The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 09:14 AM
Denny Hamlin
accept d e f e a t

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
I've been meaning to join this club for months now. But I didn't want to because I didn't have the knowledge enough to become part of it. But now that I finished 9 and 10 (and only watched parts of 11), I'm really excited for the premiere of 12. Peter Capaldi is perfect for that role, and I look forward to how this new series will turn out. I know it'll be great.

I'm planning to watch Classic Who when I get around to it. I'm glad it's on Netflix!

I'm actually pretty stoked for tonight's premiere, but I also have a NASCAR race to watch tonight, but hey, I gotta prioritize my Whovianness lmao. xD

PokéCommunity Username: Cadance
Favorite Doctor: it's...a tie between 10 and 11. But I'm more of a fan of David Tennant <3
Favorite Companion: Donna Noble! I loved every episode featuring her. <3
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 12:18 PM
Evanlyn
Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!

Nature: Relaxed
Who else watched the premiere? I got up at 5am my time to watch it! I enjoyed it, I think this is going to shape up to be a great season!
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 12:38 PM
Northstar
it's a wonderful world
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
The episode provided me with many nerdgasms. Especially when
Spoiler:
we find out they are the sister ship to the S.S. Madame de Pompadour

Northstar
gym leader - twitter - last.fm

"I've got my values
so you can keep yours
alright?"

Old 3 Weeks Ago, 07:52 PM
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
I felt really indifferent about it. I hated what they are doing with Vashtra and Jenny. I mean, really? Yes, woohoo, interspecies lesbian couple ftw! But do you need to shove it down our throats? Yes, we get it. How many times do they have to mention they're married? Less is more, Moffat.

I liked Matt Smith showing up though, and the phone call and everything at the end. That was nice, show us a bit of normality after a strange new face and all.

We shall see.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 04:26 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
Mwah! I'm back home - time to somehow get my hands on the new ep!! Before I click any spoilers in this thread :p

Please keep anything related to Deep Breath in spoilers until further notice... As you already are :D my derpy phone put me on the last page when I typed up my post.

Edit: Seen it now!! I agree, Ultraviolence! That was amazing, I mean
Spoiler:
acknowledging stuff all the way from the early RTD era. Even though I hated that the Girl In The Fireplace was put in S2, it was cool to see them reuse the ideas here. (It should really have been in S3 instead)

And also I really liked how
Spoiler:
Amy still means enough to him for him to remember her. It's a bit weird how they allude to him having seen his own face before though, but I suppose it's all part of Moffat's master plan with Capaldi's characters. I love when stuff come together from long time ago so I'll probably like it :3

Overall I thought they made it a bit too snappy and dramatic, especially with music :s I miss the mood setting tunes of Tennant's era, it really had the best music. Well, Nine's too but the music I listen to on spotify from there are remade versions of the S1 songs that were featured more or less in S2. Watch "Dalek" or "Silence in the library/Forest of the dead" and concentrate on the music and you shall see what I mean! It's very different to how they do it in "Eleventh Hour", for instance. Even though I really like the little Amy themes too :3 but we don't need upbeat or loud music all the time to enjoy a scene :/

Oh, and talking about Deep Breath again, the ending...
Spoiler:
had me crying. I actually liked how the Doctor finally admitted (sort of elusively but) that he had made the "mistake" of thinking of himself as Clara's boyfriend. And the phone call was sweet but still came nowhere close to the S2 ending :) RTD knew how to do believable emotions. Or maybe it was Tennant and Piper <3 ;)

I just gotta add that I loved the interaction and chemistry between Clara and Twelve in general! Looking forward to see how they develop through the season.

Last edited by Doctor; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:59 AM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 07:12 AM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
Saw it :D Kind of watching the 12th and the 10th simultaneously now since I'm behind. But what's a little bending of time in the grand scheme of things really?

Spoiler:
The episode had a few lines that made me chuckle. I liked Strax's "we will *not* melt him with acid" lol Also, 12th's mentioning of Amy.

I enjoyed the phone at the end of the episode. It was touching and everything I like about the 11th

Don't really have an opinion either way of 12th yet. He was kinda all over the place and not yet himself
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 01:59 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Well I watched the episode again and... While I love Capaldi's effort and think that he will make a great Doctor, I don't like the overall writing.
Spoiler:
The jokes were clumsy, Strax were funny but used badly, Jenny and Vastra's relationship was mentioned too much to be interesting and the Doctor really mostly... spouted exposition throughout the episode, didn't he? I just think it the whole adventure could have been much better if it was written to be deep for real and not dramatically funny. Compare this to the Christmas Invasion where the Doctor really got to show off his new personality and reunite with Rose, or with the Eleventh Hour which was an overall beautiful and touching episode. Not too big and apocalyptic, despite the fate of the Earth hanging on what went down in Leadworth that day.

