Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 2nd, 2014 (08:10 AM).
Orpheus
[Insert pun that nobody gets]

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by BakingBluePotatoe:
Have you considered buying it?

And I think I before the first anime. Dunno why. Except, what bugs me about the 03 anime is the ending... just... why did it have to have that AU thing?
I don't want to own one volume and none of the others. Besides I have no way of buying it. (No money, no method of paying online, and none of the stores around here carry it.)

Theme

CSS by Sheep

Old May 3rd, 2014 (06:39 PM).
isthatyoudan
doesn't work well with others...

Nature: Quirky
You people should have seen me while is was watching the anime. I was expecting it to be similar than the manga for more of it. There were many Chris Griffen-esque "WHUUUUUUUUUT?" moments during my watching... specifically (other than the ending)
- Tucker's disturbing upside-down head chimera.
- the fact that homunculi were the dead people so sloth was their mom.
- when Hughes says that he wasn't in Ishbal
- the list goes on...
Old May 4th, 2014 (09:32 AM).
Antemortem
dude we're fantastic

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Speaking of owning parts, I bought parts one and two of a six part set of FMA: B and then was given part one of two of the entire set, Blu-ray... and decided to resell the Blu-ray version since I needed money, but now I'm missing the last four parts of the anime, argh.
Old May 11th, 2014 (11:35 AM).
isthatyoudan

May I say, I am so happy right now. I am currently watching FMAB for the first time, and Ling, one of my favourite characters, is voiced by one of my favourite voice actors! Yay! This isn't an exact quote, but an approx. of a funny situation:
Random Villager: You're going to have to pay for all this damage you've caused!
Ed: It wasn't us! It was those guys! (points at Ling)
Ling: I sorry! I no speak good your country language! Okay-bye-bye! (runs away)

I'm Reading...
Just finished a volume of Soul Eater, volume 14. At this point, it has become very different compared to the anime, and I kind of like it. Some of the characters have gotten a lot more fleshed out (specifically the meister team of Ox, Kilik, and Kim), and things are happening quite differently. An exciting read.

I'm Playing...
The iPod music game, Cytus. While I may not know very many of the songs, I really like its music, and the gameplay is easy to pick up yet takes quite a while to master. A friend has seen me play it and he says I make it look easy, but I am still having a fun and challenging time. Definitely worth the price.
Old May 22nd, 2014 (07:49 AM).
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by isthatyoudan:
May I say, I am so happy right now. I am currently watching FMAB for the first time, and Ling, one of my favourite characters, is voiced by one of my favourite voice actors! Yay! This isn't an exact quote, but an approx. of a funny situation:
Random Villager: You're going to have to pay for all this damage you've caused!
Ed: It wasn't us! It was those guys! (points at Ling)
Ling: I sorry! I no speak good your country language! Okay-bye-bye! (runs away)
Pffffft, I remember that scene now that you mention it. x3

Ling in general is hilarious!

Tausch Mit Mir?: 2208-5032-7062
Proud Member of Chaos Control & Equivalent Exchange!
Outlinks:
Twitter (Main) || deviantART || Tumblr || Youtube
Twitter (RP acct 1) || Twitter (RP acct 2)

Old May 24th, 2014 (01:03 PM).
isthatyoudan

When greed went into Ling and he got the suave-y voice, it creeped me out for a while, but know i'm used to it and it makes him sound really neat. So cool and so refined.

