Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Reload this Page [Tool] Tilemap Creator

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 26th, 2014 (12:54 PM).
miko-san
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
@tenebr050: Thanks, pal. I can't believe I missed that.
Old August 8th, 2014 (09:46 AM). Edited August 8th, 2014 by Danny0317.
deez nuts!!!1!!!1!!!1!!
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Hi! I really like this tool, but sadly, it has an error that NTME also has (although not as bad, and actually makes things a bit easier).
Okay, so you know how in NTME, you can import your tileset and then the sphere file as the tilemap, and it loads everything perfectly so that all you have to do is save it as a .raw? However, that has an error when trying it with 8BPP, so I decided to try the tool, and see if that would fix it. However this happened. It's no biggie, I just think it could make stuff like this easier if it's fixed. (If I didn't explain myself correctly, I mean it doesn't build itself like in NTME, but again, no big deal, just think it would be better if it did ^__^)

god damn it danny, another hack?
Old August 8th, 2014 (10:36 AM).
miko-san
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Dark Sneasel:
Hi! I really like this tool, but sadly, it has an error that NTME also has (although not as bad, and actually makes things a bit easier).
Okay, so you know how in NTME, you can import your tileset and then the sphere file as the tilemap, and it loads everything perfectly so that all you have to do is save it as a .raw? However, that has an error when trying it with 8BPP, so I decided to try the tool, and see if that would fix it. However this happened. It's no biggie, I just think it could make stuff like this easier if it's fixed. (If I didn't explain myself correctly, I mean it doesn't build itself like in NTME, but again, no big deal, just think it would be better if it did ^__^)
Yeah, I'm not really understanding what your problem is, other than the obvious. What did you do that screws it up (you're not very clear)?
Every time I've loaded a .rmp with the tool, it's worked.
Old August 8th, 2014 (10:49 AM).
deez nuts!!!1!!!1!!!1!!
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by itari:
Yeah, I'm not really understanding what your problem is, other than the obvious. What did you do that screws it up (you're not very clear)?
Every time I've loaded a .rmp with the tool, it's worked.
It's not much of a problem, really, just makes things more time consuming. When loading an .rmp (8BPP) it doesn't seem to do what happens with NTME in 4BPP (you don't have to build it tile by tile) since 8BPP doesn't work there. If you don't understand/I'm not explaining myself properly I can make a quick video

Old August 8th, 2014 (10:54 AM).
miko-san
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Dark Sneasel:
It's not much of a problem, really, just makes things more time consuming. When loading an .rmp (8BPP) it doesn't seem to do what happens with NTME in 4BPP (you don't have to build it tile by tile) since 8BPP doesn't work there. If you don't understand/I'm not explaining myself properly I can make a quick video
Actually, making a video would be great help. Do you mean the .rmp map is 8BPP, or my program?
Old August 8th, 2014 (11:10 AM).
deez nuts!!!1!!!1!!!1!!
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by itari:
Actually, making a video would be great help. Do you mean the .rmp map is 8BPP, or my program?

There, sorry about the really bad quality. Anyways, what I did was the thing with the rmp file, this time 4BPP, opened the tileset, then the tilemap, and it loaded perfectly. Now I was wondering if you could make that for 8BPP, since trying that in NTME will give you an error.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)