• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cleaning Your Dirty Floor (Sweep Team) RMT

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
The Team Build
To start this off, my first pokemon that I decided I wanted to revolve my team around was Breloom. For his ability of Poison Heal and being able to use the Spore + Focus Punch combo. Breloom was a pokemon I have always had on my team during RSE and I used him a little bit in DPPt.

286.gif

Now with him not being as fast as some other pokemon out there (Weavile, Garchomp, etc.) I need a way to beef up Breloom's speed a little bit and also raise his attack just in case something comes out that can resist a Focus Punch, I can cause a bigger dent in his health. I decided to pick Ninjask as a support and the teams lead pokemon.

291.gif
286.gif

I then decide I need something that can withstand Fire-types and be a good wall in case things get to tough. I also need something that can get a Stealth Rock in. I decide to go with Swampert.

291.gif
286.gif
260.gif

What's going to happen now that I have a Stealth Rock out? The smart trainer may have a rapid spinner to knock them away. As a defense, I need a Ghost type, and also I need a special sweeper in case of a high defense team that Breloom can't handle. Enter Gengar!

291.gif
286.gif
260.gif
94.gif

What kind of team wouldn't be complete without a Dragon-type. As an experimental addition to the team, I choose Haxorus.

291.gif
286.gif
260.gif
94.gif
612.gif

and finally, since an Ice Beam could kill three of my pokemon fairly easily (and in that case to really piss off the other person) that fat pink tub of lard would be the kicker to really annoy people. Blissey!

291.gif
286.gif
260.gif
94.gif
612.gif
242.gif

A Closer Look

291.gif

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Speed
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor

Ninjask is the lead pokemon to up the stats for Breloom and increase the speed of other pokemon when I wish too. Swords Dance to increase Attack, Substitute for protection and Baton Pass to pass it on to the next pokemon. X-Scissor is there for a powerful STAB move.

286.gif

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 Speed / 12 HP
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Seed Bomb

Breloom is the powerhouse sweeper of this team. Put to sleep, sub (if ended up breaking from Ninjask) then Focus Punch. Seed Bomb for STAB.

260.gif

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Sp. Def
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Bulky Water with Stealth Rock support. Earthquake for STAB. Ice Beam against Dragon and Flying types. Protect to scout moves.

94.gif

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Def
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Anti-Rapid Spinner. Substitute for protection, Pain Split to gain back the lost HP. Shadow Ball for STAB and Focus Blast for pokemon like Blissey.

612.gif

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Another great pokemon to Baton Pass to. Outrage for awesome STAB attack. Taunt to stop non attacking moves.

242.gif

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Speed
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

It's Bissey. Do you need an explaination? Standard Toxic-Staller.

ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED :)

Last edited:
Years
This seems to be a really well-built team, although I have a few gripes. The first being Blissey having Aromatherapy over Protect. If you want Blissey to be a genuine toxicstaller, then I reccomend you swap out Aromatherapy for Protect. One Pokemon that I can think of, at the moment, that might be a problem for you, is Reuniclus, especially the Flame Orb variants.

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
This seems to be a really well-built team, although I have a few gripes. The first being Blissey having Aromatherapy over Protect. If you want Blissey to be a genuine toxicstaller, then I reccomend you swap out Aromatherapy for Protect. One Pokemon that I can think of, at the moment, that might be a problem for you, is Reuniclus, especially the Flame Orb variants.

I have Aromatherapy there to get rid of all my other pokemon status problems. I've actually never seen anyone with Protect on Blissey for how high her defenses and HP are.

Back