• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
First of all, great game :D

Second, I'd like to ask for some help. You see, I'm stuck in the Inhore Woods because wild Combees won't let me go. I've talked to Prof. Oak 5 times and he keeps on telling me that most trainers use fire, grass, and water Pokemon and blah blah blah. What should I do get to Inhore City?

Thanks.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
There is a path northwest in the woods that leads to the exit. The Combee aren't blocking a path.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Wow... I really, really can't believe I have to post this, but I was just approached by Sarcastic Prince through MSN, where he repeatedly tried to obtain permission to put his edits into my translation over the course of an hour, and when denied, threatened to do it anyway and release it elsewhere.

I just want to state, for the record, that Sarcastic Prince deserves no credit for any of the work that I (and to a lesser extent the people I credited) did, and does not under any circumstances have permission to edit my translation in any way whatsoever.

I'll know if he does. I've changed enough scripts to recognize my own work.

EDIT: Mods, I sincerely apologize if this post causes any additional trouble for you. I just fully expect him to lie to everyone about getting my permission. Apparently he already has in a few places. I felt I needed to say this somewhere official.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2011
Snake are you serious? is he honestly going to try that?
you know what iam happy with the game the way it is and if i decide to make game or mod it i will start from scratch and make my own not piggyback on someone else sheesh.

pixiefroggy

Awesome Ace Trainer:P
Years
Wow. I don't really think it's my place to jump in, but, after you said no, he should've just accepted it. I understand that he wants his voice to be heard, but, it's still your translations.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Thanks for the support. He tried to get me to 'work with him' for about an hour before storming off. I've logged the conversation and showed it to a few people... it's ridiculous. If he wants his voice to be heard, he can start from scratch, or continue what he was supposed to be working on before.

It's what I did.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2011
yeah i mean honestly he wants you to "work with him" means one thing,you do most of the work and he adds his work in and he gets most of the credit heck iam making a remake of pokemon black for the gba where you can have a pokemon following you like in HG or SS and getting all the sprites just right and iam doing it all by myself and starting from scratch not like he is trying to do

Trogdor the Valid

Custom User Title
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2011
Sarcastic Prince is entirely immature and psychotic. Like, seriously. At one point, I thought he was going to break down and confess his undying love for 'Snake'. I just thought I'd throw that into the arena.

Honestly, Snakbyte put in time and effort every single day to produce this magnificent translation. Sarcastic Prince wants a free ride, and a logpaste can prove it.

So please, as he already said, if you see this anywhere else, changed even a little, know that Sarcastic Prince is using copied work, and make sure that if you do get a copy of Sarcastic Prince's 'updated version', you give all credit to Snakebyte.

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents. That will be all.

Years
note to small birdie
in ur walkthrough you havent mention about a girl giving away a drifloon in the city outside the pokecenter where u get dratini also u havent mention a guy who gives a water stone.
Just to remind u you knw also there r some other missing thngs ar well which i forgot but still a very informative guide i must say.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Don't be so demanding please. it's in a route northeast of the first region. When I finish this battle, I'll go back to it to tell you the route.

groh4412

851fbf51e6f5b04a79790b5fc 0d56f
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2015
Big fan of this game but I have a problem. I talked to the ice gym leader in Mt. Ice and she said she was going to go to the gym but she is still not there.

Back