• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Sandslash completed on FireRed- Gosh I forgot how bad Sandslash is in gen 3 - or at least how bad his movepool is >_<

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

028.gif

Sandy|Male|Modest Nature|Sand Veil|Lvl 73
Brick Break
Slash
Rock Slide
Earthquake

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
Wow it's been a while since I've worked on this challenge. Don't have much to show seeing as what all I did was the Lake of Rage stuff and beat Price. Playing so much Splatoon and college has kept me busy. Hopefully later today or tomorrow I'll put more progress into it.

Badges 7/16

229.gif

Cerberus/Female/Early Bird/Level 43
-Fire Fang
-Faint Attack
-Ember
-Shadow Ball​

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
Username: niallmuz
Partner Pokemon: Bagon, Shelgon, Salamence
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s):FireRed, Soulsilver(once i figure out how to get a bagon at the start, suggestions please?), Ruby or AS if i can get a bagon early?pls help, Pearl, Black2 & Y

Years
Username: Amerininja
Partner Pokemon: Shuppet -> Banette
Game(s): FireRed, Heartgold, Ruby, Diamond, Black 2, Y

Fire Red First Gym
o1bFc8H
o1bFc8H
Early game was ridiculously easy due to Shuppet's ghost typing. All was easy until that damned man in Pewter City's Gym! No not Brock...the gym trainer before him has a Sandshrew that just loved to lower my accuracy. It couldn't actually touch me but it still took me 71 turns in order to defeat it...Did you know there are no Ethers in the first two pokemarts? I do now....

Attachments

• Fire Red- Shuppet Run_17.png
    Fire Red- Shuppet Run_17.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
Years
Fire Red First Gym
o1bFc8H
o1bFc8H
Early game was ridiculously easy due to Shuppet's ghost typing. All was easy until that damned man in Pewter City's Gym! No not Brock...the gym trainer before him has a Sandshrew that just loved to lower my accuracy. It couldn't actually touch me but it still took me 71 turns in order to defeat it...Did you know there are no Ethers in the first two pokemarts? I do now....

Haha that's rough. Just a heads up, though, there are no ethers or elixirs in any of the marts. I just recently completed a FireRed Nuzlocke and I didn't realize it until the E4 because that's when I actually thought I might need them.

Anyways, here's my sign-up form:
Username: AlphaTangoFoxtrot
Partner Pokemon: Trapinch-->Vibrava-->Flygon
Game(s): FireRed, Storm Silver, Ruby, Pearl, Volt White 2, X

I don't know how often I'll update this, but it would be something new so it should be pretty fun.

UPDATE: Pokemon Ruby
And so I began my perilous quest to conquer the six Pokemon leagues -- where better to start than in the region of origin for my partner in this epic journey?

Spoiler:

Attachments

• Gym 1 Hoenn.png
    Gym 1 Hoenn.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Pond

I'm not cute, I'll mess you up.
Years
Username: Pond
Partner Pokemon: Seel
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Single
Game(s): Leafgreen

I randomized my pokemon, never used a seel before. This'll be interesting...

Years
Tauros completed on FireRed- I actually had no problems at the beginning but the end was really really annoying - A ton of black outs and a lot of mons didn't get OHKO'd - but it was fun anyways ^^

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

128.gif

Red|Male|Relaxed Nature|Intimidate|Lvl 68
Thrash
Surf
Swagger
Blizzard

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Merry Christmas eve everyone! And in case I don't get a chance to post tomorrow, Merry Christmas! :D

I just wanted to let you all know that I will update the OP some time over the next couple days. I'll try to do some today but I'm pretty busy so I won't be making any promises. Expect the update to definitely be before the new year.

Also hooray for me, this is my 500th post guys! What a milestone! :D

Anyway, Happy Holidays fellow solo runners! :]

bilzandpap

Who DOESN'T love Conkeldurr???
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2019
Sign me up!

Username: bilzandpap
Pokémon: Tyranitar
Game: FireRed

Hacking in a Level 5 Larvitar as my starter and just for fun, hacking to make Dunsparce (IMO the stupidest Pokemon ever) able to learn all HMs, hacking in Wild Dunsparce in Route 1 and using 2 Dunsparce HM slaves. Will this become an Ultimate challenge? Maybe. We'll see.

UPDATE: Got a Larvitar, named it Rooibus. The first Gym and up to Misty was super easy... Misty's Starmie's Water Pulse gave me grief but I beat it eventually. I'm now at the S.S. Anne. Rooibus is at Lv. 35 but I haven't let it evolve yet because as much as I love Larvitar and Tyranitar, I have a strong hatred for Pupitar... next stop Vermilion Gym

Last edited:

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
Years
Well, I've picked up the mono challenge in my spare time over the last couple of days...and, well, I've got quite an update.

WARNING: LARGE UPDATE AHEAD

Spoiler:

I'm actually all the way through the gyms in Ruby at the moment, but I'll do my updates in small bursts I think.

