• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Vega (and Altair/Sirius) - English Version

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 19, 2022
Pokemon Vega is probably the highest regarded of all foreign-language Pokemon hacks. Created by a group of Japanese hackers, it contains a new region, all sorts of new Pokemon and moves, and a significant challenge.

We have fully translated Pokemon Vega, and it is now available as a patch for English Fire Red (v1.0), here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/aqa32fsqq2c4gmp/Vega_20200823_pd.zip/file

IMPORTANT: This is a sequel to Pokemon Altair and Sirius Versions. More information on those is under the spoiler below.

Spoiler:

Features:

• A fully new region, the Tohoak region!
  • 181 new Pokemon, plus 56 Pokemon from newer generations!
  • 70 new moves, plus 87 moves from newer generations!
  • Impressive custom music! (Full OST download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ge6slgc2i4rwrlv/Pokémon+Vega+OST.zip)
  • Rematches with almost all important trainers!
  • An extensive postgame, including a battle facility!
  • And much more!
Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Credits:
Original Development: Pokemon Vega Team (entirely anonymous)
Translation: Dr. Akimbo
Pokemon Names: Dr. Akimbo, Pokemon Vega Team, Asfia, Bevan7, Doesnt, Ganon's Error, Hawkfire, kisekisfr, LightningLord2, Lucis, Mighty Revenant, quiggles, Silphver, SilverStrangequark, Toyotasomi no Miko, Z-nogyroP
Move Names: Dr. Akimbo, Wizards of the Coast (the TCG guys), Doesnt, Ketsuban, Mighty Revenant
Title Screen Logo: kisekisfr
Text Hacking: Dr. Akimbo
Graphics Porting: Dr. Akimbo, Doesnt, Chrunch, El Diabeetus, Tailes
Music Porting: Dr. Akimbo
Map Porting: Dr. Akimbo, Doesnt
Mechanics Porting: Doesnt, Tailes, Dr. Akimbo
Compatibility Patch: Diegoisawesome

Frequently Asked Questions:

- How do I get through the first gym?
Spoiler:

- Where is the Flash HM?
Spoiler:

- How do I get past the Dugtrio in Seafin City?
Spoiler:

- Where is the Strength HM?
Spoiler:

- Where is the Cut HM?
Spoiler:

- How do I get past the scientists in Ravenplume City?
Spoiler:

- Where is the Waterfall HM?
Spoiler:

- I beat the Pokemon League. Now what?
Spoiler:

- How do I get through the Sphere Ruins?
Spoiler:

- I got through the Sphere Ruins. Now what?
Spoiler:

- Where can I find a certain Pokemon?
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Online now
Super happy to see Vega finally on here! Also where can I find a Larvitar to complete the Pokedex?

isacc0909

Dragon Knight
Years
I have never complained about difficulty before in my life for a hack but fuck this games difficulty the first gym is a cheating whore no first gym leader should have berries on every pokemon aswell as use a potion on each I'm sorry thats not difficulty thats forcing the player to grind to an unnecessarily high lvl to beat a gym you should be able to win at lvl 14-15 without a huge difficulty.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
this ROM has some of the nicest fakemon design i ever seen, unlike the 10 year old doddles I see in other hacks. this is coming from someone who usually dislike fakemon hacks.

yeah the difficulty is tough, simply because the way its designed you simply cannot grind levels to prepare for boss fights, unless you want to spend an inordinate time to do so. (super low level wild mons and normal trainers, high level gym leaders/elite trainers with competitive movesets).

Years
Does this game have Physical Special Split?

Edit: aaand, it actually have it, and even the move description have it!!! Perfect!!!

Last edited:

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
Years
Oh, this finally got here. I was wondering how long it would take to transfer this from the Nuzlocke Forums. I might do a run of it over there.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Nice to see a foreign language hack like this fully translated in English! Could you also translate Spanish hacks, like Pokemon Mystical?

Ttar0914

Years
This is truly one of the best hacks I've ever played. As this hack has been posted on RHM several months ago, some of us were already able to play through it then, what I did, until Apple decided to revoke GBA4iOS again, but thanks to Dropbox, I am still able to continue the post game story and catch more Pokémon.
Also, I can only agree with what Spherical Ice said earlier: I, too, am glad to finally see this hack on PC. :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 5, 2021
Solve everything in my question tnx for this rom cant wait

Last edited:
Back