• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crossroads; A Johto Story ↠ Act 2 (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I've been thinking about attempting to join for a couple of days now...

1. Is this strictly to people who have been in it before?
2. Is it too late to join since the IC is already posted?
hi dud! As the OP here says, the spots are closed for now. As such, there is no signing up for new players, no c:

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think i'd like Caelan to do that event. It'd be nice to have the two newest chars interact :3
That would be fun yes! Bee will have kept up and probably recognize Caelan from Pine's descriptions, oooor they could realize when they were already in the interview that they're both Pine trainers haha.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
In addition to Event #1, Vincent will be doing the optional one as I have been begging for Eevee for years.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think i'd like Caelan to do that event. It'd be nice to have the two newest chars interact :3

Thinking of doing event 1 as well!
So how about Morgan, Caelan and Beatrice ending up in an interview together? c: Would make it easy for Shawn to play Whitney if we'd like that also!

No event for me...
because you have enough story arc stuff to do, I allow it~ Might go the same way with Deen actually o: or just give him an Eevee, hmm.

In addition to Event #1, Vincent will be doing the optional one as I have been begging for Eevee for years.
You mean #2, right?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
So it turns out people really don't like to portray gym leaders by themselves in this RP, or at least not when they are portrayed differently by different players. As such, you can opt to let a predecided player take the role of certain gym leaders in any post where they appear (: here is the list. Sephy and Ozy may take over Bugsy and Jasmine if they like, but I would really like to keep Morty and Falkner GM controlled.

Falkner - Rika
Bugsy - Rika (?)
Whitney - Dragon
Morty - Rika
Chuck - Basty
Jasmine - ?
Pryce - Chris
Clair - Alby

Also! I seen you guys plotting and discussing things on skype but I've lost track. What interactions with other players would you like to make in Goldenrod, aside from event-related ones~?

ALSO: should we try to claim different eeveelutions, all of us (who want Eevee)? (: it might be neat that way, but if two people really want the same and nobody wants to step down, that's fine of course haha.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Personally, as someone who isn't getting an Eevee, I think it'd be the most fun if you lot had different eeveelutions. Will be all the more interesting when they interact with each other too.

As for interactions... once the first post of Melody+Christina is up, Tina's gonna run into Vincent and do event #2. After that, she's going to do the gym and meet Caelan. Not necessarily in that order.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I really disapprove the idea of claiming pokemon other than for starters, but for interaction sake...

I think I'll claim Vaporeon!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
*shrug* idk about claim but we can at least see if we can work it out so that we all have different evos? If it doesn't then oh well c:

I think Deen is good without an eevoo. Beatrice however, could go with Flareon, Glaceon or Jolteon. Not sure yet c: maybe I'll decide later.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
You mean #2, right?

Ya. My bad.

As far as Eevees go, I'm likely gonna make a jab for either Jolteon, Espeon or Slyveon. Honestly, a little undecided but if I had to pick one, it's gonna be Slyveon. Why? Because just imagine him with it.

Yes, it's adorable.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
4vUIOUR.jpg

Terrence O'Delle

Hometown: Ecruteak

Appearance: Terry's looks strike a strange balance between gentle and rough. He stands at an above-average 5'10, with fair skin and icy-blue eyes. He has a very strong chin and brow, as well as a slightly upturned nose and thin lips, finishing up a decent looking face. He has a bit of noticeable muscle tone thanks to all of his recent work, but not enough to impress anyone with the least bit of a discerning eye. He also has pretty broad shoulders and big hands for an otherwise-lithe frame. An odd recessive gene of his family that skipped several generations seems to have awakened in Terry, giving him silvery hair, and pale-gray irises tinged with the slightest bit of violet.

Terry is often found wearing a plain red long-sleeved shirt with a white collar and no designs up top or a similar black shirt with white trim and collar. Lower down he is almost constantly seen in loose-fitting, sea green pants and black-and-white tennis shoes.

Family: Terry was lucky enough to be blessed with loving parents that had the saint-like patience it took to deal with his as a child. His father Gerald even managed to make time for family bonding despite how busy his career as one of Johto's top chemists was. When they failed to have another child it became a running joke that all the messing around with various compounds had damaged Gerald's virility...and resulted in Terry's unique hair color. Of course, most people who knew the family would argue that Terry's mother Sharon had it way harder, having to be a homemaker with a troublemaker of her son's caliber. All in all, it was a pretty picturesque family life, Terry himself was the only serious flaw in it all. But ever since he got himself under control he's been closer to his parents than ever.

