Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page [Demo] Pokemon Reborn

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old August 4th, 2014 (09:42 AM).
OldGamer

I want to start off by saying I just created an account just to comment in this particular game. I quit playing Pokemon like a decade ago (last game I played of Pokemon being Ruby) because I always was complaining how the game was easy and the story being linear (start with a starter, beat gyms and become champion); Not even the new Pokemon from the sequels could keep me going buying another game.

I always envisioned how a Pokemon game would look like if everything was loss, the world was in chaos and it was just me and Sneasel (being my favorite Pokemon). You started has an unknown individual (in some forest) and has you progress in the story you have flashback of who you are, what happened to you and eventually why the world came to be. It was hardcore story including death of main characters, it was basically a M-Rated game if it ever got release has an video game (wrote the whole story years ago in a journal, I probably still have the journal somewhere). Anyway, got somewhat off track there, got this e-mail with an old friend (who stills plays Pokemon) sending me to this forum and telling me (your envisioned of Pokemon comes true!!).

Nonetheless I try the game after 2 weeks I got the e-mail since I really couldn't believe someone would have something close to my ideal... Nothing close to my ideal but damn enjoyable.

The game isn't easy, I had to retry about 17 times to finally beat the 1st Gym, there was even 1 time a random battle from a fisherman with a Lv. 10 Goldeen wipe my team out with supersonic lol. The structure of the game (Triggering events to catch certain Pokemon is something I never seen) is done so well I can't believe this is fan-made. The soundtrack is top class, hearing it reminds me of my days back in Pokemon Crystal. The story has me hook so far, I really want to see where you guys take this. When I saw my Budew evolve to Roselia I seriously flip out lol. All these new Pokemon I don't know about, a little research could fix that but I want to feel the game fresh so I probably do that when I finish the whole game. I better encounter Sneasel soon....or we got problems :D. The game is hard, interesting story, and outstanding soundtrack what more I can ask.

I'm aware the game is still unfinished so I hope you guys keep giving you all on working on it especially that story....I want to see where you guys are going to take it; I can't believe I'm back playing Pokemon after 10 years. I like to said thank you for reviving my young with Pokemon.

PS I'm about to fight the 2nd Gym
Team being: Panpour Lv.22 , Roselia Lv.22 , Noibat Lv. 22 , Braixen Lv.25 (I'm closing my fingers that Noibat evolves soon; same with Panpour)

PSS I seem to be encountering some Frame Drops problem when I'm in a certain spot of the map (the game lags), IDK if it's my PC or game.
Old August 4th, 2014 (06:11 PM).
Bowlstir
Media Arts and Game Development

Nature: Adamant
Awesome game, still showing my support.

Old August 29th, 2014 (08:32 AM).
Suchanut02

Dose anyone know where Ralts is? The place it was before now has Gothita.
Old August 29th, 2014 (11:05 AM).
nemesish
Azure Trainer

Quote originally posted by Suchanut02:
Dose anyone know where Ralts is? The place it was before now has Gothita.
Currently you can get it post-9th gym (Noel).
Forgot how because i got mine on an earlier episode.

Pokemon Raptor - Pokemon Island - Pokemon Rejuvenation - Pokemon Zeta/Omicron/Insurgence

Hacks I support:
Eccentric Emerald - Emerald Omega - Fire Red 251+ - Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Old August 29th, 2014 (11:02 PM).
Lost Lore
From the Shadows

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by nemesish:
Currently you can get it post-9th gym (Noel).
Forgot how because i got mine on an earlier episode.
Actually it's after Aya:
Spoiler:
You need the Magnet Powder from the dark room in Blacksteam Factory. You also need to find the Corrupted Poke Ball hidden in a wall in the Underground Railnet. Then take both of those to the Poke Ball shop (Critical Capture, was it?) in Obsidia Ward.

