• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: GBA Intro Manager

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years

GBA Intro Manager

onvpsGW.png

Features:

This program can edit almost anything about the intro sequences of any 3rd generation Pokémon game, from the music played to the position where the player spawns.

Some notable inclusions are a proper truck removal patch and the fact that not only the image but the cry of the professor's Pokémon are changed. It also includes many of my older patches right inside, such as the gender choice skip, and the "intro enhancement" patches that allow for the X and Y positions of the starting position be changed.

Best of all, though, is that it's safe to use. I've seen other intro managers that do really unsafe things, like replace a "mov r1, #0x0" instruction in order to fit in more possibilities of Pokémon IDs. This one works around these issues when it can, but avoids them entirely when it's not easily doable.

Download:

https://github.com/Sierraffinity/GBAIntroManager/releases/latest
This program requires .NET version 4.0 or higher.
Also, I'm really sorry for not releasing this as a multi-platform program, but I used C# and .NET to make it, so multi-platform compatibility isn't easy.

Credits:

Jambo51 - Used some of his Trainer Editor source for stuff like INI reading and game text-reading.
colcolstyles - For the discovery of the "seconds on the title screen" value.
xGal - For writing the tutorial that I used to start this foray into the world of hack tool creation.

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I remember you mentioning this in the irc and showing us the github, looks pretty damn nice :D

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks looks great. Cant wait to try it out.

Sierraffinity

Years
I remember you mentioning this in the irc and showing us the github, looks pretty damn nice :D
Thank you!
Thanks looks great. Cant wait to try it out.
Thanks! Please tell me if you encounter any issues, or if you have features you'd like to see implemented.
Neat!
I remember one tool that has one feature of this tool, SMCA.
SMCA was a neat tool, but it was limited as Hackmew didn't have as much knowledge of the ROM as we do today. Because of that, I decided it was time to have a new iteration of this kind of program.
This could have saved me so much work & research lol looks sweet!!
You should try to add 'skip rival intro'
Thank you! I was actually thinking of adding the "skip rival naming" bit of the intro, but decided against it at the last moment. It wouldn't be that hard to implement, I think, but it's just a bit more involved than the other things I have included. You'd have to supply a free space offset, for example, for the program to be able to insert everything it needs.

Turtl3Skulll

Blue Turtl3
Years
Thank you!
Thank you! I was actually thinking of adding the "skip rival naming" bit of the intro, but decided against it at the last moment. It wouldn't be that hard to implement, I think, but it's just a bit more involved than the other things I have included. You'd have to supply a free space offset, for example, for the program to be able to insert everything it needs.

Do you mean YOU'd have to provide an offset prior to patching or like the user would be asked to add an offset??

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Do you mean YOU'd have to provide an offset prior to patching or like the user would be asked to add an offset??

The user proably would cause its a super pain in the psyduck to get it to find freespace itself.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
I found a slight bug. When Starting pc item is set to no item the program gets an invalid string error.

Sierraffinity

Years

The user proably would cause its a super pain in the psyduck to get it to find freespace itself.
That's what I meant, but I figured out a way around it.
A simple interface, and it seems to work so far.
Very nice!
Thank you!
I found a slight bug. When Starting pc item is set to no item the program gets an invalid string error.
Fixed in v0.1.0!

GBA Intro Manager v0.1.0

Today, GBA Intro Manager has been updated to v0.1.0. The major change in this version is the inclusion of a rival naming sequence remover! Download it from the first post, and please report any bugs.

Years
That's what I meant, but I figured out a way around it.

Thank you!

Fixed in v0.1.0!

GBA Intro Manager v0.1.0

Today, GBA Intro Manager has been updated to v0.1.0. The major change in this version is the inclusion of a rival naming sequence remover! Download it from the first post, and please report any bugs.

This is such a nice little tool! It's so user friendly but it can actually get stuff done. I love how you thought of the little things like the number of seconds it stays on the title screen. Later on when I have more time I'll try out your new version and try to break it ^_^ , but from the attempts I've tried so far I've had no success.

Sierraffinity

Years
This is such a nice little tool! It's so user friendly but it can actually get stuff done. I love how you thought of the little things like the number of seconds it stays on the title screen. Later on when I have more time I'll try out your new version and try to break it ^_^ , but from the attempts I've tried so far I've had no success.
Thanks a lot!

I just updated the tool to v0.1.1, fixing a small bug where the comboboxes could try to load a value too big for them. Download from the first post!

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
Great tool! I had to change the .ini to make it compatible with GenIII Suite, but it works perfectly

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
Thanks! Would you mind telling me how it was incompatible?
I wanted to change the Professor Intro Pokemon, but all options from the list were blank. Then I changed "PokemonNames", "PokemonImageTable" and "PokemonPaletteTable" according to GenIII .ini and everything worked fine. I was not sure of what I was doing but it turned out well.

Sierraffinity

Years
I wanted to change the Professor Intro Pokemon, but all options from the list were blank. Then I changed "PokemonNames", "PokemonImageTable" and "PokemonPaletteTable" according to GenIII .ini and everything worked fine. I was not sure of what I was doing but it turned out well.
Ah, sounds like you expanded the amount of Pokémon and that repointed the data. Glad you figured it out!

Back