Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 27th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Erkin

Advertise here
Could you please provide a detailed document with the download that tells us exactly which new abilities and moves have been added?
Old June 28th, 2014, 11:28 AM
nemesish
Azure Trainer

Question:
I want to expand the rom I'm working with for a project.
Should I apply the patch before doing it or after?
This signature has been disabled.
Spoilers are not allowed in signatures.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by nemesish; June 28th, 2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old June 28th, 2014, 12:44 PM
SuperEspeon
Sinnohbaby

AMazing! Would you mind if I used this base for a Rom Hack of mine? Credit is given where due!
Old June 28th, 2014, 03:20 PM
DJTiKi
The Pokémon Idealist

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to DJTiKi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperEspeon View Post
AMazing! Would you mind if I used this base for a Rom Hack of mine? Credit is given where due!
Everyone's allowed. You don't need permission, just give credit. I think it was already stated in the thread.

Got a knack in Hacking? Then you should probably click that picture. I'm still waiting....sooooooo nice weather isn't it?.

Links For All The Things:
DJTiKi's Guide To Planning Your Awesome ROM Hack! Planning For Dummies
The Idea Exchange Thread- Inspiring Bigger Things!
A (Very) Short Dictionary To ROM Hacking Lingo!
Old July 5th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Prixy
The Vulpix

Nature: Impish
First, thank you very much for Decapitalization!

Being somewhat of a grammar officer this is one of the biggest issues for me when I'm trying to make a hack. I would have had to edit tens of thousands of scripts to remove every capitalized name from the dialogue, but that still leaves Menus and a few events that I don't know how to reach within A-Map. This is a great weight off my mind, even if that were it's only purpose!

Second, Fairy type is amazing! This will help me create a more entertaining world regardless of the story.

Finally, a question. In the bugs section you mention that Charming Cry's animation caused the game to restart, but in a later post you said that this had been fixed in version 1.4a, which is currently available.
I am curious as to whether the bug hadn't been properly fixed, if the bug was a different one, or if you simply forgot to remove it from the bugs section.

Perhaps we will have a bug free version in the next weeks or months. I look forward to it.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day,
~Prixy
~Lost in fields of fire and flowers~

Old July 6th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Z-nogyroP

This is a very interesting patch, and very useful as well. I'm definitely going to use this in a hack I'm working on.

Something to note- firstly, I have a Butterfree with Tinted Lens, and when a move is resisted, it doesn't display the "it's not very effective" message even though in vanilla games, the message appears when a Tinted Lens Pokemon uses a NVE attack. (Though the attack itself is still boosted in terms of damage.) The ability works fine and it's a small thing, but perhaps something to be fixed in a later update.

A second thing, decidedly much stranger. I have a Snorlax in a Fire Red ROM that has your patch applied (so it's vanilla with your patch), and I'm fighting some bikers. Snorlax uses Strength- power 80- and its damage is vastly outstripped by Body Slam, power 85. And I mean, Body Slam typically deals 25% more than Strength. The same thing happens with my Pidgeot when its Secret Power- power 70- does more damage to a given Pokemon than Fly, power 90. Something about the HM moves seems to be weakening them, and I'm not sure why.

Also, you missed a few gen 5 buffs- specifically Bullet Seed is still 10 power and Fly was 70 until I manually changed it.

Finally, it mentions in the errorlog that attack-boosting items and moves don't work- it fails to mention that attack lowering moves also fail (FeatherDance, Intimidate, etc) and Guts doesn't seem to be working either. Neither does Sheer Force for that matter. (Though it might just be my bad judgement at figuring out how much damage an attack will do.)

Very useful patch, thank you for making it! Hopefully you'll iron out all the bugs soon.
Old July 6th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Anvils Alive
タテボーシ

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-nogyroP View Post
Finally, it mentions in the errorlog that attack-boosting items and moves don't work- it fails to mention that attack lowering moves also fail (FeatherDance, Intimidate, etc) and Guts doesn't seem to be working either. Neither does Sheer Force for that matter. (Though it might just be my bad judgement at figuring out how much damage an attack will do.)
I think you have to look for 41ED0308 (As in the hex string), and change 41 to 49. I believe that'll sort things out.

Off-topic, but hello to a fellow Nuzlockite!
Yo.
3DS Friend Code: 2208-4585-5395
Vivillon pattern: Modern

Old July 7th, 2014, 09:04 PM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

Nature: Gentle
Hey i was searching for a new rombase exactly like this. I got it now thank you for your kind work.
Old July 14th, 2014, 08:46 AM
TheCurryGuy

could i use this in a rom that has a tileset rombase applied
?

currently working on

Old July 14th, 2014, 11:28 AM
DJTiKi
The Pokémon Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanayChitre View Post
could i use this in a rom that has a tileset rombase applied
?
I did the same thing, so you can. Make sure to apply THIS rombase first, or the tiles will be screwed up.

