• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Clover- A /vp/ based hack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015

P5o7RZq.png

Project Introduction:
Pokemon Clover is an exciting new rom-hack project straight out of 4chan's /vp/ board! Led by me, known as Camerupt on the threads, Pokemon Clover is a project that aims to create a hack using 151(and eventually more) fakemon created by /vp/ users, some based in memes, and some designed simply to be cool. We pride ourselves on 4chan for having a fun, fast moving, and laid-back game project as opposed the the survey heavy and slow moving projects like Pokeaus and Pokemon Sage.

Do not make the mistake of discounting us because we are from 4chan! We are a very friendly and tight-knit development team that always do things in the best interest of our fun project! We would love all the help we can get, we promise we wont bite! In fact we have come to Pokecommunity to recruit more experienced hackers to help bolster our amateur development team!

Our game's main region called Fochun, is based on Southern California (and Kanto's model to an extent), featuring tropical coasts to the south, grasslands in the center, and mountains to the north.

That being said lets get on with the hack Introduction:

Game Introduction:
Welcome to the Fochun region! A faraway region filled with strange new Pokemon! You are Viol (boy) or s4s-tan (girl), a ten year old setting out on from Veepier town on a journey to be the very best like no one ever was!

Along the way you will meet Prof.Stump (played by award winning actor Danny Devito!), the Fochun region's foremost authority on Pokemon research; Edgie, your mysterious and dark new rival; and you will fight against the strange new criminal syndicate TEAM KARMA, and come to find out their strange relation to the mighty legendary Pokemon Clovenix!

The Fochun region is one of strange origin, having been occupied by the Kantonian Japanese for a period, where they had begin to model the development of the new region after their homeland, however unfamiliarity with the wildlife (and getting BTFO by the region's protector Clovenix) sent them packing. In it's beginning, a deity created the region as a fun little project, slowly working on it and building it up, eventually the creator began to become attached to his new little region and made a powerful legendary called Clovenix to protect and watch over it by giving it the power to alter destiny.

thousands of years later the criminal organization Team Karma seeks to use Clovenix's fortune altering powers to their advantage, but first they must build themselves up. Team Karma must be stopped before they become powerful enough to execute their plan!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Clover makes use of Mr.Dollsteak's Attack and Decap rombase, featuring the physical/special split, New moves, and the Fairy type!
(Game also contains some swearing so do not play around the kiddies! Most of it comes out of Prof. Stump though.)

Features (copied from our 4chan OP):
>FireRed hack
>252 Fakemon, created by /vp/
>Trainers will be made more challenging and edited to use the new Pokemon
>The Fochun region is all new (for the most part)
>Uses MrDollSteak's decap/attack patch
>A second region: The Ebin Islands! (Second release+)
>Battle Facility where you can rematch people and buy rare items (Second release+)

Screenshots:
Spoiler: Clover Screenshots

D4kIoQY.png
yfC92hr.png
k3w9ST9.png
uslPiME.png

7jqtpRu.png
17WawrC.png
iDFUl1O.png
JkvoQRH.png

bHV692h.png
1ML8QjX.png
5qB0tq3.png
i6rhTce.png
7rtEGRi.png

New Screenshots 4/14:
p8TpGH4.png
L90v1yP.png
5BwlGVv.png
fFHI50a.png

The Fochun Region:
Spoiler: Fochun Region map

USL43QY.png

Map Guide:
Spoiler: Map key

1. Veepier Town
A small little town home to the Stump Pokemon research lab

2.Vitlya City
A suburban city hailed as a "virtual paradise"

3.Gadech City
A city in the mountains full of aspiring technology buffs and startups. Also has a science museum.

4.Actuvit City
A riverside city full of physically active citizens

5. Triport City
The Fochun region's seaport and gateway to the world!

6. Parax Town
A quiet, sleepy little town. Dont turn your back for long because you might just get spooped! Boo!

7. Beehive City
A thriving hive of activity and the capital of the Fochun region!

8. Animango City
An eastern style city that stayed in japanese tradition long after the japanese occupation of Fochun ended.

