• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Engine] Pokémon for Ace

How should Pokemon storage be handled?

• With Yanfly's script.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • With a separate, but unified box.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • With individual boxes that is a list of names.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • With individual boxes that shows the overworld graphics of the Pokemon.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Another way. (Please tell me how)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Hi, I have version 7 of the pokemon ace and when I try to start it the following error appears. Any solution?

Photo
puu.sh/ad2Kx/6ca7f785e9.png

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
Hi,

everytime when I try to catch a wild pokemon with a pokeball i get an error.

This is what the console prints:

dropbox.com/s/1l3znrsgk7fwhcy/1.png
dropbox.com/s/zsmg3obcpecyx4t/2.png
dropbox.com/s/75ztgggge1obh32/3.png

Any idea what i can do?

I fixed the issue and re-uploaded the kit (as version 7, I don't think this really is deserving of it's own version update).

Hi, I have version 7 of the pokemon ace and when I try to start it the following error appears. Any solution?

Photo
puu.sh/ad2Kx/6ca7f785e9.png

Download the Pokémon Graphics and Background Music folders and import them into the kit.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I fixed the issue and re-uploaded the kit (as version 7, I don't think this really is deserving of it's own version update).

Download the Pokémon Graphics and Background Music folders and import them into the kit.

Background Music link is broken.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
this makes me sad that its still quite buggy as an ace pokemon kit wud be sooo awesome

Gexeys

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 16, 2015
1. If you find a script that allows for the use of animated GIF images for battles among other things that would be appreciated.

CNG's kit had a animated sprites, I don't know if this was in a public release or not but I remember him show me it.
He didn't use animated GIF's but he used sprite sheets with the frames that he needed to use, hope this helps you out. Sorry I don't know more than this but I believe he stopped trying to use GIF's due to the fact that he couldn't and that's why he used sprite sheets.

Crystal Noel

Years
I am planning a huge update for version 8.
  • Options for a more X and Y styled appearance. (done)
  • More Pokémon-esc load menu. (done)
  • Bring lag down to a minimum. (done)
  • I am completely replacing the sample maps and adding new trainers and possibly a brief "story" for the kit. (not done)
  • All HMs with be evented and usable from the Pokémon Menu (not done)
  • The Tilesets have been redone. The main difference is that all the buildings are now a separate layer from the rest of the ground. I made enough so every town in Kanto and the Sevii isle's could be recreated with only 2-3 layers. (done)
  • Triple Battles and Sky Battles definately need to make it into this update. Rotation Battles are a posiblity, but might be saved for a later update. (not done)
  • Battle Fronteir battle formats and rules. (done)
  • Careful testing to make sure all skill effects work properly. (not done)
  • A Master Settings module that has the major setting in one place. (done)

This is a lot of stuff, so any help would be nice. One thing that I really want to do is having looped OGG audio files for the background music. Since OGG is the primary format used by RPG Maker VX Ace, it would be logical to want to use OGG files to their fullest potential. I have OGG files uploaded, but some are converted from MIDIs and sound awful and they don't loop. If anyone is willing to take up this task, that would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

gr3ygho$t28

Veteran Gamer
Years
I am planning a huge update for version 8.
  • Options for a more X and Y styled appearance. (done)
  • More Pokémon-esc load menu. (done)
  • Bring lag down to a minimum. (done)
  • I am completely replacing the sample maps and adding new trainers and possibly a brief "story" for the kit. (not done)
  • All HMs with be evented and usable from the Pokémon Menu (not done)
  • The Tilesets have been redone. The main difference is that all the buildings are now a separate layer from the rest of the ground. I made enough so every town in Kanto and the Sevii isle's could be recreated with only 2-3 layers. (done)
  • Triple Battles and Sky Battles definately need to make it into this update. Rotation Battles are a posiblity, but might be saved for a later update. (not done)
  • Battle Fronteir battle formats and rules. (not done)
  • Careful testing to make sure all skill effects work properly. (not done)
  • A Master Settings model that has the major setting in one place. (done)

This is a lot of stuff, so any help would be nice. One thing that I really want to do is having looped OGG audio files for the background music. Since OGG is the primary format used by RPG Maker VX Ace, it would be logical to want to use OGG files to their fullest potential. I have OGG files uploaded, but some are converted from MIDIs and sound awful and they don't loop. If anyone is willing to take up this task, that would be very much appreciated.

How goes the progress so far? Been over and month and no new updates. :(

Crystal Noel

Years
I'm working on the new maps. I'm planing on making it kinda like the ORAS Demo. Essentially there will be a main area with some areas to explore. In addition, there will be other sub-areas that explore different facets of the kits capabilities. Sky Battles are now a thing. In addition to that, I've updated the layout for a more X and Y appearance. One thing that I did is, create new battler graphics derived from the X and Y models. (I still don't have gen 6 cries. If anyone has them, I'd appreciate it if you sent them to me.)

Crystal Noel

Years
I know I haven't updated in the past year, but I may as well share some things.
Updates:
  • There is now a skill selecting algorithm that enables enemy trainers (an wild Pokémon you set to use it) to make intelligent decisions on what moves to use. Mainly this entails going for what will do the most damage and not buffing/rebuffing excessively.
  • There is now a working Battle Frontier with four facilities
  • You can now import trainers and the team used in battle tests from teams created in Pokémon Showdown in case you want to bring a competative team over to the kit
  • Many buged skills now work like they should
  • ORAS Megas and Primal Reversions
  • Diance, Hoopa, and Volcanion
  • The replacement of the type icons with the panels seen in Gen VI. (They have also been moved to the help window and can be disabled from being seen during battle)
  • States now have the correct pannels from Gen 6 to replace their icons (The actual icons are still displayed as popups)
  • Buff/debuff icons are now hidden from all status screens and can really only be seen by viewing your Pokémon's stats durring battle
  • X and Y Trainer intros and special pre-battle VS sequences (the old VS Sequences are still accessable)
  • TMs now automatically name themselves and determine who they can be used on depending on the move they teach
  • TMs can now be universally set to single or multi use
  • A master settings module that collects a lot of different settings into one place
  • More Pokédex listing for the demo. That is every Pokédex that has been used in any main series game as well as a Sinnoh Pokédex with all the Gen IV legendaries are available
  • A hash in the master setting has been created to make it easy to manipulate stats and abilities that occur durring form changes
  • The panels that display abilities that were introduced in Gen V
  • When a song is played on a map, if you have a season name in the song title, the song will automatically adjust to the season
  • Fixed the bug so that Pokémon that are just sent out won't trigger any end of turn effects (and checks that you lost only occur at the end of the turn or if all your Pokémon are knocked out)
  • A switch has been created to diable item usage (used primarily in the Battle Frontier)
  • Moves no long do anything if you are immune to or absorb the type the type
  • A new option for the skill menu that includes a graph to display your EVs
  • An updated skill menu to match the new astetic (the old scene will be accessible)
  • All the shadow Pokémon from XD have their move lists entered in and Pokémon with no list will know Shadow Rush by default
  • A new load and save screen
  • A started selection screen that can be used anywhere
  • A good portion of the demo to showcase certain features
  • Lag has been cut down tremendously (there are still pauses in the Battle Frontier, but that's because the trainer teams need to be generated)
  • A change to holding regular items to increase compatibility with other scripts
  • BP and Game Corner Coins are now a spendable currency

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
is version 7 the latest released version or is your website out of date?

Back