• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

New Gameboy?

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2011
I'm wondering if Nintendo is going to come out with a new Gameboy. Ive heard no speculation of a new one. The graphics are great for GBA but what graphics will the next GB harness? I'm gessing something 3-D. Something close to an N64. If they would, they have truly mastered the art of video game programming. ;)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
I have not heard anything about a new one but there most likely be one before the next Nintendo game system come out (I think at the end of this year or some time next year for the next Nintendo video game system).

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2013
If you find anything more about it post cause im trying to get info to if i get some i will post for everyone.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
Nintendo won't poberly come out with anything new for now at least, seeing how Gba is a great handheld already and is on top of the market, maybe when it gets some competitor's but for now most likely not.

decks2

Thinker in the making
Years
I've heard from this program called Gamezville that they are making GBA2 and it will be ages, I MEAN AGES till it wil be released. I don't know anything else about it.

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
Years
A new gameboy? No, its too soon to say anything really. Didn't nintendo just release the sleek GBA SP early/mid 2003? I wouldn't expect nintendo releasing anything on portable systems till maybe months after the PSP is out and competing well against the GBA.

latios tamer

i hate pokemon
Years
  • Age 31
  • N/A
  • Seen Oct 14, 2005
i heard the next one will have disks to go in it about the sise of gamecube disks

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Rumors say that Nintendo is coming out a with a new system this year, but it's not portable. And also it is way to early to release a new Game Boy system.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
Years
I wouldn't get too excited about the new system being revealed this year. It's rumoured to be a simple plug-in controller that you can play games on using your TV. Hardly a new console as such. Probably won't even see the light of day outside Japan.

The portable gaming market is set to become a warzone, just like the console one is now. It's ridiculous - and it's also all the PSP's fault. Seeing the GBA and PSP saddling alongside their respective consoles, Micro$oft will inevitibly design their own handheld. Quite possibly with rocket launching, FBI-hacking and sandwich-making capabilities.

The GBA is a fantastic machine. It has no real need for an upgrade anytime soon. Before Sony's greed in wanting to enter the handheld market, Nintendo were able to go at their own pace as far as power goes. Now they're being forced to up the anti somewhat, partly because many people are bound to a console by flashy visuals alone. "omg did u c psp is 3d must buy now lol"

Indeed, the videogame market is now officially a total joke.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
ROFL I dispise X-Box and PS2 fanboys.....

When I heard about the new Nintendo system, I knew it wouldn't be something like a GameCube 2 or something. And besides, it is just a rumor.

The only new Gameboy thing that is coming out are games! There are a lot of games in development so no new GB system. Nintendo wouldn't suddenly make a new one and discard the GBA since it is doing so well (outselling all three next-gen systems, last I checked)

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
Years
I hate to ask, but what is PSP??? Oh and by the way, I thought i heard that Nintendo is making you able to watch TV episodes on your GBA, so its like your ordinary DVD but its on your Gameboy, you can then put it on the Gameboy player and wala!

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
Years
Omega-Brendan said:
I hate to ask, but what is PSP??? Oh and by the way, I thought i heard that Nintendo is making you able to watch TV episodes on your GBA, so its like your ordinary DVD but its on your Gameboy, you can then put it on the Gameboy player and wala!
Hmm last time I heard its full name it was dubbed the Playstation Portable.
Well I heard there are tv tuners for GBAs but watching dvds on it? I think the screen is a bit small for such an application.

Yamichu

o.O;
Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen May 21, 2004
Oh crap!!!!!!!!!
I saw a thing on a pokemon site yesterday and now I've forgotten what site is was they where saying it was a new GB but they could have made it up!!!!!!
But it does sorta look like a Sony product and looks like it would take dics about the size of the GC dics but maybe a bit smaller but the screen is to TINYYYYYY and I don't like tiny screens!

~HORN!

PM2008

Fire Gym Owner
Years
The PSP isn't the new gameboy but it is the first Sony handheld you can go here to see the psp it looks really cool. :D Make sure to scroll down a little to see the front side.

GO TO THE LINK

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
Ok if you ask me the PSP looks like a GBA SP.
psp_1.jpg

Back