EDIT: By the way, Happy Holidays, everybody!!

Last edited:
Years
Victreebel completed on LeafGreen - It was pretty much put first mon to sleep, spam growth and than end up with bullet seed ~ Pretty easy except for that annoying golbat in the elite 4 x.x

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

071.gif

Bell|Male|Jolly Nature|Chlorophyll|Lvl 70
Giga Drain
Growth
Bullet Seed
Sleep Powder

Hippowtom

Hippowtom
Years
What's good guys! I'm back with another 6 solos from 1st Gen!

parasect.gif

The Best the Paras (Look's so weird since Paras literally means the best in Finnish, lol)
Spoiler:

venomoth.gif

Mygga the Venomoth
Spoiler:

dugtrio.gif

Poop the Dugtrio
Spoiler:

persian.gif

Korin the Persian
Spoiler:

golduck.gif

Oblivious the Golduck
Spoiler:

primeape.gif

Rampage the Primeape
Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Sign-ups, going to do the legends next:

Username: Hippowtom
Pokémon: Mew, Mewtwo, Dragonite, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno
Game: Blue

bilzandpap

Who DOESN'T love Conkeldurr???
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2019
Completed my FireRed challenge!

ROOIBOS the TYRANITAR
Level 81
Crunch / Thrash / Rock Slide / Earthquake

dgp3xMu

Rooibos wouldn't evolve without the National Dex, so I hacked it in. By I got to Silph Co he was a Tyranitar and way over levelled so I lay waste to everything in the whole rest of the game. Bruno's Machamp was the only time I had trouble in the Elite Four... couldn't one-shot it, and Cross Chop almost killed me, then he used a Full Restore. Luckily the next chance he got to hit me he used Scary Face.

I'm gonna make this an Ultimate. Will start on Gold in the morning.

UPDATE: Finished Gold. Trying to decide whether to go with Ruby or Emerald for 3rd gen.

PpbbYSj

Last edited:

TEXg715

TEXg
Years
Username: TEXg715
Partner Pokemon: Lucario
Challenge: Single
Game: Y

Update! This'll be short...

Began the Game
Got to Route 22
Caught several Riolu
Kept the Adamant one and headed to the Gym
Lost to Viola by like 1 HP
Beat Viola the second time.

If anything, I hate getting sick.

Anyways:
Headed for Lumiose
Beat Sycamore
Met Lysandre and Diantha
Went into Route 5 (Note to self: STAY AWAY FROM KADABRA)
Saw the Fireworks
Woke up Snorlax
Beat up Snorlax
Decimate Trevor and Tierno
Got to Ambrette Town in one piece

It took me a year to get back to this... I don't know if this is still valid but:
Beat Grant, Korrina, Ramos and Clemont.
Made it to Laverre City
Cleared the Pokeball Factory
Lucario now has a name: JACKY!!!

Last edited:

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
Username: ShinyHoundoom
Partner Pokemon: Seaking
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Blue

I would like to cancel the Houndoom solo in Heart Gold. Not feeling it anymore. Just going to do solo runs like this. Randomize the Pokemon and play a game from the Generation it came from. Since I only have X and that's being used for Monotype runs, Gen 6 Pokemon will be played on Alpha Sapphire.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I'm doing my personal Ultimate Rodent Solo Challenge which is different from the Ultimate Challenge stated, so I'm signing up for my own which counts as a Single anyway.

Username: GiovanniViridian
Partner Pokemon: Raticate for Blue, Furret for Silver, Linoone for Sapphire, Bibarel for Pearl, Watchog for White.
Challenge: (Single or Ultimate) Single (for each)
Game(s): Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Pearl, White

Right now I already got 3 badges for my Raticate in Pokemon Blue, and I'll post screenshots showing my progress for the gyms later.

EDIT: Managed to beat Pokemon Blue with my extremely over-levelled Level 92 Raticate with the help of finding some hidden Rare Candies and battling every single trainer and wild Pokemon encounters! Pokemon Silver and my favorite Normal-type Pokemon Furret here I come!

F9hVNJe.png

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
This is a re-post, since my 3DS was stolen during my last attempt on this challenge with Omega Ruby

smeargle.gif

WlX355J.png

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION

LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!

So I have decided that I want to take part in a challenge run through Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, but I wanted to to be both challenging, fun, and as interesting as possible. I have decided that I would like my Pokémon to be none other than Smeargle! His ability to Sketch moves allows an very interesting dynamic in that it allows me to Sketch moves that give me type advantages in combat, which somewhat diminishes the challenge in many ways - as it allows me to be far more flexible than a Pokémon that is restricted to moves that are within its typing. The disadvantage here is that I am locked into that move type until I can Sketch another move in 10 levels and I am still bound to the initial Sketch move typing that leaves me vulnerable to any immunity and resistances of every encounter within those 10 levels.

