• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

@Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Which Psychic-type Pokémon's Mega form is your favorite? Why?

If we're going for funniest I'll have to saw Slowbro, it just looks so goofy, but that's what they're going for I'm assuming :P Favorite would be Gallade though, it's tough yet somehow majestic at the same and it just fits the bill.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
I'm sorry, Mewtwo can be only obtained during special events. I've updated the Club Campaign partner list with GIFs, so it's going to be easier for you to pick your partner.
OK, let me fix my sign-up form:

Your nickname: Mewtwolover
Your Psychic-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Ralts
Reason for joining the club: Psychic is my favorite type.
Which Psychic-type Pokémon's Mega form is your favorite? Why? Mewtwo's Mega forms are my favorites, they're cute and cool. Gardevoir's Mega form is also good because it's so beautiful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
OK, let me fix my sign-up form:

Your nickname: Mewtwolover
Your Psychic-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Ralts
Reason for joining the club: Psychic is my favorite type.
Which Psychic-type Pokémon's Mega form is your favorite? Why?Mewtwo's Mega form are my favorites, they're cute and cool. Gardevoir's Mega form is also good because it's so beautiful.

And welcome to our group! Oh and sorry about not letting you pick Mewtwo for now, thanks for understanding! ^_^

Sub-topic 1:
What are you going to change for that Mega Evolution you have chosen from the main topic?
Sub-topic 2:
Your least favorite Psychic-type Mega Evolution, why?

Years
Gotta be a Metagross. It screams EPIC at everything it encounters. I thought the design was meh when it was at its normal form(looks heavy), but then the Mega evolution made it float and it gives a feeling of the Pokemon being an unstoppable force.

Sub-topic 1: Hmm, I think Mega Metagross would look more awesome if its arms formed an "X" behind it, and had an extra pair of arm that floats in front of it.
Sub-topic 2: I'd say Slowbro. It doesn't look Psychic-y at all. Kinda reminds me of Shuckle. Which doesn't feel like Water-type as well.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Topic:
Sub-topic 1:
What are you going to change for that Mega Evolution you have chosen from the main topic?
Sub-topic 2:
Your least favorite Psychic-type Mega Evolution, why?[/QUOTE]
tumblr_nbsetc73b31t4940go2_1280.jpg
My favorite Psychic-type Mega Evolution would be Mega Gardevoir. The normal coloration resembles a bride, while the Shiny form's coloration resembles an elegant evening dress. Mega Gallade gets an honorable mention for similar reasons.

Mega Gardevoir's design and Ability are great. While she has a good speed and outstanding Special Attack and Special Defense. It could have been perfect if her base Defense and base HP are at least 80 and she doesn't really need that base 85 base Attack. Additionally if that Shiny form is her normal coloration, I would be happier. ^_^

Unfortunately my least favorite Mega is Mega Mewtwo X, while I'm fond with Mega Mewtwo Y's design which is slightly ironic. Secondly, I don't really get the point on giving Mewtwo not only one, but even two Megas when Mewtwo is already tough enough to rip most of the Legendary Pokémon and Megas out there!

Gotta be a Metagross. It screams EPIC at everything it encounters. I thought the design was meh when it was at its normal form(looks heavy), but then the Mega evolution made it float and it gives a feeling of the Pokemon being an unstoppable force.

Sub-topic 1: Hmm, I think Mega Metagross would look more awesome if its arms formed an "X" behind it, and had an extra pair of arm that floats in front of it.
Sub-topic 2: I'd say Slowbro. It doesn't look Psychic-y at all. Kinda reminds me of Shuckle. Which doesn't feel like Water-type as well.

6qu9rcy.png

4tr6wkI.png
Oh I'm rewarding you a Beldum with a Mega Stone for out Psychic-type campaign, since you're quite active and trying your best to take part in our Club topics. Please keep up the great work, I'm expecting a lot from you. :)

Years
Thanks! Looks like a long way to go before I see my Mega Metagross ^^ Hopefully this club will be very active when it happens.

I'm opposite on the Mewtwo's mega, however, preferring X over Y. Something about the X form getting 'armor' just tells you that he's about to wreak havoc. Y form does look more like Psychic, but its head is kinda creeping me out.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Thanks! Looks like a long way to go before I see my Mega Metagross ^^ Hopefully this club will be very active when it happens.

