• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
hello everyone, it's been a long time since my last post
a lot of things to do

congratulations to everyone with new shinies.
remember that the secret key event is almost over.

see you and good luck everyone...

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
Hey guys. I'm not quite sure how to introduce myself here since I'm new to PC, but I just recently got re-obsessed with Pokemon again, specifically playing Diamond and shiny hunting.

I've stuck with the games since the very beginning, but not until a year or so ago after my Pokemon hiatus did I even realize shinies existed. I never ran into one in my G/S/C games, save for the red Gyarados, but I always assumed that was exclusive to that particular Gyarados.

Since my discovery, I guess you can say I've become pretty absorbed. I researched the different methods, particularly the Masuda method and chaining. I don't yet have a single shiny to show for it, but for my first target I've aimed for my favorite: a shiny Umbreon. I've been hatching Eevees using the Masuda method, and so far I've hit 280 hatched over about three days and going strong.

So this is what I want to know: do you have room among your ranks for a n00b? (: I may be new to the whole scene, but you can trust that I have a VERY obsessive personality and will prove an active member. xD

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I like you already, Inkpuddle! :)

Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until MetalMario (or one of the invisible co-owners) posts to officially admit you in to the club, but you shouldn't have to worry about that. You can continue to post here like usual, I believe.

Congrats on all the new shinies, everyone. I believe the only reason I haven't gotten a new shiny yet is because school has really taken up a lot of my free time. Once summer comes, I hope to be able to spend more of my time hunting.

And to be quite honest, I can't wait until I get shiny Zapdos and Articuno on FR/LG...once I do, I think I will be completely done with SRing on the GBA games. I seriously have every shiny I could ever want that's reasonably soft resettable in the 3rd Gen (besides the dogs from Colosseum) and not in the 4th gen, so continuing to hunt on R/S/E/FR/LG seems pretty useless to me.

Good luck, everyone.

Years
Congrats on all new shinies. I, on the other hand, still haven't hunted yet.

I'm very excited about the Gold and Silver Remakes. I'm gonna get both of them, and dual hunt like a maniac.
After I get Dialga, I'm gonna chain shiny Magmar, Croagunk, and possibly something else.
I also hope Zapdos will shine quickly.

An interesting note from another forum:
A member on Pokemon Epiphany posted in the HeartGold and SoulSilver thread said that there were some interesting features leaked. These are unconfirmed, but will excite the crap out of me if true.
-Mewtwo and the Birds are in Kanto.
-The "dogs" and the two Mascot legendaries can all be caught in one copy of the game
-The DSi can interact with... the PokéGear, I believe it was.
-You can get a Gold or Silver PokéGear, regardless of the version.
-Mew, Deoxys, and Celebi are all obtainable on their Islands/Areas.
-New Underground
-New Battle Frontier
-New Pokétch
-Obtain all Kanto Starters
-Obtain one Hoenn Starter

Very exciting. I'm also speculating that, like Yellow, the Starter will follow you around the whole game. Doesn't appeal to me, but whatever.
Good luck, all.

Years
Well, I have a new shiny. On my first go at chaining today! XD
Got up to 40 and found a shiny... wait for it... Caterpie

It was a challange set by my friend.
She really wanted one and I said that I would try and get it before the day was out. An hour later, I come across one ^.^

First Picture
Second Picture

Just an update ^.^

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
hello guys, It looks that I have time so I'm back at hunting again.
I'm going strong SRing one of the starters, and won't give up.
Once I get it I'll let you know.

Alinthea said:
Well, I have a new shiny. On my first go at chaining today! XD
Got up to 40 and found a shiny... wait for it... Caterpie

It was a challange set by my friend.
She really wanted one and I said that I would try and get it before the day was out. An hour later, I come across one ^.^

First Picture
Second Picture

Just an update ^.^

Congrats on caterpie, looks good.

see ya guys and good luck in your huntings.

Years
Thanks Draco.
A new day and a new swarm. Not sure what it is yet as I have only just woken up! Haha.
Long night of revision. Fun times.

