Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 2nd, 2014 (6:37 PM).
#teamcap
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Treecko
Welcome dragonnite!!! It's awesome hearing about your journey on becoming trans. We're all supportive of you. :)

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 2nd, 2014 (8:16 PM).
Mr. Fish trainer

Nature: Modest
Being homosexual myself, I'd like to join in the club.
Old July 2nd, 2014 (8:46 PM).
I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Silver TierCS

Nature: Hardy
Please count me in too - if you'll have meh. I'd just call myself amorous as far as orientation goes. I don't particularly subscribe to any labels, and don't want to bother myself to decisively pick one that fits me best. I know how I rollll - and people I get close to usually understand too.

Also - Chicago's LGBT populace just had their pride parade last weekend or so :D I watched from the streetside ~ twas quite impressive.

And one last thing, even if I weren't in support of this group I'd love it, just because Rainbows are like, my s***. I love the full spectrum of colors in just about every aspect. It's just bonus points in my eyes such an awesome cause identifies with it.
The Prism League is a player run Pokemon League run here on Pokecommunity in both Pokemon Showdown and X/Y + ORAS, and is totally in full swing right now! Click either the name above or >>here<< to join up and start earning badges today!

Paired with SkyBerries; the berries in the sky.
Old July 3rd, 2014 (3:02 AM).
The 17 year old programer. Now byte off

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouzan View Post
Welcome dragonnite!!! It's awesome hearing about your journey on becoming trans. We're all supportive of you.
Thanks ill tell you lot about it bit more
when i was 14 wanted to be girl but i know what my parent would react like and so told only my best friend and sister i told my sister because she would be understanding because she was lesbien. i waited till i was 17.
in my country that when you can make your own medical decisions.
then i told my parents.
And dad didnt actaly react as badly i thought he would.
He did go on holday for 2 weeks tho. after i told him. he came back after a said he was upset cause i was the only male offspring in the family. but if it makes me happy go ahead. i see my GP in 4 weeks time to get this ball rolling! my mom didnt react much at all because she know of my crossdressing habits. finding heels,tights all sorts hidden in all sort of wired and wonderful places. EG Dvd cases to name one XD.
and thats the story of my transition so far
Old July 3rd, 2014 (4:17 AM).
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
That's awesome to hear! Make sure to keep us informed throughout the transition! :D

What do ya'll think of Burger King's new exclusive "Proud Whopper Sandwich", created to celebrate LGBT pride month?! (It's just your typical Whopper sandwich with super cool rainbow wrapping!)

Great marketing strategy?
Old July 9th, 2014 (7:21 AM).
'Cause why not?
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I like the marketing strategy, though I still probably won't be getting a Whopper anytime soon.

In other news (well, not really news, but an interesting view on how other people view things down here), I recently returned to Texas after a trip to British Columbia, and some friends of mine up there and I were talking about various things when the topic of marriage laws came up. Long story short, I told my friends how things were down here and they all thought that Texas seemed a bit "backwards and archaic" in that regards. To be honest, I agree with them.
Old July 9th, 2014 (7:50 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
If the burgers weren't so terrible I'd definitely buy one from that marketing

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old July 14th, 2014 (5:05 PM).
Rinshan Kaihou!

Nature: Sassy
My name is Anno, I'm 13 and I'm transgender male-to-female u.u;; is it okay if I join?
Old July 24th, 2014 (11:58 PM).
Ascension to heaven
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
I ain't lettin' this stay dead.

And welcome, Anno! I'm trans too so it's always nice meeting someone who's on a similar boat. We accept everyone here...except bullies. We're a bully-free zone.

Old July 25th, 2014 (8:57 PM).

Nature: Timid
May I join? I'm pansexual and completely supportive of LGBT rights.
Old July 29th, 2014 (2:58 AM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
Yes, of course everybody new may join! I shall add names to the list now. Also if I've missed your name please feel free to contact me and I'll fix that lol

So... what's everybody's take on the idea of Sherlock Holmes and Watson being gay?

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old July 30th, 2014 (10:42 AM).
'Cause why not?
Gold Tier

Wait, theres a thing about Sherlock Holmes and Watson being gay? How did I not find out about this sooner?

Honestly, as someone who hasn't watched Sherlock or any of the new films but who has read the original stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, I'll say I'm not fond of the idea because there was not even a single hint of Holmes and Watson being gay in the original works. Then again, I haven't seen any of the new Sherlock Holmes stuff, so maybe its more radically different from the original works than I thought.
Old July 30th, 2014 (10:57 AM).
Rinshan Kaihou!

Having read the original stories I would say it's much more likely than Sherlock is asexual, imo.
Old July 30th, 2014 (11:11 AM). Edited July 30th, 2014 by Trick 'r Treat.

I'd love to join this. I am gay but I personally do not like to label myself that. I just say I am attracted to guys if people really want to know. The reason why I don't label myself as gay is because I don't want to be known as "that gay guy" or a "gay best friend". I'm just Patrick & I so happen to like guys.

