• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Years
Thanks Luka, I'm making tests to put something on my game, the battle system are so beautiful, and I like the idea of the Trainers have an animation.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I understand what you mean with the packaging. There is currently 10 separate things, so it's not the nicest of methods of distribution. But you're wrong with regards to using just "parts" of this package. The Bitmap Wrappers and new sprite classes I wrote can be used in Essentials as a standalone, and they are pretty nifty to have. If someone wanted just the animated sprites portion of this here system, they can do that. Also segmentation makes it easier for me to update, and fix parts of the system (as I already have done). Instead of having to reupload the whole package over and over again, and getting people to unnecessarily download the whole thing over and over again, this way I can just update the things that need updating. Not just that, but there are people currently just using parts of this package, and not the whole thing. And since I've made everything plug-n-play, I think it's nice to have that option.

With regards to your second point, you pretty much get what's illustrated in the screenshot. Actually, those who follow me through things like deviantArt, had the opportunity to see videos of the system in action while I was still building it. (If you're interested they're here). I didn't feel the need to include it here, since most of the people who came for the system here, already knew what to expect.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
Hey Luka.
I believe that there is a bug with the way attack animations with the "User and Target" focus are shown.
The user and target animations should be flipped or stretched when they are used by an opponent.
But, the way they are displayed with your battle system shows the same animation for both the user and opponent. They don't flip when used by an opponent.
This causes problems for Common animations such as Leech Seed.
If you can get this fixed I would really appreciate it. (Note: It's just a graphical glitch, so it yields no error message.)
Very nice script btw.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Nice script, but I do not understand where I enter:
-PokeBattle_DynamicScene
-PokeBattle_UI
-PokeBattle_BitmapWrapper

Excuse me but I'm Italian!

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Nice script, but I do not understand where I enter:
-PokeBattle_DynamicScene
-PokeBattle_UI
-PokeBattle_BitmapWrapper

Excuse me but I'm Italian!

As the instructions say you just copy and paste them above main in the scripts editor...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
As amazing as ever man. Great to see you still producing some quality stuff.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
I dont know nothing about scripting in reallity, but I have a litte cuestion do I need to create a new class for every script ?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
It's been brought to my attention that the Sprite Pack is missing the female sprites of various Pokemon. So for the sake of resource completion, I've downloaded and indexed those. Download the additional female sprites here. I'm also amending the original Sprite Pack to include those.

Another thing is, I have overlooked the Safari Zone. So the system is currently not made for the Safari Zone. I don't know if it breaks the Safari Zone, but there is no "official" support for it. I just want to let you know that I'm working on that, and I'll probably include it as a script update + a standalone script sections (for those of you who already have all the scripts in place).

[S-HIGHLIGHT][EDIT]
I've fixed the issues concerning the animation player, as pointed out by Zoruarockszoroark. Please replace your old AnimationPlayer with the new one to apply the changes.
I've also fixed the bug of additional move boxes appearing when the player's Pokemon has less than 4 moves. (Can't believe no one reported that one yet) Amended script section is UI.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
Oh, I've found another bug. It is that the shiny sparkles don't show up when a shiny Pokémon is sent into battle or is encountered in the wild.
This is really not a big concern, but just pointed it out for convenience sakes.

Last edited:

Snooper16

The Bionic Man
Years
I'd like to try this new battle system out, but... for some reason, I can't seem to load the pages with the script downloads (timed out, no matter how many times I try to load it). I hate to be a hassle, but any possibility of a different download link for those scripts?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I have updated the DynamicScene portion of the scripts to add the Shiny animation when trainer Pokemon are sent into battle.

The Sprites portion of the scripts has also been updated to add new methods of drawing shadows on the field.