Hopefully it will be a Pokemon that I like and be able to get a shiny out of it! ^.^

Good luck everyone!

Years
Welcome to the club, Inkpuddle! And trust me. You should have no concerns whatsoever of n00bdom. Your level of diction and astuteness is much higher than that of any troublemaker.

Also, welcome back, Alinthea! I can't say I have any idea who you are.
*looks up name changes in profile*
Aahh, Garra of the desert! I remember you! Stupid name changes... >.>

So, FINALLY, after too long, I've gotten a Beldum swarm! Now that there's a Platinum Move Tutor for Thunderpunch, I don't really need to get one on GenIII, so I'll give this swarm my best!

Right now, I'm on a 2-chain. I'm not going to follow any of the chaining rules except for entering 4-zone patches, when they're not on the edge, and have the correct shake. (The other rules don't seem to be having any effect, and it's too hard to read the arrangements in the Sandstorm.) When this chain breaks, I'll go get a Probopass to faint and put in the lead.

I'm not using my regular hunter Breloom. Instead, I'm going to put together a Pain Split/Hypnosis Spiritomb to negate recoil damage. This could take a while. Thankfully, with two DSes, the swarm isn't going anywhere.

Stellar

Years
Thanks. <3 I feel welcome already. xD

I hit 350 Eevee eggs yesterday, and still nothing. I took a break today since I went out to the arcade with my friends, but I'll be resuming the hunt tomorrow. It's funny, after so many eggs I still get that moment of excitement when each egg hatches, and I know when I get my prize I'll love it even more for having worked so hard for it. <3

Years
Also, welcome back, Alinthea! I can't say I have any idea who you are.
*looks up name changes in profile*
Aahh, Garra of the desert! I remember you! Stupid name changes... >.>

AHHHH MM!!
It has been too long ^^.
Yah, I didn't like my old name.
I will put it in my sig to remind people! XD

I got my beldum the other day! See on the other page for pretty pictures and a little story! XD

We will have to catch up sometime!

Also, welcome Inkpuddle!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Ugh. I've hatched too many eggs for Croagunk. I'm taking a short break and soft resetting for a shiny Azelf on my once lucky Diamond version.

Infinite, would you like to race for shiny Zapdos? I'm SRing for it on both FR and LG. Knowing my luck, you'll probably get it before me anyway. ;)

And some of those rumors about HG/SS sound too good to be true...obtainable Mew AND Celebi in the same game? Too much for me to handle.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
It's Just Fufu said:
Ugh. I've hatched too many eggs for Croagunk. I'm taking a short break and soft resetting for a shiny Azelf on my once lucky Diamond version.

Infinite, would you like to race for shiny Zapdos? I'm SRing for it on both FR and LG. Knowing my luck, you'll probably get it before me anyway. ;)

And some of those rumors about HG/SS sound too good to be true...obtainable Mew AND Celebi in the same game? Too much for me to handle.

Take it easy, you'll hatch at least one soon, maybe two, just be positive that you will get it. Good luck with zapdos and azelf; and about HG/SS It's going to be very ineresting and fun if those rumors are true, just think about it, for most of us it would be a dream come true.

Inkpuddle said:
I hit 350 Eevee eggs yesterday, and still nothing. I took a break today since I went out to the arcade with my friends, but I'll be resuming the hunt tomorrow. It's funny, after so many eggs I still get that moment of excitement when each egg hatches, and I know when I get my prize I'll love it even more for having worked so hard for it. <3

Keep going, never give up. It's always exciting when you get a shiny that's difficult to find.

MetalMario said:
So, FINALLY, after too long, I've gotten a Beldum swarm! Now that there's a Platinum Move Tutor for Thunderpunch, I don't really need to get one on GenIII, so I'll give this swarm my best!

Right now, I'm on a 2-chain. I'm not going to follow any of the chaining rules except for entering 4-zone patches, when they're not on the edge, and have the correct shake. (The other rules don't seem to be having any effect, and it's too hard to read the arrangements in the Sandstorm.) When this chain breaks, I'll go get a Probopass to faint and put in the lead.

