• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Okay, how about one colony situated in where would Castelia City soon stand and the colony will be divided into 17 sectors, one for each type. Still thinking of another plotline besides the league thing... It's a WIP... But I will consider the rebuilding civilization part. Common Pokemon are the Fossil Pokemon, And some other Pokemon. But I will tell you that the strongest Pokemon in New Unova will be the Prehistoric Magikarp. Yes, Magikarp.

Hmm, it doesn't always have to be a league, there could be some sort of catastrophic event that the RPers need to stop, maybe there are dissenters (akin to the sixers) that have opposing ideals? Or maybe there are prehistoric people there too, and they don't want the invaders there?

Just a few idea's off the top of my head. The one colony, seventeen sectors sounds fine. And a prehistoric Magicarp? Interesting, will be looking forward to seeing it's power.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
@ Zerin / Akio - We replied because it seemed like you wanted replies. That he happened to use the word "butchered" doesn't mean that he hates you.

@ Ichiro - I think it's ok to try and make RPs out of anything. With a good enough idea and the will to set up an intricate enough plot or setting and game mechanics, nothing is impossible, just maybe less simple than some other settings. At least this is the view that I'd like to have but perhaps I just haven't tried making too strange RPs yet x3

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
@ Zerin / Akio - We replied because it seemed like you wanted replies. That he happened to use the word "butchered" doesn't mean that he hates you.

@ Ichiro - I think it's ok to try and make RPs out of anything. With a good enough idea and the will to set up an intricate enough plot or setting and game mechanics, nothing is impossible, just maybe less simple than some other settings. At least this is the view that I'd like to have but perhaps I just haven't tried making too strange RPs yet x3

Well, I agree with you, it's ok to try and make RPs about whatever you feel like. But it's just that sometimes there are some things that are better off staying just like they are. Like TF2.

@Ichiro: I actually like the prehistoric people idea. Maybe they could be like rebels? But the only problem with that is that it would seem like that idea was ripped off the Sixers.

@Gunnerpow: But if Magikarp is the most powerful... what about Gyarados, it's evolution? xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

@Gunnerpow: But if Magikarp is the most powerful... what about Gyarados, it's evolution? xD

tss. We're talking another dimension here, where evolution hasn't yielded Gyarados yet. Instead, Magikarp grew bigger and bigger and bigger... maybe :D

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
In the alternate dimension, Magikarp is considered a legendary. If you would read the PokeDex files, Magikarp was a very strong Pokemon. Then, it grew weaker and weaker. Besides, the alternate dimension isn't really an alternate dimension. It just occurs in a different time stream.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Haahhaha somehow that RP sounds funny~ xD

I'm currently writing my SU for Arcanum :3
Good! How did you like mine? :3

In the alternate dimension, Magikarp is considered a legendary. If you would read the PokeDex files, Magikarp was a very strong Pokemon. Then, it grew weaker and weaker. Besides, the alternate dimension isn't really an alternate dimension. It just occurs in a different time stream.

Hmm, so they would be going to the past after all? Then... you could have them planning on building Castelia and other cities up from the ground. Maybe each player's main character could be responsible for reconstructing one of the large cities of Unova? Like, they could have been gym leaders in the old (um, our time) Unova (but not necessarily the same as in the games) and now they become mayors of the reconstructed towns. And maybe pokémon were more intelligent back then and have some society of their own (like PMD! ^^ ) and they fight these human invaders. So players could play gym leaders and you could play the wild pokémon society. Or players do both.

*tosses ideas all over the place and runs around with a crazy grin*

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years

Hmm, so they would be going to the past after all? Then... you could have them planning on building Castelia and other cities up from the ground. Maybe each player's main character could be responsible for reconstructing one of the large cities of Unova? Like, they could have been gym leaders in the old (um, our time) Unova (but not necessarily the same as in the games) and now they become mayors of the reconstructed towns. And maybe pokémon were more intelligent back then and have some society of their own (like PMD! ^^ ) and they fight these human invaders. So players could play gym leaders and you could play the wild pokémon society. Or players do both.

*tosses ideas all over the place and runs around with a crazy grin*

Technically, no. They are going to the past in another time stream. If they go back to the past, it would tear the fabric of time and space and Dialga and Palkia will be bedridden... >.>

When they discover the fracture in 2028, it leads to another time stream in the year 0001. In the year 2035, the first humans have gone through the portal thus starting time in the other time stream. So, in 2042, when your character goes through the portal, it would be 0008 in their time. And it would be impossible to re-establish the cities in that time frame. It's better if we do one colony than many scattered cities without routes connecting to them. Also, there would be schedules when the portal opens coz electricity bills are sky high when they are opened. Pokemon are sent every week to ensure the survival of their species as a whole. While people are sent only every 3 months. And like Terra Nova, once you have gone through the portal, there's no turning back.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
RHCP- i was like " ..... O.O ...... Omg..... I need to make a just as good one is this one...."

Your SU pretty much inspirated me to make my best SU ever! :D and i'm still working on it and editting stuff xD

And no i'm not overreacting :p it was really good ^^

The warden

I'm back!
Years

Technically, no. They are going to the past in another time stream. If they go back to the past, it would tear the fabric of time and space and Dialga and Palkia will be bedridden... >.>

When they discover the fracture in 2028, it leads to another time stream in the year 0001. In the year 2035, the first humans have gone through the portal thus starting time in the other time stream. So, in 2042, when your character goes through the portal, it would be 0008 in their time. And it would be impossible to re-establish the cities in that time frame. It's better if we do one colony than many scattered cities without routes connecting to them. Also, there would be schedules when the portal opens coz electricity bills are sky high when they are opened. Pokemon are sent every week to ensure the survival of their species as a whole. While people are sent only every 3 months. And like Terra Nova, once you have gone through the portal, there's no turning back.

