• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fifth Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
what is a good fire type avail in white 2. I am tired of Emboar being weak to everything

Years
what is a good fire type avail in white 2. I am tired of Emboar being weak to everything

Both Darmanitan and Chandelure are good options if you want a strong Fire-type in Unova.

You can find Darumaka on Route 4 and in the Desert Resort, plus you can also get a Zen Mode Darmanitan if you do Memory Link with your original Black/White games. It has high physical attack and it learns some strong moves, plus if you catch the normal ones with Sheer Force most of its attacks hit even harder in trade for losing secondary effects.

Chandelure is great if you want a more special-based Fire-type, and you can easily catch Litwick in Celestial Tower on Route 7. They start off a bit weak and take a while to evolve into Lampent but once you get your hands on a Dusk Stone you'll eventually be able to evolve it into Chandelure. It's also part-Ghost which gives you some extra type coverage.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
Is there a specific place on victory roard to catch a zweilous i noticed different parts had certain types. is there a dragon area.

Last edited:

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
Question about RNGing

I posted this question a while ago but no one would answer so here is my question:
Blade said:
Make sure that you are hitting the correct military time.
— Make sure that you are not holding any buttons when loading the Pokémon game. After clicking A, allow the white screen and Pokémon Company, Nintendo message to play. You may begin pressing any buttons as soon as the shooting stars / Gamefreak logo plays.
— You do not have to button mash and you should not be. Just hit the target time and normally enter the game world.
— Make sure that you are not turning on the C-Gear or activating Wi-Fi.
— Make sure that you were saved in an area with wild Pokémon (e.g. Victory Road).
— Make sure that you were saved with a prepared party (e.g. Sweet Scenter). Do NOT withdraw party members.
— Make sure you are not walking around. Use Sweet Scent ASAP.
— Make sure you are not attempting RNG abuse while charging the DS.
— Make sure you are using the same DS and Pokémon version you used to obtain your MAC address and DS Parameters.
— Check everything entered in RNG Reporter. The Pokémon version, the language, the MAC address.
— Widen your parameter search range and/or redo your parameter search.
— If all else fails, explain your procedure and problems.

I made sure I avoided all of these but I don't get something.
It says "Use Sweet Scent ASAP" But wont that increase my frame a LOT?
shouldn't I get to the Frame I need to be at and then enter the battle?

I tried sweet scent ASAP but it was not it, I tried framing it before the battle but still nothing. can someone please help?

Last edited:

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
As soon as you hit your seed and then advance to your target frame, then you would need to use Sweet Scent. It doesn't advance your frame seeing as it decides what your frame is at the exactly moment Sweet Scent was used.

Last edited:
Years
I've played these games myself and there are some substantial differences between the two, both appearance-wise and Pokemon-wise. First, Opelucid City differs in appearance based on the game, having a more futuristic look in Black and a rustic look in White. Next, there's two post-game locations Black City and White Forest. Black City is in Black and you can buy some nice items there if you link up with a lot of people while doing the same thing with White Forest in White will allow you to catch some Pokemon that normally can't be found. And third, the Pokemon encountered in the wild differ between the two games, like the mascot legendaries Reshiram and Zekrom obviously.

Version exclusives list is here: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/exclusives.shtml

I basically choose which game I play based on the exclusives I like better, that's what I'd do if I were you, pick the version that has the exclusives you like better.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
The differences between these games aside from the legendaries and certain wild Pokemon is very slim, so it's entirely up to you. You can use the link Hikamaru gave and decide from there, but aside from the things listed there, you could go either way.

For me, I chose White just because it had Zekrom which I liked the design of better, that was all the reason I needed when I bought it, so do what you want.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
What Fire types are available in Black 2 before beating the Elite 4?

Years
What Fire types are available in Black 2 before beating the Elite 4?

