• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
If I have a saved game on Pokemone FireRed, and then I edit the ROm in Advance Map, do I have to restart the game to see the effects? And, in VBA whenever I play FireRed, it always starts the game like there was no save file, but there is. Please help, thanks!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
What I meant by restart was start the game over completely. Abd can anyone asnwere my second question please? Thanks!

When I try to load my FireRed ROM in Advance Map, it freezes, and I have to exit out of it. It works fine with Sapphire, and FireRed has worked before. Please help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2007
I've Got Two Things

1:how do i change the pokedex descriptions for fire red
in thingy32
2:how do i change pokemon attacks in pokemon amplifier i can't find it

Youji

Game Designer
Years
I've Got Two Things

1:how do i change the pokedex descriptions for fire red
in thingy32
2:how do i change pokemon attacks in pokemon amplifier i can't find it

1. Use an text editor its much easier than in thingy.
2. Which Amplifier do you have?

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2007
1:like what??? a-text won't find it and poketext does not ether
2:1.0.0.0, 2004,or something

PocketPika

Quiet Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2011
When ever i sart my firered hack and go to the Cerulean gym,
i cant battle anyone anymore!!!!! someone help me!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
Is there an ENGLISH porgram that lets you make your own Pokemon for Sapphire? I want it so that I can control its attack, speed, sprites, etc. Thanks!

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Is there an ENGLISH porgram that lets you make your own Pokemon for Sapphire? I want it so that I can control its attack, speed, sprites, etc. Thanks!

Read the tutorial of Scizz in the documents and tutorial section here. For changing the speed and the attacks also use Amplifier form the link above.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2007
ok now amplifier is in german and when i try to put it in english it chrashs saying "type mismatch" and i can't get the right moves to change because they are in german!

Youji

Game Designer
Years
ok now amplifier is in german and when i try to put it in english it chrashs saying "type mismatch" and i can't get the right moves to change because they are in german!

Yes I forget to tell you. Here is the English lsit.
Spoiler:

They are in the same order as the german ones. Open it and put it beside AP.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2007
now all i need is how to edit pokedex info in fire red and i need to know
how to change a person event (in adv. map) into 99 rare candies

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
haven't been in this part of pkmncomm in a long time o_O lol

is it possible to change evolutionary items and what pokemon they correspond to?
for example i wanna give eevee some new evolutions (dragon type is one)
can i make it so when i use a dragon scale on eevee it evolves into the dragon evolution?

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
If I made a new map in place of Pallet Town in FireRed, would it matter where the events were put? Or, would I have to put them in the same spot? Thanks!

EDIT: New question: Is there a way to make random pokemon battles in a part of a map, and have no random battles in the rest? Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
i have two questions:

1. I am making a pokemon hack in FR. is it better to use LG or stay as FR??

2. I have made a new title screen but at the bottom it says C2004 GAMEFREAK, i dont know how to change this bottom text and i also want to change the text before the intro movie.

HELP!

Youji

Game Designer
Years
i have two questions:

2. I have made a new title screen but at the bottom it says C2004 GAMEFREAK, i dont know how to change this bottom text and i also want to change the text before the intro movie.

HELP!

Like this?
zeigenavims2.gif

Which tutorial by Scizz are you talking about?

This one is the Pokémon pic change tutorial of Scizz I meant.
http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=79815

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
home32 said:
now all i need is how to edit pokedex info in fire red and i need to know
how to change a person event (in adv. map) into 99 rare candies

Use hex or script to create a person event so that they give 99 rare candies.

In Hex, 99 rare candies = [44][63]

Hyunbin said:
haven't been in this part of pkmncomm in a long time o_O lol

is it possible to change evolutionary items and what pokemon they correspond to?
for example i wanna give eevee some new evolutions (dragon type is one)
can i make it so when i use a dragon scale on eevee it evolves into the dragon evolution?

You could make a Pokemon hold and maybe level up or trade with the item or you could create a similar item to the stones and create a dragon scale that does that, could mean alot of scripting/hexing and then change the evolution data, I think there is a tutorial on this site on how to do it.

clakes707 said:
If I made a new map in place of Pallet Town in FireRed, would it matter where the events were put? Or, would I have to put them in the same spot? Thanks!

EDIT: New question: Is there a way to make random pokemon battles in a part of a map, and have no random battles in the rest? Thanks!

1. It depends what events though, some scripts only correspond to the map originally made... so you could create new scripts.

2. There is a code I think that can turn wild battles on and off(I know the one in gold) but I wouldn't know where the code in hex for FR would be.

falkner said:
i have two questions:

HELP!

1. They are both equal...it doesn't really matter

2. Try 2012, in black/white and 16 colour mode and 207 in black/white and 16 colour mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back