Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game
Reload this Page Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread 2012/2013/2014 Edition [READ THE FIRST POST]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Old June 28th, 2014 (05:58 AM). Edited June 28th, 2014 by rd116.

I posted this awhile back in Oct. Does anyone know what these cards may be worth? Here are pictures. The illustrator of the design, signed the card that they created.

signed pokemon cards 004.jpgsigned pokemon cards 002.JPGsigned pokemon cards 003.jpg
Thanks, Rhonda

Quote originally posted by rd116:
I am a mom, and have cards we had signed by Japanese illustrators at the TCG worlds tournament 8+ yrs ago when my son and daughter played and have no idea the value. We have 16 cards but will list a few

Pikachu Victory Medal Trainer card from Battle Road Spring 2006-2007
Charizard 6/108 power keepers
Mew ex 88/92 Legend Maker
Pichu Bros 16/17 pop 3
Pikachu Shiny 104/110 holon phantoms

Thanks, any information will be helpful.
Old June 28th, 2014 (06:59 PM).

Quote originally posted by pokemonroundhouse:
I have some of the original starter packs. I even have a shiny Venusaur. Is it worth anything?
as in unopened bootster packs? could be worth a lot depending on the type (base, fossil, jungle).

A base venusaur, depending on condition, could be worth 7-13 dollars imo
Old June 28th, 2014 (07:05 PM).

Quote originally posted by rd116:
I posted this awhile back in Oct. Does anyone know what these cards may be worth? Here are pictures. The illustrator of the design, signed the card that they created.

Attachment 72491Attachment 72492Attachment 72493
Thanks, Rhonda
I am not sure if there is an exact value since the cards appear to be somewhat unique.

If you do a quick ebay search, you can see similar cards (that are signed) going anywhere from the 300-1000's range (not sure if anyone is paying that amount though).

The mew ex card could be worth around 25-35 dollars
The victory medal cards around 4-9 dollars
The blastoise card around 5-10

However the signatures could increase (or decrease?) the value of the cards.
Old June 28th, 2014 (07:15 PM).

Quote originally posted by liam858:
Hi guys, any idea how much the Grand Party holo, and Coro Coro Shining Mew would be worth? both are near mint, not graded. Thanks.
grand party holo are listed for 150-250 on ebay. Other sites have it at $150. Not sure how much anyone would pay for it though.

Shining mew is worth anywhere between $30-45 dollars depending on condition
Old June 30th, 2014 (01:54 AM).

I recently stumbled upon my Pokemon cards, never played with them, just collected them as a "status" thing. So I am apologizing in advance for my ignorance.
Really have no idea about their worth, which I assume isn't much. Worth a check anyway!

I have a miss spelt Farfetch'd card - spelt Farfethd. It's a 2nd edition from Neo Gen 21/64.

I also have a Mewtwo, which I cant seem to find much info on. Its also a 2nd edition, from Neo Gen 20/130

Donphan - spelt Donfan 2nd edition Neo Gen 18/64

Dark Blastoise 2nd edition 20/82

Thanks!
Old July 3rd, 2014 (09:16 PM).

Good Day,

I recently dug out my old Pokemon card collection, and I've been taking an inventory of them so I can sell them (300 and counting!). I've come across a card which I cannot find anywhere I've looked online.

17/110 Ninetales (Legendary Collection), (C) 2002 Pokemon/Nintendo
It's a reverse hollow with a silver border (similar to the 56/64 Meowth gold-bordered promo card). Any ideas on how much it's worth?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer!
Old July 8th, 2014 (08:04 AM).

Quote originally posted by SunsetFirefly16:
Good Day,

I recently dug out my old Pokemon card collection, and I've been taking an inventory of them so I can sell them (300 and counting!). I've come across a card which I cannot find anywhere I've looked online.

17/110 Ninetales (Legendary Collection), (C) 2002 Pokemon/Nintendo
It's a reverse hollow with a silver border (similar to the 56/64 Meowth gold-bordered promo card). Any ideas on how much it's worth?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer!
that reverse holo ninetails is worth about $3-6 dollars
Old July 8th, 2014 (08:14 AM).

Quote originally posted by CuteFruit:
I recently stumbled upon my Pokemon cards, never played with them, just collected them as a "status" thing. So I am apologizing in advance for my ignorance.
Really have no idea about their worth, which I assume isn't much. Worth a check anyway!

I have a miss spelt Farfetch'd card - spelt Farfethd. It's a 2nd edition from Neo Gen 21/64.