9. Esfores City
A fun and cozy city with lots to see including the Safari zone

10. Outcast Island
LEAVE NORMIES
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
(I wouldnt suggest going here, lots of very unfrendly inhabitants and unethical research going on)

11. Fochun League
The final destination of your badeg collecting journey, good luck getting here!

12. Innawoods Town
A mountain town that is more like a cabin resort than a real city, gym leaders hang out here to train

13. Battle Channel
An exclusive battle club set on an island off the coast, only the best of the best trainers can cut it here!

POINTS OF INTEREST:

1. Vitlya Forest

2. Mt.Moot
A mountain containing the burial site of Fochun's deceased president Moot.

3. Juarecito's Border Hop entrance

4. Border hop exit & Wetback trail
A fun sidequest area

5. Crashed Spacecraft
A mysterious alien vessel that appears to have crashed into the plains below.

6. Rock tunnel (rename me anons!) entrance

7. Rock tunnel exit

8. Burial Tower
A graveyard tower for both people and pokemon

9. Safari Zone

10. Blacksmith Manor
An abandoned mansion and laboratory where three deranged craftsmen created wicked inventions, rumor has it 3 powerful pokemon sleep deep inside.

11. Lake Virgin & Crystalline Caverns
A perfectly pure lake untouched by human hands, in the center is an island cave containing glimmering white crystals.

12. Victory Road

------- Postgame spoilers (strikedashed)
13. Zanyis Town or what's left of it...
The fresh ruins of what was once a thriving town, who's citizens all mysteriously died one night when a purple fog rolled into town

14. Rotting Pit
They say the killer always returns to the scene of the crime...

15. Admin's Woods
A beautiful hollow who's sole inhabitant is an oddly familiar man and his greyhound-breed Masdawg

The Pokemon Clover Pokedex:
Spoiler: Fochun Pokedex: NOW WITH 252
e9VAcoy.png

Videos (New 4/14):

Pokemon Clover development team (by 4chan tripcode names):

Lead director - Camerupt (CloverCamerupt)
Spriters - DrawingpadAnon, Fifz, Avidraco, Menu-anon, Digidex
Mapper - Dexanon, Numel
Scripting, and various graphics - "Palette guy" Zack, Numel
Original creator - Numel

Mr.Dollsteak - The Firered decap/attack rombase

And a ton of others!

What we are looking for:
(Top priority)
-XSE Scripters
-Experienced Advance Map users
(Medium Priority)
-People who can make custom move animations (Like in the ChaosRush thread)
-People who know how to use Sappy to make custom music
-More Pokemon and trainer spriters (we already have some but the more the merrier!)

Pokemon Clover's 2 gym alpha (VERY BUGGY, DOES NOT YET FEATURE THE CUSTOM MAPS SEEN IN SCREENSHOTS):
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00968247575020470394

We know that the Alpha has many bugs, and the majority of them have already either been fixed (The nicknaming text glitch, 2nd rival battle crashing) or are in the process of being fixed (Several boinked item boxes). Please send reports of small bugs to my PM box, most of them will probably already have been fixed! For larger bugs, please post them on the main thread.

The alpha also has many non-bug issues including incorrect wild pokemon on route 4, the second leader being too easy, and several text errors that have all also already been fixed!

Closing:
In conclusion, we are a fun romhack project that hopes not to take itself too seriously while also maintaining a strong dev team. We have a lot of fun developing this game and we hope that some of you will want to join in too!

Last edited:
Years
I must say this is some hack you've got here Clover. I love the fact that you've taken people from 4chan and have actually worked together to create a hack. It's not something you see everyday and it's not a site you'd expect people to do something like this on.

