Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 31st, 2014, 05:31 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Advertise here
I really want Sonic pillows. I had my eye on this item for a while now haha

Ohh! I hadn't heard of Sticks, but I have seen her in a leaked photo and folks speculated it was Marine... Here's what Sega wrote about Sticks, though:

Quote:

In advance of the highly-anticipated launch of Sonic Boom, the newest branch of the Sonic the Hedgehog universe announced earlier this year, SEGA is pleased to unveil Sticks, a brand-new character that will play an integral role across all Sonic Boom platforms. Sticks, a jungle badger who has spent most of her life living alone in the wilderness, will appear in the Sonic Boom TV series, Wii U and Nintendo 3DS video games, and merchandise, forming a common thread across all iterations of the new Sonic Boom world. Sticks joins Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy to form the core ensemble featured throughout the Sonic Boom franchise.

“Sticks is a significant addition to the Sonic Boom universe and the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise,” said Hiroyuki Miyazaki, Chief Content Officer for the Sonic Brand, SEGA of America. “She brings a quirky personality and perspective to the team dynamic, and we look forward to sharing this energetic and funny new character with the world.”

Sticks is new to Sonic’s circle of friends– actually new to friends in general– and as the most primal character in the Sonic universe, she is a force of nature in every way. Sticks is wilder than the other members of Sonic’s team with unparalleled animal instincts and extremely sharp survival skills. She’s a fearsome combatant and a tenacious hunter who’s armed with handmade weapons at all times, most notably a handmade boomerang that she keeps in tow.

Her wildness means that her social skills need plenty of work and she’s not the most trusting individual. Full of outrageous suspicions, Sticks’ instincts often prove to be accurate. While the concepts of sharing, compassion and friendship are foreign to her, Sticks has a good heart and a genuine desire to get closer to her new friends, particularly Amy, who helps Sticks adapt to civilization. Sticks and Amy quickly become best friends, with Sticks willing to go to extremes to protect her new pal, a quality that will play out through new Sonic Boom content. Her eccentric character adds an endless amount of humor and surprise to the Sonic team.

Sonic Boom - Sticks Reveal
The Sonic Boom television series, coproduced by SEGA of America Inc. and OuiDO! Productions, will debut on Cartoon Network in the U.S. and on CANAL J and GULLI in France during the 2014/2015 season. Every episode starts from a small character-driven story and explodes into an epic tale of saving the world, robot battles and more.

Serving as a prequel to the stories revealed in the TV series the Sonic Boom video games will deliver a totally different experience to previous Sonic games with collaborative gameplay at its core. Developed in the U.S by California based Big Red Button Entertainment (Wii U) and Sanzaru Games (Nintendo 3DS) in collaboration with Sonic Team, this is the third title to be released as part of an exclusive deal with Nintendo. Sonic Boom will take advantage of the innovative hardware of both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, with traditional elements of Sonic games, such as speed, also featured. The videogame will also introduce exploration, combat and a new Enerbeam tether mechanic that will allow the Sonic Boom world to be discovered in totally unique ways.

Sonic Boom will be supported by a robust global licensing and merchandising program, anchored by master toy partner TOMY. TOMY’s line will showcase the new character looks, stressing interaction between core characters, and will feature new play patterns based on both the new games and TV series. TOMY will develop a comprehensive toy range across a broad number of categories including plush, action figures, RC, role play, vehicles and novelty. Sonic fans can expect a high-quality, collectible toy line fueled by TOMY innovation and energized with speed, lights, sounds, motion-activation and action-performance.
Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life.
Old May 31st, 2014, 06:10 PM
Ghost Lunis
BOO!
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I want that pillow Lilith!
I didn't even attempt to show my son or I know I would have to find a way to order it
wet dreams are made of this trade shop
Old June 1st, 2014, 05:00 PM
Eevee
╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Eevee
D: I was hoping that was Marine! I love Marine ;___;

Old June 1st, 2014, 06:21 PM
Ghost Lunis
BOO!
Community Supporter

I wonder what that enerbeam tether is all about?
Old June 2nd, 2014, 10:26 PM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Nature: Brave
Sonic Boom between the 3ds and WiiU will be different, with the 3ds version being called "Shattered Cystal", and the Wii U being "Rise of Lyric". Which Version will you be picking up?

