• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2006
Need some help on some scripts

Hello,

I'm a big newb at rom hacking, so I decided to make a simple hack. However, I wanted to do 1 hard part: adding a script so you get pokemon when you defeated a gym leader (his/her last pokemon). I used the simple script thingie from Dark Future.inc (credits to them), but I don't understand the tutorial :( so can someone help me plz? ways to help:

1. By giving me a very detailed step-for-step instruction (I don't understand a bit about scripts)
2. By giving me the scripts (the scripts must work this way: when you defeat a leader, you must talk again. Then you get his/her last pokemon on the correct level! you don't have to make it hard for yourself by giving them rock tomb or something, i just teach them that with the TM, so just simple with the 4 (or less) last move the pokemon should have)
p.s. the leader must say: For defeating me, I'll give you my POKéMON!

if you need to have the offset the scrips can come in: 006EA490
from here i have a huge amount of space left, more then enough for the scrips, how big they are

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
How do I add this Pokemon?

I tried using Pokepic to add a pokemon, it came up as a distorted pic and when I resized it like the pics it showed, it ended up as a blue silhoutte. Help!

Just for the heads-up, the pokemon I'm trying to add is Buizeru from D/P. How could I add it to Pokemon Sapphire/Emerald?

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2006
** Help Plz Read: Regarding Ruby Tbl File: Help **

iight i do apologize but someone please help before this thread is closed but i really need a ruby english tbl file and ive searched the forums, went to the sticky about this ( i downloaded 3 files out of the message board and all of them said 0 kb and came up with error when i tried extracting it ) and pokedrome keeps bringing up as cannot find server and thats the only place i know that has the tbl files. Does anyone know another place to get them without these problems ^^^^^^. Plz help before you close the thread man i really need this file .......

Xenesis

Syogun Changer
Years
Deoxys Master EX said:
Can you buy a flash card for your GameBoySP that has a usb you can plug into the computer? Can you put your hack on it and play it on your GameBoy SP ?

Yes, yes and yes.

Look on Ebay, or other online stores. They aren't hard to find and don't cost too much.

Years
This was asked earlier in this thread but I didn't understand, so if it's okay to ask again -
I'm trying to edit FireRed's font and can't find its graphics in TLP or any other program.. I suppose it's compressed or something like that.. (Elitemap doesn't have an offest to any other game but R/S)
If someone knows, please help me :)

Thanks!!

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
urzzz said:
Hi, i'm trying to compile a trainer script to my Ruby ROM using Scripted, but i'm having a few problems.

first problem was a RTE 6 error i had, which stopped me from compiling. But i fixed that by adding a extra 0x0 between the Trainer ID bytes and the Battle intro pointer.
The problem now is that when i compile my script (which looks fine to me) and then assign the script to a trainer on elitemap, i approach the trainer, who spots me and walks towards me, but then all he does is come up with a load of never ending text which looks like: AIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAI, with ^'s over the top of the text.

I'm really stumped, the script looks fine to me, is there anyone who knows what could be the problem, heres the exact script:

#autobank on
#org 0x2089F0
trainerbattle 0x0 0x01 0x0 0x208A30 0x208A70
message 0x208AA0
boxset 0x06
end

#org 0x208A30
= i'm really pumped for a battle\pprepare to lose!
#org 0x208A70
= Ouch!, i need to train harder!
#org 0x208AA0
= your from HOENN huh?...\phehe. you'll find tougher\ntrainers than me in this region

Isn't the trainerID supposed to be 3 digits long? (Eg. 14D) Of course I'm still a newb but that's what most tutorials tell me. If it works let me know so it can anwser my question.

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 23, 2024
Hello, I have a questoin regarding scripting... You know when you want to end an event you put:

#raw 53
#raw (index of event in hex)
#raw 00

into script editor (or at least that's what i do), well I think it only works with people events and not script events or signpost events and stuff. Anyone know what to put into script editor to end events other than people?