For added challenge I will be implementing a Hardcore rule, in which the only healing items allowed to be used are berries, no potions, revives, or PP restoration items. If Smeargle faints my run will be over and I will have considered the challenge a failure.

Stay tuned for update logs!

smeargle.gif

Smeargle ¤ Lv.5
Jolly - Moody
Hidden Power | EMPTY | EMPTY | EMPTY

smeargle.gif

prqn5LG.png

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION

UPDATE #1

Our journey began mid day today as we set off for Rustboro City. Much of the day was spent exploring Route 102 and Route 104 outside of Petalburg City. Dad had asked me to help a boy named Wally catch his first Pokémon and we found a Ralts that was perfect for him!

Route 104 was a great site to see, Smeargle and I spent some time playing in the sand and even challenged another trainer to a short Pokémon battle! After our battle, it was time to continue on with our journey through the Petalburg Woods and onward to Rustboro City to challenge the local Gym Leader to a battle for my first gym badge.

Stepping into the Petalburg Woods had a feeling of great wonder with a hint of an eerie uncertainty lingering in the fresh air. Smeargle and I played in the woods, climbing trees and hiding in the grass. It was not long before we stumbled upon a Devon researcher who was looking for a Shroomish, and was immediately confronted by a thug dressed like a pirate who was demanding that the researcher hand over papers to him. After the thug had threatened me not to cross Team Aqua, he had challenged Smeargle and I to a battle for the papers. His Poochyena and him tried to fight dirty by throwing sand into Smeargle's face using Sand Attack and scare us by letting out a fierce Howl. They were no match for Smeargle's artistic Hidden Power. After his defeat, the thug had scrambled to his feet saying he had other matters to attend to in Rustboro City and he ran off into the woods. The Devon researcher had ran after him in hopes to beat him back to Rustboro City.

Smeargle and I spent a bit more time training in the woods against a few passing bug catchers, in order to better prepare ourselves for our battle against the gym leader of Rustboro City and after a few short victories, had finally made our way to the North side of Route 104.

Upon leaving the Petalburg Woods, we found the Pretty Petal Flower Shop where some wonderful ladies helped teach us a bit more about berry picking and the benefits of using berries. One of them even gave me a Wailmer Pail so that I can water any berries I plant.

We finally made it to Rustboro City and we found a Pokémon Center to rest at for a bit. May met us at the Pokémart and was also preparing to take on the Rustboro City gym leader after she had added a couple more Pokémon to her team. She needs all the help she can get if she wants to pass me up as a Pokémon trainer. Smeargle and I can handle anything together if we just set our mind to it!

After resting up for a bit, we decided to head North to Route 116 to train for a bit before taking on the local gym leader who is named Roxanne, who is apparently an Honor's Student who favors Rock type Pokémon. Fortunately, I had met a Hiker named Clark, who had his Geodude duo to help me prepare for my main battle against Roxanne. He had told me that the best way to combat Rock type Pokémon would be to use a Grass or Water type move, exploiting a weakness for Rock type Pokémon - and with that, it was time for Smeargle to paint his first masterpiece!

Smeargle and I had set out once again, this time back to the South end of Route 104 to see if we could capture the art of a Wingull using Water Gun. With Smeargle and his sketchpad at the ready, we finally bumped into a wild Wingull who was careful not to get too aggressive against Smeargle and I. After a bit of taunting from Smeargle and I, it was only a matter of time until the Wingull was baited into using Water Gun on Smeargle to allow him to Sketch a masterpiece!

It was time to challenge Roxanne to a battle for the Stone Badge! She wasted no time with small talk, and immediately sent out Geodude, who was ready for battle. Water Gun was super effective and quickly knocked out the opposing Geodude. Roxanne's Nosepass was much more durable to the Water attack, and had unleashed a few devastating blows on Smeargle using Rock Tomb. Smeargle was weak, but he had eaten the Oran Berry he was holding on to, in order to unleash a last attack on Nosepass to end the battle. Together, we had defeated Roxanne to earn our very first badge - the Stone Badge!

Our victory was not without peril, Smeargle was gravely injured in the battle and needed immediate medical assistance and I had to rush him to the Rustboro City Pokémon Center where he is currently being taken care of. I should use this time to end my entry for today, and catch up on some much needed rest. Smeargle and we have a long road ahead of us and when he is feeling better, we will head out on our next adventure!

Stay tuned for more update logs!

smeargle.gif

Smeargle ¤ Lv.16
Jolly - Moody - Quick Claw
Hidden Power | Water Gun | EMPTY | EMPTY
50px-Stone_Badge.png

Last edited:

Farqua12

POLIWHIRL FOREVER
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 7, 2016
Username: Farqua12
Partner Pokemon: Skitty
Game(s): LeafGreen, SoulSilver, Emerald, Diamond, White, Y

Hey, randomly felt like doing an ultimate challenge with specifically Skitty. I have no plans on evolving it in any games! Emerald and Y are the only games I will be able to do it legit without third-party software to hack Skitty in. I am going to try my very best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back