I'm opposite on the Mewtwo's mega, however, preferring X over Y. Something about the X form getting 'armor' just tells you that he's about to wreak havoc. Y form does look more like Psychic, but its head is kinda creeping me out.

Not really, look at the campaign partner list again. ;)
Oh and I forgot to mention that the first five member discount applies as long as they are part of this club, it also means even if you have as much as six partners the discount apply. Another good news is, the discount applies to those Pokémon with three stages evolution!

To each on their own. :) Some like it hot while some like it not. {XD}

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
Nothing, Mewtwo's Mega forms are perfect.

Your least favorite Psychic-type Mega Evolution, why?
Mega Slowbro, it looks more like a turtle than psychic Pokémon.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
That's all for our current topic. :) Everyone is free to start a new topic, if no one is I'm going to create a new topic tomorrow around this hour. ;)

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
New topic:
Your favorite Psychic-type attack? why?

My favorite is Psychic, it's powerful and really useful.

Years
I'm really fond of using Calm Mind, especially when I'm using bulky Psychic types like Reuniclus. I spam it for about 2-4 times - along with gallons of Moomoo milks - then just use Psychic on everything. Sometimes I combine it with Trick Room(for Reuniclus of course), so that it's sure win. Yup, all-out offense and risky, but it suits my style.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
New topic:

My favorite is Psychic, it's powerful and really useful.

Actually I have 2 favorite Psychic-type, it's a tie for these two moves: Calm Mind and Psyshock.

Tate and Liza have demonstrated how fearful can Calm Mind get though Double Battle (in RS).

The move Psychic was originally my most and only favorite Psychic-type move. I recall my Espeon in Silver, spamming the move in Elite Four. :') Then Psyshock came in Black and White. I was intrigued by the move description and I decided I wanted to try it and then I ended up loving it!

Additionally, Psystrike, which is Mewtwo's signature move that made its debut in Generation V, is a stronger version of Psyshock!

I'm really fond of using Calm Mind, especially when I'm using bulky Psychic types like Reuniclus. I spam it for about 2-4 times - along with gallons of Moomoo milks - then just use Psychic on everything. Sometimes I combine it with Trick Room(for Reuniclus of course), so that it's sure win. Yup, all-out offense and risky, but it suits my style.

That's not I see 'All-out attack(er)'. Ahahaha, don't mind me.

Reuniclus is made for Trick Room teams. It becomes Alakazam-like, nearly-unstoppable, if it gains the priority to move in battles!

Years

My fave Psychic-type move has to be the good old Psychic, because of its reliability and power. Psybeam is another close one, thanks to the fact I love its attack animation, same with Psyshock. For status moves, Calm Mind because it can make a user become potent when it gets those boosts going.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years

Psychic is definitely my go to for sure, it's accurate and strong. Psycho Cut is a unique move as well and I use it on my Gallade.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Nickname - CharmedGothet

Partner Pokemon - I was going to say Ralts but since that is a very popular choice I'll say my second favourite unevolved Psychic Type Gothita.

Reason for joining - A lot of my favourite Pokemon are Psychic Type (Gardevoir, Gothitelle, Starmie and Gallade). Indeed I went out of my way to get the 'Psychic Type Champ' medal in White 2 using the aforementioned Pokemon and Latias.

Favourite Psychic move - Hypnosis, the opponent can't do anything if asleep and you can boost your stats or use Dream Eater whilst they sleep. Also I think it's the only Psychic move that affects Dark Types.

Last edited:

Tigroid

Now you see me...
Years
- Your nickname: Tigroid (In-Game I use Amon, though)
- Your Psychic-Type Club-Campaign Partner: I choose Exeggcute
- Reason for joining the club: Psychic-Type pokemon are my favorite type. With Exeggutor, Metagross, Gardevoir, and more the Psychic-Types have great power and diversity.

What is your favorite Psychic attack and Why?
I think I'll stick with Psychic. I know it seems kind of dull, but it has high power and accuracy and it's easily available via TM.

Is that all I have to do to join?

Last edited:

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Nickname - CharmedGothet

Partner Pokemon - I was going to say Ralts but since that is a very popular choice I'll say my second favourite unevolved Psychic Type Gothita.