As it stands right now, all I have is a 3ds, so I must go with Shattered Crystal by default. If I had both systems, I'd get both. I'm looking forward to playing as Sticks, it seems her playstyle is a bit different from usual Sonic fare.

Tausch Mit Mir?: 2208-5032-7062
Proud Member of Chaos Control & Equivalent Exchange!
Outlinks:
Twitter (Main) || deviantART || Tumblr || Youtube
Twitter (RP acct 1) || Twitter (RP acct 2)

Old June 3rd, 2014, 01:00 AM
Ghost Lunis
BOO!
Community Supporter

I will be getting the 3ds version for my son and me. We don't have a wii u either.
Old June 21st, 2014, 08:41 PM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

I slept in... till 4pm. Somehow. Then again, I was up all night for whatever reason. So I woke up, and I went to get the mail... and I got a nice little package. I open it up and read the paper thing first...

And I pull out this! and I just love her, she's so cute and cuddly. A bit smaller than I thought she'd be, but hey, she's soft and nicely proportioned, and fills in a whole in my collection, up until now, I never owned a modern Amy plush, only the classic one![/S]

Outlinks:

Last edited by BakingBluePotatoe; June 22nd, 2014 at 01:34 AM. Reason: I am an idiot
Old June 21st, 2014, 09:04 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

I thought it was June 23rd as the first release of Sonic 1? Anyway, I have a new respect for Sonic in Brawl. Sure, I used him a lot, but I never really got my butt handed to me by someone else playing as him before.
Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life.
Old June 21st, 2014, 09:25 PM
Ghost Lunis
BOO!
Community Supporter

Went to Walmart last night and got my kid a new sonic shirt and shorts set, that makes his fourth one. We also got him a new sonic baseball hat. My wife and I are planning to do his birthday at the beginning of July in differing sonic themed things. She got him a blue cake. We also found a cheap knockoff of the old school Sega Genesis and whatever that old handheld device was, each one came loaded with at least 5 kinds of sonic or sonic related games. He is going to flip that day!
Old June 22nd, 2014, 01:35 AM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
I thought it was June 23rd as the first release of Sonic 1?
Upon further investigation... my god, you are correct about that, I am a total idiot. Dx

In other news, It appears as though the Sonic Movie will not be based on Boom

Outlinks:

Last edited by BakingBluePotatoe; June 22nd, 2014 at 01:43 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2014, 06:23 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Sonic cake ideas, Lunis?

Happy 23rd anniversary to Sonic!

Old June 22nd, 2014, 06:48 PM
Brolijah
Secretly Active ;3

Nature: Serious
MOTHER OF MEW-FREAKIN'-TWO!! That's an awesome cake! Also, I thought I'd mention this: SGDQ has a Sonic block on the 23rd. I wonder if that was intentional of them... [I think the last time I posted in this thread was back when my name was elija]
To kill or not to kill? That is not the question. To survive and kill. That is the answer.
Old June 22nd, 2014, 07:13 PM
Ghost Lunis
BOO!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Sonic cake ideas, Lunis?

Oh....wow! Did you do that? That's cake boss stuff right there.
Old June 23rd, 2014, 04:59 PM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Quote:
Sonic cake ideas, Lunis?

I want that cake. WHERE CAN I GET ONE!?

Outlinks:

Old July 16th, 2014, 12:41 AM
Ghost Lunis
BOO!
Community Supporter

Gah almost forgot to post a pic of my son's birthday cake.
Spoiler:

the actual cake itself was blue as well.
Old July 16th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Dark Sonic
Chaos Control!

Nature: Bold
Who's better sonic or shadow and why?

Silver is my new favorite character now he's awesome
This signature has been disabled.
your signature is slightly too tall
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Denny Hamlin; July 16th, 2014 at 09:29 PM. Reason: merging posts to keep the flow of the discussion
Old August 4th, 2014, 09:22 AM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Lunis View Post
Gah almost forgot to post a pic of my son's birthday cake.
Spoiler:

the actual cake itself was blue as well.
Aw me gawd. That's TOO CUTE! x3 I remember one year I got a birthday cake and mom put my Sonic figures on it. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sonic View Post
Who's better sonic or shadow and why?

Silver is my new favorite character now he's awesome
Uhm... better in what way, Dark Sonic?

And yes, Silver is awesome. My friend and I have an RP going, and I made Silver's Anti, Venice. x3 Instead of being from the future, he came from the past. And he LOOOVES Bananas

Outlinks:

Old August 4th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Dark Sonic
Chaos Control!

