• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Phantom Samurai

Finesse & Perfection
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Curious, im assuming that Pokebank is the sole way to transfer Pokemon from generation 5 to generation 6? I'm assuming already that there is no other way, but just in case is there? GTS perhaps?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
How do I get a Pokémon with Happy Hour? I want to make the big $$$ by stacking it with Prize Money Power Lvl 3 and Amulet Coin plus the amount of money you make from the reward of Balm Mushrooms.
Happy Hour is an event only move that came with a special Inkay, so you'd have to get one of those in a trade, or a Smeargle that learned the move via Sketch.

Curious, im assuming that Pokebank is the sole way to transfer Pokemon from generation 5 to generation 6? I'm assuming already that there is no other way, but just in case is there? GTS perhaps?
PokeBank (and Transporter) is the only way to get Pokemon from Gen 5 to Gen 6.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
I still haven't gotten the answer to the Snorlax mystery. After it respawns back on the bridge after defeating the Elite Four (if you fail to catch it the first time), how do you wake it back up to rematch it, and hopefully catch it this time? I can't find out myself because I refuse to delete any of my save files. Can anyone who has just started the game test this out, and find the answer for me?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
I still haven't gotten the answer to the Snorlax mystery. After it respawns back on the bridge after defeating the Elite Four (if you fail to catch it the first time), how do you wake it back up to rematch it, and hopefully catch it this time? I can't find out myself because I refuse to delete any of my save files. Can anyone who has just started the game test this out, and find the answer for me?

You should be able to battle it again just by talking to it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
pokemon storing

hey guys, could any1 help me?
i wanna restart my pokemon x game but i just can't say goodbye to all my pokemon hehe
could any1 help me to transfer it to my new save slot from the old one?
if so, please pm me ? ^_^

thanks alot <33

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
hey guys, could any1 help me?
i wanna restart my pokemon x game but i just can't say goodbye to all my pokemon hehe
could any1 help me to transfer it to my new save slot from the old one?
if so, please pm me ? ^_^

thanks alot <33
Are you able to get the Pokemon Bank? Because then you could store them and retrieve them easily that way.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Is there any possible way to cause or repel a particular kind of horde on a given route? I am on route 7 trying to get either a Roselia horde or a Psyduck horde to train SP Att, however, the only other horde that appears on that route is Hoppip and I got hoppip hordes SEVENTEEN TIMES IN A ROW and it's unbelievably frustrating so is there anything that can be done or just keep muddling through the hordes you don't want hoping for one you do?

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
Years
Primape breeding with Mawile

I'm trying to get a Chansey with Seismic Toss as egg move, but my male Primeape and female Mawile doesn't like eachother at the DayCare. If I try a female Mankey with a male Mawile then the babies are Mankey, but nothing vice versa. What's wrong here?

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Keep riding your bike around, as they will produce an egg eventually. The combination of your Primeape and Mawile gives you a 20% chance of getting an egg every certain number of steps.

Same species with different ID numbers
Chance of getting an egg; 70% "The two seem to get along very well!"

Same species with same ID numbers
Chance of getting an egg; 50% "The two seem to get along"

Different species with different ID numbers
Chance of getting an egg; 50% "The two seem to get along"

Different species with same ID numbers
Chance of getting an egg; 20% "The two don't seem to like each other"

Different Egg Groups
Chance of getting an egg; 0% "The two prefer to play with other Pokémon more than with each other."

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
Years
Oh ok. I thought if I get the message saying they don't like each other means an egg will never be produce.

I'll keep riding my bike. Thanks!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Is there any possible way to cause or repel a particular kind of horde on a given route? I am on route 7 trying to get either a Roselia horde or a Psyduck horde to train SP Att, however, the only other horde that appears on that route is Hoppip and I got hoppip hordes SEVENTEEN TIMES IN A ROW and it's unbelievably frustrating so is there anything that can be done or just keep muddling through the hordes you don't want hoping for one you do?
Nah, there isn't anything you can do about that, unless you're hunting for a horde of Electric types or Steel types, then you can lead with a Static or Magnet Pull Pokemon.

Also, Hoppip hordes are the most common ones on that route, and Roselia ones are kinda rare.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Nah, there isn't anything you can do about that, unless you're hunting for a horde of Electric types or Steel types, then you can lead with a Static or Magnet Pull Pokemon.