History: Terrence had a bit of a troubled childhood, and it was almost entirely his own fault. Despite having supportive parents who tried to raise him right as best they could, and a stable household, Terry always seemed to be running around the town getting into mischief. The boy was always angry about something it seemed, and if he wasn't arguing with adults over nothing that really mattered, he was getting into fights with the few other children around Ecruteak. Despite both of them trying so hard to keep him in check, Terry's parents couldn't do much besides punishing him accordingly and trying to teach him why what he did was wrong. The boy just rebelled and kept getting worse, until the day he made the mistake of ruining one of the dancers' shows.

Before he could get more than two steps on the stage before a hand grabbed onto his collar and angrily yanked him off the stage. It was that old man with the swimming Rhydon who always seemed to be at the theater every day, watching the dancers with rapt attention. The old man made Terrence sit on one of the cushions scattered around small tables in front of the stage, and held him there by the shoulder with a surprisingly strong grip, and made him watch the whole thing quietly. Any attempts to move or speak were met with harsh words and a shake of the shoulders. Terry found himself entranced in the dancers' movements, they felt so fierce and powerful, but they were in total control, even though he could practically feel the venom one of them had towards him for trying to ruin the performance. And when they finished, exiting unceremoniously and leaving behind the old man and a perplexed Terry, the old man began to explain his passion for the dancers. He explained all about how when they were dancing, it may as well be the entire universe. Nothing mattered except their performance, and when they threw themselves so wholly into the experience, their audience was swallowed just as wholly into their rhythm.

The old man's rant went on for a while, including talking about how he used the dancers' philosophy to teach his Rhydon to withstand the waves, and swim gracefully despite its type, weight, and flexibility. Frankly Terry tried to ignore him as much as possible, but two things stuck with him, self-control, and pokémon. He'd always liked pokémon, they didn't make him angry like people did. Terry spent the next few years trying to avoid getting into fights as often as possible, and spend a lot of time with different pokémon. He faltered more than a few times, but he made progress, and when he heard about Professor Pine giving out special pokémon he had to get his hands on one.

Terry ended up with a strangely colored Bulbasaur, who seemed eager to follow his orders right away. It took no time at all for the two to start getting along, and Terry wasted no time setting off. But he hadn't made a very good showing of himself and first impressions led the other Pine trainers to stay away from him, leaving the first leg of his journey in total solitude. Along the way, he made sure to battle every single pokémon he encountered, even though it made trips to the pokémon centers much more frantic, and frequent than they perhaps should have been. It all seemed not to pay off when his first attempt to at the Violet City Gym was a failure, his just desserts for not catching any other pokémon before he got there. On his second attempt, however, a well placed Leech Seed and a lot of defensive play led him to a victory of attrition!

Along the way to Azalea town, Terry managed to catch himself a feisty Geodude he named Pebble because nothing better came to mind, and he liked skipping pebbles on still water. When he finally arrived at Azalea town he was shocked to find he was the last of the Pine trainers to arrived, and the others had already had some sort of encounter with Team Rocket. His attempts to defeat Bugsy went much like his battle against Falkner, the first time was a sound defeat with Bertold was defeated by a Fury Cutter from Bugsy's Scyther. Afterward, Terry delved into Ilex forest for some intense training, and during that time, he even managed to get ahold of a Venonat, whom he named Sprite, in honor of her bouncy and whimsical personality.

Terry's second battle with Bugsy was a triumph, finally finishing off the leader's Scyther with a Rock Throw from Pebble that the bug was too slow to avoid thanks to a leftover Leech Seed from Bertold. Once he got his second badge he could finally move on and head back through Ilex towards Goldenrod City. He was determined not to pass a city that held a gym without getting its badge first, and he looked forward to the next challenge he'd be faced with.

Goals and interests: There isn't really all that much Terry wants out of life. So far all he knows about what he wants to do is that he doesn't know. All that's clear to him is he wants to improve himself, and he wants to go see what the world has to offer so he can figure it out, and he thinks being a great pokémon trainer is the best way to start.