Also on that, Greed and Ling were two of my favourites. When they meshed, I was so "TOGEHER FOREVER!" (fingers crossed while saying this).
Old May 26th, 2014 (01:30 AM).
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

When greed went into Ling and he got the suave-y voice, it creeped me out for a while, but know i'm used to it and it makes him sound really neat. So cool and so refined.
Ooooh, and then there was that one moment where
Spoiler:
Greed kills Bido, and Ling flips out on him for his "I don't remember the 'Old' Greed's life" comment, by saying something along the lines of "Your friends are a part of your soul"

Outlinks:

Old May 26th, 2014 (03:43 AM).
isthatyoudan

Oh my god yeah! That was such an emotional part of the story! I almost cried when there was that huge collage of everything he remembered and ended with a heartfelt "ahhhhh!" Then the next time we saw him, he confronted Bradley and became ours! (The good guys', I mean)
Old June 3rd, 2014 (06:16 PM).
Sheep
sheeple sheeple

Nature: Timid
I couldn't help but cry when
Spoiler:
Envy died even though it was totally expected. His little speech right before he gave in was unbearably sad... ;_; Though there's also the heart-wrenching scene when Ling and Greed were separated aka Greed died omgggg.

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 LV
Old June 3rd, 2014 (06:33 PM).
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Spoiler:
I hated Envy, felt like he was a little ♥♥♥♥♥ I would feel no mercy for squishing beneath my feet. Greed on the other hand, he lived.
#363 Spheal
Supporter Collab January 2015
mod of nothing
paired to Axeliira
Old June 4th, 2014 (03:58 PM).
isthatyoudan

What's everyone's thoughts on the envy gender crisis? The anime actor is a girl, and when I read the manga, there wasn't a single doubt in my mind that she wasn't a girl. I only got confused when Ed and Ling were calling envy "he" inside of Gluttony's stomach. At first I thought it was a typo. So, yeah.

I'm Reading...
Just finished a volume of Soul Eater, volume 14. At this point, it has become very different compared to the anime, and I kind of like it. Some of the characters have gotten a lot more fleshed out (specifically the meister team of Ox, Kilik, and Kim), and things are happening quite differently. An exciting read.

I'm Playing...
The iPod music game, Cytus. While I may not know very many of the songs, I really like its music, and the gameplay is easy to pick up yet takes quite a while to master. A friend has seen me play it and he says I make it look easy, but I am still having a fun and challenging time. Definitely worth the price.
Old July 1st, 2014 (11:21 AM).
Sheep
sheeple sheeple

I've never thought Envy looked like a girl, though I can see why some would assume so.

Greed was a great character and I miss him. :[

club 1 club 2 LV
Old July 3rd, 2014 (02:58 AM).
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Quote originally posted by Sheep:
I couldn't help but cry when
Spoiler:
Envy died even though it was totally expected. His little speech right before he gave in was unbearably sad... ;_; Though there's also the heart-wrenching scene when Ling and Greed were separated aka Greed died omgggg.
I just rewatched the second half of FMA:B the other day and ASKJDLKFGJLKDFJ >.< T_T Oh god that was sad.

Spoiler:
Of course, the way Greed helps take out Father even after getting reabsorbed is TOTALLY BADASS.

What's everyone's thoughts on the envy gender crisis? The anime actor is a girl, and when I read the manga, there wasn't a single doubt in my mind that she wasn't a girl. I only got confused when Ed and Ling were calling envy "he" inside of Gluttony's stomach. At first I thought it was a typo. :P So, yeah.
Envy is male. or you could just say the Homunculi are Genderless.

Outlinks:

Old July 4th, 2014 (05:25 AM).
Aisu

Nature: Adamant
Username: Aisu. Like Ice, but with U.
Favorite character(s): Ling Yao
What character do you have the most in common with? Hm... I guess I'm closest to Ed. I'm a genius, hehe, but my demeanor says otherwise. I would go to almost any lengths to protect my family and my friends, and I'm also a vindictive little bastard to whoever calls me short.
Old July 5th, 2014 (05:50 PM).
isthatyoudan

Envy is male. or you could just say the Homunculi are Genderless.
Hmm... good point. For example, it seems obvious that Lust would be female, but (talking manga/brotherhood here) she's a part of father/dwarfinflask's personality. It would be a bit odd that he would have a section of him that's female. So that could be a possibility of genderless-ness.