I'm not using my regular hunter Breloom. Instead, I'm going to put together a Pain Split/Hypnosis Spiritomb to negate recoil damage. This could take a while. Thankfully, with two DSes, the swarm isn't going anywhere.

I know what you mean, it's a good thing that the programers put move tutors in platinum, it gives the posibilities for a wide variety of strategies. Good luck with your hunt.

Well I think that's all for now, see you later and Good luck everyone

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Chr. Draco, I don't know what else to say, other than "Thank you. Thank you so much."

Why?

Because...this:

A post by me at SPPf said:

SHINYFUFU IS BACK!!!!

After almost a complete year of fruitless egg hatching, mindless chaining, and nights lost over soft resetting, I have obtained my newest shiny!

So here's what happened. I went to PokeCommunity to see how the Shiny Hunters Club was doing, and I noticed that another user was soft resetting for a shiny Zapdos. I thought, "Might as well suggest a race, at least it'll give me some motivation." Right as I was about to log off, I noticed my Shiny Hunters Club Card. Admiring my shinies, I noticed that ever since I got shiny Bulbasuar on FR, I alternated between those two games for my soft resetted shinies (Bulbasaur on FR, then Squirtle on LG, Lapras on FR, then Moltres on LG). I then noticed that there was some chained shinies in between the SR'd shinies. Coincidence? Yeah, but at this point, I was desperate.

Being the superstitious hunter that I am, I decided to try and chain for Meditite on my Diamond version on Route 211 (or whatever route is to the east of Eterna) while I soft reset for Zapdos on FR. I battled a few Pokemon to kill my Synching shiny Abra, and right as I go to my bag to apply the Max Repel and begin my chain, what scrolls across the screen of my GBA SP?

A beautfiul, sun-tanned Zapdos!

The battle was fairly simple; with my shiny Scizor leading, I used Swords Dance, then proceeded to False Swipe. The move got its HP down to the very low red, and from there, I was too scared to do much else, so I switched to my shiny Lapras. It paralyzed Lapras on the switch in with Thunder Wave. I use Sing, get it to fall asleep, and through a plethora of balls at it, none of which worked. Oddly, the closest I got to catching it was with a Luxury Ball when it was awake!

Unfortunately, Pressure and Detect abuse took its toll on Lapras' Sing, so I switched to Snorlax for Yawn. Again, I went through the same throwing random PokeBalls at the golden-thunderbird. *Sigh* Such beauty...eventually, I mustered up the courage to switch back to Scizor and False Swipe it down to 1 HP. Switched back to Snorlax to put it back to sleep. Threw a Timer Ball; no good. Threw an Ultra.

Shake...

Shake....

Shake...

CLICK!

:) :) :)

Totally totally totally unexpected! And I was getting ready to go to bed, too! I did maybe thirty soft resets...ah, such a felicitous happening that was! Shiny hunting really is great. :)

I didn't take any pictures simply because I didn't want to disturb everybody in my house that is sleeping, and because of the fact that I wouldn't have uploaded them right away. But here are stats, possible IVs, etc.

Zapdos Lv. 50 - Hasty
HP :: 165 (30-31)
Attack :: 109 (28-29)
Defense :: 93 (28-29)
SAtk: 138 (16-17)
SDef :: 96 (2-3)
Speed :: 117 (4-5)

I had a feeling that Speed would be a little low, but I honestly could care less. :D Mixed shiny Zapdos, here I come!

Edit: Next up...Articuno!!!

Edit: Oh, yeah, good luck EVERYONE!

Stellar

Years
Grats on Zapdos! Geez, all this SRing makes me wish I had shot for shiny Dialga... I love the neon colors on that thing. Maybe next time if I get my hands on Platinum?

So last night someone from the Trade Corner asked me to make a banner for their trade thread, and in return I got my pick of his Pokemon, which just so happened to include a shiny Umbreon. Granted, I'm extremely anti-hacking and cloning, so I tend to stay away from any rare Pokemon over there. I have a friend who's also crazy about shiny Umbreon, so I took him up on his offer for her. It was kind of surreal to have that thing on my game, but I think it was even more motivation to hatch my prize. xD

Years
Frackin' grats, Fufu. Epic way to get back into the grove of hunting.

