• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Black/White] Emulation Help Thread

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2011
Question regarding Black City/White Forest:

The way I understand it, these locations will "deteriorate" over time, and the way to refresh them/change the encounter lists and such is to visit other players' games via the entralink. Are there any alternatives to this, perhaps AR codes or something (I've looked through PokeSav, and haven't seen any options for it) that I can use to convince the games that I have visited other players' games, despite being unable to actually do it?

Edit: Strange, I only hit the button once. Oh well, double-post gone.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2011
Hi guys,I'm new here.So I've played Pokemon White on DesMume but after 10-20 minutes of playing it slows down EVEN on Frame Skip 9.I switched to Frame Skip 4-5 as I read this is best but still a major slowdown in framerate after 10-20 minutes of play.So I decided to switch to No$gba and put the save fix code.
I reset the catridge and the game is ok until you press New Game when it just freezes with a black screen on.Can anyone help me with this issue,please?
Thanks in advance!

P.S In 3D settings its set to SoftRasterizer and all 3d settings turned off.I bought this computer 1 year ago and it should do fine with Pokemon White.
Also using a Pokemon White USA rom.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
Hi guys,I'm new here.So I've played Pokemon White on DesMume but after 10-20 minutes of playing it slows down EVEN on Frame Skip 9.I switched to Frame Skip 4-5 as I read this is best but still a major slowdown in framerate after 10-20 minutes of play.So I decided to switch to No$gba and put the save fix code.
I reset the catridge and the game is ok until you press New Game when it just freezes with a black screen on.

No$GBA can't play most of the newest games. I use DesMume and It works fine.
You'll just have to stick with the slow frame rate. It's either that, or no game at all. Hope this helped.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Hi guys, is this a place to ask for Action Replay Codes? If not can someone lead me to another section or thread where I can request or ask for help with certain AR Codes..Thanks

River

Ninjah Penguin <3
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 16, 2011
Is there a way to get Pokemon Black or White to play on the CycloDS Evolution '.'? Every time I select the game, the screen just goes black and freezes. I've gotten two different roms with the same result, am I just really unlucky and got two bad roms in a row or..?

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
Erm, I need help on my Pokemon White.
I downloaded No$GBA and it has the missing fight button every 3rd match I have.
I used DeSmuME 0.9.7 x86 it doesn't have the missing fight button now, but it doesn't have EXP gain, I searched google for help and got quite afew of the AR codes, none of it helped.
I downloaded 0.9.6 x86 too, but to no avail.

Anyone help?

PS: I used DeSmuME with no delay or anything, coz I heard people complaining about the fps and stuff.
Mine's got no problem at all, always at 100% and staying at 30fps.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
the emu is fine ......play with a clean rom not a patched one......as patched ones wont allow you to gain exp..like you said

Boeoeoe1

Walkthrougher
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2011
Hey everybody!
I didn't find anything in Google, so I thought it would be a good idea to ask for help in the biggest Pokémon Forum.
So here's my problem:
I have Pokémon White and Pokémon Black ROMs. I want to trade a Pokémon from black to white, but I don't know if it is possible. That's all.

Why do I want to trade the Pokémon (you don't have to read that)
Actually in Pokémon black I have beaten elite four, but in Pokémon white I didn't even beat the first GYM leader. So I want to have Mienfoo for the second GYM. I know how to do it with cheat, but I am wondering if I can do it without cheating for my walkthrough. And yea I am making Pokémon White walkthrough in YouTube.

So, I hope you are able to help me.
Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2011
Hey guys

I've got a question about the use of DesmuME and pokemon black.

I've played it a while ago (around april) and got pretty far, but decided to quit it, for a reason I stil don't understand.

Nevertheless, the game was working properly and loading/saving properly. I have a .nds file and a .dsv file.

Now, six months later, I wanted to give it another try. But when I open my rom (pokemonblack.nds) it opens perfectly, but I can't load from my save file. It always shows the menu with NEW GAME - Mystery gift - Nintendo.. settings - ...

someone knows how to fix this? the save file worked perfectly a while ago, just as the rom did. I haven't uninstalled anything that concerns Desmume or roms or save files. The only thing I did is move the whole map (with all the patches/save games/roms/desmume) to another directory.

thanks for the help

greetings

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I wanted to ask whether you moved it to another folder and voila, you answered this without being asked :D
Unfortunately, moving the files makes saves kinda messed up... as they don't want to work properly.
I do believe that it's possible to fix it.
Try to open ROM normally (means not by quick selection of last opened ROMs) and be sure that the dsv save is in BATTERY folder of DeSmuME.

If it does not work then... you may also try to rename your ROM, then your save (with the fact that both will have the same name), put the save into BATTERY (if it's already there you may also try to move it out of it and then put in back) folder and open the ROM.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2012
Pokemon Black Menu(Down-Screen)

Hello, before a couple of days ago i've downloaded the rom for pokemon black patched in english, now it's working all fine after putting the fix code on)the long one), & also after i activated the sound so it could move on to start the game, but when i'm playing(with no$gba 2.6a), I can't open the start menu to save, I only see the down screen for battles and other stuff, but when i press the enter button for the menu- it does not appear. (I've tried to change the hot key button for it, didn't work)

Anyways is it because i need this firm-ware or something like this? or is the rom is just without it ? What is the reason for it? And how can i fix it?
Thank you all,
A newbie here.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Is there a way to get my Pkmn white rom working again?
The Story was this:
As I was going to the 2nd gym, N fights me. When he sent Timburr out, I suddenly pressed something at No$Gba that reveals the options. When I changed to a diff tab, the option disappeared, and I can't make the option go away. Then my PC hanged. I saved at the path to Pinwheel when I was passing through it the first time, and I finished battling the trainers at the grass path below it. When it hanged. I loaded it again and guess what? It loaded at Dreamyard with a Worthless Tepig and Lillipup... HALP. I had the Full Fix Code, 512 k'd the options, and it got a black screen. Wasted 2 hours damn it. Should i restart again?

Back