Just, as far as newly-regenerated-Doctor episodes go, this really isn't my favorite :3

EDIT: you guyyyys. I just posted my DW fanfic on PC. Not sure people will see it or want to read it on a pokémon forum but wynaut xD Maybe check it out if you're a fan of either Ten or Amy. Or both! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...73#post8417573

Last edited by Doctor; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:20 AM.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 12:46 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Okay finally saw this. And well, it was good, it was bad, it was excellent, but it was all over the place. No consistency, and I wouldn't say that it was deliberate cause of the doctor being so or some bull like that. They need to get things in order for this to work, but when they will I suspect the show will be amazing. So yeah thoughts:
Spoiler:
-I dunno why, but when doctor who loses me, it loses me. I can follow the general plot thread, I understand the references and in-jokes, the humor is there but I'm not. I don't have this happen to me at all with other long running shows, and it bothers me. I can go along for the ride, but then I will have to watch it again to really get it. Anyone else has this happen to them?
-There was some serious ******** for storytelling happening in this episode, much worse then anything NuWho has done. Yes clara, run down half a flight of stairs to have a dramatic walk up them only 2 seconds later! Yes, have your damn lesbian kiss to save your wife cause of the stored oxygen, don't bother to do the same with everyone else. Cut shot, after cut shot, AFTER CUT SHOT. Maybe if you weren't jumping around so much I could follow the damn plot, I dunno. And what, her clothes needed cleaning and that's why she went victorian Ms Fanservice on us?
-I didn't mind the slapstick, but those noises. Otherwise, yeah. Love the newspaper toss, love the falling entrance, and you can just tell Strax wants to get in her pants. -Doctor Who? No, more like Doctor PHWOAR! The interactions with the robot were awkward, but the entire scene from the whiskey line to the choice bit, and then the impalement on big ben with the doctor giving you a questionable look was amazing. Some might think it felt forced, but it was an excellent use of exposition to tell us this doctor is a bit of a loose gun. And Capaldi in general was amazing. The hobo bit(I need a giant scarf, no wait 4 did that and he looked silly, the amy line, everything about him was great. That ending where he's telling Clara to get a grip on reality, explaining bluntly how that was him talking, how he didn't need to eavesdrop was the greatest way to establish there connection. Clara is going to need to get used to the doctor, and the doctor's gonna need to get used to her again. The I was your boyfriend bit was weird, and I need some explanation, but otherwise I'm fine.
-The overall tone of how this is an old doctor was great. Everyone dissing the meta-plot probably didn't understand that this episode in general was about acceptance,probably 3 or maybe 4 ways round. The doctor had to accept that he chose this face, for whatever reason he did. Clara has to accept that a pretty face isn't who he is, but the 2000 year old time lord, much like the fandom has to get used to that fact as well. And then the robots have to accept the fact that they're doomed, or that they've changed too much to be considered robots anymore.
-Yeah, Missy is going to be the master, book it. She's probably going to create a rogue gallery of all the series' villains, and use it against the doctor.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 05:46 AM
Doctor
& time lord

I agree with a lot of your points :) On Sunday when I'm hungover I'll get to watch the next episode <3 Because... it does come out every week, right?

Last edited by Doctor; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:46 AM.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 12:23 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Yes its going to air every week till november iirc. Its also back to a full run then split lr.seires tsal ek
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 02:53 AM
The Canceler
Nightwing

PokéCommunity Username: Raiu638 (getting it changed to The Canceler)
Favorite Doctor: David Tennant!
Favorite Companion: Tough decision between Amy and River.

We recently got rid of cable in our house, so I haven't been able to watch any of the new episodes. Does anyone know any good websites where I can watch new episodes?

"We get up to push back."
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 04:43 AM
Doctor
& time lord

wow, Muffin, check your spelling again ;D

Welcome to the club, Raiu! Ten and Amy are my favorites too~ I think.

Unfortunately I think it would be a bit bad if we started talking streaming websites here. Kind of bordering into illegal waters, you know. Unless there's an official site from the US where you can watch it within a certain time period or so? We have that in my country, for some channels and shows at least.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who...8/deep-breath/ Hmmmm maybe not.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 06:37 AM
rpryor03
Sexy King

PokéCommunity Username: rpryor03
Favorite Doctor: 10 and 4
Favorite Companion: Romana II and Rose

Join me and PokemonMasters on Pokemon Blue Flames, both here on PCX and PKMN District!
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 06:47 AM
The Canceler
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure View Post
wow, Muffin, check your spelling again ;D

Welcome to the club, Raiu! Ten and Amy are my favorites too~ I think.

Unfortunately I think it would be a bit bad if we started talking streaming websites here. Kind of bordering into illegal waters, you know. Unless there's an official site from the US where you can watch it within a certain time period or so? We have that in my country, for some channels and shows at least.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who...8/deep-breath/ Hmmmm maybe not.
Ah, cool! And yeah, I didn't want this getting into any shady territory, I was looking for legal websites.

