log Horizon quite a bit over SAO. It didn't have the strongest start but it managed to do well as a show if you stuck to it after the first 4 episode. World-building was strong.

But that aside, I just met another Gintama fan due to this thread (Isaac)! BANZAI! :DDD
Old June 10th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Ah it's fine bro to be honest SAO DID have some kind of...dark parts...cough Alfheim cough
Dark parts?
Where?
The only things I can think of are beater Kirito being edgy at the first level and Asuna rape scene in ALO...
No dark parts...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 11th, 2014, 01:04 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Username: LilJz
Favorite anime(s): Naruto, Digimon, Sword Art Online and Pokemon
Answer a topic: ~What's your favorite genre of Anime or Manga? Action, Mystery and Horror
Old June 12th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

Well, I guess it depends on how you look at dark. By my standards SAO wasn't really dark either, but I can see how the first few episodes could be regarded as dark, considering the feels with Kirito's guild's death. Also, the prospect of dying in a game dying for real could be seen as dark, because it's turning a simple game into something much more deadly. Afterwards though... yeah I find it difficult to see any dark parts.

Can't say I totally agree but I see where Isaac's coming from.
Old June 13th, 2014, 07:44 PM
darkarcues

Nature: Timid
Username: darkarcues (dark are cues, not related to Arceus lol)
Favorite Anime: Bleach, Cardcaptor Sakura, Naruto, Yu-gi-oh, Too many to mention lol

Answer a topic:

How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga? Anime = Everyday :3
Manga = Every week

Who is your overall most favorite character in anime/manga? The Anguished One (Al Saiduq) in Devil Survivor 2. I love his introduction; "I am the Anguised One. I ponder, I feel, I desire, Shining One who are you?" Not to mention that he sacrificed himself for the prontagonist.

I LIKE CEREAL

Old June 15th, 2014, 12:52 PM
O'aka XXIII
♥&☮
Community Supporter

A warm welcome to all of our members who I have not yet welcomed. Sorry for being so inefficient this past week or so.

A new topic:
What is your reading/watching style? Do you wait a while and then binge or do you read/watch as they come out?

With anime I am definitely a binger. I haven't watched Naruto in almost a year now. But with manga I have to read it as it comes out.
Old June 16th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Anime - ongoing style
Manga - once per month

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 18th, 2014, 10:05 AM
タイラー
Stress

Nature: Naive
Username: tyler1616
Favorite anime(s):Fairy Tail, Dragonball Z, Full Metal Alchemist
Answer a topic:

Who is your overall most favorite character in anime/manga?

Gajeel from Fairy Tail. I like his powers, and he just has a cool personality.
Fargona: The Land of the Dragons as Leon Saunders
The Demon Pact as Steven McEvens
Old June 20th, 2014, 07:56 PM
O'aka XXIII
♥&☮
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1616 View Post
Username: tyler1616
Favorite anime(s):Fairy Tail, Dragonball Z, Full Metal Alchemist
Answer a topic:

Who is your overall most favorite character in anime/manga?

Gajeel from Fairy Tail. I like his powers, and he just has a cool personality.
Welcome to the club friend.
Old June 20th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

What is your reading/watching style? Do you wait a while and then binge or do you read/watch as they come out?

I keep meaning to get around to reading manga but I never do. I'm so forgetful. ;__;

But with anime, I do prefer to watch anime that has already finished, but I don't mind following some series as they come out, like with NGNL and Black Bullet. Though it does get kind of annoying to have to wait a whole week and then try to remember where it left off because of my crappy memory.
Old July 7th, 2014, 09:46 PM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

Nature: Gentle
Username: TheAmazingSpiderMan
Favorite anime(s): Death Note,Dragonball Z, Shingeki No Kyojiin, Inazuma Eleven, Code Geass

How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga?

Well i do not read manga much. But i started reading manga months ago i really love it. And i always watch Anime. I am a Otaku actually a die hard fan of Anime. And i often watch it.
Old July 8th, 2014, 12:24 AM
RinYoga

Nature: Jolly
Username:RinYoga
Favorite anime(s):Baccano!, Durarara!!, Kuroko No Basket, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Magi and Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood.

-How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga?

I watch anime almost daily, depends if I'm in the mood or not. I don't read manga that often, I just follow a couple of series.

-What's your favorite genre of Anime or Manga?

I like animes with deep meaning and mind games and stuff. But I am a sucker for stupid and flashy fights, so I have to go with Shounen.

-Who is your overall most favorite character in anime/manga?

Most likely Killua from Hunter x Hunter for anime(It has a manga, but haven't read it). For manga its a tie between Jyu Viole Grace(From Tower of God) and Takehito "Gakuto" Morokuzu(From Kangoku Gakuen).

-What is your reading/watching style? Do you wait a while and then binge or do you read/watch as they come out?

I prefer waiting for a series to end and then watch it, but if I like something a lot I usually follow it every week and wait for a chapter/episode. But sometimes I forget about them so I got 2-3 new episodes/chapters a day, so that's a plus.

