• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
Strong against Ice and weak to Poison... it doesn't look Flying so Grass/Flying is out of the question & so is Rock... what type is Sylveon!? I'm curious!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Not Fighting: obviously.

Weak to Poison: Excellent!

Strong against Ice: Stop making Ice types an even worse defensive typing, Game Freak.

That's all I know about the common information regarding Sylveon from Smash. The rest I'm not even sure are true because other information about its type advantages and disadvantages varies from user to user such as it being weak to Rock or it being SE against Fire.

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
If "Fairy" is strong against Ice, Ice will need more dual-typed Pokemon.
Maybe an Ice/Steel type with Technician + Frost Breath, an Ice/Fighting type with the same combo, and an Ice/Flying (Delibird is like, Snow/Flying XD).
I've also always wanted to see a Dark/Ice Pokemon (not like Sneasel and Weavile, but a dark type Pokemon with ice claws and/or mask).
Back on the Sylveon topic, yeah, it's a new type for sure.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
I don't think they meant she is weak to poison. I believe she is neutral to it. They were only trying to check if she was immune to poison aka steel type because the previous test showed she was strong against ice.

I think the big reveal on May 19th will indeed be Sylveon's type after all this non-sense testing that makes no sense so far. I use to think it was flying for sure, but now I am definetly leaning towards a new typing.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm still going with Bu-...wait, you mean they aren't strong against Ice? All right, I'm clueless now.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't think they meant she is weak to poison. I believe she is neutral to it. They were only trying to check if she was immune to poison aka steel type because the previous test showed she was strong against ice.

I think the big reveal on May 19th will indeed be Sylveon's type after all this non-sense testing that makes no sense so far. I use to think it was flying for sure, but now I am definetly leaning towards a new typing.

Pokejungle edited their original translation to say that it was strong against her/she was weak to it. Still highly pointless add in, but there can be an error translating meaning. We have to wait until the type reveal in the next few weeks.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
So basically all this testing did was revealing nothing at all? Wow, awesome...
I guess they only wanted to start people speculating again, since the
testing was really cryptic and basically leaves us only with the option of Sylveon being a new type

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Like I said, they'll keep it a secret for as long as they possibly can, then either have it revealed in the movie itself or in the final trailer used to promote the movie in Japan (which still BTW get a film screening unlike here where they are only DVD releases or Cartoon Network debuts).

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
They know what type it is, I think the skit was done to tease a little bit. It dosent seem like if you go by that that Sylveon is any current type.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I don't really understand the logic of Fairy being super effective against ice. I can understand being weak to poison because they're so pure but not the ice part.

Are we sure it was showing that she was super effective against ice and not just regular effectiveness?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't really understand the logic of Fairy being super effective against ice. I can understand being weak to poison because they're so pure but not the ice part.

Are we sure it was showing that she was super effective against ice and not just regular effectiveness?

Pure? Original incarnation of Fairy is evil and vile creatures that harm man for their own amusement. Fairy used to be what we'd call demons today. If anything weak to poison makes the least amount of sense and seems so incredibly pointless.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
They know what type it is, I think the skit was done to tease a little bit. It dosent seem like if you go by that that Sylveon is any current type.
Maybe not. Maybe the Sylveon cosplayer is the only one who knows in the group, as it must react in certain ways to the different types of environments. The rest may actually not know in order to minimize the chance of the secret leaking.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Smash hosts can get inside info before its released to the public. Shoko-tan leaked Zekrom's type accidently. Im fairly sure the Smash hosts have probably been told Sylveon's type but were pretending not to know for the skit.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Smash hosts can get inside info before its released to the public. Shoko-tan leaked Zekrom's type accidently. Im fairly sure the Smash hosts have probably been told Sylveon's type but were pretending not to know for the skit.
But if it's a new type, then all they might know is just that: "new type". They may not know the details yet.

Cyclone

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years

Ah yes we all remembered that, the amount of people surprised by the revelation was priceless

Years
Ugh I really, really hope that it is not strong against Ice types if it is a new type. I'm so sick of Ice types being weak to everything and if anything Ice should resist the new type because it's getting really annoying.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Same here, I actually hope Ice is super effective against the type...
Also as to why fairies may be weak against poison could be that in several legends nymphs and such creatures would become dry and would die if their lakes, streams, forests, etc. became polluted.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Pure? Original incarnation of Fairy is evil and vile creatures that harm man for their own amusement. Fairy used to be what we'd call demons today. If anything weak to poison makes the least amount of sense and seems so incredibly pointless.

Except you know that there are many different incarnations of fairies. Not all of them vile or evil.

Considering this is pokemon we're talking about and we already have dark type pokemon. Plus that pokemon like Clefairy and Snubbull are supposed to be getting the fairy type. I would imagine fairy would cover the more pleasant, magical and whimsical kind of fairies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I see tradition fairies as being more amoral creatures than actually Vile, they did anything that would provide them entertainment be it good or bad, usually bad...
Anyways I do have a feeling like they may go for the Disney version but who knows...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Except you know that there are many different incarnations of fairies. Not all of them vile or evil.

Considering this is pokemon we're talking about and we already have dark type pokemon. Plus that pokemon like Clefairy and Snubbull are supposed to be getting the fairy type. I would imagine fairy would cover the more pleasant, magical and whimsical kind of fairies.

No official source has said that either Clefairy or Snubbull are getting retyped. That appeared in many contradicting rumors which have all been proven as false thanks to Pokemon Smash last Saturday. So there are so far no Pokemon getting retyped. All previous rumors about Fairy type are false and have been proven to be so.

We know Sylveon is a new type, but its type hasn't been confirmed.

Back