"We get up to push back."
Old 1 Week Ago, 08:39 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiu638 View Post
Ah, cool! And yeah, I didn't want this getting into any shady territory, I was looking for legal websites.
Huh, guess Hulu dosen't have it. I heard Tardisblue.net actually can legally show them, I watch them but was not sure if it was all legal but I guess it is. But its scheduled, so its not on demand. BBC's iPlayer, its a legal site, the way to use it outside of the u.k, idk.

Old 1 Week Ago, 08:42 PM
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it
Community Supporter

... It airs same day in the US on BBC America. It's also on Amazon.
Old 1 Week Ago, 10:28 PM
countryemo
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
... It airs same day in the US on BBC America. It's also on Amazon.
They just got rid of cable/tv. Forgot about Amazon though that was what I was trying to think of, not Hulu.

Old 1 Week Ago, 10:44 PM
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryemo View Post
They just got rid of cable/tv. Forgot about Amazon though that was what I was trying to think of, not Hulu.
Hulu has Doctor Who, but only up to the last episode of season seven. Give it time.
Old 1 Week Ago, 05:31 PM
countryemo
Community Supporter

Quote:
Hulu has Doctor Who, but only up to the last episode of season seven. Give it time.
I know it does, I was talking about forgetting which one had s8.

Old 1 Week Ago, 08:28 PM
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it
Community Supporter

Quote:
I know it does, I was talking about forgetting which one had s8.
Season Eight?

Here ya go.

I think Netflix has some of season eight. Or you can find it on youtube.
Old 1 Week Ago, 10:01 PM
countryemo
Community Supporter

Quote:
Season Eight?

Here ya go.

I think Netflix has some of season eight. Or you can find it on youtube.
Meant series, I give up. Context buddy.

Old 1 Week Ago, 10:45 PM
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it
Community Supporter

Quote:
Meant series, I give up. Context buddy.
/ was being a sarcastic meanie.
Old 1 Week Ago, 10:49 PM
Doctor
& time lord

And everyone was happy and friendly in the club again :D

I've realized that I probably don't like Capaldi's Doctor too much... I mean I was really looking forward to him, but he hasn't impressed me over these two episodes like Smith did with Eleventh Hour and onwards. Smith was instantly the Doctor, despite me mourning the cute Tennant like the fangirl I couldn't help but being. I mean, Smith was rather brilliant actually. Capaldi... needs some more time I think. Or maybe it's just me needing time to understand that the Doctor wasn't always hyperactive and friendly.
Old 1 Week Ago, 12:04 AM
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure View Post
And everyone was happy and friendly in the club again :D

I've realized that I probably don't like Capaldi's Doctor too much... I mean I was really looking forward to him, but he hasn't impressed me over these two episodes like Smith did with Eleventh Hour and onwards. Smith was instantly the Doctor, despite me mourning the cute Tennant like the fangirl I couldn't help but being. I mean, Smith was rather brilliant actually. Capaldi... needs some more time I think. Or maybe it's just me needing time to understand that the Doctor wasn't always hyperactive and friendly.
Right, so this is coming from a person raised on the Classic series.

I really like Capaldi. He reminds me a lot of Seven and Three.

He's more the Doctor to me than Eleven was. The Doctor isn't meant to be a comedy sketch. The Doctor is an old, OLD man that wears funny clothes and travels through time and space with a friend and has a habit of stopping bad things. The funny and quirky bits are there yes, but all the New Who Doctors have had this darkness in them, something the classic Doctors didn't have. It was a story of adventure and helping people. It turned into sometimes adventure and mostly feels. The 'lonely angel' Ten was the pinnacle of that era. Eleven rode it like a dead horse. He was like a ten year old with a tantrum.

This 'last of their species' thing is all new. But now, spoiler for Fiftieth, Gallifrey is returned. He's not alone. Which is why I think the show can return to its roots. The lone survivor thing was cool, but so were the Time Lords, sometimes.

Eleven should have left a long, long time ago.

Also, this Missy is so the Master. With the return of Gallifrey and the anagram RYCBAR and the previous anagram, YANA, "Run you clever boy and remember, you are not alone." YANA was the Master, and Gallifrey never was destroyed, meaning everything in Tennant's ending didn't happen. The Master is most likely alive... and regenerated into a woman, which is awesome. Missy=Mistress female form of Master.
Old 1 Week Ago, 01:13 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

I feel like having a female Master is at least a good measure in addressing the issue of why can't the doctor be female. He could if he wanted to, but it would be a change to the character. But with the Master, having them turn female is a great twist, and makes you think twice if gender really is an issue. So yeah, I'm all for Missy. As for your post phantom, I agree mostly. I was brought in with NuWho, but having dipped into the classics recently, I feel the same about Matt. He was good, but he was running on the coattails of the 10th.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here