I'd like to try this new battle system out, but... for some reason, I can't seem to load the pages with the script downloads (timed out, no matter how many times I try to load it). I hate to be a hassle, but any possibility of a different download link for those scripts?
I'm sorry you can't access the page, but I'm keeping this setup for convenience when updating the scripts. Firewall or Anti-virus/malware may be preventing the site from loading. Try looking into that. I assure you the links to the scripts contain no malicious software.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
I encountered an error with the new DynamicScene script when an opposing trainer's pokemon is sent into battle:
Spoiler:

It pertains to the shiny pokemon checks.
To fix it, around line 871, find
Code:
if @battle.battlers[1].isShiny?
        pbCommonAnimation("Shiny",@battle.battlers[1],nil)
      end
      if @battle.doublebattle && @battle.battlers[3].isShiny?
        pbCommonAnimation("Shiny",@battle.battlers[3],nil)
      end
replace that with this:
Code:
 if @battle.party2[1].isShiny?
        pbCommonAnimation("Shiny",@battle.battlers[1],nil)
      end
      if @battle.doublebattle && @battle.party2[3].isShiny?
        pbCommonAnimation("Shiny",@battle.battlers[3],nil)
      end

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I encountered an error with the new DynamicScene script when an opposing trainer's pokemon is sent into battle:
Spoiler:

I already fixed that as soon as I uploaded the script. Get it again.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
It's Fantastic! but I have a problem in the safari zone

Spoiler:

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
I got this error in a battle. After my Eevee got KOed I sent out my Cyndaquil and this happens whenever I try to access my moves:

Spoiler:

It doesn't make the game crash, just keeps bringing my back to the Fight/Bag/Pokemon/Run screen over and over again. If it matters, my only Pokemon were my Cyndaquil and Eevee, and the Eevee was KOed.

EDIT: Every time that I press Fight and it sends me back, the picture of the moves keeps getting moved up a little bit.
Spoiler:

Florio

Years
Also can you possibly release some desert and snow battlebacks for the system? If possible.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I encountered an error upon starting up my game. I am not entirely sure how to go about fixing this, as I mainly haven't touched anything that might have caused this. I am indeed using V15.1, so if there is potentially an issue there, than I can try to change it. The BitMapWrapper is completely vanilla, and was just copy/pasted into my game, with no modifications.

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Script 'PokeBattle_BitmapWrapper' line 151: NameError occurred.

undefined method `pbLoadPokemonBitmap' for class `Object'
OK

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I got this error in a battle. After my Eevee got KOed I sent out my Cyndaquil and this happens whenever I try to access my moves
Fixed the UI issue. Came up due to me forgetting to change one variable from 4 to @nummoves. I updated the PokeBattle_UI section of the scripts. Get that to fix your error.
Also can you possibly release some desert and snow battlebacks for the system? If possible.
Had I those resources, I'd have already included them in the kit.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I encountered an error upon starting up my game. I am not entirely sure how to go about fixing this, as I mainly haven't touched anything that might have caused this.
That's your assessment of it, which might not be true. Anyway, my assessment is that you're getting the error because you didn't paste the scripts in the correct positions.
Copy and paste the scripts into your game, above Main, but make sure that the following script sections stay above your newly copied scripts:
  • PokeBattle_AnimationPlayer
  • PokeBattle_ActualScene
  • PokeBattle_Battle
  • PSystem_Utilities

P.S. Still working on the Safari Zone implementation.

Last edited:

Florio

Years
Fixed the UI issue. Came up due to me forgetting to change one variable from 4 to @nummoves. I updated the PokeBattle_UI section of the scripts. Get that to fix your error.

Had I those resources, I'd have already included them in the kit.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's your assessment of it, which might not be true. Anyway, my assessment is that you're getting the error because you didn't paste the scripts in the correct positions.

P.S. Still working on the Safari Zone implementation.

I tried the fix but it didn't work and now its even worse.
Before it would only show the message when i sent out my 2nd Pokemon but now it happens for the 1st too.

Also if it matters, I'm using the gen 6 beta. I don't think regular v15.1 has this problem. But you might want to keep in mind for gen 6 release.

Last edited:
Back