Aside from the Tepig line, here are the other Fire-types obtainable before Elite Four and where you catch them:

Pansear (Lostlorn Forest, in shaking grass patches)
Magby (Virbank Complex, Black 2 only)
Growlithe (Virbank Complex)
Flareon (evolve Eevee with Fire Stone, Eevee can be caught in Castelia City garden accessible through sewers)
Darumaka (Route 4, Desert Resort)
Darmanitan (Desert Resort, only if Memory Link is activated, has Zen Mode ability)
Volcarona (Relic Castle, respawns after beating Elite Four)
Litwick (Celestial Tower, Strange House)
Numel (Reversal Mountain, White 2 only)

Reactions: Nah
Years
Aside from the Tepig line, here are the other Fire-types obtainable before Elite Four and where you catch them:

Pansear (Lostlorn Forest, in shaking grass patches)
Magby (Virbank Complex, Black 2 only)
Growlithe (Virbank Complex)
Flareon (evolve Eevee with Fire Stone, Eevee can be caught in Castelia City garden accessible through sewers)
Darumaka (Route 4, Desert Resort)
Darmanitan (Desert Resort, only if Memory Link is activated, has Zen Mode ability)
Volcarona (Relic Castle, respawns after beating Elite Four)
Litwick (Celestial Tower, Strange House)
Numel (Reversal Mountain, White 2 only)

Eevee is available from Amanita which can be found in Castelia city (Near the gym) using her PokeDream or something like that.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
So, how do you transfer Pokemon from Generation 4 games, again?

How do I transfer Pokemon from Gen 4 to Gen 5 games again? I used to know, but now I've forgotten cuz its been a long while since I played Generation 5 or 4 games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
How do I transfer Pokemon from Gen 4 to Gen 5 games again? I used to know, but now I've forgotten cuz its been a long while since I played Generation 5 or 4 games.

There should be PokéTransfer Lab on Route 15; just visit the place and they will tell you all the steps. :] You need to have two DS systems in order to transfer, by the way.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 30, 2014
How do you get the other key to unlock Registeel, i have he other key on my white 2 game.

Years
How do you get the other key to unlock Registeel, i have he other key on my white 2 game.

The keys needed to unlock Registeel (Iron Key) and Regice (Iceberg Key) are exclusive to Black 2 and White 2 respectively so if you want to obtain the one not in your version you need to trade the keys. Sadly this is done via infrared/local and not wi-fi so you will need a second DS.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Pokemon Black/Black 2 Online

Are these games currently dead online? I was gonna buy a ds lite since a 2ds is too much money and I wanted to know.

Super Bling

Clair pretty thick, huh?
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 10, 2014
Are these games currently dead online? I was gonna buy a ds lite since a 2ds is too much money and I wanted to know.

Not at all, there are still people who play 5th gen. However many people are absorbed into X and Y at the moment so...
Well I'm in the same boat as you though, 3DS cost too much, so I'm stuck with a ds lite but im getting a job soon so I won't have to worry about it that much. Besides I have a pretty good feeling there's going to be a successor to X and Y coming before the year is over or something like that so we won't be missing out on much, hopefully...

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
How the heck do you get through Marlon's gym? I tried to do it without my walk through walls cheat, and I simply could not do it. I ended up getting stuck and had to restart my game. Mainly because I didn't save before going into his gym. So... HOW?

Years
Here's a bit from a specific walkthrough:

"Just up a bit and to the left, you'll see a lily pad. Hopping on the lily pad causes it swim off (with you on top of it) over in the direction you're facing, until it hits something. Go ahead and hop on it to reach the side dock, then fight the Ace Trainer up there. He uses a Floatzel L47 and a Mantine L47. You've gotta watch out for the likes of Mantine, because it is part Flying-type (rendering Grass-type Pokemon ineffective against it), plus it has a ton of Special Defense.

After beating the Ace Trainer, you'll be able to see another interesting dynamic of the lily pad puzzle by hopping onto the lily pad next to him. It'll bump into another lily pad, stopping yours but pushing the other one forward. You'll have to keep that in mind while solving the puzzle.