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)
~*~*~

~*~*~
Icon credits.
Old August 30th, 2014 (07:38 AM).
nemesish
Azure Trainer

Quote originally posted by Lost Lore:
Actually it's after Aya:
Spoiler:
You need the Magnet Powder from the dark room in Blacksteam Factory. You also need to find the Corrupted Poke Ball hidden in a wall in the Underground Railnet. Then take both of those to the Poke Ball shop (Critical Capture, was it?) in Obsidia Ward.
There was one at Blcksteam?
I had bought one at 7th street.

Maybe that was becaise i upgraded from an earlier episode.

Pokemon Raptor - Pokemon Island - Pokemon Rejuvenation - Pokemon Zeta/Omicron/Insurgence

Hacks I support:
Old August 30th, 2014 (08:03 AM).
ReddestDream

FYI, Episode 13 should be coming next week:

Amethyst: "To put an end to the eternal flow of 'when is E13 going to be released' questions, we're looking at within the first week of September."

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9569

Old September 5th, 2014 (05:54 PM).
zoroarkrules25

First off, finally caught up on this. Amazing game! But i have just one question: IS beldum still available in this version? Because i can't find him.
Old September 6th, 2014 (12:58 AM).
brianwee2012

he is still available in the game, just that getting it is rather tricky.

Spoiler:

1. Heal up in Aya's house in the wastelands.
2. Get 1 pokemon that can 1 shot a bouffalant in route 1. (Preferrably a "glass canon" that is really easily killed.
3. Heal up in Aya's house and prepare for route 1.
4. Go to route 1 and get on a tauros.
5. Get your pokemon killed and black out while on the tauros.
6. You will respawn in the wastelands with tauros.
7. Go to the place where the mudkip was using shortcuts and find the unreachable ledge without the tauros.
8. Jump up the ledge with the tauros, and profit at the end of the cave.
9. CATCH IT IF YOU CAN.../

There you go!
Old September 6th, 2014 (10:17 AM).
ReddestDream

Episode 13 is out!

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9708

Old September 6th, 2014 (11:08 AM).
zoroarkrules25

Quote originally posted by brianwee2012:
he is still available in the game, just that getting it is rather tricky.

Spoiler:

1. Heal up in Aya's house in the wastelands.
2. Get 1 pokemon that can 1 shot a bouffalant in route 1. (Preferrably a "glass canon" that is really easily killed.
3. Heal up in Aya's house and prepare for route 1.
4. Go to route 1 and get on a tauros.
5. Get your pokemon killed and black out while on the tauros.
6. You will respawn in the wastelands with tauros.
7. Go to the place where the mudkip was using shortcuts and find the unreachable ledge without the tauros.
8. Jump up the ledge with the tauros, and profit at the end of the cave.
9. CATCH IT IF YOU CAN.../

There you go!
thanks, but i can only find two caves there, the garbodor one an the one where you get put on the otherside(which tauros runs from) so if possible could you pm a screenshot of whre to go from there? Anyway, pumped to play episode 13 later.
Old September 16th, 2014 (03:05 PM).
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Quote originally posted by ligerre:
Hey ame my save file become corrupted. Is there anyway to fix it?
If the save file can be opened to a map, I can probably fix it. If not, there's nothing I can do. Really sorry!

Quote originally posted by darksteelix52:
are the movepools changed at all or are they the same? like is the female meowstic still have the more offensive movepool then the male one?
Everything should be the same to canon games, so feel free to use resources like Serebii and Bulbapedia.

Also I -really- need to get better at keeping up here.
Thanks (Lost/Reddest/brian/etc) for holding down the fort while I'm derping around and whatnot.

Anyway, as was mentioned, Episode 13 is out! Like before, I wanted to wait to post here until I was sure the public release was stable.