FC: 3926-6643-5019

Friend Safari: Bug

Old July 30th, 2014 (11:35 AM).
Team LeaderCS

@Sherlock/Watson The fans seem obsessed with the idea (strangely, mostly teenage girls :s). They do have some kind of bromance-y chemistry though, I can see what they're getting at, but I agree the Sherlock seems to work best as a unaware asexual.
Old July 30th, 2014 (2:00 PM).
'Cause why not?
Gold Tier

Holmes is most certainly best, as said in the post above, as an unaware asexual. However, people often seem to forget that at one point Watson had a wife (Mary Morstan, if I remember correctly).

Also, welcome Trick 'r Treat. Trust me, I didn't tell anyone I was bi (or even try to get a boyfriend) for a while because I felt the same way you do. To be quite honest, I still try to be as far from the gay stereotype as possible.
Old August 6th, 2014 (2:19 PM).
Music Loving Pokefam~

Send a message via Skype™ to EmeraldRarity
Hey I'm an androgynous (female identified, but I hate my gender "role") Pansexual,and I'm new to the community of LGBT,but still want to join,can I?
Old August 10th, 2014 (1:31 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Just out of curiosity, is anyone here bi-gendered? I've heard the term several times, but I don't think I've ever heard of anyone actually say they were bi-gendered themselves. Just wondering what it's like.
Old August 10th, 2014 (6:15 PM).
never eat raspberries
Silver Tier

Bigendered actually describes me quite well, I think I actually labeled myself as such in a post here at one point. While dealing with my whole trans* issues, the one thing that I found particular about myself was the lack of physical dysphoria. I really have no qualms about who I am physically at this point, but I still felt like I belonged to the other gender. So yeah, I think how most people describe it, you do actually wake up feeling like one or the other. I would realistically love to have two different identities/personas and live as a bigendered person, but in my honest opinion, and I know a lot of people would scoff at "not following who you are", but I just don't think it's the smartest path, at least for me to take, so I have some more personal figuring out to do.
Old August 10th, 2014 (8:45 PM).
(>^.(>0.0)>
Crystal Tier

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Hmm, so you feel like two different people entirely, or just have changing interests? Or do you feel like both at the same time?
Old August 11th, 2014 (6:31 AM).
never eat raspberries
Silver Tier

More like two people. In my research, I think genderfluid is the term that more describes feeling like both at the same time. With bigender, you can notice a stark difference, it's not really my interests that change, I just feel like a physically different person.
Old August 11th, 2014 (7:02 AM).
Team LeaderCS

Recently, there has been a large -kin movement on tumblr, with awareness of otherkin (and similar) being more noticeable. This has also led to the rise in 'troll' otherkin blogs, such as those claiming to be toasters or pokemon in a previous life.

What is your opinion on otherkin? Can you see them joining the LGBTQ bracket in 10 years time?

Another interesting position is that otherkin are detracting from serious issues such as transgender by living out (/roleplaying) a fantasy life. Do you feel the otherkin movement will pose a threat to the transgender community and their progress?
Old August 11th, 2014 (10:27 AM).
never eat raspberries
Silver Tier

I haven't heard much about this, so I'm not the most informed. I think it's similar to the gender and sexuality labels though. Once we start getting past things that are historically black and white/clear cut, then I think the whole LGBTQ thing becomes a bit crowded, and perhaps unnecessary as more people become accepting of it. If it's something that's genuine, and obviously for some it is, then I have no problem with it. But the same with sex and gender, the trolls are making it hard to take things seriously.

I guess I can see where the transgender issues come about regarding otherkin, but I can't really see it becoming a problem.
Old August 11th, 2014 (1:07 PM).
Rinshan Kaihou!

Tumblr is very problematic, tbh. The -kin movement and the nan0girl thing and all that... in some ways it seems to make people of gender fluidity, like demigenders and other people who fals alternate places on the spectrum out to be kind of... like a parody.

And I don't really like that, because for everybody saying "my pronouns are bunself" and accusing people who adhere to medical definitions for GID to be haters, that dilutes the people in the community who are truly suffering.

Tumblr coined the term "truscum" to deride people who have a medical diagnosis for GID, and who have gender dysphoria. I find that behavior really worrying....
Old August 11th, 2014 (1:47 PM).

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to TaichiWind
I suppose I should pan in with my opinion for once. haha sexuality puns

Look, nothing on Tumblr should be taken seriously. I think I'm not saying anything new when I tell you people that basically most of the "SJW" base of Tumblr are defending people for things they (the people being defended) don't particularly care about, or don't need defending for.

Or at least that's the official version of gossip. In reality, most self-proclaimed SJWs are attention-hungry college kids who are full of themselves and think they know everything.

Take this -kin thing for example. I've heard about "otherkin" before this entire new fad started, and from what my friend told me, it's not some sort of gender thing - or at least, not directly. In layman's terms, it could be described as "transspecies". Nothing to merit any new form of identity. Feel like you're really a phoenix? **** it, be a phoenix, what's stopping you. You don't need to put a warning on your blog saying "I'm a phoenix". Yet apparently some people think otherwise.

Then there's this outbreak of something called fictionkin. What the heck? I've seen enough of this to know that it's a load of dung. From the ironically reblogged posts that sometimes cross my dash, I know that this is either a very elaborate attempt at trolling, or someone's undiluted stupidity. It could be one or the other. There is no way someone could identify as a fictional person. This is exactly why nobody likes anything that comes out of Tumblr anymore.

In your own Steven-y way.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links