Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Anime & Manga
Notices

Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 1st, 2014, 08:35 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by twocows View Post
I don't know that character, so I have no idea. However, you mention that he is not the protagonist, which is already a strike against him being a Gary Stu. I have some theories, but without watching, it's just guesswork.
He is a protag. He's something like main girl's BF.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 3rd, 2014, 10:54 PM
Roxanne
*insert fancy usertitle here*

Nature: Quiet
Kirito. He practically defied the laws of the game by not dying the moment his health hit zero, and managed to win the insanely-broken Heathcliff simultaneously. If that's not OP, then I don't know what OP means.
Old June 4th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantome ecrivain View Post
If that's not OP, then I don't know what OP means.
Tatsuya Shiba. That's what it means.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Old June 4th, 2014, 11:12 PM
E.C.

Nature: Bold
I'm surprised no one has mentioned hidan from naruto yet. Not only is he immortal, but if he can obtain any amount of blood from the opponent, it's an automatic victory for him.

aside from that, I also think enel from one piece is pretty overpowered. He can travel at the speed of lightning, isn't affected by physical attacks, jump start his own heart if he dies, can predict the enemies movements, and melt any solid material with the heat of his lightning. Oh and obviously can control/produce lightning itself.

Last edited by E.C.; June 4th, 2014 at 11:35 PM.
Old June 4th, 2014, 11:37 PM
PJoE

Oreki. He silent but clever. He never give up finding the 'Jumonji'. I think he's cool.
Old June 5th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Raine
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantome ecrivain View Post
Kirito. He practically defied the laws of the game by not dying the moment his health hit zero, and managed to win the insanely-broken Heathcliff simultaneously. If that's not OP, then I don't know what OP means.
Haha, well they wouldn't want the main character to die off so quickly now would they? XP I barely remember anything from SAO to be quite honest.
❝ And who knows: starting a new journey may not be so hard, or maybe it has already begun
There are many worlds, and they share the same sky - one sky, one destiny ❞

— レイン · wonderland · love · achievements · appreciation
Old June 5th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine View Post
Haha, well they wouldn't want the main character to die off so quickly now would they? XP
>Attack on Titan anyone? =DDDD

Old June 5th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Raine
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoshi Ookami View Post
>Attack on Titan anyone? =DDDD
True, but it's not like he randomly gains additional powers XD He'll forever be a titan, and that's what the author planned from the beginning I'm assuming. Another OP-ish character would be Ichigo from Bleach >>;;
❝ And who knows: starting a new journey may not be so hard, or maybe it has already begun
There are many worlds, and they share the same sky - one sky, one destiny ❞

— レイン · wonderland · love · achievements · appreciation
Old June 10th, 2014, 02:43 AM
Famon

Light Yagami from Death Note anyone !
He can easily kill almost all Protagonist . A lot of Death Note fan claim that he only beat ''L'' because he had too much Power.
This signature has been disabled.
29px too wide. Limit is 600px.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 10th, 2014, 04:53 AM
srinator
Abublablabla
Community Supporter

I am not a fan of superman, but he is easily the most op character of all time, they actually have to weaken him in comparison to the comics in games and movies to even have a non one sided story
+Winry: i come here
srinator: sounds wrong
+Winry: omfg
+Winry: im not done yet
Old June 10th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Superman-kun is my favourite anime character.
Old June 10th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Overpowered characters are usually balanced by their complete inability to be creative in the use of their powers.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old June 18th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Magistrum
☆The Fakemon Magister☆

Nature: Modest
Psh. Superman is lame. Want an OP character in the literal sense?
Try
Spoiler:
One Punch Man
Old June 19th, 2014, 02:20 AM
Famon

How about Nagi Springfield from Nagima Mahou sensei ?
He's 12 but he already master of Magic and a harem King .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeaboo Name View Post
Superman-kun is my favourite anime character.
Superman is a cartoon character , Not an Anime character !
Also , He's only strong because various people rewrites him .
But Goku can still overpower him , Specially Goku gets rewritten as well.
After all , Goku has better personality and much more smarter then Superman even though he doesn't act like it.
Superman on other hand got so Annoying & Bossy that most member of Justice League couldn't stand him.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Famon; June 19th, 2014 at 02:26 AM.
Old June 20th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Sonata
♥&☮
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Has nobody read Psyren? Ageha is literally one of the most OP characters ever made. His power allows him to use black holes and he actually has an imagination so he does all kinds of amazing things with it. Just look at this sexy man.

Spoiler:

Basic ability.

He himself has became a black hole and then he has black holes orbiting around his body that he can do anything with that he imagines.
Old August 23rd, 2014, 03:36 PM
xZhafkiel

Tatsuya Shiba/Ooguro Ryuuya/Mahesvara/The Destroyer/God of Destruction for me is the Ultimate Being in Anime. XD

HEAVY SPOILERS~! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED~!

Spoiler:
- Material Burst - : "Is the ultimate Decomposition Magic. It has been likened to a magical equivalent of a nuclear warhead, and operates much on the same principles; by converting matter into energy, only without the radioactive material fallout."Basically he can make anything that has "Mass" become a Freakin Nuke. The more mass the Target has, the More powerful the Explosion will be. (Following Einstein's Formula E=mc^2) without the Radiation Fallout. :D

- the only Magician capable of using "Material Burst" is Tatsuya Shiba.

- "...a single drop of water, a paltry 50 milligrams of matter, the explosion created has the power equivalent of 1000 tons of TNT."