This has been bugging me for a while now. If it leads back to the year 0001, are there any humans there? Are there native people, because if this universe follows the same path as the original there should be or is it a very different world, where humans never existed and Pokemon always did rule the planet?

Also why ship back the Pokemon? Are there no native Pokemon in this world or are the Pokemon different to the ones found back in 2042? Do the government lack information and are just trying to do what's best for the Pokemon?

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
This has been bugging me for a while now. If it leads back to the year 0001, are there any humans there? Are there native people, because if this universe follows the same path as the original there should be or is it a very different world, where humans never existed and Pokemon always did rule the planet?

Also why ship back the Pokemon? Are there no native Pokemon in this world or are the Pokemon different to the ones found back in 2042? Do the government lack information and are just trying to do what's best for the Pokemon?

First off, it is just a different time stream. And the very first people won't be around till the 0500's. And since the time flow is disrupted, the people that was supposed to be born there won't appear in that time stream anymore.

And as for the Pokemon, Pokemon in 0001 are primitive. And the common Pokemon are there are fossil Pokemon. You wouldn't want to fight a trainer in 0001 with a limited number of available Pokemon, do we?

Also, everybody is psyched about this RP. I really need to get it moving. Also, can I request a co-GM for this RP?

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

First off, it is just a different time stream. And the very first people won't be around till the 0500's. And since the time flow is disrupted, the people that was supposed to be born there won't appear in that time stream anymore.

And as for the Pokemon, Pokemon in 0001 are primitive. And the common Pokemon are there are fossil Pokemon. You wouldn't want to fight a trainer in 0001 with a limited number of available Pokemon, do we?

Also, everybody is psyched about this RP. I really need to get it moving. Also, can I request a co-GM for this RP?

This RP has got me excited! :D I would like to offer my services as a Co-GM!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

If I didn't have my hands full with Atlantis Arising at the moment, then I would be keen to help Co-GM. If there's anything you need help with though, feel free to PM me I will be happy to help out.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
If anyone needs a roleplay to join we are looking for more players for The Shattered Era. Some players have dropped out so I'm looking for new people to fill in roles such as spying on the opposite faction. The story itself is simple. There is a conflict between pokemon taking place. One side has adapted to using human technology and having it help in their daily lives. The other side has strived on age old tradition and views human technology and those that associate with it as a blight upon their world.

If you're interested you can check out the OOC thread here and the roleplay itself here. We are looking for players to mainly join the Mechanist side but it's still your choice!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
If anyone needs a roleplay to join we are looking for more players for The Shattered Era. Some players have dropped out so I'm looking for new people to fill in roles such as spying on the opposite faction. The story itself is simple. There is a conflict between pokemon taking place. One side has adapted to using human technology and having it help in their daily lives. The other side has strived on age old tradition and views human technology and those that associate with it as a blight upon their world.

If you're interested you can check out the OOC thread here and the roleplay itself here. We are looking for players to mainly join the Mechanist side but it's still your choice!

I am the co-GM, and I approve of this message. The RP is -alot- of fun, and easily the RP I look forward to replying to the most. Sadly, as Greiger said, we're a bit understaffed. We do have some great RP with the few we are, but to make it -amazing-, we need more. Not saying you should join, but give it a look, see if it's something for you, at least ^^

Also, a note! It's basically set sometime in the future, where humans have gone "Extinct", and there's only a couple of ruins left, with human tech' and the like remaining. Best you can do is read the story, rather than hear my half-arsed explanation of the story for it xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'll see if I can join in, Greiger! I've been dying of joining another RP, because I'm waiting for The Elite Army to begin. So, I guess I'll send in an SU by tonight or tomorrow maybe!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

*clears throat*

Ever wanted to be in a roleplay where you are ENCOURAGED to be GODMODDINGLY OVERPOWERED? Join the KNIGHTS OF ORAN in The Shattered Era today and hack'n'slash your way to righteous victory against the slobby mechanists!

... I finally got to do it! :D

I'll see if I can join in, Greiger! I've been dying of joining another RP, because I'm waiting for The Elite Army to begin. So, I guess I'll send in an SU by tonight or tomorrow maybe!
DO EET. JOIN US.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
You guys talking about non-evolutionary Pokémon?

Does anyone remember Steampunk'd back in the day? In that instance, Pokémon didn't 'evolve' and originally, they were just normal beings. But mankind built onto them and biogenetically (is that the right word? :P) engineered them and eventually, they were naturally born with powers. But to 'evolve', they needed to be built that way and wings and stuff were physically built on when it was time for evolution.

I would link you to the thread but it was deleted long ago because of reasons unknown to me (it was September '10 :P) and normal members can't view it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
You guys talking about non-evolutionary Pokémon?

Does anyone remember Steampunk'd back in the day? In that instance, Pokémon didn't 'evolve' and originally, they were just normal beings. But mankind built onto them and biogenetically (is that the right word? :P) engineered them and eventually, they were naturally born with powers. But to 'evolve', they needed to be built that way and wings and stuff were physically built on when it was time for evolution.

I would link you to the thread but it was deleted long ago because of reasons unknown to me (it was September '10 :P) and normal members can't view it.

I SAW IT. COOOL RP. I like steampunk, it's totally ksdjfsk

ok I'll go to bed now or soon atleast

I think it looked so cruel to fit machines and stuff onto the pokémon though x3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back