IMPORTANT: 
Before updating to Episode 13, make sure you are NOT saved outdoors in any of the following locations:
  • Reborn City
  • Agate Circus
  • Chrysolia Forest
  • Rocky areas of Route 2 (Grassy areas are OK)

Aside from that, enjoy! The download link is below the changelist:

Spoiler:
#==============================================================================#
Notable Changes:
#==============================================================================#
* Some shiny Pokemon have been recoloured- this will be an ongoing process
All 1st, 2nd & 6th gen Pokemon
* The Crit Chance table has been updated to 6th gen
* The following abilities have been added, fixed or technically improved in some way:
Mega Launcher Fairy Aura Dark Aura Aura Break
Pixilate Effect Spore Gooey Defiant
Competitive
* The following moves have been added, fixed or technically improved in some way:
Snarl Knock Off Low Sweep String Shot
Toxic Spiky Shield Sticky Web Hurricane
Camouflage Topsy-Turvy Forest's Curse Trick-or-Treat
Assist
* The following items have been added, fixed or technically improved in some way:
Shell Bell Binding Band
* The following areas have been modified to reduce lag:
Reborn City
Chrysolia Forest
Route 2/Agate Circus
* Ability, move and Pokedex descriptions have been adjusted to fit in-game space
* A team of interior designers has visited the region to spruce up previously bland homes
* The Department Store has revamped its selection and flooring. All sticker events have been reset, as well as on-hand stickers have been returned to 0. The highest reachable floor is now currently 9F.
* TV programs can now be skipped before-hand
* A library has been added to the Beryl Ward. The second floor of the library is the 'Battle Study', featuring descriptions of all currently existing field effects.
* The level cap for each badge step is now listed on the Trainer Card
* Trapping move damage has been updated to 6th gen
* Ultra Potions have been added to the game, healing 120 HP per use.
* Pokesnax can now be fed to party Pokemon, increasing happiness a small amount.
* The PC bug that occasionally deleted held Pokemon has been fixed.
* EV and HP-type control has been added for trainers
* Night has been brightened and weather systems, specifically sun and thunderstorms, have been made less intense.
* Transforming or destroying any Field Effect now grants a x1.3 power bonus.
* Attacks with less than a x0.25 effectiveness no longer become completely ineffective.
* AI changes: A work in progress. These are experimental, and more will come in future releases
Trainers will now properly use custom healing items, such as Ice Creams (previously they held them  but could only stare at the items in confusion)
Trainers will now consider their stat boosts when deciding if they should switch out
Opponents now more likely to choose good moves in general
Opponents take type effectiveness into greater consideration
* Shelly has received a new Field Effect, updated team, and now fights in doubles.
* Shade has received a new Field Effect and an updated team.
* Quicksave and Script-hanging autosave now ask the player if they want to save first.
* Breeding Mechanics have been updated to 6th gen.
* "Last Pokemon" text has been added to most important trainer battles.
#---------------------------- Field Effect changes  ---------------------------#
(See "Field Effect Manual.txt" for full listing)
*----- The following Field Effects have been added:
Icy Field
Rocky Field
Forest Field
Superheated Field
Factory Field
Short-circuit Field
*----- Electric Field
* Camouflage becomes Electric
*----- Grassy Field
* Is no longer transformed into Burning Field during Rain or Water Sport
* Camouflage becomes Grass
*----- Misty Field
* Camouflage becomes Fairy
*----- Chess Board
* Camouflage becomes Psychic
*----- Pitch Black Field
* Doom Desire, Technoblast, Powergem now gain a x1.5 boost in power
* Camouflage becomes Dark
*----- Big Top
* Camouflage becomes Normal
*----- Burning Field
* Now activates Blaze
* No longer damages Pokemon with Heatproof
* Camouflage becomes Fire
*----- Swamp Field
* Camouflage becomes Water
*----- Rainbow Field
* Now created by activating Rain during Sun or Sun during Rain
* Camouflage becomes Dragon
*----- Corrosive Field
* Now activates Venoshock
* No longer damages Pokemon with Immunity
* Camouflage becomes Poison
*----- Corrosive Mist Field
* Now activates Venoshock
* Camouflage becomes Poison
*----- Desert Field
* Due to Gen VI changes, Sand Tomb now deals 1/6 HP per turn, up from a non-field-altered 1/8
* Camouflage becomes Ground

