Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page Favorite Unovian Pokémon?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old July 8th, 2014 (02:15 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
and

Although I am more of a Sweeper-type guy, I just loved the designs and stats of these 2. Seismistoad, Beartic, and Braviary are also great Pokemon aswell.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 13th, 2014 (10:10 AM).
Powered by Netflix

Hmm.
Hard to choose. At first, it was Snivy. A Grass type and a good design, and Serperior looks really regal. It's grown off of me, though.

Now that I think about it, it would be Whimsicott and Chandelure. Chandelure, while frail, has amazing Special Attack, and it's a ghost chandelier, for Pete's sake. Not to mention that its Hidden Ability would be good. Whimsicott is just so cute and it also has Prankster!
Old July 13th, 2014 (10:15 AM).
Muncher

Nature: Bold
My favourite Unovian Pokémon would have to be Tepig. It assisted me on my journey alongside my other 5 powerful Pokémon successfully, taking me to the Champion and defeating their team. The design is also amazingly well done to make it look both cute and powerful.
Old July 13th, 2014 (10:21 AM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Well, I can't pick 100 to be my favorites.. So,

Leavany, Scolipede
Krookodile, Scraggy
Galvantula
Old July 13th, 2014 (10:21 AM).
The eyes never lie.

Send a message via Skype™ to Quilva
Braviary, Bisharp, Sazandora, Zekrom, Kyurem, Genesect, Meloetta
The rest has gone away.

Old August 3rd, 2014 (12:16 PM).

Nature: Quirky
My top 5 would probably be Crustle, Sawk, Krookodile, Sawsbuck and Haxorus

All of them I've used on a team at some point, and with the likes of Crustle (Rock), Krookodile (Ground) and Haxorus, I discovered favourites among types that I use very rarely With Sawk I found a welcome alternative to my favourite Fighting Pokémon (Hitmonlee) and I just loved all the forms of Sawsbuck (Spring being my favourite)
Old August 11th, 2014 (08:12 AM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

My favourite Unova Pokemon will always be Herdier, however, given that Unova Pokemon are my favourites of ALL TIME, I always get a nostalgic feeling whenever I think of any of them. They're the Pokemon that I really got the most accustomed to, and in a way I appreciated the designs and abilities etc the most. At face value I'd dislike Garbodor, but even coming across Trubbish is exciting because... I dunno it's still the whole nostalgic value of generation 5. Even in other games I'm like omg Unova mon!! and same in Pokemon cards too :x Just the whole generation was the best really.

But yeah, back to Herdier. I like it for a load of reasons. I love dogs, it had an amazingly cute design, and it had such a pretty shiny. It might also be the fact that it's the evolution of Yorterrie (aka Lillipup), and the name Yorterrie just seemed so cool to me that I was like omg I HAVE to like one of this evolution line!! But other than that, it's pretty much impossible to pick another favourite... they're all just simply amazing, and they're pretty much my top 156 Pokemon (plus a few from Johto and Kalos), but otherwise it's Unova mons or nothin'.
Old August 12th, 2014 (06:29 AM).
Please do not make any connections to me and the *other* Twilight. We do not speak of it here!!

This

and this
Old August 12th, 2014 (05:01 PM).
CS

Nature: Adamant
This is really hard for me, because I actually love most Unova Pokemon (except Vanilluxe, he can go away). But if I had to pick, I would go with either Escavalier, Basculin, or Volcarona. I guess I should start with Basculin. On my first play through, I traded for the special Basculin which has Rock Head, named Blue-Eye. I then proceeded to take it all the way to Ghetsis, and with the combination of a boosted Double Edge, and a STAB Waterfall, I was really enjoying using him. While I can't say that he has a special design, he's not bad on the eyes either. There may be no shortage of Steel/Bug Pokemon around, but Escavalier just radiates a strange elegance that comes with being a jouster. He looks like he's gonna take care of business, and he may be slow, but he packs quite a punch. Volcarona should be obvious. It's an awesome Pokemon that not only looks cool, has an amazing type combo, and is viable competitively, but also is one of the most useful Flame Body Pokemon around! It can fly while you hatch eggs, and sure now Talonflame can do that too, but Volcarona was doing it before it was cool. :P #hipsterpokemontrainer

Old August 13th, 2014 (07:16 PM).
backyard swagger
CS

Nature: Brave
I had a lot of favorites in this generation! This generation has become my second favorite in terms of Pokemon.

First of all, the Oshawott line needs to be mentioned. It is beyond adorable, and Dewott/Samurott do pack a punch in battles, if given the right natures.

Leavanny is a wonderful grass-type. I was hesitant to use a Sewaddle and having it to evolve a Swadloon via friendship, but the evolution process is spectacular. Despite so many weaknesses due to its dual grass/bug typing, it became one of my loyal Pokemon in my team.

Mienshao. Let's talk about this mofo right here. Mienshao saved my ass in the elite four, and during higher level battles. It is a powerhouse Pokemon and can actually resist some psychic type moves. I love this little guy so much.

Unfezant...well, actually I like the male design more than the female for some odd reason.

Old August 21st, 2014 (08:36 AM).

Meloetta, which also my all time favourite Pokemon.
Old August 21st, 2014 (04:49 PM).
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Excadrill has been my favorite since it's release, but since then I've also come to love Zoroark and Sawsbuck a lot too. I had a lot of fun using these three, since not only do they have great designs but they're also pretty strong.
Old August 22nd, 2014 (05:50 AM).
Tsunderes forever

Nature: Naughty
Elmonga, Meloetta and Vanilluxe
Old August 22nd, 2014 (01:12 PM).
Give up and surrender!

