• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Countryballs Challenge

Years
The Countryballs Challenge!
Spoiler:

What is this challenge?
This is the challenge where you choose a Countryball that you want to represent and follow the rules given for that specific Countryball. You don't really have to live in that country to choose it. There are general rules that apply for every Countryball below and the rules for each Countryball differ from each other so be sure to read everything before you sign up. As of now, there are only five Countryballs but I'll add more as time passes. Each Countryball has their very own background that is not meant to discriminate the people who live there and of that nationality but are only overgenaralizations and stereotypism.

General Rules
Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
Cheating nor hacking is not allowed. The only cheats I'll allow for this challenge are speed hacks such as the High Speed Processing cheat for HG/SS or the Fast Movement cheat in D/P/Pt.
You can play this game on a hack provided that the hack is an improved and/or harder version of the base game such as Sacred Gold and Storm Silver by Drayano.
Hacking in Pokemon that you cannot obtain is not allowed.
Legendary Pokemon are not allowed.
You must catch at least two of your chosen Pokemon according to your chosen Countryball before the Third Gym, if your starter is included in your chosen Pokemon you only need to catch one Pokemon but you may catch more.
You may catch non-chosen Pokemon but you cannot and you may not use them in battle.
You must nickname all your Pokemon.
For the required types for each region, you are not needed to have all those types. You are only required to have one of those types but you may catch other Pokemon of the required types if you want.
You are allowed to have whiteouts or blackouts only for three times. After that the challenge is over meaning you have lost.

Countryballs

USAball
You love democracy and love to eat McDonald's or Burgerking.​
Banned Pokemon types: Fairy, Bug and anything else that looks cute.
Required types: Fire, Water or Steel
Required Pokemon per region:
Kanto: Magneton
Johto: Forretress or Skarmory
Hoenn: Aggron
Sinnoh: Bastiodon or Magnezone or Probopass or Bronzong
Unova: Excadrill or Bisharp
Kalos: Aegislash
America is a very rich country or so it says on the internet. Have at least one of your Pokemon hold and Amulet Coin.
America also likes to eat. If playing Hoenn based games, feed your Pokemon every 3 hours after obtaining the Pokeblock case.
Keep a balance of 5000 Pokedollars and above, if playing Johto based games, deposit at least 5000 Pokedollars to your Mom and send money to your Mom is a required setting.
Since Abe Lincoln stepped foot here, no HM slaves are allowed.
Try not to have any whiteouts or blackouts. Ambulances aren't that cheap in the US. For every time you have a black out or white out, you need to buy 2 normal potions and trash them at the Pokemon Center as payment.

Japanball
You are a cosplay fan and love anything that looks cute and maybe tentacles...​
Banned Pokemon types: Fighting and Bug types.
Required types: Normal or Fairy
Required Pokemon per region
Kanto: Tentacruel
Johto: Octillery or Tentacruel
Hoenn: Tentacruel
Sinnoh: Tentacruel or Octillery
Unova: Jellicent or Octillery
Kalos: Tentacruel or any other Pokemon that has tentacles
Japan is a very rich country or so it says on the Internet. Maintain a balance of 5500 Pokedollars and above, if playing Johto based games, deposit at least 5500 Pokedollars to your Mom and send money to your Mom is a required setting.
Japan hunts down whales and dolphins. If you come across any Pokemon that looks like a whale, KILL IT AND DON'T TRY TO CATCH IT!
When starting a game, spend 5 minutes no less in front of the TV or PC since Japanese people like anime.
HM Slaves are allowed but they must be cute Pokemon.

Philippinesball
You thank America for helping you in war. Because of your experiences, you will be rebellious when there comes a time. Lots of your areas are also polluted and have many bugs.​
Banned Pokemon types: Psychic, Dark and Ghost Types
Required Types: Poison or Bug Types
Required Pokemon per Region
Kanto: Hitmonchan and you must nickname it Manny or PacMan
Johto: Ariados or Crobat
Hoenn: Dustox or Swalot
Sinnoh: Drapion or Gliscor
Unova: Scollipede or Garbodor
Kalos: Vivillion or Skrelp
Philippines has lots of rebels, lots of 'em and you are one of 'em. Ride your bike in a building or in water.
Philippines is currently in a time of financial crisis. If you reach a new town or city, you are only allowed to spend a maximum of 3500 Pokedollars in that city's Pokemart. If you reach the region's respective Department store for the first time, you are allowed to spend 5000 Pokedollars. This means that Gen II games (G/S/C) and their respective remakes (HG/SS) allow you to spend 10000 Pokedollars in shopping in Department stores. You can also not spend any Pokedollars when you reach a mart so you can spend it on the next city or town.
If you spent all your money it is automatically considered a failure in the challenge.
You are only allowed to have 1 HM Slave

Germanyball
You love to work. And also beer. And football too.​
Banned Pokemon Types: Psychic
Require Types: Fighting
Kanto: Poliwrath for Gen I, Any Pokemon with the move Bulk Up or its variations for Gen II
Johto: Hitmontop for Gen II, Any Pokemon with the move Bulk Up or its variations for Gen IV
Hoenn: Any Pokemon with the move Bulk Up or its variations for Gen III, any Pokemon with the move Bulk Up or its variations or any Pokemon with the move Work Up
Sinnoh: Any Pokemon with the move Bulk Up or its variations
Unova: Any Pokemon with the move Bulk Up or its variations or any Pokemon with the move Work Up
Kalos: Any Pokemon with the move Bulk Up or its variations or any Pokemon with the move Work Up
If available in your game, catch a Krabby then evolve it to Kingler. Kingler must be nicknamed Hitler or Fuhrer and have a box dedicated to him named SECRET HQ.
Greece owes you debt. Lots of debt. Have a Pokemon hold an Amulet Coin.
No HM Slaves allowed. Your main Pokemon must be the ones to use HMs so that they can work and work and work outside of battle.