Downloads
Old September 16th, 2014 (10:46 PM).
sharathbhat

Nature: Quiet
I'm unable to download. Those links says web page not available.. I'm trying it since two days . Can you please upload it on different site like mediafire or zippyshare plz
Old September 17th, 2014 (04:42 AM).
brianwee2012

Quote originally posted by ligerre:
Hey ame my save file become corrupted. Is there anyway to fix it?
There might be a way to save that file, but it must be able to open a map, like what ame said, and you could post ur savefile in a thread under troubleshooting in the reborn website http://www.pokemonreborn.com/

Quote originally posted by sharathbhat:
I'm unable to download. Those links says web page not available.. I'm trying it since two days . Can you please upload it on different site like mediafire or zippyshare plz
You should check the links in this page http://www.pokemonreborn.com/game/ they should work.

PS: ame are we supposed to be able to access the Pokemon Center's PC from the side, namely the one in the Grand Hall.
And may i know what the chance is for the ice cream seller to sell blue moon ice cream, really wanna buy that...

PSS: the zoura event might still be glitched and i cant activate it, i did it once but it turned into the zangoose, now i cannot activate the event at a windly night anymore. Really want zoura tho
Old September 21st, 2014 (03:42 AM).
MadDeodorant

GOD! This thing's too confusing!
Old September 21st, 2014 (06:43 PM).
AmethystRain
Crystaline

There is one more alternative download link potentially from this site: http://monkeypro.net/gameinfo.php?id=217
However, it might not be the most recent patch (13.1 instead of 13.2; it's still all the new content, just minus a few bug fixes).

@ Mad, what is so confusing exactly?
Old September 22nd, 2014 (12:55 AM).
sharathbhat

Yus yus yus. This monkeypro link worked. Thank you so much Amethystrain . I waited for this since two weeks. Thank you. Downloading
Old September 27th, 2014 (10:34 AM).
sharathbhat

Is this episode end in agate circus after beating samsun?
Old September 27th, 2014 (04:49 PM).
nemesish
Azure Trainer

Quote originally posted by sharathbhat:
Is this episode end in agate circus after beating samsun?
Nope, after beating
Spoiler:
Charlotte.

Hacks I support:
Old September 27th, 2014 (11:55 PM).
sharathbhat

The alternative link you gave is 12th episode. I finished it.. cant download large file again just for one episode.. I will wait for 14th one to download. Hope you upload on that same site(Monkeypro.net). Thanks. enjoyed the game a lot.
Old September 30th, 2014 (01:57 PM).
firefight
I like people

Nature: Relaxed
this game looks great! its obvious you have put a lot of time blood and sweat into it. i love the concept and even though i haven't played it yet the characters look amazing! can't wait to play!

Old October 1st, 2014 (06:21 AM).
brianwee2012

Quote originally posted by firefight:
this game looks great! its obvious you have put a lot of time blood and sweat into it. i love the concept and even though i haven't played it yet the characters look amazing! can't wait to play!
The game is fun, but its quite challenging at certain points tho, glhf with the game anyways. i have already completed ep13 so just ask here or the website for anything you need.
Old October 1st, 2014 (01:11 PM).
firefight
I like people

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by brianwee2012:
The game is fun, but its quite challenging at certain points tho, glhf with the game anyways. i have already completed ep13 so just ask here or the website for anything you need.
thank you! while relaxed games are great, i love challenges. i'm thinking about nuzlocking it, but i suppose i should play it a bit before i decide. i'll make sure to ask if i get stuck though!

Old October 2nd, 2014 (12:45 PM).
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Nature: Naughty
Looks fun. Gonna try it as soon as I can. 500MB is a tad big, but no biggie. Keep up the good work.

Old October 3rd, 2014 (07:43 AM).
Jean mi

Quote originally posted by firefight:
thank you! while relaxed games are great, i love challenges. i'm thinking about nuzlocking it, but i suppose i should play it a bit before i decide. i'll make sure to ask if i get stuck though!
Don't nuzlock it, the game is challenging enough in the "standard" format, there's no need to add specific rules. I don't think a nuzlocke is possible in this game.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links