Reason for joining - A lot of my favourite Pokemon are Psychic Type (Gardevoir, Gothitelle, Starmie and Gallade). Indeed I went out of my way to get the 'Psychic Type Champ' medal in White 2 using the aforementioned Pokemon and Latias.

Favourite Psychic move - Hypnosis, the opponent can't do anything if asleep and you can boost your stats or use Dream Eater whilst they sleep. Also I think it's the only Psychic move that affects Dark Types.

Yes it's one of hte few Psychic moves that can affect Dark Pokémon like Skill Swap and others.

- Your nickname: Tigroid (In-Game I use Amon, though)
- Your Psychic-Type Club-Campaign Partner: I choose Exeggcute
- Reason for joining the club: Psychic-Type pokemon are my favorite type. With Exeggutor, Metagross, Gardevoir, and more the Psychic-Types have great power and diversity.

What is your favorite Psychic attack and Why?
I think I'll stick with Psychic. I know it seems kind of dull, but it has high power and accuracy and it's easily available via TM.

Is that all I have to do to join?

Yep and welcome to the Psychic-type Club! ;)

And wow I'm surprised with the amount of people favoring the move Psychic, I was expecting Psyshock or even Psystrike! {XD}

To celebrate our Psychic Club going steadly, members who replied to our current topic are going to receive a Leaf Stone and a Dawn Stone! ^_^

IAHyqIB.png
cX0ZzLC.png

If you meet the criteria to evolve your Pokémon, feel free to ask me to update your team list as I won't force/automatically evolve your Pokémon. ;) But they cannot devolve so think carefully whether or not to evolve.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Psychic Type moves that affect Dark Types -

Hypnosis, Trick, Trick Room, Magic Room, Skill Swap, Telekinesis, Wonder Room, Power Split...More moves than I thought at first. Might be a few others.

Tigroid

Now you see me...
Years
To celebrate our Psychic Club going steadly, members who replied to our current topic are going to receive a Leaf Stone and a Dawn Stone! ^_^

IAHyqIB.png
cX0ZzLC.png

If you meet the criteria to evolve your Pokémon, feel free to ask me to update your team list as I won't force/automatically evolve your Pokémon. ;) But they cannot devolve so think carefully whether or not to evolve.

Thanks! And I'd like to evolve my exeggute, Juggernaut, please.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Psychic Type moves that affect Dark Types -

Hypnosis, Trick, Trick Room, Magic Room, Skill Swap, Telekinesis, Wonder Room, Power Split...More moves than I thought at first. Might be a few others.

Thanks for the answer, that inspired me some sub-topics! :)
Let me add on for those who are interested: Guard Split, Heal Block, Heal Pulse, Imprison, Kinesis, Magic Coat, Mirror Coat, Psycho Shift and Role Play are Psychic-type moves that affects the opposing Dark-type Pokémon. Miracle Eye also enables any Psychic-type offensive move to hit the targeted Dark-type Pokémon.

Additionally Future Sight used to be only Psychic-type offensive move that can hit Dark-type Pokémon, before it gained the same type attack bonus in Generation V.

For those Psychic-type move that can also directly affect the Dark-type team mates: Ally Switch, Healing Wish, Heart Swap and Lunar Dance.

Finally a Psychic-type move that affect the whole battle arena:
- Light Screen (weakens Special moves; including Dark-type moves. Protects Dark-type that are under the protection of Light Screen);
- Reflect (weakens Physical moves; including Dark-type moves. Protects Dark-type that are under the protection of Reflect);
- Gravity (It affects those floating Dark-type like Hydreigon as well as those Dark-type that are part Flying-type like Yveltal);

Thanks! And I'd like to evolve my exeggute, Juggernaut, please.

Will do!

Main topic: Your favorite Psychic-type attack? Why?
Sub-topic 1: Which Psychic-type status move are you fond of?*
(Since Dragoz answered with a Status move he has a special question instead, though is is not compulsory to answer the sub-topics for everyone).
Sub-topic 1 for Dragoz: What is your favorite Psychic-type offensive move? Why?
Sub-topic 2: If there is something you can change from your favorite Psychic-type offensive move and status move, what changes are they? (It doesn't matter if you're going to make it overpower, they just need to make sense/)
Sub-topic 3: Your least favorite Psychic-type move? Why?

Everyone is very welcomed to add a sub-topic (after answering the main and sub-topics) to extend the longevity of the topic, as well as to keep the Club active!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back