Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 15th, 2014 (03:14 AM).
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Yeah, no. "Cute Little" Eleven wore off on me by series 7pt2. He was too much a creation of the times, not a character of his own right.

#328 Trapinch
Supporter Collab January 2015
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old July 15th, 2014 (05:25 AM).
Redizzle ma hawt chizzle pelipizzle's Avatar
Redizzle ma hawt chizzle pelipizzle Redizzle ma hawt chizzle pelipizzle is online now
thief of life

Nature: Naive
Haha well. There's a Doctor for every taste I guess. From what I've seen so far it might take me a while to grow to enjoy Twelve's style. We'll see.

4/13
Old July 15th, 2014 (11:32 AM).
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Yeah sure, just giving my two cents is all. Your not alone in that sentinent though, old doctor after 3 aasplings is something even I need to adjust to. Bmmn is it going to beone hrll of a ride.

#328 Trapinch
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old July 18th, 2014 (07:50 AM). Edited July 18th, 2014 by Redizzle ma hawt chizzle pelipizzle.
Redizzle ma hawt chizzle pelipizzle Redizzle ma hawt chizzle pelipizzle is online now
thief of life

Quote originally posted by Evil Stud Muffin:
Yeah sure, just giving my two cents is all. Your not alone in that sentinent though, old doctor after 3 aasplings is something even I need to adjust to. Bmmn is it going to beone hrll of a ride.
Wow you gotta check up on those fingers of yours. Or keyboard, perhaps? Spelling haha.

I found some more entertaining Five gifs :3

He's rather grumpy and impatient, this Doctor. But so brave and compassionate!

EDIT: wow... I just watched the episode where
Spoiler:
Adric

dies. It was sudden. I knew it was going to happen of course, but I thought it would be later. And I didn't cry - I didn't like the character much, haha. But still. Pretty cool episode overall, actually.

4/13
Old July 18th, 2014 (10:47 AM).
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Its my phone. The bbs glitches up on it and the posts change when posted. :c, and t

#328 Trapinch
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old July 20th, 2014 (07:23 AM).

Nature: Hardy
Oh my gosh, I'm definitely joining. I only started watching a couple years ago, but Doctor Who is my favorite show!

PokeCommunity Username: caller_100
Favorite Doctor: Nine. Nine was my first doctor and he'll always be my favorite. I really enjoyed his development as a character, even over just that one season. Ten was always a little too overdramatic for me (although obviously Tennant was amazing). Nine also just had a really great death glare, haha.
Favorite companion: Donna. It was so refreshing to see a companion who wasn't madly in love with the Doctor. I really loved Donna's personality, and I think she was exactly what the Doctor needed at that time.
Old July 21st, 2014 (09:43 PM).
The main reason I got stronger was so I’d be able to survive.

Nature: Quiet
Username: Autumn Reverie

Favourite Doctor: David Tennant! <3 (though the Ninth comes a close second)

Favourite Companion: It's a tough choice between Rose and Martha.

I've only recently gotten into the series. One day I decided to check it out and instantly fell in love. <3 Also, I've just finished Season 3 yesterday, so I don't know any other things besides what I've watched. So far, it's fantastic. <3

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old July 21st, 2014 (11:10 PM).
thief of life

Quote originally posted by caller_100:
Oh my gosh, I'm definitely joining. I only started watching a couple years ago, but Doctor Who is my favorite show!

PokeCommunity Username: caller_100
Favorite Doctor: Nine. Nine was my first doctor and he'll always be my favorite. I really enjoyed his development as a character, even over just that one season. Ten was always a little too overdramatic for me (although obviously Tennant was amazing). Nine also just had a really great death glare, haha.
Favorite companion: Donna. It was so refreshing to see a companion who wasn't madly in love with the Doctor. I really loved Donna's personality, and I think she was exactly what the Doctor needed at that time.
Welcome to the club! Wow, a Nine fan. Yeah, as I've been watching classic Who really, I think Nine is more Doctor-like than Ten was, actually. Who would have thought that? And Donna is forever great.