Old July 8th, 2014, 02:48 AM
Candela
Questionable Genders

Nature: Quirky
I haven't answered this topic yet? Wow.

Manga:
Back when manga sites were still up for me, I use to read them as they come out if they're ongoing, but now that they're blocked by my ISP, I normally wait it out a bit since the only manga site that I managed to find that isn't unblocked doesn't have a good update schedule.

So now it's either through tankobon releases (which will take a very long time to reach the last point I was on) or opening that irregular-schedule manga site.

Anime:
It depends. If it's already completed, I normally marathon it. If it's still airing, I watch them weekly.

Cheer for me~
Old July 9th, 2014, 03:46 AM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
Signup:
Username: «Chuckles»
Favorite anime(s): Dragon Ball, Akira, JoJo, Mobile Suit Gundam
Favorite manga(s): Fist of the North Star, Dragon Ball, Akira, JoJo, Dragon Quest Dai no something or other
Answer a topic:
~How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga?
I watch Anime twice a week, I hoard everything up and watch in one go twice a week or once depending on how much I've got.
I read Manga daily, I read either that or right now im into the Transformers IDW comics so im getting my hands on them
~What's your favorite genre of Anime or Manga? Anime is Slice of Life, Sports, Seinen, Mecha
manga is Shounen (a lot of good shounens never make it into Anime and it seems from my perspective most new shounen suck), Seinen, Mecha
Son Goku or Char Aznable
~What is your reading/watching style? Do you wait a while and then binge or do you read/watch as they come out?
Watch as they come out. You can never understand a characters death if you binge watch it. You think about these characters every week they grow on you mentally and when they die its all gone, you have to deal with it for a week with everything so shocking. Manga however a death is over time, a death can happen over 5 or so chapters and it gives you time to think about it and wonder what will happen because "he's gonna survive I know" "she won't be leaving I know" but then bamm!

PairFriend Code
Old July 28th, 2014, 03:52 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

A though one but i was eager to write this. My favorite one is properbly Naruto these days. The reason is he never give up no matter what. I love his personality his will to fight ! His incredible chakra and his stamina. I love that guy since my childhood. He is my idol anime character these days after Son Goku. BELIEVE IT !
Old August 6th, 2014, 06:39 AM
J2a1m1i2e
Moon Princess In Training

Nature: Modest
Username: J2a1m1i2e
Favorite anime(s): Soul Eater, Ouran High School Host Club, Free! Iwatobi Swim Club, Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi, Log Horizon and Agame Ga Kill
Answer a topic ALL THE TOPICS:

~ How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga?
I normally binge on anime, I'll be bored one evening and I'll just think 'Maybe I'll watch an episode of [insert anime name here]?' and one episode becomes two, then three, then on and on xP Unfortunately, I don't read manga that often, though I'm thinking of opening up my Crunchyroll Manga app and pick something random... (Also, my tablet has no Flash Player, so I have to use the Crunchyroll app, which has less anime available than the main website.)

Hmm, probably Adventure/Action or Yaoi. I'm thinking of getting into the magical girl genre, what with me being a Moon Princess In Training and all xP

Currently, it has to be tie between three, as I'm very indecisive ;P, Akame and Butal from Agame Ga Kill and Makoto from Free! <3

~What is your reading/watching style? Do you wait a while and then binge or do you read/watch as they come out?
I usually wait and binge, but not on purpose. I'll often forget about when a new episode/chapter will come out, so hen I look again, there may be a handful of episodes/chapters for me to binge on, or if it is an anime that I binge on for to long, I'll have to take a break as I begin to lose interest, and then I eventually come back again and binge some more (Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi and Log Horizon some prime examples of this...). In fact, the only time I've sat down and binged through a whole series was with OHSHO...
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 07:03 PM
Paskalso

Username: Paskalso
Favorite Anime's: Log Horizon, Angel Beats, Another
Favorite manga of all time: Cage of Eden
Current topic answer:
What is your reading/watching style? Do you wait a while and then binge or do you read/watch as they come out? With both manga and anime, I read them as they come out, and in my free time in between updates, I try new anime/manga's or start reading and watching finished ones
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 07:02 PM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Nature: Brave
I'm sure you can tell from my theme... Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist and Grell Sutcliffe from Kuro****suji.

I like Roy becaue... well, FIRE! x3 and I like how snarky he gets, and the fact that he's always willing to protect the ones he loves no matter what. x3
Why do I like Grell? The heck if I know.

Tausch Mit Mir?: 2208-5032-7062
Proud Member of Chaos Control & Equivalent Exchange!
Outlinks:
Twitter (Main) || deviantART || Tumblr || Youtube
Twitter (RP acct 1) || Twitter (RP acct 2)

Old 3 Weeks Ago, 06:17 AM
AeHrYo
Once Upon A Dream

Nature: Quiet
Username: West
Favorite anime(s): Highschool DxD, Infinite Stratos, Black Bullet, No Game No Life, Date A Live and Bakuman..
Answer a topic:

Hmm, Action, Supernatural, Harem and Ecchi maybe...

Sponsored Links

Advertise here