• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Mystery Universe [PMD MMO]

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2012
In seaside cavern.. after i defeat kingler,, it says "the door has opened" but i can't see doors ..i think that doors might in the 2nd floor but how to finish the seaside cavern..? Help me pls.

Novalis

Hisorian
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
I've heard this game is good several times in the past. Hopefully I'll have the time to try it out. I've never played the mystery dungeon games before though, so it would be a bit of a shock at first, I'm sure lol.

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2015
Ohello Maraia! Yes, I do remember you! Nice to hear from you again! :)

@Mirana Ah, yes, there were some issues with warping out of Seaside at the time. Sorry for the trouble, but it should be fixed now!

@Novalis Lol, I had never played PMD before PMU. I was just looking for a good Pokemon MMO actually. And I can say, its good for any Pokemon fan. (Though I can't really speak for non-Pokemon fans, I am sure they would like it as well. ;D).
We would be happy to have you with us, let me know if you join though! My name is Char, in game.

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
Years
I do wonder sometimes how the game is viewed if you hadn't played the mystery dungeon series before. You guys should tell me about it! :V

Either way, glad that people find enjoyment from it!

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2012
How do I leave someone's house? I already tried typing /leavehouse 3 times but I can't find the box so it won't work. Please help!

How do I leave someone's house? I've tried typing /leavehouse 3 times but I can't find the bar to type things in so it won't work. I'm stuck. Please someone help!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2015
Pokemon Mystery Universe

@Flare: lol, I'll definitely have to tell you more about it later. I had not played Pokemon games previously, so I was not totally lost. But the rest of it was pretty straightforward.

@GoldenLatias: Its been a week or two, so I do hope you were able to get some help before this (my apologies for not answering right away), but to type in the chat, find the chat box then click the dark blue bar at the bottom of it.

Once you've figured out how to enter text, you may also type /giveup rather that /leavehouse to exit a house. That will warp you to your set spawn point!
-----------
ALSO! Updates!!
We recently released a new region, called Tanren! This new region has dozens of new maps to explore as well as three new dungeons! Definitely worth checking out!

I hope to see you all on.~

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
Can this be played offline? My internet access is practically non-existent.

From what I've seen though, it looks really good! How long have you been working on it?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Don't post in threads that have been inactive for more than 2 months.

Locked.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2013
Hey Um excuse me? Do you guys need any help with the storyline or whatever? I really want to help (because I really truly like this game but it has no story from what I've seen) Um....And btw you guys did a great job on the game :D (except for some bugs and glitches but I'm not going to criticize on that)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I don't know how this was unlocked, but I locked it before and I'll do so again.

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2015
Hello everyone! Sorry I'm so late with replying to this! Since this topic is going to be locked, I'll just quickly reply to a couple questions.

Can this be played offline? My internet access is practically non-existent.

From what I've seen though, it looks really good! How long have you been working on it?
Sadly the game requires internet access to be played. But if you are interested in making a house offline, we do provide an external map editor! (though this does need to be updated).
And the game began development late 2008, but this version was released Sept. 2010. And its still Beta, so its always growing!~

Hey Um excuse me? Do you guys need any help with the storyline or whatever? I really want to help (because I really truly like this game but it has no story from what I've seen) Um....And btw you guys did a great job on the game :D (except for some bugs and glitches but I'm not going to criticize on that)
We used to have a story-writing team, but we got rid of that position for some reason. I suppose we do not have an overarching storyline, but we do have a story behind each of the dungeons. And some do connect to each other. Though, we do welcome suggestions on the forums, so feel free to share your ideas. You never know, we might just implement them in game. ;)

And thank you very much! I'm not sure if you are still playing, but I'm glad you were enjoying it!~
-------------
In the case that this thread is locked, you may ask your questions on our forums! pmuniverse.net/forums , this would actually be more convenient, as I do not check this regularly. (And it will give you a chance to meet some of the community from the get-go).

Also, an update to what is new:
There are many minor things, but a new dungeon in the Tanren region would be the most prominent. A large content update should be released soon, so keep an eye out for that.
I look forward to seeing you all in game.

And thank you Maruno for unlocking this thread temporarily so I could reply! I really appreciate it! :)

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I really liked playing this game , just one thing don't pick abra lol

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2013
I got a problem when opening the game up, it checks for updates then crashes.
If it helps I got this:
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): O nome solicitado é válido, mas não foram encontrados dados do tipo solicitado
at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)
at PMU.Sockets.Tcp.TcpClient.Connect(String ipAddressOrHostname, Int32 port)
at  .()
at  .()
at  ..()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
The source code is now out for people who want to try to code there own game for mystery dungeon [REDACTED]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
Years
Yes, the source code game is out.
I'm looking foward to what cool ideas this will bring.

Here's a thread recently made from one of our faithful developers. c: [REDACTED]

Also our server is back up and this designer off from hiatus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Mar 11, 2015
I would advise against using this source code release, until an appropriate licensing agreement has been entered between myself and the staff at Pokemon Mystery Universe.

As one of the authors of the released works, I have not been asked for permission to release this. This constitutes software copyright infringement.

I ask that the download be removed until such time that a license agreement has been negotiated.

Edit: Resolved. Licensed under the MIT license, enjoy!

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I Really miss PMU!
when the game comes back im going non stop playing for like 5 hours (lol)!

Back