- "...Tatsuya's magic transformed 1kg of matter directly into energy. In accordance with Einstein's Formula, the heat energy equated to approximately 20,000,000 tons of TNT(18.1 Mega Tons of TNT)." The explosion completely annihilated the port and the resulting hurricane and tsunami then eliminated the the base offshore. (Tsar Bomba was about 50-58 Mega Tons of TNT. Shiba just needs about 3.2kg of -Anything- to match it at 57.92 Mega Tons of TNT would be the total yield.)

Spoiler:
He can control that power in any Distance he likes and also how much Matter he likes to Decompose.(A Whole Human Perhaps) and also he can cast this in about 0.05sec coz he can use Flash Cast. That's "Half" of what he can do. Read the LN for more OPness. XD
Old August 23rd, 2014, 04:05 PM
Alfieri
Game Boy Gif Guy
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Alfieri
Saint Seiya is certainly the strongest anime character. His universe is stronger than the dragon ball universe.
Old August 24th, 2014, 03:26 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZhafkiel View Post
Tatsuya Shiba/Ooguro Ryuuya/Mahesvara/The Destroyer/God of Destruction for me is the Ultimate Being in Anime. XD
Finally someone who sees the truth =D
Btw... Mahesvara is spoiler as well =D

Old August 24th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Professor_Jared
Mr. Fish trainer

Domon ****ing Kasshu

Spoiler:

Now that's what I call an overpowered and bad-ass Gundam fighter.
Old August 24th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Famon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xZhafkiel View Post

HEAVY SPOILERS~! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED~!

Spoiler:
- Material Burst - : "Is the ultimate Decomposition Magic. It has been likened to a magical equivalent of a nuclear warhead, and operates much on the same principles; by converting matter into energy, only without the radioactive material fallout."Basically he can make anything that has "Mass" become a Freakin Nuke. The more mass the Target has, the More powerful the Explosion will be. (Following Einstein's Formula E=mc^2) without the Radiation Fallout. :D

- the only Magician capable of using "Material Burst" is Tatsuya Shiba.

- "...a single drop of water, a paltry 50 milligrams of matter, the explosion created has the power equivalent of 1000 tons of TNT."

- "...Tatsuya's magic transformed 1kg of matter directly into energy. In accordance with Einstein's Formula, the heat energy equated to approximately 20,000,000 tons of TNT(18.1 Mega Tons of TNT)." The explosion completely annihilated the port and the resulting hurricane and tsunami then eliminated the the base offshore. (Tsar Bomba was about 50-58 Mega Tons of TNT. Shiba just needs about 3.2kg of -Anything- to match it at 57.92 Mega Tons of TNT would be the total yield.)

Spoiler:
He can control that power in any Distance he likes and also how much Matter he likes to Decompose.(A Whole Human Perhaps) and also he can cast this in about 0.05sec coz he can use Flash Cast. That's "Half" of what he can do. Read the LN for more OPness. XD
Quote:
Finally someone who sees the truth =D
Btw... Mahesvara is spoiler as well =D
As long as he's Power contain Vector , He's no match for Accelerator (Toaru Majitsu No Index)

Old August 24th, 2014, 10:48 PM
kyuubi93
We're the elite of just alright

I think Kaguya Otsutuski, the final villain from Naruto is a really overpowered character. First off, she has the ability to switch dimensions in an instant, and be one with nature. Second, she's really hard to get close to with her dimensional shifting abilities (similar to Obito's Mangekyo Sharingan), not to mention her long range-ish attacks where fists of chakra attack the opponent. Third, she has an ability where the bones she stabs you with turn you into ash. I thought Madara Uchiha before her was overpowered, but she takes the cake.

You serious, bruh?
Old August 25th, 2014, 04:08 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famon View Post
As long as he's Power contain Vector , He's no match for Accelerator (Toaru Majitsu No Index)
He doesn't need to attack. All he needs is to nullify the attacks like Touma did.
Accel isn't OP at all. He's average at best.

Old August 25th, 2014, 04:25 AM
Famon

Quote:
He doesn't need to attack. All he needs is to nullify the attacks like Touma did.
Accel isn't OP at all. He's average at best.
As far as I know , Tatsuya nullify Magic !
Accelerator is a Esper , He power come from ATM field.
I don't know if Tatsuya can Nullify any Supernatural Power beside Magic.

Old August 25th, 2014, 04:27 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famon View Post
As far as I know , Tatsuya nullify Magic !
Accelerator is a Esper , He power come from ATM field.
I don't know if Tatsuya can Nullify any Supernatural Power beside Magic.
If he can't, he will find a way
That's what Tatsuya's true power is =D

Old August 25th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Necrum
The box. You opened it. We came.

Nature: Adamant
I would argue that Kurama is probably the most OP character of the Yu Yu Hakusho series. The character in question has lost only 2 battles in the course of the series, once against a friggin King of the Demon World who was determined to fight Yuske, and the other a technicality in the Dark Tournament, where he killed his opponent a split second after his downed 10 count was up.

Now, with this in mind, it is important to look at what Kurama is capable of. Not only is his Yoki on par with Hiei and Yuske, but he is also the most brilliant tactician in the whole series. Power is worthless if your opponent is smarter than you. Kurama actually defeated many of his opponents without actually attacking directly, instead investing his Yoki into ridiculously vicious demon realm plants. The only thing that Kurama has to balance this, is his weakness for his "adopted" mother, which is exploited on a number of occasions, all of which result in Kurama dominating the one holding the hostage with minimal effort. This moral sensibility he developed as a human is even scraped away by the end when he can even push himself to let a child die in order to win! This special combination of features easily places him as an extremely daunting challenge for anyone choosing to fight him. I bet if you let him, he could hold his own against big time heroes like Goku, and would easily be able to outsmart many of them.
Pinhead
Moderator of Pain
Paired with Orianna

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
TRT DB Shuppet!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links