Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 30th, 2014 (08:38 PM).
SameWada shipper

Nature: Serious
I joined a few years back and kind of just... disappeared! But I have made a lot of progress the past few years! I came out to my dad as trans (particularly nonbinary gender but eh I feel kind of boysih) about a year ago and it went surprisingly well. Unfortunately my mom found out, which is a long story, but I guess it's been somewhat smooth sailing. My story isn't amazingly typical though since my father is actually bisexual himself so while I was anxious to talk to him about it, I knew he'd been involved in the LGBTQIAP community. So while obviously he can't understand my issues with gender in particular, I think he understands a little? And I'm definitely not straight and have known that for years and he's supported me with that for over 5 years.

And I hope everyone else is doing okay and is having a great day!
Old June 30th, 2014 (09:57 PM).
Not wearin glasses.I wanna look awesome.
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote originally posted by Alex:
Let's do this, then, eh?

Some of you may know but for those of you who don't I'm an openly pansexual male who's madly in love with a cute little transgender girl who's also a pansexual. When I was coming to this I started thinking that it would be dissatisfactory only having one gender, and I will admit that at points I had fears of being confused and only really being either gay or straight because I'd shift rather polarically between genders. But yeah in all reason Khilia and I are quite the little LGBT treasure, aren't we? It's something I never would've expected :p

When I decided to open up about this to my mother a while ago, she's like "I had a feeling," and I laughed. It's cool that she's bisexual since now I have personal proof of it being genetic, and I have a hunch that the gay gene is carried through bisexuals and that's how they didn't breed themselves out which is really fun to think about. :3

Discrimination against LGBT people really confuses me tbh. I never really had a problem "coming out" at all ever, though I don't know if that's just me or something as I felt uncomfortable with myself being just homosexual at a point (as mentioned above). :/
Yay good for you Alex! Personally I still never really know what I'm attracted to. I've found attractions to both sexes , but usually find males more attractive and kind of like to think I'm just sexually flexible. Personally though, I just want friendships at this point instead of a relationship.

paired to hikamaru
Gold Supporter

tumblr| instagram| twitter
Old June 30th, 2014 (10:07 PM).
Consumed in the high of enlightenment
Platinum Tier

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick
Quote originally posted by Kouzan:
Yay good for you Alex! Personally I still never really know what I'm attracted to. I've found attractions to both sexes , but usually find males more attractive and kind of like to think I'm just sexually flexible. Personally though, I just want friendships at this point instead of a relationship.
With relationships I've been a lot more comfortable in interacting with women romantically, however I still like all genders and assignments and such on a base level. I guess a gay relationship is just a big array of unknowns for me, and I know a bit more about women as a man than the contrary. I will also say that I have an attraction to Khilia as both genders (male and female), which I imagine is mildly frustrating for her being she wants to be a woman and a woman only.
Old June 30th, 2014 (10:24 PM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Alex:
With relationships I've been a lot more comfortable in interacting with women romantically, however I still like all genders and assignments and such on a base level. I guess a gay relationship is just a big array of unknowns for me, and I know a bit more about women as a man than the contrary. I will also say that I have an attraction to Khilia as both genders (male and female), which I imagine is mildly frustrating for her being she wants to be a woman and a woman only. :P
Honestly I've never had any desire to date anyone, just lustful feeling. So I really don't want to say "I'm gay" or "I'm straight." I'm just me I guess and I just want friends and I'm fine with that. I've had attractions to female friends and male friends in the past , though.

paired to hikamaru
Gold Supporter

Old July 1st, 2014 (04:44 AM).
Magic Manic

Nature: Quirky
Honestly I've never had any desire to date anyone, just lustful feeling. So I really don't want to say "I'm gay" or "I'm straight." I'm just me I guess and I just want friends and I'm fine with that. I've had attractions to female friends and male friends in the past , though.
That sounds a little bit like aromanticism.
Old July 1st, 2014 (05:03 AM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Magic Christmas Lights:
That sounds a little bit like aromanticism.
It may be that exactly. There's a lot about sexuality that I don't quite get personally. Joining this club probably helped. :3

paired to hikamaru
Gold Supporter

Old July 1st, 2014 (07:40 PM).
Tomato Soup
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
It may be that exactly. There's a lot about sexuality that I don't quite get personally. Joining this club probably helped. :3
Honestly, don't worry about it. I think it's almost better to just take things as they come instead of trying to rationalize them.
Old July 1st, 2014 (09:08 PM).
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
GUYS

My parents went to Pride. My parents WENT TO PRIDE.