Nature: Naive
I'm surprised I'm not the only one saying meloetta.

Other than legendaries, though, I'd say galvantula.
Old August 25th, 2014 (11:41 AM).
I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat myself

Darumanitan, Braviary and Zoarark were pretty cool. I cant really think of anything I would change XD it was just such an awesome playthrough with them.

Old August 25th, 2014 (03:36 PM).
Vengeance is Vine

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to The Dark Avenger
Oooh, I love making favorites lists.

Top 10

Artwork by Fairy+
Old August 25th, 2014 (04:53 PM).

Seismetoad cause why not, Braviary cause MERICA, that mushroom pokemon the grass/poison one i forget the name- amoongus or something.
Old August 27th, 2014 (01:28 AM).

Nature: Modest
Now, that's a hard question.....
Maybe Unfezant, I don't know why, but the maskless Unfezant looks cool to me.
Old September 1st, 2014 (10:17 PM).
Lorekeeper

Nature: Jolly
Like others said, Unova has brought some cool Pokémon but the one that stands out the most for me is Scrafty. Now, let's play story time.
Once upon a time, I looked through all of the Gen 5 Pokémon for the first time and I did like some of them but I hated the pantslizards. I liked the Dark/Fighting combination but I despised their designs to the point I put them as one of my least favourite Pokémon without even using them. One day, I got myself Pokémon White a week after its release and reached Castelia City with only four Pokémon and I needed another. So then, I decided to catch a Scraggy and train it up a bit and let's just say this Pokémon is amazing. After the final battle, Scrafty was MVP and I just enjoyed using it (and the design was growing on me). I got Black on Easter and I lacked a Fighting type and the first Pokémon that came to mind? Scrafty. So, I got a Scraggy and trained it up for the Ice gym. Later on, I was interested in using this thing competitively so I looked up its movepool and saw this thing gets a lot of things; I even watched a sweep. On June, I decided to have a "Scrafty appreciation month" where I have my desktop as a Scrafty image for a month. When it was over and I decided to do another Pokémon appreciation month, I just couldn't do it because Scrafty has grown on me so much. Later on, Scrafty officially became my favourite Unovian Pokémon (it was Hydreigon before) and on September before/during the start of my first year university, it officially became my favourite Pokémon (before it was Houndoom). Also, it has a really cool/unique design, it's a Mohawk lizard with pants made from its own dead skin what's not to love?
Old September 4th, 2014 (02:26 AM).

Nature: Jolly
Unova added so many pokemon that I love. I honestly can't understand the hate the pokemon get. (Hoenn and Unova introduced the best pokemon imo)

Cohagrigus is not only my favourite Unova pokemon but it has become my favourite period. Reuniclus is another Unova pokemon I really love.

Cohagrigus, Reuniclus, Scolipede, Sigilyph, Golurk, Galvantula, Accelgor, Scrafty, Gothitelle, Conkeldurr, Samurott, Serperior, Swanna, Volcarona, Stoutland, Leavanny, Darmanitan......just to name the ones I like the most.

The amount of hits for me personally was absolutely ridiculous.
Old September 5th, 2014 (08:21 PM).
Don- don- donuts let's go nuts!
CS

Conkeldurr. He is the only fighting type pokemon I will ever use and he was the first pokemon that I ever traded for with a friend to have it evolve so it holds a special place in my heart. I used it on my first run of White when it first came out and I've been using it ever since both in game and competitively. A mega form would be great, though I don't really want that because it would just be gross. I'd like for it to have more speed because he's pretty freakin slow.
FC&G
Final Fantasy, Tabletop Gaming, Kingdom Hearts
MAL
Old September 6th, 2014 (07:38 AM).
I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Bellum
Dang, hard to choose xD
My favourite 5 are Hydreigon, Chandelure, Lilligant, Krookodile and Bisharp.

"You trusted me, so I'll trust you too. That's what being friends means, doesn't it..?" - Rin Okumura, Blue Exorcist
Old September 7th, 2014 (11:13 AM).
Moonwel ot cosidme

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Pryze

It's been a dead tie between these two for my favorite Pokemon since the beginning of BW2 UU. The determining factor for how much I like a Pokemon has always been how hard they hit in their respective tiers, and these two serial killers have so few safe switch-ins, it's almost funny. Once I realized how good they were, Heracross got the boot from #1, and Victini or Chandelure have been on every one of my UU teams since. I love these two so damn much.

...If I could change anything about them? Give Chandelure back its 120 and 140 base Power Fire Blast and Overheat, respectively.

O R A S S Q U A D
Old September 7th, 2014 (11:18 AM).
Chao Karate

Nature: Bashful
Eelektross because of all the great move tutor moves it gets in Gen 5. I really hope ORAS has just as good, or better move tutors. X and Y Eelektross pretty only has whatever it learns as Eelektrik and TMs.
Old September 7th, 2014 (11:28 AM).
The Mega Fire Pig Pokemon

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Emboar
The Tepig line. As I have mentioned before, my first Pokemon game was Black, therefore my starter, being Tepig, was my first Pokemon. Plus, I have raised not one, but two Emboars up to level 100. Also, I love the design with a flaming chin and the wrestler-type look.

#&@%+
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links