Anyways to be more "on topic" your story could use a little work to be honest. It's very cliché, but then again there really isn't much you've said so there's not much to go off of (although I do find it humorous that you've based the hack's professor on an actor). There also seems to be a problem with a couple of your screenshots. These to be exact:

17WawrC.png

iDFUl1O.png

The first one has "sleep" spelled wrong and it should be "sleeping" to be more grammatically correct and the second screenshot says "Take Blobbi", but in the first screenshot it says "Blobbo is slepp". Now if you don't see the problem it's that there are two different names for the same Pokemon sooooo there's a spelling error somewhere.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
The names and designs of the starters and some other fakemon on this list while expected of 4chan in general, and are funny does kinda clash with what people expect in a pokemon game. I say more power to you though, I'm just worried if a moderator thinks that it's innapropriate. I wont say anything though you guys all appeared to work hard so I'd hate to ruin a good thing regardless of my viewpoint.

My only reccomendation is that on some fakemon that you not use official images of certain pokemon edited into a new form like with Pikotton or that one beast with the face of a Koffing or the twisted creepypasta variation of the Chansey line because that can likely attract nintendo's lawyers to shut down this project much quicker even though Nintendo themselves are supposed to be supportive of fan games. If you were to make said pokemon an alternate set of evolutions instead then that would likely be better I think.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
i would've created a new storyline and maps with your 4chan board. people could share ideas, map bases and the ones who can hack will put it in...

Years
  • Age 22
  • UK
  • Seen May 3, 2016
For the Blobbos situation: This is an inside joke from where people started posting 'Blobbo is slepp. Pls don't wake Bolbi' on the threads.
I'm 'Numel' by the way.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Screenshots aren't much to go on, but some of your Fakemon are appealing. Although some aren't quite to my tastes, but the fossil pokemon look quite nice, and the ideas behind a few are pretty interesting!

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years
I laughed harder than I should've looking at the dex. But the intro sprites look really nice. I'll check up on this.

Capitalist Ness

can't stump the trump
Years
I've lurked the thread on /vp/ from time to time, but I've never really paid attention to the state of work.
Laughed my ass off at quite a few of fakes. Spending time getting the names and references was pretty fun. It actually does references pretty well for my tastes, you're not shoving them up our throats, like Dong Rising did.

I wish you good luck with the hack, and try not to drop it anytime soon.

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
Years
I'm not a big fan of Fakemon hacks, but the Fakemon themselves look pretty decent. :) BUT YOU NEED TO STOP WITH RECTREEM, CONDOOM, AND EBOLABLE. XD I think the story can be improved, though, I'll play the alpha when I get the chance. :)

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
Years
I guess I have to play the devils advocate here, and I am truly sorry for that.
I have seen this project multiple times while browsing /vp/ and I have to say this hack has never really impressed me like Sage has. Maybe that is a personal bias towards Fakemon, idk. I just don't like the Fakemon, Sprites, Etc.
I do wish you the best of luck though.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
They took up enough space on the front page for me to expect something good came out of this. And to think, /vp/ hates ROM hacks! I'm well-equipped in board culture so it will be worth my time.

Years
  • Age 22
  • UK
  • Seen May 3, 2016
I guess I have to play the devils advocate here, and I am truly sorry for that.
I have seen this project multiple times while browsing /vp/ and I have to say this hack has never really impressed me like Sage has. Maybe that is a personal bias towards Fakemon, idk. I just don't like the Fakemon, Sprites, Etc.
I do wish you the best of luck though.
Clover is a more relaxed version of Sage. Clover is a game where you can experience a bit of challenge, use some pretty neat mons, etcera. I'm currently working on a sequel made with Essentials, which will take a more serious approach. If you don't like the mons, that's okay. They aren't for everyone.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Ah, a 4chanian hack! =P Looks like you've put a lot of thought into it already and planned out everything well. I like how it's obvious you're doing it for fun! You guys should be proud of the new content it looks great. Best of luck!

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Hell yeah, Tentaquil :D Looks like a good start guys. I remember when /vp/ was doing this with RPG Maker XP, never followed up on whether or not it was completed but this is looking pretty good so far. Hope to see more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back