Polandball
You love clay. You try and taunt Germany into giving you clay.​
Banned Pokemon Types: Space Pokemon like Lunatone, Solrock, Deoxys because Polandball cannot into space.
Required Pokemon Types: Ground
All regions: Any Ground type Pokemon that can learn Mud Slap. If they can learn Mud Slap, they are required to keep ti until the challenge is done.
Why Mud Slap? Mud is something like clay and Polandball likes clay.
If you can catch a Steel type Pokemon, catch it and nickname it P. Tank.
If you can catch a Ponyta, catch it and nickname it Horsey
When you catch a Water type Pokemon, nickname it Vodka.
And you'll be forced to catch one anyways since no HM Slaves are allowed.

Sign-Up Form
Username:
Countryball you want to represent:
Game version:
No. of Pokemon: 3 is the minimum and 6 is the max.

My Sign-Up
Spoiler:

ultraball.png
Challengers
ultraball.png
Spoiler:

masterball.png
Champions
masterball.png
Spoiler:

Do take note that if you do a LP on this challenge and finished it but you haven't signed up, I will not acknowledge your championship even if you do have proof.
If you can, please post progress here on this thread but don't double post for that is against the rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tek

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Huehuehue no you didn't just make this

Username: DyingWillFlareon
Countryball: Polandball
Game: FireRed
Pokemon: 6

I'm assuming Space Pokemon includes Clefairy. -w-U Does Ponyta get to evolve?or would that be england

Years
Huehuehue no you didn't just make this

Username: DyingWillFlareon
Countryball: Polandball
Game: FireRed
Pokemon: 6

I'm assuming Space Pokemon includes Clefairy. -w-U Does Ponyta get to evolve?or would that be england
Space Pokemon includes Clefairy and Clefable but it does not include any other Pokemon that evolve through the use of Moon Stones. And you can evolve Ponyta and keep it on your team but nickname it Horsey you must.

And for those wondering when a new Countryball will be out I'll be adding Australiaball as soon as I get to my laptop.

Years
Okay, I'd totally be interested, but I'm busy being completely baffled by the Australiaball.
Like... "Australiaball hates Emus. When you come across a Doduo or Dodrio, KILL IT!" yes, that's right, go and kill one of your country's national symbols. Do it.
Even if there are fox, rabbit, cat, boar, camel or bull based pokemon in the region, ignore them and kill the national symbol.
Why is everything in the Required mantine? And... BEARTIC??! I don't get that. There are so many pokemon that could be interpreted as having Australia-related origins that you could have picked the Required from:
Spoiler:

I'm just completely unable to fathom why BEARTIC. I mean, yeah, Australia gets migrations of mantaray, but... BEARTIC? Australia doesn't even have BEARS, let alone POLAR BEARS. The only place you even find ice and snow is on particularly tall mountains and high ground, unless you're stretching it to 'hail and the frost that sometimes forms on particularly cold winter mornings'.

(also, the spider one makes us sad. We were so thrilled the other day when we found that a hunstman spider had moved in)

So, yes, we are interested in doing the challenge, but we mostly want to know why Australiaball is set up the way it is.

Last edited:
Years
Okay, I'd totally be interested, but I'm busy being completely baffled by the Australiaball.
Like... "Australiaball hates Emus. When you come across a Doduo or Dodrio, KILL IT!" yes, that's right, go and kill one of your country's national symbols. Do it.
Even if there are fox, rabbit, cat, boar, camel or bull based pokemon in the region, ignore them and kill the national symbol.
Why is everything in the Required mantine? And... BEARTIC??! I don't get that. There are so many pokemon that could be interpreted as having Australia-related origins that you could have picked the Required from:
Spoiler:

I'm just completely unable to fathom why BEARTIC. I mean, yeah, Australia gets migrations of mantaray, but... BEARTIC? Australia doesn't even have BEARS, let alone POLAR BEARS. The only place you even find ice and snow is on particularly tall mountains and high ground, unless you're stretching it to 'hail and the frost that sometimes forms on particularly cold winter mornings'.

(also, the spider one makes us sad. We were so thrilled the other day when we found that a hunstman spider had moved in)

So, yes, we are interested in doing the challenge, but we mostly want to know why Australiaball is set up the way it is.
Well, I've done it on a rushed basis and forgot to check some stuff about it so for now I'll remove it. Sorry about that. I'll update the OP tomorrow.

Back