I was there already, and had just gotten home and my mom called me and asked if I was going, because she was. My parents went with me to Pride.

They are still pretty not-liking of it. My mom actually asked me what she could get me to make me stop being gay. New car? Cat?

But they were there, got freaked out by a guy in a gimp suit and they witnessed me hug a furry who had a 'free hugs' shirt on. My mom said she's never seen this side of me that's so outgoing. After I hugged the furry (Twas a fox) she just said that she couldn't believe that I went out of my way to do it. I joked and told her outright, that I was comfortable here. That this place was a judge-free zone.

And the furry looked very fluffy. I had to give the guy a hug.
Old July 2nd, 2014 (09:51 AM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Flushed:
Honestly, don't worry about it. I think it's almost better to just take things as they come instead of trying to rationalize them.
I guess you're right. I'll see what happens from here and take things as they go.

Quote originally posted by Phantom:
GUYS

My parents went to Pride. My parents WENT TO PRIDE.

I was there already, and had just gotten home and my mom called me and asked if I was going, because she was. My parents went with me to Pride.

They are still pretty not-liking of it. My mom actually asked me what she could get me to make me stop being gay. New car? Cat?

But they were there, got freaked out by a guy in a gimp suit and they witnessed me hug a furry who had a 'free hugs' shirt on. My mom said she's never seen this side of me that's so outgoing. After I hugged the furry (Twas a fox) she just said that she couldn't believe that I went out of my way to do it. I joked and told her outright, that I was comfortable here. That this place was a judge-free zone.

And the furry looked very fluffy. I had to give the guy a hug.
That sounds like a lot of fun. I'd like to hug a furry to be honest, their suits look so comfy. I don't know if I ever go to a pride fest myself, but maybe at least as an ally.

paired to hikamaru
Gold Supporter

Old July 2nd, 2014 (10:36 AM).
Kariyai.
CS

Phantom, sounds like an interesting development XD my parents almost stumbled into town on a pride day too (I wasn't going, but would have been interesting hearing their thoughts).

Maybe it gave them a bit of a reality check or your Mom now knows to bribe you with soft, fluffy things.
art by Churaka
Old July 2nd, 2014 (11:15 AM).
The 17 year old programer. Now byte off

Nature: Calm
Id like to join.
i have very good friends who are trans and im start im my journey soon!

My Game Engine: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334263
Old July 2nd, 2014 (06:37 PM).
Gold Tier

Welcome dragonnite!!! It's awesome hearing about your journey on becoming trans. We're all supportive of you. :)

paired to hikamaru
Gold Supporter

Old July 2nd, 2014 (08:16 PM).
Mr. Fish trainer

Being homosexual myself, I'd like to join in the club.
Old July 2nd, 2014 (08:46 PM).
Bipolar Pegasus & Counter Meta Master
Silver Tier
CS

Nature: Hardy
Please count me in too - if you'll have meh. I'd just call myself amorous as far as orientation goes. I don't particularly subscribe to any labels, and don't want to bother myself to decisively pick one that fits me best. I know how I rollll - and people I get close to usually understand too.

Also - Chicago's LGBT populace just had their pride parade last weekend or so :D I watched from the streetside ~ twas quite impressive.

And one last thing, even if I weren't in support of this group I'd love it, just because Rainbows are like, my s***. I love the full spectrum of colors in just about every aspect. It's just bonus points in my eyes such an awesome cause identifies with it.
The Prism League is a player run Pokemon League run here on Pokecommunity in both Pokemon Showdown and X/Y + ORAS, and is totally in full swing right now! Click either the name above or >>here<< to join up and start earning badges today!

