Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 23rd, 2014 (09:26 PM).
Howmander

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by GreenFlame:
How do I get a Pokémon with Happy Hour? I want to make the big $$$ by stacking it with Prize Money Power Lvl 3 and Amulet Coin plus the amount of money you make from the reward of Balm Mushrooms.
Find it on the GTS. ...or someone who has a few Happy Hour Smeargles kicking around in their Pokebank. Someone named Howmander. ;-)
Looking for some berries, hidden ability Safari pokemon or previous generation Move Tutor Egg moves? I have everything from the first two categories and a lot from the last category! All I'm looking for is the 5 gen 6 legendary giveaway pokemon, check out this thread for more details! Thanks:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8592152#post8592152
Old August 24th, 2014 (12:39 AM).
Dark Phantom Samurai
Finesse & Perfection

Nature: Serious
Curious, im assuming that Pokebank is the sole way to transfer Pokemon from generation 5 to generation 6? I'm assuming already that there is no other way, but just in case is there? GTS perhaps?
Old August 24th, 2014 (03:04 AM).
Zekrom

Quote originally posted by GreenFlame:
How do I get a Pokémon with Happy Hour? I want to make the big $$$ by stacking it with Prize Money Power Lvl 3 and Amulet Coin plus the amount of money you make from the reward of Balm Mushrooms.
Happy Hour is an event only move that came with a special Inkay, so you'd have to get one of those in a trade, or a Smeargle that learned the move via Sketch.

Quote originally posted by Formula_Grande:
Curious, im assuming that Pokebank is the sole way to transfer Pokemon from generation 5 to generation 6? I'm assuming already that there is no other way, but just in case is there? GTS perhaps?
PokeBank (and Transporter) is the only way to get Pokemon from Gen 5 to Gen 6.

My Trade Shop (currently open!)
Old August 24th, 2014 (07:01 AM).
OliveCopper
Captain of Olive Kappa

I still haven't gotten the answer to the Snorlax mystery. After it respawns back on the bridge after defeating the Elite Four (if you fail to catch it the first time), how do you wake it back up to rematch it, and hopefully catch it this time? I can't find out myself because I refuse to delete any of my save files. Can anyone who has just started the game test this out, and find the answer for me?
Old August 24th, 2014 (07:44 AM).
Alfieri
Yusuke Urameshi Gif Guy
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Alfieri
Quote originally posted by OliveCopper:
I still haven't gotten the answer to the Snorlax mystery. After it respawns back on the bridge after defeating the Elite Four (if you fail to catch it the first time), how do you wake it back up to rematch it, and hopefully catch it this time? I can't find out myself because I refuse to delete any of my save files. Can anyone who has just started the game test this out, and find the answer for me?
You should be able to battle it again just by talking to it.
Old August 24th, 2014 (10:41 AM).
janejane6178

hey guys, could any1 help me?
i wanna restart my pokemon x game but i just can't say goodbye to all my pokemon hehe
could any1 help me to transfer it to my new save slot from the old one?
if so, please pm me ?

thanks alot <33
Old August 24th, 2014 (11:07 AM). Edited August 24th, 2014 by SleepingTyrant.
SleepingTyrant
Pokemon Treasure Hunter

Nature: Lonely
do berries that lower EVs, still lower to 100 for the first one used?
Old August 24th, 2014 (11:41 AM).
Howmander

Quote originally posted by SleepingTyrant:
do berries that lower EVs, still lower to 100 for the first one used?
apparently it looks like they changed that in Gen 5, so each berry only lowers it by 10, even the very first one: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67660956
Looking for some berries, hidden ability Safari pokemon or previous generation Move Tutor Egg moves? I have everything from the first two categories and a lot from the last category! All I'm looking for is the 5 gen 6 legendary giveaway pokemon, check out this thread for more details! Thanks:

Old August 24th, 2014 (01:33 PM).
Zekrom

Quote originally posted by janejane6178:
hey guys, could any1 help me?
i wanna restart my pokemon x game but i just can't say goodbye to all my pokemon hehe
could any1 help me to transfer it to my new save slot from the old one?
if so, please pm me ?

thanks alot <33
Are you able to get the Pokemon Bank? Because then you could store them and retrieve them easily that way.

Old August 24th, 2014 (04:01 PM).
Howmander

Is there any possible way to cause or repel a particular kind of horde on a given route? I am on route 7 trying to get either a Roselia horde or a Psyduck horde to train SP Att, however, the only other horde that appears on that route is Hoppip and I got hoppip hordes SEVENTEEN TIMES IN A ROW and it's unbelievably frustrating so is there anything that can be done or just keep muddling through the hordes you don't want hoping for one you do?

