• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Move Resource Thread

Years
The following is Boomburst animation for Emerald that translated from MrDollSteak's Rombase.

Spoiler:

Years
Hi, i have a question about the psystrike effect.

@swapphysicalspecialdefence
copyarray 0x020247DC @fourbytesoffreespace 2
copyarray 0x020247DA 0x020247DC 2
copyarray @fourbytesoffreespace 0x020247DA 2
copyarray 0x02024840 @anotherfourbytesoffreespace 2
copyarray 0x0202483E 0x02024840 2
copyarray @anotherfourbytesoffreespace 0x0202483E 2
return

Ok, but what are :
_ 0x020247DC
_0x020247DA
_0x02024840
_0x0202483E
Yeah i imagine what they are, but when i tried to find them with the VBA's memory vewer there are just lines of "00".
It is for FireRed, right ?

Edit : I tried to make this effect in Emerald :
Spoiler:

I don't know if it works. I'll try it tomorrow.

Last edited:

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
Hi, i have a question about the psystrike effect.

Ok, but what are :
_ 0x020247DC
_0x020247DA
_0x02024840
_0x0202483E
Yeah i imagine what they are, but when i tried to find them with the VBA's memory vewer there are just lines of "00".
It is for FireRed, right ?

Edit : I tried to make this effect in Emerald :
Spoiler:

I don't know if it works. I'll try it tomorrow.

Please forget that post. I was a noob at the time. I'm sorry.
There was only a slight amount of testing done and it doesn't account for any unique causes, so it's probably bugged as hell the Distortion World.

Years
I think, if we swap the Def and the spe Def of the two allies and the two enemies, it will work. The AI will use it very badly, but I'm doing it to make two signature moves (mewtwo and keldeo if I remember). So this move will be used by the user, not the AI.

just I need explanation about "copyarray". What does the "2" do at the end of this command ? I think I have to find free ram space by myself, maybe bsp can't find it alone.
Thanks

Last edited:

Trainer 781

I think, if we swap the Def and the spe Def of the two allies and the two enemies, it will work. The AI will use it very badly, but I'm doing it to make two signature moves (mewtwo and keldeo if I remember). So this move will be used by the user, not the AI.

just I need explanation about "copyarray". What does the "2" do at the end of this command ? I think I have to find free ram space by myself, maybe bsp can't find it alone.
Thanks

Only swapping def and sp def won't do the job mate, defense stat changes, plus abilties affecting the defense and sp def also do matter.

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
Only swapping def and sp def won't do the job mate, defense stat changes, plus abilties affecting the defense and sp def also do matter.

That's what I meant. Please forgive my noobishness at that time, I've realized a long time ago already it requires some glorious ASMAGIX.

Years
Oh, yes sorry I totally forgot abilities and moves like magic mirror. So, is there a function like calculateSpeAttack, calculateDeffense then calculatedamages? :p
What is Asmagix?

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
What is Asmagix?

I googled ASMAGIX because I was wondering that too, the first page has one link to PC where someone mentions it then says, more serious answer ... . Maybe a troll term?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I googled ASMAGIX because I was wondering that too, the first page has one link to PC where someone mentions it then says, more serious answer ... . Maybe a troll term?

It's a play on the term "ASM" or "Assembly" which is the language the GBA runs on.

Years
It's a play on the term "ASM" or "Assembly" which is the language the GBA runs on.

I know this, but i thought that it is an language between ASM and C or a simplified ASM.

Edit :

I tried something to make the swap. I know it's a wrong way to create the move but I did it like a training.
But when I use it, the effect resets the game.
Here my effect :
Spoiler:

Why ?

I also tried to did it just for the first Pokemon in my team in ASM, but it also resets the game.
Here my ASM code :
Spoiler:

Why ? It's my codes ? It's the action which is forbidden ?

Edit : Ok, forget this, i found the solution.
But i have another question ! How to port the callasm command ? I compile the routine with the address 0x02024214 for the scriptlocation. Ok, but I have to repoint and extend the battle script command table to had the new command F9 XX XX XX 08. Where is this table ? And how do you find it ?

Last edited:
Years
A new attack particle:
Healing Sparkles:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Fire Sprite (new, removed some of the edges):
Spoiler:

Horn Sprite:
Spoiler:

Mean Look:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
So I made the effect for Oblivion Wings for Emerald.

First insert this routine :
Spoiler:

Then here is the effect:
Spoiler:

It looks working, but i'm not 100% sure. And I think that "Liqid Ooze" does nothing.

Edit : Wrong !

Last edited:
Years
Some new effects:
1. Crush Grip: Just use the callasm statement after the announcement of attack and before the damage calculation.
Spoiler:

There is a problem with the script. When you call the routine, it sets the base damages. But when you calculate damages, it resets the damages to the base damages of the move.

Trainer 781

There is a problem with the script. When you call the routine, it sets the base damages. But when you calculate damages, it resets the damages to the base damages of the move.

Could you please be more clear that what are you trying to stay. I am unable to understand.

Years
Could you please be more clear that what are you trying to stay. I am unable to understand.

I call the routine, the base power of the move is set. The calculation is good. So 0x020244E0 (Emerald) takes 0x79 if the enemy is full life.
And then the calculate damage is called, and the base damages are reset. So 0x020244E0 takes 0x1 because in PGE I set the move's base power to 1.
So the damages inflicted to the foe are very low.

Trainer 781

I call the routine, the base power of the move is set. The calculation is good. So 0x020244E0 (Emerald) takes 0x79 if the enemy is full life.
And then the calculate damage is called, and the base damages are reset. So 0x020244E0 takes 0x1 because in PGE I set the move's base power to 1.
So the damages inflicted to the foe are very low.

You used the wrong offset for base power, use 0x02024400 instead

Years
Here is my effect for V-Create. I used the Spherical Ice's effect for Close Combat.
It is for Emerald.

First we need to insert seven battle scripts.
Spoiler:

The we have to insert this routine at 0xHHHHHH.
Spoiler:

And last, we have to insert the effect for the attack.
Spoiler:

With this effect, you have different animation for each possibility.

Years
Here's an updated version of Fire Fang that better resembles the DS Fire Fang:
Spoiler:

Also a couple of new moves:
Dark Pulse:
Spoiler:

Rock Smash:
Spoiler:

By the way, is Spherical Ice busy or something? Because no one seems to be updating the OP with new animations/effects/sprites.

Last edited:
Back