Paired with SkyBerries; the berries in the sky.
Old July 3rd, 2014 (03:02 AM).
The 17 year old programer. Now byte off

Nature: Calm
Welcome dragonnite!!! It's awesome hearing about your journey on becoming trans. We're all supportive of you.
Thanks ill tell you lot about it bit more
when i was 14 wanted to be girl but i know what my parent would react like and so told only my best friend and sister i told my sister because she would be understanding because she was lesbien. i waited till i was 17.
in my country that when you can make your own medical decisions.
then i told my parents.
And dad didnt actaly react as badly i thought he would.
He did go on holday for 2 weeks tho. after i told him. he came back after a said he was upset cause i was the only male offspring in the family. but if it makes me happy go ahead. i see my GP in 4 weeks time to get this ball rolling! my mom didnt react much at all because she know of my crossdressing habits. finding heels,tights all sorts hidden in all sort of wired and wonderful places. EG Dvd cases to name one XD.
and thats the story of my transition so far

My Game Engine: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334263
Old July 3rd, 2014 (04:17 AM).
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
That's awesome to hear! Make sure to keep us informed throughout the transition! :D

What do ya'll think of Burger King's new exclusive "Proud Whopper Sandwich", created to celebrate LGBT pride month?! (It's just your typical Whopper sandwich with super cool rainbow wrapping!)

Great marketing strategy?
Old July 9th, 2014 (07:21 AM).
'Cause why not?
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I like the marketing strategy, though I still probably won't be getting a Whopper anytime soon.

In other news (well, not really news, but an interesting view on how other people view things down here), I recently returned to Texas after a trip to British Columbia, and some friends of mine up there and I were talking about various things when the topic of marriage laws came up. Long story short, I told my friends how things were down here and they all thought that Texas seemed a bit "backwards and archaic" in that regards. To be honest, I agree with them.

Old July 9th, 2014 (07:50 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
If the burgers weren't so terrible I'd definitely buy one from that marketing

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old July 14th, 2014 (05:05 PM).
Rinshan Kaihou!

Nature: Sassy
My name is Anno, I'm 13 and I'm transgender male-to-female u.u;; is it okay if I join?
Old July 24th, 2014 (11:58 PM).
Ascension to heaven
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
I ain't lettin' this stay dead.

And welcome, Anno! I'm trans too so it's always nice meeting someone who's on a similar boat. We accept everyone here...except bullies. We're a bully-free zone.

Old July 25th, 2014 (08:57 PM).

Nature: Timid
May I join? I'm pansexual and completely supportive of LGBT rights.
Old July 29th, 2014 (02:58 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
Yes, of course everybody new may join! I shall add names to the list now. Also if I've missed your name please feel free to contact me and I'll fix that lol

So... what's everybody's take on the idea of Sherlock Holmes and Watson being gay?

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old July 30th, 2014 (10:42 AM).
'Cause why not?
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Wait, theres a thing about Sherlock Holmes and Watson being gay? How did I not find out about this sooner?

Honestly, as someone who hasn't watched Sherlock or any of the new films but who has read the original stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, I'll say I'm not fond of the idea because there was not even a single hint of Holmes and Watson being gay in the original works. Then again, I haven't seen any of the new Sherlock Holmes stuff, so maybe its more radically different from the original works than I thought.

Old July 30th, 2014 (10:57 AM).
Rinshan Kaihou!

Nature: Sassy
Having read the original stories I would say it's much more likely than Sherlock is asexual, imo.
Old July 30th, 2014 (11:11 AM). Edited July 30th, 2014 by Trick 'r Treat.

I'd love to join this. I am gay but I personally do not like to label myself that. I just say I am attracted to guys if people really want to know. The reason why I don't label myself as gay is because I don't want to be known as "that gay guy" or a "gay best friend". I'm just Patrick & I so happen to like guys.

FC: 3926-6643-5019

Friend Safari: Bug

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links