Old August 24th, 2014 (04:11 PM). Edited August 24th, 2014 by Nusdogg.
Nusdogg
6IV Shiny Master

Nature: Timid
I'm trying to get a Chansey with Seismic Toss as egg move, but my male Primeape and female Mawile doesn't like eachother at the DayCare. If I try a female Mankey with a male Mawile then the babies are Mankey, but nothing vice versa. What's wrong here?

Pokémon AS FC: 0662-4446-7471
Pokemon X FC: 2165-5624-7911
Fighting Type Safari: Meditite, Pancham, Tyrogue
Old August 24th, 2014 (04:14 PM).
TwilightBlade
Protect his very soul.

Keep riding your bike around, as they will produce an egg eventually. The combination of your Primeape and Mawile gives you a 20% chance of getting an egg every certain number of steps.

Quote:
Same species with different ID numbers
Chance of getting an egg; 70% "The two seem to get along very well!"

Same species with same ID numbers
Chance of getting an egg; 50% "The two seem to get along"

Different species with different ID numbers
Chance of getting an egg; 50% "The two seem to get along"

Different species with same ID numbers
Chance of getting an egg; 20% "The two don't seem to like each other"

Different Egg Groups
Chance of getting an egg; 0% "The two prefer to play with other Pokémon more than with each other."

Old August 24th, 2014 (04:19 PM).
Nusdogg
6IV Shiny Master

Nature: Timid
Oh ok. I thought if I get the message saying they don't like each other means an egg will never be produce.

I'll keep riding my bike. Thanks!

Pokémon AS FC: 0662-4446-7471
Pokemon X FC: 2165-5624-7911
Fighting Type Safari: Meditite, Pancham, Tyrogue
Old August 24th, 2014 (04:58 PM).
Zekrom

Quote originally posted by Howmander:
Is there any possible way to cause or repel a particular kind of horde on a given route? I am on route 7 trying to get either a Roselia horde or a Psyduck horde to train SP Att, however, the only other horde that appears on that route is Hoppip and I got hoppip hordes SEVENTEEN TIMES IN A ROW and it's unbelievably frustrating so is there anything that can be done or just keep muddling through the hordes you don't want hoping for one you do?
Nah, there isn't anything you can do about that, unless you're hunting for a horde of Electric types or Steel types, then you can lead with a Static or Magnet Pull Pokemon.

Also, Hoppip hordes are the most common ones on that route, and Roselia ones are kinda rare.

Old August 24th, 2014 (05:02 PM).
Howmander

Quote originally posted by Zekrom:
Nah, there isn't anything you can do about that, unless you're hunting for a horde of Electric types or Steel types, then you can lead with a Static or Magnet Pull Pokemon.

Also, Hoppip hordes are the most common ones on that route, and Roselia ones are kinda rare.
So I'm using the Serebii Hordes list and they just list what hordes there are, is there a site that lists which hordes on which route are rare and common?

Edit: I forgot to say thanks for the reminder about electric types with static because I am indeed trying to get speed occasionally, so the Plusle and Minun hordes have been obviously elusive until now! Thanks again!

Old August 24th, 2014 (05:06 PM).
Zekrom

So I'm using the Serebii Hordes list and they just list what hordes there are, is there a site that lists which hordes on which route are rare and common?

Edit: I forgot to say thanks for the reminder about electric types with static because I am indeed trying to get speed occasionally, so the Plusle and Minun hordes have been obviously elusive until now! Thanks again!
I was looking at Bulbapedia when I said that:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kalos_Route_7#Pok.C3.A9mon

You can do the same for all the routes, just punch in "Kalos route [insert route number here]". Part of the page will have the list of pokes you can catch on their relative rarity.

Old August 25th, 2014 (01:14 AM). Edited August 25th, 2014 by Howmander.
Howmander

Am I (somehow) doing something wrong?? I have been breeding Flabebe and thankfully I have a 6IV parent in daycare and was able to breed up a Flabebe to a 5IV of 31/31/31/31/x/31 so you'd THINK it wouldn't take too long to get 31/x/31/31/31/31 right? Well I'm at Flabebe #42 and EVERY SINGLE ONE has been missing Sp Def IV. Without exception or exaggeration. As the parent Flabebe has 5IV, there have been some babies that have been missing a second IV (which has varied) but the one thing that has been universally the same is the accursed Sp Def. The Flabebe parent is holding an Everstone and it's partner a Destiny knot, I have bred many pokemon so I know I'm not technically doing anything wrong, but it's been the entire day and I'm getting sick to death of seeing Flabebe but is there ANYTHING I can possibly do to reset the cycle or whatever so that I start getting something OTHER than the Sp Def always being missing?? Thanks. (I really just needed to vent my frustration more than anything, but if anyone has suggestions, I would gladly welcome it!)

