• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokémon X and Y soundtrack to be released on iTunes

Will you be purchasing the Pokémon X and Y soundtrack on iTunes?

• Total voters

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Pokémon X and Y Super Music Collection

According to Bulbanews, the Pokémon XY soundtrack was recently announced at the 2013 Pokémon World Championships. It contains a whopping 202 tracks (3.5+ hours of background music) split across 4 CDs o_O, apparently, and is set to be released on the music platform service iTunes on November 13, 2013, similar to how other Pokémon soundtracks began being available on iTunes in 2012. The CD will cost 2,625 Yen in Japan. Additionally, "it has a full-color 28-page booklet with notes from Game Freak's sound team."

Gallery of album artwork, featuring Xerneas, Yveltal, and Mewtwo:
Spoiler:

Sources: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mega_Kangaskhan_revealed_at_World_Championships
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wi...llection_release_date_to_be_Nov._13_for_Japan

What are your thoughts on this? I am personally astonished at the number of songs/pieces of music on the album; it makes me wonder whether we'll be getting any remixes of past-generation songs... Since we get to pick pre-set battle music, I'm wondering how much of that will be available as well..? In any case, that album art looks amazing IMO even from this perspective; I'm glad it features unique artwork of BOTH mascots (Xerneas and Yveltal) rather than just the "dominant version mascot", and it sets itself apart a little from the games' actual box arts.

Additionally, it would just make my day if this song was released as a bonus track! ^_^ (composed by Junichi Masuda as a Pokémon-music-style request by Shoko Nakagawa from Pokémon Smash, but hasn't actually been used in a Pokémon game yet to my knowledge):

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
That's cool, i can't believe it has this many though. I can't wait to hear all of them.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm very excited for the soundtrack! I know they've released soundtracks for Black and White and previous games, but they were Japan exclusive so the soundtrack being available in the US and all over the world makes em really happy. I really wish it's available physical CD, though I imagine that would be over 10 discs and very expensive, so iTunes download is suffice enough. Just will have to deal with it.

Last edited:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I would well enjoy it if his custom music (Made for Shoko) was included, but doubt it, as that was about 2 years or so ago.

Either way, I'm betting a lot of the music is variant music, all different tunes for various different areas depending on season, event, maybe even time of day.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I'll definitely be purchasing this when it's released. I can't wait to hear all the new music and it'd be awesome if they have remixes of older themes.
Music is probably my favorite aspect of Pokemon. ^^

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I just watched the announcement it's 202 tracks not 220.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
I might consider downloading this, since I'm one of the few who really enjoys listening to soundtracks of games.

And, since there isn't a discussion regarding the overall soundtrack, I guess I'll point out that from the announcement over at the Pokemon World Championships in Vancouver, they played a soundtrack that plays when you're battling a Gym Trainer. It's cool how even NPCs like Gym Trainers will be receiving their own theme. I'm looking forward to seeing what else they will do with the soundtrack.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
220 tracks is quite a lot. Maybe that's another reason why X & Y takes up a lot of memory.

I'll certainly buy them if I can, because I like most of their previous music. I'd be over the 1000 song mark on my iPod if I purchase all of them.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
I'm going to go on a limb here and says it costs money, which is most likely an obvious yes.

So, no. I'm not going to purchase it. I can wait until a majority of the soundtrack is brought onto YouTube where I can listen to it for free.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I beleive they say we can select a sound track from the game for the wi-fi battles...so we'll be able to hear them when we want for free...or on Youtube xD.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I just watched the announcement it's 202 tracks not 220.

Thanks for the correction; I updated/fixed the original post accordingly. :)

I'm going to go on a limb here and says it costs money, which is most likely an obvious yes.

So, no. I'm not going to purchase it. I can wait until a majority of the soundtrack is brought onto YouTube where I can listen to it for free.

XD Well, yeah, that's true... (ideally, it *should* be free :P) I haven't actually purchased any of the Pokemon soundtracks on iTunes yet, but I plan to someday once I'm able, to at least show some support for the composers of the wonderful tracks that I've heard in-game. Although, I kind of dislike having to buy a game CD, because I'd feel like I'm buying the soundtrack twice+ since I already got the game which contains said soundtrack (and even then, sometimes you can't hear everything contained in the game). :~

What I'm really hoping for is some kind of Sound Test, though. With the various cameos that Game Freak makes in the various regions, it would be quite fitting if whoever represents the "composer/arranger" gives you an opportunity to listen to every single track in-game, maybe as a reward for beating the Champion or completing the regional Dex. I hate it when I can't listen to a favorite track in-game (such as "Battle! Team Magma/Aqua Grunt" from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald; the only way to hear it again after defeating Team Magma/Aqua is to start a New Game), or when I can't listen to all the tracks of a given game in-game (i.e., I have two games with "Battle! Deoxys" in it, FireRed and Emerald, yet I haven't heard it at all in-game because the ticket to Deoxys' habitat of Birth Island is restricted to event distributions). I mean, if you're going to compose all of those songs, you might as well have people hear them instead of letting a few become either 'Lost Forever' Songs or Wasted Songs.

I mean, if a 2002/2003 Game Boy Advance game (from where I mainly got the Easter Egg idea from) and a 1994 Game Gear game can both have fully accessible (and awesome) sound tests, then surely 2 2013 3DS games can have one... :/

Alternatively, I don't see why Game Freak doesn't put up official uploads of their music on YouTube in order to generate ad revenue from viewers that stream the music (maybe a murky rights mess might be the problem?; alternatively, they could use the Content_ID service to gain ad revenue from unofficial uploads while still allowing the unofficial uploads to stay up). With the whole 'worldwide' aspect of XY being pushed, official YouTube uploads would serve to get their music well known worldwide as well...