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
HackMaster72 said:
I am making a trainer, but whenever i change the script to a trainer and compile it, it says it compiled correctly, but when i look at the code its just:

nop
#raw 0x5B
end

No matter what i do it comes to that. and if I do try and battle it, my screen goes, not black or white, but RED!? Can someone please help me with this.
This has been happening to me too! Did someone PM you an anwser? If so please tell me or if someone else can help.

SuperiorHominid said:
anyone have em? I really need them

I think I saw a list in the Documents/Tutorials. If not sorry.

Shadowyoshi said:
I'm using PET and I made a trainer battle but how do I put it into the game?

If anyone can still anwser this it'd be appreciated. This actually ties in with the first quote in this.

Last edited:

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
How do make it so that for example there is a team rocket invasion on pallet town and when you defeat giovani all the team rocket people go and everything is back to normal. I was also wondering how do i make new offsets and make flags for things such as the event I said already also can someone tell me how i can add a team magma and team aqua overworld into fire red with out editing other overworlds also can someone tell me what a pointer is.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2008
I read somewhere about modifying pokeroms.ini to suit your rom by searching for the offsets of certain values. May I ask exactly what are the values I must search for? I'm talking about Fire Red.

PikaRom

The Punk Nerd
Years
Cannot Edit Trainer Pokemon

I am relatively new to ROM hacking and am hacking a Pokemon Red ROM. I want to edit the Gym Leader Pokemon, but Hexposure cannot find the hex address where they start. Could somebody please assist me by providing any tips?

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2007
Sprite editor (FireRed) <Project: Pokemon, Generation V>

Hello,

I'm new here and already enjoying all the awesome and helpfull threads on the forum.
I have also started hacking Pokemon Fire Red, changing to my own region with my own Fakemon. I have recently finished 100 new Pokemon, and it would be very cool to see them in the game (ofcourse).

Anywayz, I was just wondering if anyone is willing to help me or tell me which tool to use to do this.

Thnx in advance

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
To SSJRobby, I'm sure this tutorial will help you sweetie.
Click here.