Edit: Scratch that, make teh grand total 48 pokemon, all invariably missing Sp Def.

Old August 25th, 2014 (02:06 AM).
janejane6178

Quote originally posted by Zekrom:
Are you able to get the Pokemon Bank? Because then you could store them and retrieve them easily that way.
i dont pokemon bank thats why i need help hehe
could u help me :O
Old August 25th, 2014 (04:49 AM).
Kratosx
Flareon Master

Nature: Modest
since there is no wifi anymore for gen 4-5 then you have to get pokebank to transfer them unless you get help trading locally with somone you know in real life with local trading which is the only other way, and 5 dollars for 365 days use of pokebank is ridicously cheap

Currently doings:

Breeding for Shinys

My friend safari pokemons: Shuppet, Pumkaboo, Drifblim

my 3DS FC is:
0216-2224-5730
Old August 25th, 2014 (09:34 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Kratosx:
since there is no wifi anymore for gen 4-5 then you have to get pokebank to transfer them unless you get help trading locally with somone you know in real life with local trading which is the only other way, and 5 dollars for 365 days use of pokebank is ridicously cheap
This. It's meant for preserving this for future generations, so you can just import to Gen. VII from Bank in the future. Or something.

What remains to be seen is if you can go to VII, then back to VI. I doubt it will work like that.

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 25th, 2014 (09:43 AM).
Miau
The Kitten Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Am I (somehow) doing something wrong?? I have been breeding Flabebe and thankfully I have a 6IV parent in daycare and was able to breed up a Flabebe to a 5IV of 31/31/31/31/x/31 so you'd THINK it wouldn't take too long to get 31/x/31/31/31/31 right? Well I'm at Flabebe #42 and EVERY SINGLE ONE has been missing Sp Def IV. Without exception or exaggeration. As the parent Flabebe has 5IV, there have been some babies that have been missing a second IV (which has varied) but the one thing that has been universally the same is the accursed Sp Def. The Flabebe parent is holding an Everstone and it's partner a Destiny knot, I have bred many pokemon so I know I'm not technically doing anything wrong, but it's been the entire day and I'm getting sick to death of seeing Flabebe but is there ANYTHING I can possibly do to reset the cycle or whatever so that I start getting something OTHER than the Sp Def always being missing?? Thanks. (I really just needed to vent my frustration more than anything, but if anyone has suggestions, I would gladly welcome it!)

Edit: Scratch that, make teh grand total 48 pokemon, all invariably missing Sp Def.
Well, that's odd. If you have a 6IV + 5IV parents and you're using the Destiny Knot, then it's very strange that all of them are missing Sp. Def. Check the exact odds for every combination with http://destinyknot.tk. Here's an excerpt for the particular spread you're doing: Breeding parents 31/31/31/31/31/31 and 31/31/31/31/x/31 will produce a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Pokemon 9.8958% of the time or 1 out of every 10.1053 eggs! So yeah. Are you sure the 6IV parent actually has 6IVs? Just save, and then pull them out of the daycare to check with the judge, and then just exit without saving if you don't want to lose egg moves or something.
#300 Skitty
Supporter Collab January 2015
clubs anime avatar
Old August 25th, 2014 (09:55 AM). Edited August 25th, 2014 by Howmander.
Howmander

Quote originally posted by MIAU:
Well, that's odd. If you have a 6IV + 5IV parents and you're using the Destiny Knot, then it's very strange that all of them are missing Sp. Def. Check the exact odds for every combination with http://destinyknot.tk. Here's an excerpt for the particular spread you're doing: Breeding parents 31/31/31/31/31/31 and 31/31/31/31/x/31 will produce a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Pokemon 9.8958% of the time or 1 out of every 10.1053 eggs! So yeah. Are you sure the 6IV parent actually has 6IVs? Just save, and then pull them out of the daycare to check with the judge, and then just exit without saving if you don't want to lose egg moves or something.
Oh no, I'm very sure, it's a Ditto (that I traded for my shiny Metagross and Shiny Talonflame!) and it is the main one I use for all my other pokemon (from Budew up to Snorlax, in regards to the pokedex list of pokemon I am breeding and working my way down the list in reverse order) and I did just run it's stats (Adamant 300, 145, 132, 118, 132, 132 with 252Evs in HP) through an IV calculator (both when I first got it and just now to be sure) and it's definitely an all 31 IV Ditto so that parent isn't the problem. And as I am running through a calculator, I am getting the exact numbers and sometimes the missing SP Def is from the parent Flabebe, but sometimes it's just some random number, but it's always that stat that's missing. If the Ditto had a Calm nature I would consider swapping the Destiny Knot and Everstone between them, but it's Adamant so that won't help unfortunately. I'm kinda losing my mind at the moment to be honest, I'm SO close and it just will not work. A few days ago I had a 3 IV Pancham and the Ditto in daycare and within the first 5 Pancham babies I had lucked out and got the exact 5IV spread I was wanting, but this, this is the bane of my breeding existence!