Now, head up and jump onto the lily pad. You'll have to fight the Ace Trainer just above you. She's got an Alomomola L48 to bother you with. After taking her down, head south onto the lily pad to reach another dock area. You can now cross the lily pad you pushed while getting to the last Ace Trainer.

Follow the path to the north (you can leave to the south if you need to heal) and cross the bridge. Keep following the path until you see a lily pad in the corner. You can approach it either from the north or from the west, pushing it south and east respectively. Go ahead and push it south, then get off and push it off to the east. You can fight the Ace Trainer up there (you're not forced to, though). He uses a Walrein L48, which may also pose a problem for your Grass-type Pokemon.

Now go back across the bridge and head north. Fight the Ace Trainer, using her Pelipper L47 and Wailord L47. You can ride the lily pad either north or to the west. Riding it north won't take you anywhere, so head west on it. There's yet another lily pad. Go ahead and ride it north, up to another Ace Trainer. She uses a Golduck L47 and a Starmie L47.

Ride the lily pad south and fight another Ace Trainer. He's got a Basculin L46, a Basculin L46, and lastly an Azumarill L46.

Ok, time for the fun part. Ride back to the west, then circle around and ride the lily pad north. Now disembark and ride it to the east. You'll bump a lily pad off to the side. Once you've done that, you'll be right where the Gym Leader, Marlon, is hangin' out! If you need to heal, just ride the lily pad to the south to exit. You can hop right back on it after leaving to get back to him easily, so feel free to heal if you need to."

Okay, I probably didn't need to C/P all of that, but hope this helps.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Here's a bit from a specific walkthrough:

"Just up a bit and to the left, you'll see a lily pad. Hopping on the lily pad causes it swim off (with you on top of it) over in the direction you're facing, until it hits something. Go ahead and hop on it to reach the side dock, then fight the Ace Trainer up there. He uses a Floatzel L47 and a Mantine L47. You've gotta watch out for the likes of Mantine, because it is part Flying-type (rendering Grass-type Pokemon ineffective against it), plus it has a ton of Special Defense.

After beating the Ace Trainer, you'll be able to see another interesting dynamic of the lily pad puzzle by hopping onto the lily pad next to him. It'll bump into another lily pad, stopping yours but pushing the other one forward. You'll have to keep that in mind while solving the puzzle.

Now, head up and jump onto the lily pad. You'll have to fight the Ace Trainer just above you. She's got an Alomomola L48 to bother you with. After taking her down, head south onto the lily pad to reach another dock area. You can now cross the lily pad you pushed while getting to the last Ace Trainer.

Follow the path to the north (you can leave to the south if you need to heal) and cross the bridge. Keep following the path until you see a lily pad in the corner. You can approach it either from the north or from the west, pushing it south and east respectively. Go ahead and push it south, then get off and push it off to the east. You can fight the Ace Trainer up there (you're not forced to, though). He uses a Walrein L48, which may also pose a problem for your Grass-type Pokemon.

Now go back across the bridge and head north. Fight the Ace Trainer, using her Pelipper L47 and Wailord L47. You can ride the lily pad either north or to the west. Riding it north won't take you anywhere, so head west on it. There's yet another lily pad. Go ahead and ride it north, up to another Ace Trainer. She uses a Golduck L47 and a Starmie L47.

Ride the lily pad south and fight another Ace Trainer. He's got a Basculin L46, a Basculin L46, and lastly an Azumarill L46.

Ok, time for the fun part. Ride back to the west, then circle around and ride the lily pad north. Now disembark and ride it to the east. You'll bump a lily pad off to the side. Once you've done that, you'll be right where the Gym Leader, Marlon, is hangin' out! If you need to heal, just ride the lily pad to the south to exit. You can hop right back on it after leaving to get back to him easily, so feel free to heal if you need to."

Okay, I probably didn't need to C/P all of that, but hope this helps.

I'll have to try to remember this when I get to it. Thanks. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back