Still nothing new, frickin' lameness.

So this was a post full of fail, but yeah... Grats again, Fufu.

Good luck, y'all.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
It's Just Fufu said:
Chr. Draco, I don't know what else to say, other than "Thank you. Thank you so much."

Why?

Because...this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A post by me at SPPf

SHINYFUFU IS BACK!!!!

After almost a complete year of fruitless egg hatching, mindless chaining, and nights lost over soft resetting, I have obtained my newest shiny!

So here's what happened. I went to PokeCommunity to see how the Shiny Hunters Club was doing, and I noticed that another user was soft resetting for a shiny Zapdos. I thought, "Might as well suggest a race, at least it'll give me some motivation." Right as I was about to log off, I noticed my Shiny Hunters Club Card. Admiring my shinies, I noticed that ever since I got shiny Bulbasuar on FR, I alternated between those two games for my soft resetted shinies (Bulbasaur on FR, then Squirtle on LG, Lapras on FR, then Moltres on LG). I then noticed that there was some chained shinies in between the SR'd shinies. Coincidence? Yeah, but at this point, I was desperate.

Being the superstitious hunter that I am, I decided to try and chain for Meditite on my Diamond version on Route 211 (or whatever route is to the east of Eterna) while I soft reset for Zapdos on FR. I battled a few Pokemon to kill my Synching shiny Abra, and right as I go to my bag to apply the Max Repel and begin my chain, what scrolls across the screen of my GBA SP?

A beautfiul, sun-tanned Zapdos!

The battle was fairly simple; with my shiny Scizor leading, I used Swords Dance, then proceeded to False Swipe. The move got its HP down to the very low red, and from there, I was too scared to do much else, so I switched to my shiny Lapras. It paralyzed Lapras on the switch in with Thunder Wave. I use Sing, get it to fall asleep, and through a plethora of balls at it, none of which worked. Oddly, the closest I got to catching it was with a Luxury Ball when it was awake!

Unfortunately, Pressure and Detect abuse took its toll on Lapras' Sing, so I switched to Snorlax for Yawn. Again, I went through the same throwing random PokeBalls at the golden-thunderbird. *Sigh* Such beauty...eventually, I mustered up the courage to switch back to Scizor and False Swipe it down to 1 HP. Switched back to Snorlax to put it back to sleep. Threw a Timer Ball; no good. Threw an Ultra.

Shake...

Shake....

Shake...

CLICK!

:) :) :)

Totally totally totally unexpected! And I was getting ready to go to bed, too! I did maybe thirty soft resets...ah, such a felicitous happening that was! Shiny hunting really is great. :)

I didn't take any pictures simply because I didn't want to disturb everybody in my house that is sleeping, and because of the fact that I wouldn't have uploaded them right away. But here are stats, possible IVs, etc.

Zapdos Lv. 50 - Hasty
HP :: 165 (30-31)
Attack :: 109 (28-29)
Defense :: 93 (28-29)
SAtk: 138 (16-17)
SDef :: 96 (2-3)
Speed :: 117 (4-5)

I had a feeling that Speed would be a little low, but I honestly could care less. :D Mixed shiny Zapdos, here I come!

Edit: Next up...Articuno!!!

Edit: Oh, yeah, good luck EVERYONE!

You're welcome and congratulations, sounds like it was epic.
sp. def and speed were too low, but the most important thing is that is shiny and that the other stats are good.
Good luck with Articuno.

Here going strong with a shiny starter.

Inkpuddle said:
Grats on Zapdos! Geez, all this SRing makes me wish I had shot for shiny Dialga... I love the neon colors on that thing. Maybe next time if I get my hands on Platinum?