Also, Hoppip hordes are the most common ones on that route, and Roselia ones are kinda rare.

So I'm using the Serebii Hordes list and they just list what hordes there are, is there a site that lists which hordes on which route are rare and common?

Edit: I forgot to say thanks for the reminder about electric types with static because I am indeed trying to get speed occasionally, so the Plusle and Minun hordes have been obviously elusive until now! Thanks again!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
So I'm using the Serebii Hordes list and they just list what hordes there are, is there a site that lists which hordes on which route are rare and common?

Edit: I forgot to say thanks for the reminder about electric types with static because I am indeed trying to get speed occasionally, so the Plusle and Minun hordes have been obviously elusive until now! Thanks again!
I was looking at Bulbapedia when I said that:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kalos_Route_7#Pok.C3.A9mon

You can do the same for all the routes, just punch in "Kalos route [insert route number here]". Part of the page will have the list of pokes you can catch on their relative rarity.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Am I (somehow) doing something wrong?? I have been breeding Flabebe and thankfully I have a 6IV parent in daycare and was able to breed up a Flabebe to a 5IV of 31/31/31/31/x/31 so you'd THINK it wouldn't take too long to get 31/x/31/31/31/31 right? Well I'm at Flabebe #42 and EVERY SINGLE ONE has been missing Sp Def IV. Without exception or exaggeration. As the parent Flabebe has 5IV, there have been some babies that have been missing a second IV (which has varied) but the one thing that has been universally the same is the accursed Sp Def. The Flabebe parent is holding an Everstone and it's partner a Destiny knot, I have bred many pokemon so I know I'm not technically doing anything wrong, but it's been the entire day and I'm getting sick to death of seeing Flabebe but is there ANYTHING I can possibly do to reset the cycle or whatever so that I start getting something OTHER than the Sp Def always being missing?? Thanks. (I really just needed to vent my frustration more than anything, but if anyone has suggestions, I would gladly welcome it!)

Edit: Scratch that, make teh grand total 48 pokemon, all invariably missing Sp Def. >:(

Last edited:

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
since there is no wifi anymore for gen 4-5 then you have to get pokebank to transfer them unless you get help trading locally with somone you know in real life with local trading which is the only other way, and 5 dollars for 365 days use of pokebank is ridicously cheap

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
since there is no wifi anymore for gen 4-5 then you have to get pokebank to transfer them unless you get help trading locally with somone you know in real life with local trading which is the only other way, and 5 dollars for 365 days use of pokebank is ridicously cheap
This. It's meant for preserving this for future generations, so you can just import to Gen. VII from Bank in the future. Or something.

What remains to be seen is if you can go to VII, then back to VI. I doubt it will work like that.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Am I (somehow) doing something wrong?? I have been breeding Flabebe and thankfully I have a 6IV parent in daycare and was able to breed up a Flabebe to a 5IV of 31/31/31/31/x/31 so you'd THINK it wouldn't take too long to get 31/x/31/31/31/31 right? Well I'm at Flabebe #42 and EVERY SINGLE ONE has been missing Sp Def IV. Without exception or exaggeration. As the parent Flabebe has 5IV, there have been some babies that have been missing a second IV (which has varied) but the one thing that has been universally the same is the accursed Sp Def. The Flabebe parent is holding an Everstone and it's partner a Destiny knot, I have bred many pokemon so I know I'm not technically doing anything wrong, but it's been the entire day and I'm getting sick to death of seeing Flabebe but is there ANYTHING I can possibly do to reset the cycle or whatever so that I start getting something OTHER than the Sp Def always being missing?? Thanks. (I really just needed to vent my frustration more than anything, but if anyone has suggestions, I would gladly welcome it!)

Edit: Scratch that, make teh grand total 48 pokemon, all invariably missing Sp Def. >:(

Well, that's odd. If you have a 6IV + 5IV parents and you're using the Destiny Knot, then it's very strange that all of them are missing Sp. Def. Check the exact odds for every combination with http://destinyknot.tk. Here's an excerpt for the particular spread you're doing: Breeding parents 31/31/31/31/31/31 and 31/31/31/31/x/31 will produce a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Pokemon 9.8958% of the time or 1 out of every 10.1053 eggs! So yeah. Are you sure the 6IV parent actually has 6IVs? Just save, and then pull them out of the daycare to check with the judge, and then just exit without saving if you don't want to lose egg moves or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back