• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Release] Pokemon Sekai

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
yQd7fgD.png

Explore the new and original Sekai Region, a huge world filled with characters, an expansive backstory and tons of hidden content! This is a game I've been working on for about 10 months now, and I feel that it's finally at a point where I'd be able to share with you what I've done so far. Pokemon Sekai uses HGSS graphics with BW-style overworlds and character designs.

Our Story

I don't like to give away much story, so I'll leave it at this:

You've grown up with your best friend Kiran in Kaishi City, one of the largest cities in the Sekai Region's Hidarino Prefecture. Since you were young, the two of you have both dreamed of leaving Kaishi City, becoming Pokemon trainers and exploring the Sekai Region.
One day, a strange man from a foreign place visits the city, and through a fateful encounter and a chance series of events, this dream becomes a reality.

Pokemon Sekai is named so because it's all about your journey through the Sekai Region. This journey will take you across lands and seas, meeting new people, and into the past and back again.

Beta Content
  • 6-8 hours of gameplay (should be around level 35 upon finishing)
  • Many various locations, including 6 unique Towns in the first 2 of 6 prefectures of the Sekai Region!
  • 2 Gyms
  • 3 Major Story Arcs
  • Many changed typings and abilities for existing Pokemon
  • 6 new moves
  • 5 new abilities

Final Game Content
  • A choice of male or female protagonist (unfortunately not included in the beta, sorry!)
  • All 721 Pokemon available
  • Even more changes to existing Pokemon, including stats and level of evolution.
  • Even more new abilities!
  • Possibly a few more new moves

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Other things to note:

• This game doesn't have any fakemon. I think that fakemon are something it is very difficult to do well, and I don't think that I have the ability to make them to a standard that I would be happy with.
  • This game also does not include mega evolution. With many of the changes that I will be making to Pokemon's moves, states, abilities and typings (many of which greatly resemble their mega-evolved forms), it is of my personal opinion that mega-evolution is not a necessary feature in Pokemon Sekai. Also, I don't like mega evolution so...yep.

Known Bugs

• No bugs currently known : ).
  • If you happen to find any spelling/grammar/punctuation errors, report them at your liberty as well (but through a private message). Knowing these errors are out there makes me die a little inside.

Credits
Firstly and foremostly, I do not own anything part of the Pokemon franchise, and am just a big fan with big dreamz.
Maruno of Pokemon Community, for making everything/anything possible.
Amethyst, the creator of Pokemon Reborn for script and pbs file help
AtomicReactor, for his youtube videos which got me off the ground
P-Sign,
Sprites, tiles and overworlds: Dewitty, Kyle-Dove, EpicDay, ChaoticCherryCake, Thatsowitty
WorldSlayer for battle backgrounds
No music is created or owned by me. Music used in this game from the Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts and Xenoblade franchises, as well as music from the films of Studio Ghibli. All music is the work of the fantastic composers for these companies.
If you recognize any of your work in here that I have forgotten to recognise please let me know and I will add you to the list : )

DOWNLOAD LINK: Game is being recreated. No download link for the time being.

To install patches, extract the folders and copy + paste their contents into the game folder, overwriting everything when prompted.

Come join the subreddit at www.reddit.com/r/PokemonSekai

Last edited:

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
Years
Another Atomic Reactor student. Welcome!

Lots of people will want to know more about your story, I know I did.

Keep up the good work.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The page says that the link was taken down, could you please upload it again?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I can't use Rock smash. I beat Malcolm and taught it to a pokemon, but it says I need a new badge. What gives?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
Hi Leocain. Yeah I've been made aware of this, and have updated the main thread. Probably expect a patch release in the next day or so. Sorry about that, it was just a scripting oversight because the debug testing mode allows the use of all HMs at all times. Forgot to ammend it for the proper game.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The only other bug I noted was when I talked with the girls in Kaishi City (the ones talking about a skirt) one of them shoved my character and Kiran, and couldn't move after that.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
Patch 1.01 uploaded. To install, extract the folder and copy + paste its contents into the game folder, overwriting everything when prompted.

This should fix all bugs I have been made aware of up to now, and allow you to use Rock Smash to proceed through the game. Please continue to make me aware of any other bugs present (preferably through the Pokemon Sekai subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonSekai) so that I can make the game as polished as possible : )

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Ok ok ok so lets see storyline couldn't be better u can always have to many spoilers also u seem like u want this to be the best it can be and ur really excited remember not to rush and maybe if u wanna make ur own sprites or have someone help u so the main characters and other characters look better it looks more official and its a crowd pleaser. Keep up the great work!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
Thanks man, and yeah, I am pretty keen on this but the whole time I've been working on it I've made a conscious decision to only release stuff when it's good enough. Unfortunately my spriting and anything graphic design is abysmal. At some point I hope to collaborate with someone who can improve those deficiencies so that Pokemon Sekai can resemble those games/hacks that I admire.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Thats just what i would like to hear as long as u dont rush it and make sure its quality b4 quantity ur great good luck with the project and ill constantly follow it to see how its going!

Back