Nature: Bold
Like who's faster and stronger
This signature has been disabled.
your signature is slightly too tall
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 26th, 2014, 03:33 PM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

So... is anyone going to Sonic Boom? The convention up in NYC I mean.

GUESS WHAT THEY ANNOUNCED AJSLKDGJSDLKGJLFKDSJGDFLKJ.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/08/...nd-sonic-boom/

... and now I REALLY want to go. I've always wanted to meet Mike Pollock in person!

Outlinks:

Old 3 Weeks Ago, 07:47 PM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

SO! Sonic Boom is a week away. What, you meant he games and show are already here? No, silly, the Fan-Event of course!

I'm going to go there, and boy am I E-X-C-I-T-E-D!

Not only are the Sonic Boom VAs gonna be there, but so will Tracey Yardley! And I'm going to bring this for him to sign (Shame, my very first Sonic comic was Sonic X issue 9- which he was not involved with!)

I have noooooooo Idea what I'll bring for the others to sign though

Outlinks:

Old 1 Week Ago, 05:43 AM
Yukari Yakumo
scary luma mother
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Yukari Yakumo
Oh my.

I haven't been here in an awfully long time. About a year - so sorry about that. :x I'm Classic Sonic!

Anyway, I repurchased Sonic Unleashed - this time for the PS3 (the first time I had it for PS2) and I'm probably the only person who liked both the day and night stages in it. I can't play the day stages if my life depended on it, though. It takes me a lot of restarts to even get an A rank in one, and the controls are a lot different to the PS2. Anyone rebuy any Sonic games lately? Anyone like both the night and day stages in Sonic Unleashed? I just wanna see how many do. :p
Rosalina
vm | pm
fc | fs
pairs
family
credit
theme
Old 1 Week Ago, 07:45 AM
Ghost Lunis
BOO!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingBluePotatoe View Post
SO! Sonic Boom is a week away. What, you meant he games and show are already here? No, silly, the Fan-Event of course!

I'm going to go there, and boy am I E-X-C-I-T-E-D!

Not only are the Sonic Boom VAs gonna be there, but so will Tracey Yardley! And I'm going to bring this for him to sign (Shame, my very first Sonic comic was Sonic X issue 9- which he was not involved with!)

I have noooooooo Idea what I'll bring for the others to sign though
0.O did you have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukari Yakumo View Post
Oh my.

I haven't been here in an awfully long time. About a year - so sorry about that. :x I'm Classic Sonic!

Anyway, I repurchased Sonic Unleashed - this time for the PS3 (the first time I had it for PS2) and I'm probably the only person who liked both the day and night stages in it. I can't play the day stages if my life depended on it, though. It takes me a lot of restarts to even get an A rank in one, and the controls are a lot different to the PS2. Anyone rebuy any Sonic games lately? Anyone like both the night and day stages in Sonic Unleashed? I just wanna see how many do. :p
I purchased several of the older sonic games that were re-done onto the ds format for my kid. Sonic all-stars maybe? I can't remember the title but its neat going back and playing the old school stuff.
Old 1 Week Ago, 06:32 PM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Red Death Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Lunis View Post
0.O did you have fun
http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=18372 <<< wrote it up in the blog, with a link to twitter for pics of my adventure!

Quote:
I purchased several of the older sonic games that were re-done onto the ds format for my kid. Sonic all-stars maybe? I can't remember the title but its neat going back and playing the old school stuff.
I wanna say that's... Sonic Classic Collection?

Sonic All-Stars.... Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed? Hah, I need to play that one more, I usually only do Multiplayer with friends.

And oh yeah, at Boom, they showed a trailer for the upcoming cartoon:

November 8th, folks!

Outlinks:

Last edited by BakingBluePotatoe; 1 Week Ago at 10:08 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago, 05:33 AM
Ghost Lunis
BOO!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingBluePotatoe View Post
http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=18372 <<< wrote it up in the blog, with a link to twitter for pics of my adventure!

I wanna say that's... Sonic Classic Collection?

Sonic All-Stars.... Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed? Hah, I need to play that one more, I usually only do Multiplayer with friends.

And oh yeah, at Boom, they showed a trailer for the upcoming cartoon:

November 8th, folks!
Nice! Seems like you had a blast. Yea! It was sonic classic collection.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here