I also have a Mewtwo, which I cant seem to find much info on. Its also a 2nd edition, from Neo Gen 20/130

Donphan - spelt Donfan 2nd edition Neo Gen 18/64

Dark Blastoise 2nd edition 20/82

Thanks!
The description of the cards you provided lead me to believe they are fake. Would be more helpful to post pictures

Farfetched is 43/64 and I did not see any errors for it (also, not sure where the 2nd edition came from)

The only mewtwo released for neo was Shining mewtwo (109/105). If the mewtwo card is an electric type, its fake.

Donphan i believe is also fake

The dark blastoise is worth around $1-$2.
Old July 8th, 2014 (09:05 AM).

I have a 6/108 charizard, i find the rarity thing quite complicated so ill just describe it, the word charizard is holo, and so is 120hp, and there is a holo silver star, which i would think means ultra rare but i have some silver stars which arent holo and i am therefore rather confused, i have looked this card up on ebay and i cant make sense of it, so anyone who knows what they're doing, can you give me a figure as what i'm seeing is ranging from £8.50 to around £147, so anyone who can get me an exact figure i would appreciate it greatly, the card is in good condition, not mint, but not wrecked. Thanks.
Old July 8th, 2014 (01:04 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Is this the card:

If so it's worth around £5-£7.
Old July 9th, 2014 (01:46 AM).

it doesnt looks as if that card has a holo picture of charizard, which i forgot to mention, it might have one i cant see but if not, does that mean more moneys for me? lol
Old July 9th, 2014 (09:35 AM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
Moderator, CS

Quote originally posted by Ianmalcolm99:
it doesnt looks as if that card has a holo picture of charizard, which i forgot to mention, it might have one i cant see but if not, does that mean more moneys for me? lol
The card in Liam's picture is a holo (hard to tell from the picture, but it is holo), so it's actually the same card you have. So, no, it does not mean more money for you.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old July 11th, 2014 (01:17 PM).

#1.
1. Reverse Holo Mewtwo ex
2. EX Ruby & Sapphire
3. 101/109 *

#2.
1. Holo Team Magma's Aggron
2. EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua
3. 7/95 *

#3.
1. Reverse Holo Manectric
2. EX Ruby & Sapphire
3. 39/109 *

#4.
1. Holo Ludicolo
2. Promo (There is a star with the word "PROMO" written across it).
3. 020
Old July 15th, 2014 (04:31 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
Moderator, CS

Quote originally posted by Electric Blast:
For Japanese Latias gold star 1st edition PSA 10 If you were a buyer and were interested in this card what price do you think you are willing/fair to pay and what you think others would be willing to pay in a bidding style auction?
Thanks
Me personally, nothing, because that card's way more than I could afford for a single card unless I saved for months. Otherwise, fair price is the price that was posted for it further back in the thread.

Quote originally posted by MewNine:
#1.
1. Reverse Holo Mewtwo ex
2. EX Ruby & Sapphire
3. 101/109 *
This one is actually the normal foil version and the only foil version of this particular Mewtwo ex.
It's been fetching between $5 and $10.

Quote:
#2.
1. Holo Team Magma's Aggron
2. EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua
3. 7/95 *
Team Magma's Aggron: $1 to $3.

Quote:
#3.
1. Reverse Holo Manectric
2. EX Ruby & Sapphire
3. 39/109 *
This may be reverse holo, but it's an uncommon by rarity, so it's worth somewhere between $0.25 and $0.50.

Quote:
#4.
1. Holo Ludicolo
2. Promo (There is a star with the word "PROMO" written across it).
3. 020
Ludicolo Nintendo Black Star Promo 20: $1 to $3.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old July 15th, 2014 (10:36 PM). Edited July 15th, 2014 by squiznab.

1: A set of 20 1st edition cards, all common except for ~4 uncommon
2: First edition set (dunno what it's called
3:All cards x/62
1: 1st edition Zapdos fossil
2: First edition set
3: 30/62 *
Old July 16th, 2014 (03:06 PM).

Hello first post here on the forums i hope i am posting to the right place.

I have a lot of cards from the team rocket set. All the cards i own were opened from the same box. I have a problem with one though. It has 2 problems. The card is dark charmeleon. Its holographic which is not supposed to be and the index number on the bottom right corner is 15/82 which is supposed to be an another card. All the other cards are fine. Can someone enlighten me if this is a misprint or a fake. I can post picture if needed. I did checked them and they dont seem fake to me
Old July 16th, 2014 (04:32 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
Moderator, CS

Quote originally posted by squiznab:
1: A set of 20 1st edition cards, all common except for ~4 uncommon
2: First edition set (dunno what it's called
3:All cards x/62
1: 1st edition Zapdos fossil
2: First edition set
3: 30/62 *
1. Fossil 1st Edition Commons and Uncommons: $0.50 to $1 apiece.