Quote originally posted by Cyclone:
This. It's meant for preserving this for future generations, so you can just import to Gen. VII from Bank in the future. Or something.

What remains to be seen is if you can go to VII, then back to VI. I doubt it will work like that.
I think they may be concerned that if they don't have a credit card (or they don't have access to someone with a credit card that will let them use it) they can't use it, but I know that you can pay for it using the eShop gift cards (just go into a game store, buy the card, put it on your account and voila, you can get Pokebank) so I think that might be the main thing that is turning people off of getting Pokebank. But if it was a little more obvious that there are other ways of paying for it, people might be more willing to get it.

Old August 25th, 2014 (01:51 PM).
Miau
The Kitten Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Oh no, I'm very sure, it's a Ditto (that I traded for my shiny Metagross and Shiny Talonflame!) and it is the main one I use for all my other pokemon (from Budew up to Snorlax, in regards to the pokedex list of pokemon I am breeding and working my way down the list in reverse order) and I did just run it's stats (Adamant 300, 145, 132, 118, 132, 132 with 252Evs in HP) through an IV calculator (both when I first got it and just now to be sure) and it's definitely an all 31 IV Ditto so that parent isn't the problem. And as I am running through a calculator, I am getting the exact numbers and sometimes the missing SP Def is from the parent Flabebe, but sometimes it's just some random number, but it's always that stat that's missing. If the Ditto had a Calm nature I would consider swapping the Destiny Knot and Everstone between them, but it's Adamant so that won't help unfortunately. I'm kinda losing my mind at the moment to be honest, I'm SO close and it just will not work. A few days ago I had a 3 IV Pancham and the Ditto in daycare and within the first 5 Pancham babies I had lucked out and got the exact 5IV spread I was wanting, but this, this is the bane of my breeding existence!
While it is true that more than half (~58%) of the babies will be missing Sp. Def., breeding 50 Flabebe that are all missing that one is a bit weird. My only suggestion would be also visiting the judge in Kiloude to check some of the babies' IVs, since Flabebe is a gen 6 Pokemon, maybe the calculator has some issues?
#300 Skitty
Supporter Collab January 2015
clubs anime avatar
Old August 25th, 2014 (02:46 PM).
Howmander

Quote originally posted by MIAU:
While it is true that more than half (~58%) of the babies will be missing Sp. Def., breeding 50 Flabebe that are all missing that one is a bit weird. My only suggestion would be also visiting the judge in Kiloude to check some of the babies' IVs, since Flabebe is a gen 6 Pokemon, maybe the calculator has some issues?
Just as an update after SIXTY SIX pokemon, I FINALLY got a batch that had a few pokemon that WERE NOT missing SP Def (although 1 in that batch still was), so I immediately switched it out and the third egg I hatched from the second Flabebe gave me the spread I have been losing my mind trying to get (31/x/31/31/31/31) so I ofcourse renamed that original Flabebe "Cursed" and if anyone wants it to see if it is indeed cursed, they're welcome to it, lol! It took forever but I finally got the IVs I have been trying to get

Old August 25th, 2014 (03:10 PM). Edited August 25th, 2014 by GreenFlame.
GreenFlame
Use Bullet Seed!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to GreenFlame
Just as an update after SIXTY SIX pokemon, I FINALLY got a batch that had a few pokemon that WERE NOT missing SP Def (although 1 in that batch still was), so I immediately switched it out and the third egg I hatched from the second Flabebe gave me the spread I have been losing my mind trying to get (31/x/31/31/31/31) so I ofcourse renamed that original Flabebe "Cursed" and if anyone wants it to see if it is indeed cursed, they're welcome to it, lol! It took forever but I finally got the IVs I have been trying to get
Great! The thing about it is that it's up to chance, but that means it's ultimately up to the RNG which is not truly random. It was just chance that the games calculations repeatedly resulted in -SpDef, just like how you have a chance of breeding all of one gender for many batches on a Pokémon because while the odds are against it, the chance is still there every time you do a new batch.

Also, should I try to breed for a Shiny Froakie? I don't have the Shiny Charm yet but it would be Masuda Method. I don't think it's worth it because of the extremely low chance.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links