Got a knack in Hacking? Then you should probably click that picture. I'm still waiting....sooooooo nice weather isn't it?.

Old July 15th, 2014, 03:25 AM
TheCurryGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTiKi View Post
I did the same thing, so you can. Make sure to apply THIS rombase first, or the tiles will be screwed up.
Oh.. But I already made a map.. any suggestions to how I can use that map AND this ROM base?

currently working on

Old July 15th, 2014, 07:32 AM
DJTiKi
The Pokémon Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanayChitre View Post
Oh.. But I already made a map.. any suggestions to how I can use that map AND this ROM base?
Save your map, goto File > Map > Save as. Afterwards, apply the patch to a clean rom, then add the rombase. Then goto File > Map > Open and insert it somewhere.

Old July 15th, 2014, 02:20 PM
GOLDstandard
GoldStandard

Nature: Bold
Question:
What's the address of the new move particle table?
i couldn't find it in the read me
Pokemon is fun
Old July 15th, 2014, 05:48 PM
SLKMUGEN

Nature: Docile
Call me an idiot but is there any way I can get this patch to work with Advanced Map 1.95?

Cool resource by the way.
Teams (Original ones unfortunately lost):
http://pastebin.com/gWL4HcWd
Old July 23rd, 2014, 12:55 AM
Prixy
The Vulpix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
Bugs:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
- Weather Abilities cause the game to freeze when they are switched in
- Regenerator does some odd things in certain situations
- Sand Force may cause bugs when switched in
- Magic Bounce can cause errors when used by opposing Pokemon in Trainer battles
- Substitute is occasionally bypassed by moves that shouldn't bypass it
- Toxic Spikes can set 3 layers (though the third layer does nothing)

- Attack raising moves and items such as Swords Dance and X Attack don't do anything
- Choice Scarf may reduce the Sp. Atk stat
- A few moves do not have their correct effects
- The Life Orb, Rocky Helmet and Black Sludge are not fully implemented yet
- Flash Cannon's animation causes the game to freeze on hardware and GBA4IOS
- Charming Cry's animation causes the game to restart

Changelog:
[SPOILER]Version 1.5
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
- Added Gen V and VI style Egg moves!
- Added new moves Shift Gear, Geomancy, Flower Shield, Rototiller and Aromatic Mist
- The patch should now work better with G3HS
- Improved many Gen IV, V and VI move effects

- Fixed a bug with attack boosts (Thanks to aidane154 for reporting it)
- Fixed bugs with Victory Star
- Improved Play Rough's animation (Credits to Tlachtli for his Emerald animation which I ported)
- Fixed Charming Cry's animation
- Added new Pokeballs (Credits to Daniils for his tutorial, note that Dusk ball won't directly work because there is no RTC in the patch)
In response to the bold text: Have these bugs been fixed and the "Bugs:" section wasn't updated, or do the bugs still exist and there were previous issues that have already been fixed?

I am already using this patch in a hack that I'm working on (very early stages) so I'm curious as to whether or not I should add a note in game about this. (Still trying to find a way to do so without breaking immersion, any tips?)

Regardless, thank you so much for creating this awesome patch! I'm really annoyed at all the capitalization in ROMs so this patch really makes a difference for me! Thank you!

Old July 23rd, 2014, 05:15 AM
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Prixy View Post
In response to the bold text: Have these bugs been fixed and the "Bugs:" section wasn't updated, or do the bugs still exist and there were previous issues that have already been fixed?

I am already using this patch in a hack that I'm working on (very early stages) so I'm curious as to whether or not I should add a note in game about this. (Still trying to find a way to do so without breaking immersion, any tips?)

Regardless, thank you so much for creating this awesome patch! I'm really annoyed at all the capitalization in ROMs so this patch really makes a difference for me! Thank you!
It's fixed but hasn't been updated. The changelog is just to let people know of the changes that will be coming once I release it.

If you want the fix now just search for the hex string 49 ED 03 08 in a hex editor of your choosing and replace the 49 with 41.
Old July 23rd, 2014, 02:27 PM
Prixy
The Vulpix

Quote:
It's fixed but hasn't been updated. The changelog is just to let people know of the changes that will be coming once I release it.

If you want the fix now just search for the hex string 49 ED 03 08 in a hex editor of your choosing and replace the 49 with 41.
I see, thank you very much! I was a bit worried with the attack boost bug, since I use stat changing moves a lot, to make up for my level being so low (makes the game more interesting lol) so I wanted to make sure that it would work, else I would have to do some extra training to make up for it. With this fix, I won't have to worry. Thank you again!

