The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 14th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Advertise here
I went for Oshawott initially purely for Samurott, which is my favourite fully-evolved starter. Overall design-wise Snivy's line is the strongest, with no real weak links. Pignite, Dewott and Oshawott are pretty awful in my opinion. I'd actually rank the starters Tepig > Snivy > Oshawott, but Oshawott overcompensates by evolving into the most awesome 3rd stage.

I agree with the general consensus that making Pignite/Emboar part Fighting-type was a bad shout, but I did like what they did by making them slower and harder-hitting than Blaziken and Infernape - Infernape's typing actually irritated me more as whilst it was a cool design it just completely out-competed Blaziken in battle, whereas Emboar's a different creature entirely.
Old July 23rd, 2014, 09:59 AM
AmyTheOddball
Aspiring Author

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to AmyTheOddball
When I get Black, I'm going to go for Oshawott - his/her design and evolutions are awesome. If I then get White, I'm going to go for Snivy :3 This might change by the time I get the games aha.

Starting new game as one of my characters, look above for when I catch new Pokemon and get badges!
Old July 23rd, 2014, 02:13 PM
Jonkane

Nature: Lonely
I chose Snivy for both my Black and Black 2 first time playthroughs. I then chose Tepig for my second Black playthrough and Oshawott on Black 2.
Old July 23rd, 2014, 03:45 PM
umbreonxyz

oshawatt is my personal choice. its speed and attack are very good and it makes up for it's low defensive stats by gaining experience quicker than the other 2. it was my first lvl 100, now i have 12 lvl 100
Old August 3rd, 2014, 02:12 PM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Nature: Quirky
When I first saw the first-stage starters, Snivy was my immediate favourite but when I saw the final evos I liked Samurott as well haha so I picked Snivy in Black and Oshawott in White 2

I think Megas for all starters eventually could be an inevitability and who knows, it might make me like Emboar (my least fave) more
Old August 3rd, 2014, 02:44 PM
Northstar
the bouquet pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Oshawott. In my opinion the other two are pretty terrible (if Serperior gets Contrary soon though I'll be happy) and Emboar being ANOTHER Fire/Fighting gave me palpitations

prism league - twitter - last.fm
★★★★★★★★★★
"Each of it's hands contain different toxins,
but both hands can jab
with near-fatal power"

★★★★★★★★★★

Old August 4th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Denny Hamlin
accept d e f e a t

Nature: Brave
I chose Oshawott the first time. I was going for Snivy at first, but when I saw Oshawott in the anime, I instantly fell for its cuteness. Luckilly, I got a female Oshawott on my first try. Good nature too. :)
Old August 5th, 2014, 02:45 AM
Yukari Yakumo
necrofantasia
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yukari Yakumo
I only liked Snivy and Oshawott, but went with Oshawott in the end. Like Cadance, my impressions of Oshawott were drawn on from the anime. I saw how adorable Ash's Oshawott was, so decided to have my own.
pairs
family
credit
theme
lover
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 07:55 PM
Forever
let it go

Tepig for sure. It was the starter I started off with on both sets of games. I even named it Eminem, symbolic of something. It was definitely the most fun starter of all because it had cool effectiveness early on whereas the others were harder to use (tho fire is normally meant to be hardest!) More people should've used Emboar, it really was the best. :)

Also I like part fighting, it made Emboar much cooler and so much more useful in game with the normal gym leaders and so on (even like against Clay etc). It proved to be a good decision to me, who cares if fire/fighting is overdone, Emboar was worth it.
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 03:14 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
When the starters were first leaked, I LOVED Oshawott. Now, I don't care for it much at all. It's not as cute as I thought it was, and it's just kinda there for me. Now, I really like Tepig. It's cute, and a lot better in battle than Oshawott and its evo line. Design-wise, Snivy's line is my favorite but they are just sooo awful in battle it's hard to look past.
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 07:49 PM
diamondeyes

I picked oshawott on my first runthrough, and was pretty disappointed. it could have just been a bad nature or IVs maybe, but samurott was pretty underwhelming. or is average the right word?
now I like tepig the most. I don't understand why so many hate emboar! it looks awesome. it has a fire beard and gauntlets and stuff. I don't even care about its typing ;A; I always pick tepig in 5th gen nuzlockes and give it the name 'panties' (because it looks like it has them on)
snivy though definitely should've been given dragon type.
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 07:55 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Nature: Quiet
For me, I went with Tepig for both White and Black 2. Thought it was going to suck at first but it actually ended up proving its worth once it fully evolved and learned Heat Crash.

Gotta love the high life.
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 05:39 AM
AeHrYo
My bird flies, why can't I

Nature: Quiet
Fire type is my most favorite so i pick Tepig..its final evolution is pretty cool and yea., i really want to see it in mega evolution..
Old 2 Days Ago, 01:58 PM
ItzShannaynay

My personal favorite is tied between oshawott and snivy because they both are really dear to me. Gen 5 being my favorite it's a really tough choice. I can't only choose one!
Design: Well there oshawott gets the cake! BUT on their final stage i'd pick Serperior over samurott any day!
Competitively: Hmmm now this one is a bit tough, since both of these pokemon can do really well, serperior can sweep with its contrary+leafstorm combo, but on the other hand samurott is more reliable since bunch of things resists grass types.
Mega evolution: ALL OF EM! Even that chubby emboar that is getting so much hate,he is the most useful one to beat the game, tho!

I'm Shelly and I know it!
Old 16 Hours Ago, 11:07 PM
Powalen

I chose Oshawott because Hikari inspired me (:

Really though I would have picked Oshawott anyways. I pick the water starter 99% of the time that I start a new generation. It's the safe pick and can always learn a good array of moves to help you in game.

Old 10 Hours Ago, 04:38 AM
Metoro

Nature: Modest
I choosed Oshavott, but I regretted it...Tepig is so much cuter. I would give it the nickname: Bacon
Old 9 Hours Ago, 06:12 AM
Judge Mandolore Shepard
Spectre Agent
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Since I continued my tradition of starting with the Water type starter, I of course went with Oshawott. Plus its final evolution, Samurott is very awesome as well.

OSO STRONG
Old 6 Hours Ago, 08:49 AM
ThrashingZombie
Poke Breeder

Nature: Adamant
I always start with Fire types (Except for one game, I started with water) so, Tepig was my go to dude! I now have all 3 but I still go for fire. :D

This is my dream team. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without my dream team, I am useless, without me, my dream team is useless!
Old 5 Hours Ago, 09:33 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Tepig > Snivy > Oshawott.

The Unova starter trio wasn't the best of the best IMO, but out of the three my favourite would most probably be Tepig!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here