Spoiler:
And also, dwarfinflask is pretty much genderless as well. He only seems male because he has Hohenheim's body.

I'm Reading...

I'm Playing...
Old July 9th, 2014 (03:49 PM).
TwilightBlade
Protect his very soul.

I have to admit I thought Envy was female when I watched FMA 2003 as a kid. I guess I had never seen a guy with long hair before. Ughh, it's been since January since I've seen this, and I wouldn't mind watching/streaming. The fourth opening for Brotherhood in the get-together radio jams got me hooked again. It's such an amazing song.

Old July 10th, 2014 (02:24 AM).
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Quote originally posted by Lilith:
I have to admit I thought Envy was female when I watched FMA 2003 as a kid. I guess I had never seen a guy with long hair before.
By that logic, I assume you woulda thought Ed was also a girl than? XD
You gotta admit, he is kinda feminine sometimes.

Also, HI AISU! Welcome.

Outlinks:

Old July 11th, 2014 (01:46 PM).
isthatyoudan

Point about men with long hair... is it just me or are there a lot of those in FMA? Envy and Ed have been mentioned for general longness. Hohenheim, Kimblee, and Ling are all invited to the men's ponytail party. Then, on the other spectrum, there are short-haired females like maria ross and hawkeye. That's really neat.
Old July 12th, 2014 (10:00 PM).
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Point about men with long hair... is it just me or are there a lot of those in FMA? Envy and Ed have been mentioned for general longness. Hohenheim, Kimblee, and Ling are all invited to the men's ponytail party. Then, on the other spectrum, there are short-haired females like maria ross and hawkeye. That's really neat.
Riza and Maria are so manly /*shot*

---

I JUST REMEMBERED A COOL THING. Ever hear of Area 11? Apparently they occasionally put out original songs based on animes and whatnot. Guess what they did! LISTEN TO THIS!

Outlinks:

Old July 24th, 2014 (11:23 AM).
isthatyoudan

This was my reaction to that video:
Spoiler:

That was awesome. And cool song in general. That opening guitar riff was flip-the-coffee-table awesome. Everyone should hear that.

BTW, you said they made songs about animes. What else have they done songs for?

I'm Reading...

I'm Playing...
Old August 4th, 2014 (09:29 AM).
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

This was my reaction to that video:
Spoiler:

That was awesome. And cool song in general. That opening guitar riff was flip-the-coffee-table awesome. Everyone should hear that.

BTW, you said they made songs about animes. What else have they done songs for?
Apparently this is one is based on Gurren Lagann (I wouldn't know, I never watched it)

Hm... speaking of music, what's your favorite piece of music from FMA?

Outlinks:

Old August 6th, 2014 (04:16 PM).
Aisu

Hm... speaking of music, what's your favorite piece of music from FMA?
My favorite music to listen to is Golden Time Lover, though I do like to play Again and Chemistry on piano.
Old August 6th, 2014 (05:03 PM).
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Quote originally posted by Aisu:
My favorite music to listen to is Golden Time Lover, though I do like to play Again and Chemistry on piano.
You... you play Piano? DUDE, you gotta record yourself and post it online, I'd love to hear your covers.

Outlinks:

Old August 6th, 2014 (05:34 PM).
Aisu

Holy ♥♥♥♥, I would, but... I can only do the vocals; I can't do the arrangement yet. Need new sheets. The only full song I can play is the Teen Titans theme. I'll get back to you for the Brotherhood songs. Summer is winding down and I have less practice time as I spend these last two weeks ♥♥♥♥♥ing about the return of school.
Old August 18th, 2014 (10:41 AM).
Sheep
sheeple sheeple

The "Brothers" track from FMA is definitely my favorite. The Russian version especially gives me chills but Vic's English version is another heart-wrenching piece that is just magnificent to listen to. It really is a masterpiece imho.

club 1 club 2 LV
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links