Years
I wonder if the sound track will contain any remixes from old generations like how in game Gen III had songs from Johto, Gen V had an unused "remix of Rustboro".

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I wonder if the sound track will contain any remixes from old generations like how in game Gen III had songs from Johto, Gen V had an unused "remix of Rustboro".

Aside from the "mainstay" themes (main introduction theme, Pokemon Center, Pokemon Gym interior, Pokemon Evolution, and Pokemon Evolution fanfare), I'm expecting Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald's Poke Mart jingle (from what I've read, it's apparently been slightly re-used in the Poke Marts of Generation 4 games and the "shopping mall" of Generation 5 games) to make a triumphant return (I'm wondering if they split the Pokemon Centers & Marts again just to bring back that theme (assuming Kalos lacks a shopping mall, but I doubt it), because I don't see any other good reasons XD).

Maybe the wonderful SS Anne theme - because it's a quite pretty/beautiful piece for music, IMO, and Kalos seems to be about beauty these days.

I'm really hoping some type of Hoenn battle music makes a cameo, if only to give me a small shred of hope for Hoenn remakes... -.-

Years
Considering the number is it safe to assume that they'll make mixes of the gym music for all gym leaders like B2W2? I think they may do so to give them all a unique feel like the did with Future Unova.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Considering the number is it safe to assume that they'll make mixes of the gym music for all gym leaders like B2W2? I think they may do so to give them all a unique feel like the did with Future Unova.

I would love that, although it seems slightly redundant considering they just did that for B2W2, where the main draw was arguably the Pokemon World Tournament and the numerous cameo Trainers... However, I've often seen people wishing that they could play Kanto Champion music in another region's battling situations, and so on for other regions. But it would seem like a probable idea, helping to appease long-time Pokemon music fans as well. If they were to remix battle music in a similar fashion from other regions, the Wild Pokemon, Trainer, Gym Leader, and Champion themes from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova would probably be the bare minimum IMO (that's 20 tracks right there, though, not counting B2W2. XD)... Maybe Game Freak would also remix other fan favorites, which, from my experience, *seem* to be:

Kanto - Gym Leader and Champion battle themes, though those have been mentioned above. Maybe Lavender Town for extra creepiness, to contrast with Kalos' beauty? XD
*Since Mewtwo is getting extra focus, maybe its battle themes from Pokemon Stadium or Pokemon Rumble might also be included.

Johto - Champion theme, Legendary Dogs, HGSS's Ho-Oh battle theme.

Hoenn - ALL OF THEM. :P More seriously, probably the Regi battle theme, Elite 4 battle theme, Deoxys battle theme, Champion theme, and Team Magma/Aqua Grunt & Leader battle themes. Maybe the Weather Trio's battle theme.

Sinnoh - Cynthia's battle theme, Dialga/Palkia battle theme. Maybe Giratina's battle theme?

Unova - Gym Leader theme, N's battle themes, Ghetsis battle theme(s), Iris's B2W2 Champion theme, thingy that plays when your own Pokemon has low HP...

However, I'm interested in new XY tunes as well, so remixes, if any, might be kept to a minimum.. :o

Years
I would love that, although it seems slightly redundant considering they just did that for B2W2, where the main draw was arguably the Pokemon World Tournament and the numerous cameo Trainers... However, I've often seen people wishing that they could play Kanto Champion music in another region's battling situations, and so on for other regions. But it would seem like a probable idea, helping to appease long-time Pokemon music fans as well. If they were to remix battle music in a similar fashion from other regions, the Wild Pokemon, Trainer, Gym Leader, and Champion themes from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova would probably be the bare minimum IMO (that's 20 tracks right there, though, not counting B2W2. XD)... Maybe Game Freak would also remix other fan favorites, which, from my experience, *seem* to be:

Kanto - Gym Leader and Champion battle themes, though those have been mentioned above. Maybe Lavender Town for extra creepiness, to contrast with Kalos' beauty? XD
*Since Mewtwo is getting extra focus, maybe its battle themes from Pokemon Stadium or Pokemon Rumble might also be included.

Johto - Champion theme, Legendary Dogs, HGSS's Ho-Oh battle theme.

Hoenn - ALL OF THEM. :P More seriously, probably the Regi battle theme, Elite 4 battle theme, Deoxys battle theme, Champion theme, and Team Magma/Aqua Grunt & Leader battle themes. Maybe the Weather Trio's battle theme.

Sinnoh - Cynthia's battle theme, Dialga/Palkia battle theme. Maybe Giratina's battle theme?

Unova - Gym Leader theme, N's battle themes, Ghetsis battle theme(s), Iris's B2W2 Champion theme, thingy that plays when your own Pokemon has low HP...

However, I'm interested in new XY tunes as well, so remixes, if any, might be kept to a minimum.. :o
:) Well that would be cool too, but I was referring to how each of the Unova gym leaders had their own slightly different version of the Unova gym music.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
:) Well that would be cool too, but I was referring to how each of the Unova gym leaders had their own slightly different version of the Unova gym music.

Ohhh...that would be great, as long as they had a "Normal" version. XD These Gym Leaders seem to have quite the hobbies, so I'd love to see how different Gym remixes reflect their hobbies and types as well. :)

Years
Ohhh...that would be great, as long as they had a "Normal" version. XD These Gym Leaders seem to have quite the hobbies, so I'd love to see how different Gym remixes reflect their hobbies and types as well. :)
Korrina could a racing music tone to it.

Clemont can have a techno remix

and Grant can have a rock music tone as he's a rock gym leader...

Back