Quote originally posted by Autumn Reverie:
Username: Autumn Reverie

Favourite Doctor: David Tennant! <3 (though the Ninth comes a close second)

Favourite Companion: It's a tough choice between Rose and Martha.

I've only recently gotten into the series. One day I decided to check it out and instantly fell in love. <3 Also, I've just finished Season 3 yesterday, so I don't know any other things besides what I've watched. So far, it's fantastic. <3
Welcome to the club, Amanda! Good choice of series to get into :D There's a lot of great episodes in Nine's season, but Tennant also has some really memorable ones. Season 4 is amazing (there's Donna!) so I hope you'll have a great time watching through it.

And then you have all of Eleven left! In ways, Eleven's seasons (5-7) were more cinematic and had plots overarching whole seasons. I like that. But in other ways, the world Russel T Davies created around the Ninth and Tenth Doctor was so alive and nice that it felt a bit weird that it was pretty much thrown away and said goodbye to after the Doctor's regeneration into Eleven. But oh well. It's still a great series no matter what.

When you've become a hardcore whovian, you should all check out the Fifth Doctor's episodes too ;D I keep babbling about this, but I really love him. You can really see how he is the same person as Nine and Ten, and to some degree Eleven I suppose (at least Five and Eleven are equally rude and condescending at times haha) and there are some really great episodes I've watched in classic who now. Black Orchid, Earthshock and Arc of Infinity are probably my favorites so far (in the midst of watching AoI now). And I love Tegan and Nyssa, can't wait for Turlough to show up.

4/13
Old July 23rd, 2014 (12:34 AM).
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Wait, why didn't I know this was a thing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giaMRyn47Xg

#328 Trapinch
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old July 23rd, 2014 (01:07 AM).
thief of life

Quote originally posted by Evil Stud Muffin:
Wait, why didn't I know this was a thing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giaMRyn47Xg
*heavy breathing*

That was amazing. John Barrowman is incredible, haha. And Tate and Tennant is a marvelous duo, no matter what they throw themselves into.

4/13
Old July 23rd, 2014 (03:36 AM).
learn to forget about it
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
PokéCommunity Username: Ultraviolence
Favorite Doctor: Fourth or Ninth
Favorite Companion: Probably Donna or Amy or Sarah Jane. Can't decide really.

I didn't even know about this club omg. I'm glad I decided to one day randomly look in the clubs section!
Old July 23rd, 2014 (10:10 PM).
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
So Moffat has teased all 12 episodes in the new SFX issue.
Spoiler:

- 801. Clara trying to cope with her best friend being someone else. A terrifying monster.

- 802. Gritty Dalek ep that goes into the last place in the universe the Doctor should be.

- 803. Very funny Robin Hood story all about being a hero and whether the Doctor is a good man.

- 804. The story of a date and the Doctor having what appears to be a mild nervous breakdown. Tiny guest cast, no CGI. A bit of Coupling. Quite scary.

- 805. A Doctor Who heist movie with a cracking monster, one of Neill Gorton’s best.

- 806. What effect would slipping away with the Doctor have on your life? A hoot with some serious bits. Bit like The Lodger.

- 807. Proper drama with monsters and all the Doctor Who stuff that you could want. Also features a callback to a past episode (sort of). (Refer to S5 finale, Mummy on the Orient Express)

- 808. Moffat playing the long game with a callback to something from Matt’s first series. A brilliant idea of a monster. Foxes (The singer, not actual foxes) singing.

- 809. A horror story that starts off with a very cute idea and becomes really quite frightening by the end. One of the best ever sight gags in it.

- 810. Boldly beautiful, lyrical and poetic. A fairytale, but not Moffat fairytale. Quite different with a clever main visual idea

- 811/12. High octane action, with Cybermen and some proper UNIT stuff. Strong emotional story about Clara and the Doctor and the fact that the way they interact might not be healthy for everyone around them.

Seems a little wierd reading them, though I don't doubt they'll be great.