So last night someone from the Trade Corner asked me to make a banner for their trade thread, and in return I got my pick of his Pokemon, which just so happened to include a shiny Umbreon. Granted, I'm extremely anti-hacking and cloning, so I tend to stay away from any rare Pokemon over there. I have a friend who's also crazy about shiny Umbreon, so I took him up on his offer for her. It was kind of surreal to have that thing on my game, but I think it was even more motivation to hatch my prize. xD
yeah, shiny dialga is so cool, I still remember the moment when I got mine.
I agree in that it's better to recieve your prize by your own effort, that way you can tell that is legit, and it also feels good to get your own shinies.

Alinthea said:
Been a bit busy the past few days so I haven't been able to shiny hunt.

However, I do check my swarms and there is nothing good so meh :/

take it easy, there's always time, and who knows, maybe there are a lot of surprises, just be patient.

Infinite Heartless Core said:
Frackin' grats, Fufu. Epic way to get back into the grove of hunting.

Still nothing new, frickin' lameness.

So this was a post full of fail, but yeah... Grats again, Fufu.

Good luck, y'all.

You'll get yours soon, don't worry, just be patient and constant.

See you next time guys and good luck everyone.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Congrats Fufu on the shiny Zapdos and other shinies you all have gotten.

I finally got over the cold I had the past week, so I've been able to get a bit more hunting done for my shiny targets(except when I had work or was playing something else other than Pokemon ).

I started my Japanese Platinum over once again, and I'm currently saved in front of Giratina. I'm SRing for another shiny one(as I really love shiny Giratina), but its been going slow. I have also did some SR's for shiny Dratini in FireRed, but nothing has appeared there either. I have a 4 day weekend this weekend(yay :D), so I'll be getting back to my Onix hatching(something which I stopped for a bit). I'm up to 20+ boxes of Onix using the Masuda Method, so hopefully during those 4 days I'll finally hatch a shiny one.

Last edited:
Years
47-BeldumSparkles.jpg

Do I win a trophy? Or at least a Pizza Trophy?

Seriously kids, don't venture into the desert. It takes a piece of you with it--you'll never come back the same!

My first chain broke at 35 on a patch I didn't see shake. Then the next one broke at 39 in a safe patch. The next up broke at 40 on a patch I didn't see shake while resetting for shinies. Then it broke in the 30s again. Finally it went to 40 and I caught some shinies from it. But those @#$! things keep breaking out of my Repeat Balls! I've caught two of them in Repeat Balls, and one in a Master Ball (I really don't like throwing those...), but so far, three! have succeeded in killing themselves. Spiritomb's Pressure, which I never knew it had until it was too late, isn't helping any.

Chaining in the sandstorm is much easier in the day, since there's better contrast in the day, so I'll continue harvesting the chain tomorrow.

And my boxes on Emerald are overflowing with Chikoritas. I'm going to need to check IVs and release them again. I might have passed 4000 by now; I'll go see.

SD: Why another shiny Giratina? Was your first one not good enough? :P I tend to be happy with just one shiny per SR candidate, unless they're really terrible. (I might consider going after another Rotom for this reason.)

Which reminds me of my Shiny Cover Legendary project. I've made it my plan to capture all the cover legendaries (plus Mewtwo, minus Suicune, though a shiny Suicune certainly would be nice, too!), and so far I've only caught two out of the nine possible. Kyogre's the next on my list. I've got some time to get the Hoenns, Giratina, and Mewtwo, before HGSS are out and I can go after Ho-oh and Lugia.

Good Luck on hunts, all, and good job finally getting Zapdos, Fufu!

Years
Good luck with Giratina, Storm! Another one would be awesome! :D

Presuming the rumors are true, you can get Mewtwo and the Birds in the Re-Makes, MetalMario! I'm not sure about Hoenn Legends, but I have heard that you can obtain a single Hoenn Starter. Hopefully it goes deeper into the Hoenn Region than that, though. ;D

Still no hunting... I'm pissed. I've asked my brother to hunt for me. Yes, the one who went and tattled, and then asked if he could play my X-Box 360 after I got grounded. I swear, he is the dumbest child you will ever find. And he's ten.

That's it for now. Good luck.

Back