Strengths: Terry has a good mind for tactics when he can keep a cool head, coming up with - generally good - reactions on the fly to whatever situation. He's a very determined person and is great at sticking to goals or plans, but flexible enough to change how he goes about them when he's not too angry. Since realizing his faults he's become very determined to eternally better himself, always trying to find something to learn from a situation, even if it is difficult for him not to just go full-steam ahead. Terry is also very fit thanks to how "active" he was during his youth, and all the work he's done since becoming a trainer. Terry doesn't go out of his way to help everyone he meets, but he hates bullies and has an obsession with paying back his debts.

Weaknesses: Even though he knows there are times to stay quiet and avoid trouble, Terry still tends to be a very abrasive and argumentative person. He still can't handle certain insults to his intellect, battling skill (unless it's just been proved to his face with a thorough beating), or anything that sounds like he's being called a coward. Because of how quick he is to anger it's very easy for just about anyone to goad Terry into an argument, especially if they're doing it on purpose to mess with him. He also has a hard time realizing when what he's done is good enough and it's time to stop, leading to him being very bullheaded once he starts something, and sometimes taking things further than they should be. He usually avoids spending time with people if he doesn't have a good reason to, as he gets tired of fighting with people all the time, but feels it's inevitable for him at this point.

Pokémon:
mgXNbeP.jpg

Bertold
Ivysaur, Male: Leech Seed, Vine Whip, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Tackle, Sludge Bomb

Pebble
Geodude, Male: Rock Throw, Double Edge, Mud Slap. Rollout

Sprite
Venonat, Female: Bug Bite, Poison Fang, Stunpowder, Quick Attack

(I would also like an Eevee for Terry if I may. He'd probably end up with an Umbreon or a Glaceon, both of which would ironically be suuper cuddly despite their type and appearance.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Your SU is officially accepted, Seph ;D And you can get an Eevee through the event, like everybody else!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Finished Beatrice! Any thoughts on her? I didn't give her many weaknesses and strengths, but if you guys are ok with it, I might develop more naturally as the RP progresses.

Ya. My bad.

As far as Eevees go, I'm likely gonna make a jab for either Jolteon, Espeon or Slyveon. Honestly, a little undecided but if I had to pick one, it's gonna be Slyveon. Why? Because just imagine him with it.

Yes, it's adorable.

I really disapprove the idea of claiming pokemon other than for starters, but for interaction sake...

I think I'll claim Vaporeon!

i'd also like myself an eevee :3 so i'll probably be doing that after event 1

ps rika that sounds good to me!
It would be more fun if we had different evos yea (; I talked to Alby the other day and we figured it would be neat if Deen and Bee could trade pokémon so that she'd fetch an Eevee but trade it with Deen for his Dratini. Bee would get the Dratini and Deen would eventually have a Flareon that way. Since it's ok to trade between players, and since I'm not giving a char two Eevees, I hope that would be alright with you guys? I don't want to do anything unfairly just because I'm the GM or something. So I'm asking you players for an OK for these plans c:

Morgan - Vaporeon
Vincent - Sylveon
Aberdeen - Flareon
Caelan - ?

Christina - none
Beatrice - none

Also, we could actually incorporate Mega evolution in this. But you'd only get one Mega each. Would you enjoy that?

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Bee looks like fun. Approved :3

And yeah, the trading thing is alright! I mean, I did it before, so it only makes sense that you get to do it too.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Since Melody is now doing the Eevee event, you can put her down for the Jolteon. As for Megas, that works, but everyone needs to actually have one that can do it. :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Since Melody is now doing the Eevee event, you can put her down for the Jolteon. As for Megas, that works, but everyone needs to actually have one that can do it. :3
Yeah, I guess. So what Mega possibilities do we have for now?

Morgan - Ampharos / Blaziken / Audino
Aberdeen - Ampharos (wow is that the only one? He better get a Pidgey again!)
Christina - Salamence / Gengar
Melody - Gardevoir
Vincent - Pidgeot / Gyarados / Metagross
Caelan - Swampert
Beatrice - Steelix
Terrence - Venusaur

Buuuut actually I think we could allow fake Megas if you want! If we can find cool enough concepts and abilities and stuff for them~ I mean, I'd totes be down for using a Water/Psychich Mega Golduck so that I don't have to evolve Flaaffy <3

Spoiler:

Back