To PikaRom, 3A3B6 is the offset for Brock's Pokémon.
You'll see 0C A9 0E 22.
Remember the level comes before the Pokémon.
0C = Lvl. 12
A9 = Geodude
0E = Lvl.14
22 = Onix
To determine the levels, try using a scientific calculator. (The one in windoze will work just fine.)
Here's the list of Pokémon's hex values for RBY if ya need it, sweetie.
Code:
Hex/ Name 
00 Missingno 
01 Rydon
02 Kangaskahn
03 Nidoran Male
04 Clefairy
05 Spearow
06 Voltorb
07 Nidoking
08 Slowbro
09 Ivysaur
0A Eggecutor
0B Licktung
0C Exegute
0D Grimer
0E Gengar
0F Nidoran F 
10 Nidoqueen
11 Cubone
12 Ryhorn
13 Lapras
14 Arcanine
15 Mew 
16 Gyrados
17 Shellder
18 Tentacool
19 Gastly
1A Scyther
1B Staryu
1C Blastoice	
1D Pinser	
1E Tangala	
1F --	--
20 --	--
21 Growlithe	
22 Onix    	
23 Fearow	
24 Pidgey	
25 Slowpoke	
26 Kadabra
27 Graveler	
28 Chansey
29 Machoke	
2A Mr. Mime	
2B Hitmonlee	
2C Hitmonchan
2D Arbok 	
2E Parasect 	
2F Psyduck	
30 Drowzee	
31 Golom 	
32 --	--
33 Magmar	
34 --	--
35 Electabuzz	
36 Magneton	
37 Koffing	
38 --	--
39 Mankey	
3A Seel    	
3B Digglett	
3C Tarous	
3D --	--
3E --	--
3F --	--
40 FarFetche'd	
41 Venonat	
42 Dragonite	
43 --	--
44 --	--
45 --	--
46 Doduo 	
47 Poliwag	
48 Jynx    	
49 Moltres	
4A Articuno	
4B Zapdos 	
4C Ditto   	
4D Meowth	
4E Krabby	
4F --	--
50 --	--
51 --	--
52 Vulpix  	
53 Ninetails	
54 Pikachu	
55 Raichu	
56 --	--
57 --	--
58 Dratini 	
59 Dragonair	
5A Kabuto	
5B Kabutops	
5C Horsea	
5D Seadra	
5E --	--
5F --	--
60 Sandshrew	
61 Sandslash	
62 Omanyte	
63 Omaster	
64 Jigglypuff	
65 Wigglytuff	
66 Eevee  	
67 Flareon	
68 Jolteon	
69 Vaporeon	
6A Machop	
6B Zubat  	
6C Ekans	
6D Paras 	
6E Poliwhirl  	
6F Poliwrath	
70 Weedle	
71 Kakuna	
72 Beedril	
73 --	--
74 Dodrio 	
75 Primeape	
76 Dugtrio	
77 Venomoth	
78 Dewgong	
79 --	--
7A --	--
7B Caterpie	
7C Metapod	
7D Butterfree	
7E Machamp	
7F  --	--
80 Golduck	
81 Hypno 	
82 Golbat 	
83 Mewtwo	
84 Snorlax	
85 Magikarp	
86 --	--
87 --	--
88 Muk     
89 --	--
8A Kingler	
8B Cloyster	
8C --	--
8D Electrode	
8E Clefable	
8F Weezing	
90 Persian	
91 Marowak	
92 --	--
93 Haunter	
94 Abra    	
95 Alakazzam	
96 Pidgeotto	
97 Pidgeot	
98 Starmie	
99 Bulbasaur	
9A Venusaur	
9B Tentacruel	
9C --	--
9D Goldeen	
9E Seaking	
9F --	--
A0 --	--
A1 --	--
A2 --	--
A3 Ponyta	
A4 Rapidash	
A5 Rattata	
A6 Ratticate	
A7 Nidorino	
A8 Nidorina	
A9 Geodude
AA Porygon 	
AB Areodactyl	
AC --	--
AD Magnemite 	
AE --	--
AF --	--
B0 Charmander 
B1 Squirtle	
B2 Charmeleon	
B3 Wartortle	
B4 Charizard	
B5 --	--
B6 --	--
B7 --	--
B8 --	--
B9 Oddish
BA Gloom	
BB Vileplume	
BC Bellsprout
BD Weepinbell	
BE Victreebell

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2007
Whoopsydo !

I made till the first part... I edited Bulbasaurs sprite. NOw I can't post any images yet (need 15 posts) but the colors are off.... and now I can't seem to edit any other sprites because it keeps telling me something's wrong :s

I could really use some help with this.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
SSJRobby said:
Whoopsydo !

I made till the first part... I edited Bulbasaurs sprite. NOw I can't post any images yet (need 15 posts) but the colors are off.... and now I can't seem to edit any other sprites because it keeps telling me something's wrong :s

I could really use some help with this.
I've had this problem before, i think the pictures can only be 16-colour sprites. If it is then maybe the pokemon is off centre. If not then I can't help you but i non-newb probably could.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2019
Anyone know how to:
change rival name? atext does not work... (firered)
change shape of badge (firered)
edit map (blue)

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
My Question:~ Does anyone know the exact location of the main grass colour in hex. I've searhed for it in hex but there are absolutly loads of that palette line. Thanks in advance. ~ It's ok, I've managed it I went through about 30 diffent offsets to find it.

My answers:
By pokeant

Anyone know how to:
...change shape of badge (firered)...
Just use UNLZ and flick through and use the + and - to adjust the size.
I think it's located just after the trainers so about 1300 onwards.

By pokeant

Anyone know how to:
...edit map (blue)
See here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back