• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

May's MotM Results! Mmmhmm

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Third fave female, first best RPer, third best in pairs.

I'M MAKING A COMBACK ; ; Just not as epic as it was in the March '09 MotM~

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
I'm in a lazy mood today, so I can't be bothered quoting what I came in, but thanks for all the votes and stuff. And yes, I'm certainly going to shoop da whoop with the Lakers come the next 5 years. :D

And thanks to MICHIPS FOR COUNTING THE VOTES!~!~

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
Years
I've noticed that the same few people are constantly being recycled in the MotM contests. Seems a bit unfair for the people that don't use PC as a their substitute MySpace/Facebook/Twitter, and actually focus on contributing.

By allowing people to freely place votes for whoever they feel like and not having designated candidates, you can and will see that the same people consistently appear in the results.

I recommend that a scouting committee be formed, a group of people who go through the forums looking for candidates for each category. Then when the MotM comes around, the OP posts the candidates that have been recognized. It may take more effort (and this post will probably be ignored), but at least this way, the contests won't always/only be "friends voting for friends".

Sublime

Blimey!
Years
I've noticed that the same few people are constantly being recycled in the MotM contests. Seems a bit unfair for the people that don't use PC as a their substitute MySpace/Facebook/Twitter, and actually focus on contributing.

By allowing people to freely place votes for whoever they feel like and not having designated candidates, you can and will see that the same people consistently appear in the results.

I recommend that a scouting committee be formed, a group of people who go through the forums looking for candidates for each category. Then when the MotM comes around, the OP posts the candidates that have been recognized. It may take more effort (and this post will probably be ignored), but at least this way, the contests won't always/only be "friends voting for friends".

People are voted for in MotM by actually being known as these things. The same people are voted for each time because people know that they are funny/smart/lazy/etc. So if different people want to show up on MotM, then they've got to get noticed for their qualities.

Besides, it's just for fun anyways.

The Scientist

Years
People are voted for in MotM by actually being known as these things. The same people are voted for each time because people know that they are funny/smart/lazy/etc. So if different people want to show up on MotM, then they've got to get noticed for their qualities.

Besides, it's just for fun anyways.

Yeah, I knew that was what it was intended to be, but when one sees the same "Fox♠/Sublime/Goodies/Signomi/Cheri" combo every single month, I really wonder how exposed the Other Chat community is to the rest of PC. Believe it or not, there may be other funny/smart/lazy/etc. people that are active, but you just haven't run into them yet because of voluntary seclusion.

Personally, I've only seen a few (around 5) of you OCers in Pokemon General, RP, and the various Gaming boards.

I smell jealousy here.

/me pats

Not entirely sure what you're saying here... are you implying that I'm jealous? Why? For stating that [in my opinion] the MotM winners are being pulled from a very small pool of interconnected friends?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
How are you meant to vote for someone if you haven't met them yet?

Way to just blow the smoke.

Angela

Aristocracy
Years
Most gullible <.< Again......

I liked being voted the nicest or female of the month, but common, gullible.... ;;

Sublime

Blimey!
Years
Yeah, I knew that was what it was intended to be, but when one sees the same "Fox♠/Sublime/Goodies/Signomi/Cheri" combo every single month, I really wonder how exposed the Other Chat community is to the rest of PC. Believe it or not, there may be other funny/smart/lazy/etc. people that are active, but you just haven't run into them yet because of voluntary seclusion.

Personally, I've only seen a few (around 5) of you OCers in Pokemon General, RP, and the various Gaming boards.

Well, tbh, a lot of these winners hardly hang out in OC at all. I mainly hang around in OT and RP sections. In fact, that list of names you used up there are actually very active in other sections too.

Fox♠- Pixel Art
Sublime- OT/RP
Goodies- Rom Hacking/FF
Signomi- OVP
Cherii- Graphic Arts

So really, we are getting a lot of the communities opinions.

The Scientist

Years
By purpose, I'm guessing you mean "allowing various PC members to be recognized for various traits".

Various PC members = the same people every month?

Anyway, I left my flame shield at home, so I'll just end this discussion by restating that my original comment was just a recommendation to bring some new blood into the MotM polls.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
How do you even know if they're friends if you don't know the person beforehand? Please, don't shed a teary. Besides, a lot of people get voted in those categories because they do deserve them. MoTM is meant to be a fun thing, nothing to go cry over.

The Scientist

Years
How do you even know if they're friends if you don't know the person beforehand? Please, don't shed a teary. Besides, a lot of people get voted in those categories because they do deserve them. MoTM is meant to be a fun thing, nothing to go cry over.

You come across as ridiculously condescending, and once again your message was not very clear.

The fact of the matter is that if you go through the MotM results, you will see that the same names show up again and again. I acknowledged this and made a recommendation to change it. That is all.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
You come across as a jealous, ignorant, self-centred poster.

You come across in a thread that's meant for fun and to acknowledge those who've tried to help out the community and turned it into a war all due to the fact that you didn't get mentioned in any of the categories.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
You come across as ridiculously condescending, and once again your message was not very clear.

The fact of the matter is that if you go through the MotM results, you will see that the same names show up again and again. I acknowledged this and made a recommendation to change it. That is all.
Personally, I agree with you and disagree with you at the same time. The fact is, there are a lot of sections in the voting process that are judged on how well you know someone. You aren't going to vote for someone you don't know for your favorite male. That's just not how it's going to happen. You vote for your friends. Just because there are so many people on here who are the same just means that they are well known and other people acknowledge them to be best suited for the vote. But that's just my view on it. It's nothing to get all upset over, so don't let it get to you.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
Well, if you count the MotM yourself, you'll see that no everyone voted for that certain user in that certain category.

For example,

Example:
1st: Signomi (10)
Out May's MotM three pages, only ten users voted Signomi as Favorite Moderator. That means that fourty-one other members chose someone else different. It's not always the same person. It's just that more people think that he/she deserves to win that category than the other person.

Besides, in the end, it's still a matter of one's opinion.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
Could you all just take a chill pill? My oh my, a friendly, good-going event here... why so serious and defensive? I mean, c'mon now, lighten up. Neiteio made a suggestion, some people disagreed, there's no need for this to escalate to a thread closure. So why don't all of you just take a breather. :)

Congratulations to the winners. Now if you'll excuse me, it seems I must go rape some orange juice container in Alaska. \o/

Angela

Aristocracy
Years
Congratulations to the winners. Now if you'll excuse me, it seems I must go rape some orange juice container in Alaska. \o/

xD ROFL

That poor innocent juice container.... RUN juice container RUN!

Wow I feel selfish I forgot to congratulate the other winners..

So congratulations everyone that won something, I hope your happy with what you won, I know I can live without the one I won.... xD

Awww I'm sorry for seaming ungrateful, but face it, I took a look at who voted me, and surprise surprise, It was Jack and Steve both members that... Well most likely hate me (I don't know that xD),,,, Face it you two I know what you think off me (I don't know that either) and I'm okay with that, but gullible is a thing I'm not..... ;; (xD)

Let's just say it's on.... (Adds those two too list)
Let's see how you like beeing voted for most gullible next month... <.< (xD)

PS. Seriously guys it's just MOTM don't take it so seriously... It's meant for fun (Mostly aimed at people above).......

Last edited:
Back