• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moon missions... again?

Should we go to the moon again?

• Yes, and yes to Mars

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Yes, but no to Mars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but yes to Mars

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No to both

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Not long ago, President George W. Bush said that he wants to start up moon landings again. Do you think this is a good idea?

I don't. We went to the moon already, so why again? I think it'll waste lots of money, and nothing good will come out of it. I think we should look at a possibility of men landing on Mars instead.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
Years
yeah we should focas on Mars! or even Pluto!! j/k well if that doggy...i mean Rover landed on Mars theres a good chance a shuttle could land there! *blows up the moon* no go to Mars!

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
This is going to add another trillion to the glorious American debt. Right? ^_^

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
America can always pay off their debt if they want actually... but then to be the only debt-less country in the world is not a good thing due to political reasons.

This is completely politically related to me... and since that kind of topic is banned I'll shut up about this...

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
Years
They could, but for what reason? To see if there really is diamond and water deposites? Meh, I think its better if the government use the money to fix their more internal problems rather than using it on space exploration. It looks like we need more R&D on that anyway.

Oh my vote is "No", don't go there:P.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
I say no to both, this is one of the things I dont go along with Bush on. I mean the only thing the Moon and Mars is a dead rock. And so what if thay find life on Mars (like thay will find any) or signs of water use to be there. What are we going to do pack out bags and live on a planet that no one can live on? All this is is blowing a lot of money for nothing. Ok its not for nothing, thay are going to test a few rocks.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
frostweaver said:
This is completely politically related to me... and since that kind of topic is banned I'll shut up about this...
I'll make sure to watch it... ^_^; In my opinion, I don't think we should, atleast not until more important things have been dealt with. I could make a huge list of ways that money could be used to help other people.

Mystical Mewtwo

Or MM2 for lazy typers
Years
I want to make a reminder that Presedent Bush said not just landing on the moon, but also building a BACE on the moon. I however, disagree. I think any place we should build a base it should be on mars. The moon would be a large tecnological advancement, but it is too close to make a difference.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
frostweaver said:
It does seem a little... we'll be sure to watch this, like Kay-chan says. n_n As for me... I say that we should go to Mars. Why go to the moon again? x_x;

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
Seriously, who'd want to live on the moon or mars? I couldn't live without my forests and wildlife... it's selfish to go with the mindset "Oh, well if we phuck up earth, atleast we have another place to live on!" I mean, duh, there's a reason why the Earth is the only hospitable planet in our solar system. We need to fix the problems, both econimocal and environmental, here and quit blowing bucks on superficial space studies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
think everyone talked about every possible bad aspects of space explorations already... but no one covered that there's actually ABSOLUTELY NO scientific values to it...

You can say that rocks found on the moon/mars can educate us about those 2 places... however a giant meteor shower in California years ago supplies USA with 10x the amount of moon rock they found on a moon exploration trip. So... why go in the space to study moonrocks when you can do the same on earth? Just wait for the next meteor shower... Plus it's 10x the amount you can get from physically visiting the moon and it's for free too! ^_^; If they really want to study moonstones so badly, go buy the Pokemon game and start theifing Lunatones...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
if the U.S government is gonna waste money, maybe they can send some to me...

I don't know what Bush's reasoning behind going to the moon was (it may just be voters' support XP), but going to Mars could be petty beneficial. We can get Martians to ally with America in Iraq XD

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
I say no for now.First, just deal with the probelms we are facing now, and when things cool down, then maybe go

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
Years
Well i support this idea it's been almost 30 years since the first person was on the moon and never had the technology they have today now and they prob want to explore it more and Mars well they are saying that Mars is very closely like earth that's why ther studying it and prob want to go to it but this wont prob happen till 2015

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
Years
Well, the theory that no one ever actually went to the moon aside, I feel that this is another ploy to keep the voting public's attention off the US's massive economic and social issues. Shrub is likely also attempting to secure votes from the dreamer idiots who will look at this and say "OMG WEN I GROW ^ I WONT 2 B A ASTRONOT!!11!!1! OMG & JORJ W IZ SENDIN ROCKETZ 2 DA MOON OMG I WIL VOTE 4 HIM!!1!!one". Please note that some of these idiots are, like, twenty-five.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
and since no mods are telling us to shut up yet... better blur out everything before we have to shut up then XD

First of all... maintaining a PERMANENT base on the moon will be so expensive... so how much does it cost monthly? Where is the gov't going to get the extra cash from? I hope he's not going to drain it from education fundings or something stupid like that... Just to save some cash, just scrap the idea... Just because China lately has proven itself to be the 3rd country in terms of ranks for space exploration, doesn't mean USA have to "secure their stance" for 1st place. Hopefully both China and USA will just drop this crazy space exploration idea that has nothing more than pride and a feeling of triumph. Hope that both gov't will realize that space exploration = unneeded for at least another century. Let's save the cash and solve some problems on earth... if we're attempting to look for a planet to live on because the earth is no longer a good place for us to live in due to say... pollutions, why not use the cash to reduce pollutions and put the cash in Kyoto Accord instead of risking so much to *try* to build a base on the moon...? This is all just stupid to me...

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
Psst... I think it's stupid too. x_x; The would should be fair, and I think the three countries should join forces together to venture even further. =.=

Back