I don't mean to bug, but do you know when you are going to release the next version? I'm in no hurry, but I figure it might be nice for others if they didn't have to add the latest fix manually.

Truly, I can't thank you enough, even just for Decap! Having this patch is truly amazing! And the hack I'm working on right now makes use of over half of those features in the core plot of the game, including a Fairy type starter!

So thank you once again for this amazing ROM base, and keep up the wonderful work! It's great to have people like you around, making days, possibly weeks of work and removing it altogether with a single patch!

Old July 24th, 2014, 12:42 AM
Phazon Elemental
luck and pluck

Thanks for posting the bug fix. Hopefully there's some fairly similar easy fix for Sand Rush and the weather abilities (i.e. the ones that are pretty much game-breaking), but it doesn't seem like anyone knows yet.

Speaking of Version 1.5: Which new balls are going to be added? Just the gen IV ones that are now standard? Are the HGSS ones added in, too?

Or are we just gonna have to wait and see?
In-game name: Coatlicue
3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
Old July 24th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Anvils Alive
タテボーシ

Quote:

When I first searched for 49 ED 03 08, it didn't show up. Maybe you might want to switch 49 and 41 around. Otherwise, this. :V
Yo.

Old July 24th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Prixy
The Vulpix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvils Alive View Post
When I first searched for 49 ED 03 08, it didn't show up. Maybe you might want to switch 49 and 41 around. Otherwise, this. :V
I was a bit skeptical with this fix at first, so I tested a few things before applying the mentioned fix. Sure enough, attack boosts did NOTHING.

I searched and found it without issue, and after changing it around, I was able to boost my attack enough that I ohko a level 14 Magikarp with a level 2 Charmander (Slash and Sword Dance) Which before took like 13 hits lol.

Are you sure you are using a BPRE (Fire Red V 1.0) ROM?

Also, have you applied any changes? This can only be added to a clean ROM, and it has to be applied before any other patches (As far as I know, there might be exceptions. MrDollSteak, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Old July 27th, 2014, 12:01 PM
iv0

Nice resource! I'm was using in my edited rom and I don't have any problem with compatibility. Thanks very much fort this!!!!

Old July 27th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Anvils Alive
タテボーシ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Prixy View Post
I searched and found it without issue, and after changing it around, I was able to boost my attack enough that I ohko a level 14 Magikarp with a level 2 Charmander (Slash and Sword Dance) Which before took like 13 hits lol.

Are you sure you are using a BPRE (Fire Red V 1.0) ROM?
I definitely am. It's just that 49 ED 03 08 can't be found after you apply the patch to a clean BPRE rom.
Yo.

Old July 27th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Prixy
The Vulpix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvils Alive View Post
I definitely am. It's just that 49 ED 03 08 can't be found after you apply the patch to a clean BPRE rom.
I found it using some random Hex Editor I downloaded for the occasion. It's weird, because I found it without issue.

Does anyone know if different Hex Editors interpret the data in unique ways? I ask also because I've been trying to edit text via hex editing, and I just can't find any coherent words in the hex data, which leads me to believe that perhaps the hex has somehow been misinterpreted.

EDIT: I've tried using a patched ROM, and then a clean ROM, and both times the hex editor cannot find CANCEL or the hex equivalent. (I was trying to use Anti-Exploud, which provided the hex equivalent, but couldn't actually change anything)

Old July 30th, 2014, 06:15 PM
romancandle

I've tinkered with the Special Stats of a Charmander (up to 190, which jumped his Sp. Att from 20 to 49), yet the damage to a Geodude with Ember did not increase AND got weaker when it used Defense Curl.

Special Attacks just don't seem to be treated like Special Attacks, even with the correct byte set to 01.

Edit: Unless I overwrote it with sprites (which I would be surprised), I didn't make any changes to the patch.
Old July 30th, 2014, 07:53 PM
RaileysXerilyasRX
The Superior of In-Between

Send a message via Skype™ to RaileysXerilyasRX
Quote:

What does it fix dude? Well, I just want to fix the weather ability, sand force switch, and stat boosting for a while. PM me if wanted. The patch is really impressive dude. I've already used that in my hack now waiting for 1.5. Keep up the good work dude! Just PM me the fixes for those I mentioned.
RaileysXerilyasRX
"Light is one peaceful thing. Darkness is one dangerous thing. However, many fears from the darkness. The reality is everyone has his or her own darkness. You cannot have the light without the darkness. The good thing why the darkness is in you: It is because the darkness wants you to control it."
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here