• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Anime Style Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotchItUpABit

Amateur
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
The Pokemon Anime Style Challenge. A challenge originating from www.azurilland.com/forums/pokemon/p...082-red_009-finally-plays-white-2-anime-style which takes a spin on the game and tries to follow the anime. In the challenge is many rules that simulate how a journey in the anime would be like

Rules:

Spoiler:

When is a challenge complete?

Spoiler:

Sign-up sheet:

Username:
Game:
Optional Rules?:

My sign-up:

Username: NotchItUpABit
Game: Pokemon Crystal
Optional Rules?: Yes. Specifically the tweaking rules. The Bro for Life if it is a Pokemon that has a pre-evolution introduced after it, you can use it.

Champions

None

Ongoing
PokeHunterBlack - White
Michelaar - Black 2
NotchItUpABit - Crystal​

Last edited:

NotchItUpABit

Amateur
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
Doing good so far, started Crystal and am now going to battle Jasmine (5th GYM) soon. I have 5 Pokemon so far. Here is the run-down:

Progress:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

All in all, this was a pretty good beginning update. We're on a roll, but we need to tackle Kanto as well. Thinking of adding a Poliwag that hopefully can evolve into Politoed. If it can't, then it'd be pretty sad. Oh well! Time to go!

NotchItUpABit

Amateur
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
Sorry for not updating in a while. I will continue updating on a weekly basis. I'll have an update hopefully soon.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
This actually sounds really fun! I suppose once I finish my ultimate Gallade solo I could try for this.

EDIT: I will, and I'll throw my signup here now. Gonna tweak the rules a LOT to match le anime,

Username: ddrox13
Game: Y
Optional Rules?: No Held Items (except those mentioned above, Everstones because evo fails are annoying, and signature items (including Mega Stones), no non-standard Pokeballs except Master, no legendaries (duh), cannot switch in trainer battles except after KOing an enemy or Turn 1.

And my partner will be... Shuppet! There is a reason the Puppet Pokemon made it into my sig. I have good memories of Shuppet from when I played the TCG competitively, and I have no reason to believe an in-game one will fail me (other than the fact that I've never used it). I'll get the egg from AS, probably with egg move Phantom Force because it's a cool move and makes Shuppet feel like a ninja (and I'd learn it by level if I were in ORAS).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Username: Ahri
Game: X/Y (not sure which one is free to use, will have to check my games)
Optional Rules:
If I receive an Egg of any kind, I MUST hatch it and make it part of my team. The same rule applies to fossil Pokemon.
On every encounter with the evil team, one of my Pokemon will get stolen, meaning I can't use it to battle the baddies. As soon as the baddies are taken care of, my Pokemon will be rescued and rejoin the party. I'll use a random number generator to decide which one gets stolen.
Only the "Bro for Life" can have its Amie level maxed. Everyone else has to be kept lower, based on when they joined the party.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 10, 2016
Update!
Spoiler:

(e) I misunderstood the first rule and caught Pokemon before my BFL x.x Oops

Last edited:

J11Knight

Knight Train
Years
Username: J11Knight
Game: Pokemon Y
Optional Rules?: On every encounter with the evil team, one of my Pokemon will get stolen, meaning I can't use it to battle the baddies. As soon as the baddies are taken care of, my Pokemon will be rescued and rejoin the party. I'll use a random number (excluding major boss battles like Lysandre)

Years
Know what? I remember doing this a while ago so why not do it again I guess ^.^

Username: AoTora
Game: Red (Will randomize it just for fun ^.^]
Optional Rules?: No held items [can't use them anyways lol]

Username: AoTora
Game: Emerald OA [Kalos] - Basically a normal emerald rom with few mons from other regions instead of normal hoenn ones- Will randomize this aswell.
Optional Rules?: No held items besides everstones (Mind if I just hack in a few everstones at the beginning of the game though? Not surei f you can buy them D: ]

Wanderer Miror B.

The user formerly known as Orrefan8888
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 24, 2017
This sounds fun, but I'm going to make it little tougher on myself.

Username: Wanderer Miror B.
Game: Pokemon Yellow
Optional Rules?: Yes. I will be tweaking the rules to remove number 7 regarding consecutive moves, adding in rule 9, and further adding Nuzlocke rules so that the challenge functions as an Anime-Style Nuzlocke, as long as this is acceptable. I'll essentially be playing as Paul from the Diamond and Pearl arc of the show. Also, depatures will be randomly selected, as I would otherwise just keep a weak Pokemon around to throw away.

My Bro for Life will be the cliche choice, Pikachu.

jordinduyck25

Providence25
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Username: jordinduyck25
Game: FireRed (With Universal Randomizer)

Optional Rule:
No one is safe: A alteration of the departure rule. Your Pokemon, sorted by when caught, are randomly selected if a Pokemon is to depart. BFL is exempted of course.
Quality over Quantity: You can catch only up to 10 Pokemon, as per anime. If a Pokemon departs, you can catch another to take it place. They all must be different though.
Making Friends is Hard: You have 2/6 chance of that Pokemon being allowed to be caught. It's to emulate how Ash never caught a lot of Pokemon.

Wish me luck.

jordinduyck25

Providence25
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Username: jordinduyck25
Game: FireRed

Log 1

Spoiler:

Team:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
I'm going to use #9 with the tweak that Everstones can be equipped, so the Bro For Life rule will be easier on me.

I'm going to make the Team Member Loss random because otherwise I can just run a five-member team with one junk Pokemon to constantly discard. This is obviously going to maul whatever well-planned team I have, but be more true to a challenge.

Username: Disturb Not The Harmony
Game: Gold
Optional Rules?: Restricted Held Items, Random Team Member Loss
Bro For Life: Chikorita

Chikorita has Reflect as a utility move, which will make it easier to cope with the three-moves rule (since I'll want to be renewing it frequently anyway). It's also pretty decent after the first two Gyms, which is the point when random team member loss will start to hit hard.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Im finally gunna do this

Username: DyingWillFlareon
Game: Yellow (wish i couldve randomized other than starter but hey oh well qwq)
Optional Rules: No held items. Bc. Gen I. :'D Also if Im training on wild Pokemon or against a Metapod/Kakuna the Move Limit rule is not in place.

My BFL will be the Pika

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back