• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Pokémon-Amie Photography Contest (Winner announced!)

Vote!

• Skyy and Leafeon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Venitardus and Froakie

• Blue and Altaria

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Pokémon-Amie
Photography Contest
Hello, and welcome!
Welcome to XY's first ever Pokémon-Amie Photography Contest! Here, our primary objective is to capture various pictures of any one Pokémon we choose using the newly-introduced Amie feature, and show them off to our community. Eventually, when we have gathered enough entries, we will then proceed to voting round, and let PC decide which set of screens we like best. The winner will be awarded a special emblem, and so will all participants. This event is here mainly for us to have fun, so if we're taking part, let us please enjoy. Without further ado, here are our guidelines!
How will entries be judged?
Once we submit our screens, they will be put into a new thread for voting where we all get to choose our favorites. During then, it would be mandority to state proper reasoning behind our selection, while putting all of these aspects such as positioning, posing, and so forth into consideration.
so, what are our rules?
If we would like to take part in this event, let's please take a moment to read the following rules.
- This contest will last approximately three weeks; first two will be for entering, and the last week will be our voting round.
- To enter, we must fill out the form below and post reply to this thread accordingly.
- It is required to lend some info on the Pokémon we are entering with, as stated in registration form.
- All images we provide must be ours and ours only. If they are someone else's, we will be disqualified.
- During voting period, we may not cast vote to our own entries; for fairness, we must choose someone else.
- Let's try our best to enjoy and have fun!
finally, registration form
As stated above in our guidelines, to enter this contest, all we would have to do is fill out this form and post reply.
[b]Name[/b]: Our forum username.
[b]Pokémon[/b]: Which Pokémon are we entering with?
[b]Screens[/b]: Links to screenshots.
Deadline: February 14
Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura for certain thread design bits.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
Years
I'd like to enter, but how do you take a screenshot of amie in X/Y? I thought you couldn't.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'd like to enter, but how do you take a screenshot of amie in X/Y? I thought you couldn't.
You'd have to use a phone or a camera to take the picture of the screen and then upload it to something like imgur or Photobucket so you can post it here.

Years
*has a capture modded 3DS*

Can this be done on ORAS or does it have to be XY? Not that i'm opposed to that; I do have plenty of Pokémon on X that I could do this with.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
Quick tip to photographers: if you don't want blurry photos, hold your camera a little farther from the screen and then either zoom or crop. Often times the camera can't focus on something so close -- the minimum focus length on mine with the kit lens is something like 12 inches IIRC.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
*has a capture modded 3DS*

Can this be done on ORAS or does it have to be XY? Not that i'm opposed to that; I do have plenty of Pokémon on X that I could do this with.
I suppose you could do it on either one....wouldn't really look any different if you did it on X/Y or ORAS.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
The OP says "various pictures of any one Pokémon we choose," but what's the minimum/maximum number of photos per user?

Also, suppose we take a completed Tile Puzzle picture (like Fun Size did) and include different Pokémon in the background. For instance, the focal point is Lapras while Omastar and Gastrodon are in the background. Would that be acceptable, or would all Pokémon in the photo have to be the same species?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
The OP says "various pictures of any one Pokémon we choose," but what's the minimum/maximum number of photos per user?

Also, suppose we take a completed Tile Puzzle picture (like Fun Size did) and include different Pokémon in the background. For instance, the focal point is Lapras while Omastar and Gastrodon are in the background. Would that be acceptable, or would all Pokémon in the photo have to be the same species?
Maximum number of photos is 3 per person, keep all the species the same.

Question, will the Poképuff have little if any effect on scores, along with visiting pokémon?
You can use any aspect of Pokemon-Amie you want. It's more of an artistic contest than anything.

Does this help or.....?

Question: What's the best way to take a near-perfect photo?

90FC3C posted some tips in a post above:

90FC3C said:
Quick tip to photographers: if you don't want blurry photos, hold your camera a little farther from the screen and then either zoom or crop. Often times the camera can't focus on something so close -- the minimum focus length on mine with the kit lens is something like 12 inches IIRC.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
I'll join in. i'll use the pokemon i find the cutest ever :)

Name: Gogoat Rocks!
Pokémon: Furret
Screens: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BimX_jAN0qzJhWsx2dD2uTgkFsDoJ9sQhmSxbBnsUDI
(3 pics)

if you wanna take pics of Furret here are some tips:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back