Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 8th, 2014, 03:00 AM
Poke_Spirit

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
it seems this project is dead...
Old June 8th, 2014, 10:20 AM
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke_Spirit View Post
it seems this project is dead...
You're not helping by saying this. Plus something this intricate takes time, so either don't say anything at all or support.
Old June 8th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
From what I was told, he is rewriting the application, so that'll take him some time.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old June 16th, 2014, 09:35 PM
casey321123

when i try to load a game (so far heart gold and pokemon white) i get an error that says it cant find a banner.bin file. im on windows XP
Old June 17th, 2014, 01:34 AM
Tao Dragon

Nature: Lonely
Oh! A DS map editor. It was here since 2012 but I didn't notice it until now. I haven't been in pokecommunity for long and I just started to ROM hack like a month ago using advance map. Frankly there are so many fields were you can elaborate on that it's kind of overwhelming. I still have not mastered anything. I do maps but sometimes I get stuck because I just don't start editing tilesets and stuff and I wish I could just add sprites and new tiles instead of replacing existing ones and also I wish I could create new headers for each new map I can make. There are a few that are not in use within the game but that is just not enough. Going on topic. I'm actually ecxited about the idea of being able to create maps in DS pokemon games. I would really like to hack a black 2 rom. The question is will I have trouble using this tool? Like I imagine something that I want to do and suddenly I'm going to be unable to make it because of program limitaions? Because what I seek to do is add regions to the default existing region. In Black 2 being Unova. For example I want to recreate the Hoenn region with using gen 5.2's graphics. Is this program at that stage where I can freely edit maps of gen 5 and create scripts? I know this might be hard work but I can only imagine all the effort that is being put in this program. I just want to make sure that there won't be any surprises were I suddenly have to stop what I'm doing because of an issue. Maybe I should test it. But answers could also help before I take this decision.
3DS Friend Code: 4012 - 4565 - 2182
3DS IGN: Raymond
Pokemon X IGN: Calem
Vivillon: Archipelago
Friend Safari Type:
Friend Safari Pokemon: Pumpkaboo, Dusclops, Lampent
Old June 20th, 2014, 05:32 AM
†Nømura

Hi Spiky, this tool is awesome and I've tried to use it for a project I've got in mind.

However, something strange occurs. I edited Header 107's (Mt.Moon Main Floor) Texture 1 field replacing it's value with the one of Cerulean Cave, since I wanted Mt.Moon to use Cerulean Cave's tileset. I made sure I pressed enter when writing the value and saved the header.

But when I test in-game, the map has still got it's original tileset, even though SDSME shows the map's header with the new value /:

www.hackromsacademy.forumcommunity.net
Old June 23rd, 2014, 12:07 AM
KJGungeon
Rom-hacker, & Researcher

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Nømura View Post
Hi Spiky, this tool is awesome and I've tried to use it for a project I've got in mind.

However, something strange occurs. I edited Header 107's (Mt.Moon Main Floor) Texture 1 field replacing it's value with the one of Cerulean Cave, since I wanted Mt.Moon to use Cerulean Cave's tileset. I made sure I pressed enter when writing the value and saved the header.

But when I test in-game, the map has still got it's original tileset, even though SDSME shows the map's header with the new value /:
It's not that, you can't edit the tileset like that. Your gonna have to change textures internally, by using MKDS Editor/Modifier Latest. Or you can extract the tileset file and change the texture names using hex. I wish there was an easier way doing this, but using MKDS is the easiest.
KJGungeon Ace

CLASS: PKMN Master

TSV: 2566

FC: 5000-3027-7289
IGN: Naas Ej
FS: ???
Old July 6th, 2014, 11:19 AM
mikelan98
Bendiciones y buenas noches

The script command "008B" may be named "SetGivedPokemonMove". For example:

Code:
GiveStoredPokemon 0xPokemonNumber 0x?? 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x800C
008B 0x8005 0x0 0xFirstMoveNumber
008B 0x8005 0x1 0xSecondMoveNumber (Optional)
008B 0x8005 0x2 0xThirdMoveNumber (Optional)
008B 0x8005 0x3 0xFourthMoveNumber (Optional)
This script is used, for example, in HGSS, when you receive the Dratini with Extreme Speed.
Old July 12th, 2014, 10:23 AM
†Nømura

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJGungeon View Post
It's not that, you can't edit the tileset like that. Your gonna have to change textures internally, by using MKDS Editor/Modifier Latest. Or you can extract the tileset file and change the texture names using hex. I wish there was an easier way doing this, but using MKDS is the easiest.
Yes, but this would make every map using that tileset file have the new textures, while I want only Mt.Moon and Cerulean Cave to display them. Is that possible?

www.hackromsacademy.forumcommunity.net
Old July 25th, 2014, 07:22 PM
KJGungeon
Rom-hacker, & Researcher

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Nømura View Post
Yes, but this would make every map using that tileset file have the new textures, while I want only Mt.Moon and Cerulean Cave to display them. Is that possible?
I know how to add a new texture line to the tileset files, the only problem is that you have to find time hex editing the maps obj files that have those textures. Edit the map.obj with hex editor and find texture name. You can change the name of the textures you see to the tileset's texture. It will only affect the map.obj you selected. If I can make a tut on how to add a new texture to the tileset file, you can use those new texture names on maps you only want textures to appear in.
(remember map.obj textures must have the same names as the tilesets in order to show.)

Sorry I made this very fast, and I'm not an active user because I'm a full time student, and part time worker. If you need help or more tips, just pm me or other guys who does nds rom hacking around here.

I'm also making a program that can edit the textures and its name using something like paint. By attaching an obj, you can see the textures it has. I'm not sure what else is needed, but I will have a release plan for it.
(It means that you can select an obj map file, and tileset file that goes with the map. Then edit them or add new texture without the use of hex editing.)

Because of this program I haven't been on hacking other areas of the NDS Rom, since I plan to solo this project out. I'm still learning the use of how to program with C+ and other stuff. But I'm getting there.

Goodluck RomHackers!
KJGungeon Ace

CLASS: PKMN Master

TSV: 2566

FC: 5000-3027-7289
IGN: Naas Ej
FS: ???

Last edited by KJGungeon; July 25th, 2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old August 1st, 2014, 02:22 AM
mikelan98
Bendiciones y buenas noches

The SDSME makes the HGSS arm9 incompatible for r4 and similar. And the map headers are in arm9.bin
Old August 9th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Evil Goku

Nature: Naughty
Hello Guys i just need a small help
My game Pokemon Platinum V1.0A EU
I can't find script for Text 379
Could you Help Me Please am finding too But Fail
Thanks in Advance
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky Anime Episodes???
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 12:17 PM
emelian65

Hello, I want to know how to add a rematchable N on the Top of Celestial Tower, after beating Alder... can someone explain me or direct me to a place/thread/post/etc. of how can i do this? Please?

I also want to know if it's possible with this tool?

I couldn't open the trainer editor, is this normal?

Last edited by emelian65; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:18 PM.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 07:29 AM
GlaciaTaso

Hi,Spiky.
I am looking forward to version 1.9.0.
Your tool helps me a lot to edit maps.
So please don't stop developing SDSME.
This is a example.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJnIpUS9QG4

Last edited by GlaciaTaso; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:26 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here