2. 1st Edition Fossil Zapdos 30/62: $2 to $6.

Quote originally posted by Loukas:
Hello first post here on the forums i hope i am posting to the right place.

I have a lot of cards from the team rocket set. All the cards i own were opened from the same box. I have a problem with one though. It has 2 problems. The card is dark charmeleon. Its holographic which is not supposed to be and the index number on the bottom right corner is 15/82 which is supposed to be an another card. All the other cards are fine. Can someone enlighten me if this is a misprint or a fake. I can post picture if needed. I did checked them and they dont seem fake to me
There is no record of such an error ever existing as far as I can tell... I have suspicions that it's a fake. Mind posting a picture up as an attachment to your next post in this thread?

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old July 16th, 2014 (04:48 PM).

Quote originally posted by donavannj:
1. Fossil 1st Edition Commons and Uncommons: $0.50 to $1 apiece.

2. 1st Edition Fossil Zapdos 30/62: $2 to $6.

There is no record of such an error ever existing as far as I can tell... I have suspicions that it's a fake. Mind posting a picture up as an attachment to your next post in this thread?
Err i cannot send links cause i have yet to complete 15 posts. I there another way to send you the image? Or to post the pic here?

Edit: Nvm i found the attachments
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0202.jpg‎ (1,018.0 KB, 8 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old July 16th, 2014 (04:51 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
Moderator, CS

Err i cannot send links cause i have yet to complete 15 posts. I there another way to send you the image? Or to post the pic here?
Yes. Click the "Post Reply" button, and that will bring you to the full post editor. In the buttons on that page, there should be a button that looks like a paper clip. Click that button, which should bring up the Manage Attachments window, and then upload the picture as an attachment.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old July 16th, 2014 (04:54 PM).

Yes. Click the "Post Reply" button, and that will bring you to the full post editor. In the buttons on that page, there should be a button that looks like a paper clip. Click that button, which should bring up the Manage Attachments window, and then upload the picture as an attachment.
Yeah found it the pic its in my previous post thanks
Old July 16th, 2014 (05:48 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
Moderator, CS

Yeah found it :) the pic its in my previous post thanks:)
Yeah, that looks like a fake. Dark Charmeleon was never a holo, and the fact that you can see a holo ring pretty clearly on the parts of the card that are not the picture pretty much give it away as fake. Well, that and the wrong collector's number on the card.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old July 17th, 2014 (12:28 AM).

Yeah, that looks like a fake. Dark Charmeleon was never a holo, and the fact that you can see a holo ring pretty clearly on the parts of the card that are not the picture pretty much give it away as fake. Well, that and the wrong collector's number on the card.
Is there a way to be 100% sure? Maybe post some of the other cards of the set? They came from the same box and they all have the correct numbers and stuff.
Old July 17th, 2014 (02:26 AM).

Quote originally posted by ads_2006:
The description of the cards you provided lead me to believe they are fake. Would be more helpful to post pictures

Farfetched is 43/64 and I did not see any errors for it (also, not sure where the 2nd edition came from)

The only mewtwo released for neo was Shining mewtwo (109/105). If the mewtwo card is an electric type, its fake.

Donphan i believe is also fake

The dark blastoise is worth around $1-$2.
Thanks ads_2006 for your reply! I did more digging right after I posted that, and sure enough they are fake. Here I was thinking I had a goldmine! Hehe! Guess I wasn't such a smart kid at collecting them!
Thanks for your help anyway!

Old July 17th, 2014 (09:05 PM).

Worth of PSA 10 graded Japanese Crystal Crobat. Only 3 in existence.
Old July 17th, 2014 (10:28 PM).

Quote originally posted by bryanhsu123:
Worth of PSA 10 graded Japanese Crystal Crobat. Only 3 in existence.
Not sure, pretty hard to nail down because of the PSA grade and none being available on ebay.

is yours first edition?

if so, than it may be worth anywhere from $150 - $230. Thats some of the prices I saw on ebay. IDK if a person would be willing to pay that, but it's an estimate i guess. However, those were for a PSA 9 and ungraded "mint". So, with yours being a PSA 10, it could be more towards the $230 range or a little higher.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)