Little spoiler about the finale, kinda funny, if you can wait you should. You would feel better, don't open this. Don't.
Spoiler:
Apparently people stop the cybermen to take pictures and selfies because they think their a tourest attraction / event. The Doctor comes running through like a crazy mad man telling people to run away, of course no one listens.

Old July 23rd, 2014 (10:56 PM).
thief of life

Welcome to the club, Ultraviolence!

Oh I won't click any of those spoilers ._. Een if they are "officially" leaked. Please keep any discussion on their content within spoilers too! :)

4/13
Old July 25th, 2014 (09:24 PM).
Community Supporter

Duh Adventure, you can trust me... And hey the first spoiler was entirely official, and not even a spoiler.. I just put it in for size restriction, and there not even spoilers unless your a hard core spoiler phobe.

So it's been announced that the Doctor Who Series 8 preimere will be shown in theaters world wide! No locations have been announced yet.
I kinda want to go, just for the sake of it, but BBC Worldwide is getting greedy. 50th I can understand, but the David Tennant recut, and just the preimere? I mean it is a longer episode, but still.

Old July 25th, 2014 (11:55 PM).
thief of life

Whoa in theatres?? I gotta go :3 Haha, I doubt it's gonna be aired in my little town, but I can check.

4/13
Old July 28th, 2014 (10:40 AM).

I would probably pay to see that in theaters, even if it is just the premier. When is it coming out? Because depending on when, I'll either be in the middle of nowhere where it definitely won't be in theaters, or I'll be in a huge city where I at least have a chance.
Old July 28th, 2014 (12:26 PM).
thief of life

23 August is the date I've heard so perhaps they're premiering it in theatres by then. I hope they'll show it on TV as well :x

4/13
Old July 28th, 2014 (12:54 PM).
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by adventure:
23 August is the date I've heard so perhaps they're premiering it in theatres by then. I hope they'll show it on TV as well :x
I believe the theatre priemere is the same as the TV preimere like the 50th ani was.

Old July 28th, 2014 (08:42 PM).
thief of life

Quote originally posted by countryemo:
I believe the theatre priemere is the same as the TV preimere like the 50th ani was.
Wouldn't they make much more money by showing it on theatres exclusively first and not on TV until later?

4/13
Old July 29th, 2014 (12:34 AM).
Community Supporter

Wouldn't they make much more money by showing it on theatres exclusively first and not on TV until later?
They already are with the World Tour arn't they? Makes sense, but it could also cause major spoilers and thats what the BBC cares about. While the leaks didn't go huge in the news (shared not just talked about) but they were all over some forums, youtube comments, ect. And while I know some are against the idea of paying to see a preimere, nothing special. Doctor Who in theatres does great, the 50th, and the david tennant story re-cut both sold out quick and made lots of money.

Old July 29th, 2014 (03:14 AM).
thief of life

What's the david tennant story recut? :3

4/13
Old July 29th, 2014 (10:46 AM).

=( In that case, I'll still be in hickville. Ah well, I'll catch it on TV.
Old July 29th, 2014 (10:02 PM).
Community Supporter

What's the david tennant story recut? :3
About a month ago for the U.S only there was a theaterical recut of the Rise of the Cybermen two parter with a documentary with David voicing over it in 3D. 2 for 1 event.

Old August 4th, 2014 (06:20 PM).
Guide of Darkness
Community Supporter

Hello!

I'm a bit late to the party, here. Tried to get into this series for years now, but couldn't get passed the ultra cheese of the early episodes in the reboot. Decided just to jump to Series 5 earlier this year though, and marathoned Series 7 and the specials this weekend. Going to jump back now to the seasons I skipped over. Looking forward to it.

PokéCommunity Username: TRIFORCE89, as you can see
Favorite Doctor: Can't answer as I've only seen the Eleventh
Favorite Companion: Again, only familiar with Series 5 onwards which would be awfully Amy heavy
Old August 4th, 2014 (07:14 PM).
Rinshan Kaihou!

Nature: Sassy
People skipping over my baybies makes me super sad u___u;;
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links